TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I know AP confirmed that he strangled Nancy and smothered his son........but what are the "bizarre" facts about the case that the investigator was talknig about. What he did is sick, but bizarre? It happens all the time. I'm waiting for an unusual part of the story to unmask.

Well, like I said about Canadian coverage, the Benoit was front page news on my local paper (Windsor Star), the Edmonton Sun, the Toronto Sun (though it was a front page tagline to read page 2), and the National Post.

My cousin works for Sci-Fi and NBC, and they have been in cosntant contact all day on whether or not to cancel ECW. I will send along any updates when I get them.

Where's Mecca the apologist now?

"But are you offended that I still have his pictures in my signature, brother?"

AP confirms he strangled Nancy and smothered Daniel.

I can't believe I'm this disgusted with a man I've respected for so many years.

What a sick bastard.

Yes, with sick being the key word here. As in, sick in the head. I'm having a hard time believing that with all of the good things that everyone who knew him had to say that there wasn't some sort of underlying mental breakdown involved here that caused him to go on this rampage and resort to taking the life of even his own son.

I know AP confirmed that he strangled Nancy and smothered his son........but what are the "bizarre" facts about the case that the investigator was talknig about. What he did is sick, but bizarre? It happens all the time. I'm waiting for an unusual part of the story to unmask.

By god you've already answered your own question! Benoit was wearing his Pegasus Kid mask during all of this.

My cousin works for Sci-Fi and NBC, and they have been in cosntant contact all day on whether or not to cancel ECW. I will send along any updates when I get them.

As long as it's not a second cousin. They haven't been too helpful in this case thus far.

by Dave Meltzer

The AP reported that law enforcement officials close to the investigation have confirmed the current belief that Chris Benoit strangled wife Nancy with an electrical chord on Saturday, smothered his son with a bag on Sunday and then hung himself in his basement/weight room on Monday.

Just the concept of murdering your wife and waiting a day to murder your 7 year old son and another day for yourself is bizarre. Especially if he sat down to watch the PPV or something like that with him.

Who would have thought that of all the sick, disgusting, rotten human beings that have passed through this sport over the years that Chris Benoit would be the worst one of them all?

a bag seems so much worse than a pillow for some reason. I honestly do not understand how someone could do that to their son. Doing it, knowing he's dying...fucked up

What a sick bastard.

Yes, with sick being the key word here. As in, sick in the head. I'm having a hard time believing that with all of the good things that everyone who knew him had to say that there wasn't some sort of underlying mental breakdown involved here that caused him to go on this rampage and resort to taking the life of even his own son.

Sick in the head, of course. One can try to justify him killing his wife by saying he was being cheated on, was attacked or whatever. However, NOTHING, NOTHING that could possibly happen to a human being is enough to justify them killing their son. NOTHING.

Mental breakdown or whatever. No excuse. It doesn't matter.

Just the concept of murdering your wife and waiting a day to murder your 7 year old son and another day for yourself is bizarre. Especially if he sat down to watch the PPV or something like that with him.

The only reason I can think of that he would do that is so that he could have one last good memory with his son. Who knows what was going through his head, though.

Well we knew this would happen but cnn just got done talking about benoit and they noted how many wrestlers have died young, noting it was "two pages long". This tragedy is going to shine a very bright and negative light on Mcmahon, the wwe and wrestling in general and I have a feeling major changes are going to be in store. Maybe..just maybe, if Mcmahon and the wwe had actually enforced their pathetic "wellness policy", Benoit would have been off those steriods long ago and this maybe not would have happened. Certainly its no excuse for what Benoit did but steriod rage certainly could have played a role in this.

It can all be traced back in a way to what Mcmahon and the wwe expect certain wrestlers to look like and the grueling scedule they are put through. If there is any good that comes from this, lets hope that it changes the policies of how much the wrestlers are put through and the idiotic stigma that if they take time off due to injuries its frowned upon by the wwe.

MSNBC just reported 2 of the 3 autopsy reports have been recieved and they are waiting for the 3rd to start the news conference.

What a sick bastard.

Oh.my.god.

Some people are really going to justify this no matter what unfolds, aren't they?

I haven't posted here in years, but Chris Benoit was pretty close to god-level in my eyes. I woke up to find out that he was gone... with all the speculation now, I don't have any idea how to react anymore.

I really, really, really hope the rumors aren't true.

Rest in peace, Chris.

Rest in peace, Nancy.

Rest in peace, Daniel.

Maybe you should change your name to something that doesn't have the word "guy" in it, now that you're a transsexual, cuz.

http://www.myspace.com/zoef

277774017_l.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU? You look like a combination of Edge and Snitsky and maybe Luna.

I've never understood why people that are obviously ugly refuse to understand the fact that they are ugly and decide to take pictures of themselves. Disturbing.

There is a difference in justification and understanding what a mental illness is........it's not like trying to quit smoking or something you can just control.

What a sick bastard.

Sick in the head, of course. One can try to justify him killing his wife by saying he was being cheated on, was attacked or whatever. However, NOTHING, NOTHING that could possibly happen to a human being is enough to justify them killing their son. NOTHING.

Mental breakdown or whatever. No excuse. It doesn't matter.

True enough. There is no justification for murder. But until you study the human brain, and how it works, and what causes it to breakdown.. then you'll never really understand what could lead someone to do that.. and not even really know why they're doing it themselves. I have a childhood friend who about 10 years ago began to suffer from schizophrenia... we had entire conversations that he doesn't even recall. If he wasn't on medication, he'd hear voices and those voices would tell him to do terrible things. Very surreal. Very much IMPOSSIBLE to understand if you're not him. This is not me being an apologist or whatever. This is me saying not to be so sure that Benoit was some sick degenerate fuck who was plotting and scheming to kill his wife and kid all along. This kind of thing can happen to the best of people, even people who don't have a violent bone in their body.

What a sick bastard.

Oh.my.god.

Some people are really going to justify this no matter what unfolds, aren't they?

Some people can't separate a fictional universe from reality.

A professional wrestler has been found dead at his family home in the US along with his wife and son in what officials say appears to be a murder-suicide.

Chris Benoit, nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler", was one of the leading stars of international wrestling.

Investigators said Benoit appeared to have taken his own life after killing his wife and their seven-year-old son.

The family lived in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia.

Benoit failed to attend two live wrestling events at the weekend, telling World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) that this was due to an "undisclosed family emergency".

He later sent several puzzling text messages to friends which prompted them to contact WWE, who asked authorities to check on his home.

'Rabid Wolverine'

"We are investigating it as a murder-suicide," said Keith Whiteside of the Fayette County Sheriff's department.

The bodies were found in three separate rooms of the house. Benoit's body was found in the weights room, the body of his wife, Nancy, in an office and the son's body in an upstairs bedroom.

The county's district attorney, Scott Ballard, declined to give further details about how the three died.

Born in Montreal, Benoit was a former heavyweight champion who had several professional nicknames including "The Rabid Wolverine".

I trust the BBC implicitly so I'll take the locations in the house as true.

What a sick bastard.

Oh.my.god.

You're an idiot. I'm not justifying anything. Read my other post. If you've got more snide "apologist" comments, then take it to NHB, fuckdouche.

EDIT: Read what Mecca says about understanding mental illness. If that's not worth something - understanding WHY someone does something like this - then what I'm trying to say has gone over your head, which wouldn't be too big of a surprise.

I trust the BBC implicitly so I'll take the locations in the house as true.

Try telling Prof. David Kelly's family that :D

Just hope Andrew Gilligan gets nowhere near this!