TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The Rock was a DT for a DIV 1 football team.......he's just a huge man wrestling or no wrestling..Cena was an offensive lineman in college......these are just big men.

The Rock was a DT for a DIV 1 football team.......he's just a huge man wrestling or no wrestling..Cena was an offensive lineman in college......these are just big men.

Not just any Div I team either, a powerhouse.

Yeah, I mean really all the wrestlers are going to look huge compared to the average man. I remember Karl Malone looked skinny when standing next to DDP, and Karl isn't no small man.

It should be a very interesting show to say the least.

Cena, at least to me, comes across as very convincable(sp?) and well spoken when he's talking serious. I thought both his Eddie and Benoit tribute testimonials seemed very sincere and well done. I can understand why Vince would want him to represent the company.

Has anyone seen any kind of comment from The Rock yet? I know he doesn't like to discuss his wrestling career much anymore, but I am surprised to have not seen some kind of statement from him.

He's best served to not comment on this until he has to, which will be when he's doing press for the next movie this fall.

By then they will be talking about Paris Hilton opening up her new church.

I just thought of sommething, I hope it hasn't already been mentioned.

The Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit, Owen Hart tribute match.

Because it was under different circumstances, not a storyline built to it, will this match be FOREVER lost in the WWE library. I understand deleting other stuff on Benoit, but because it was a tribute match to Owen, will this match at least still get mentioned from time to time? Or like WCW, and everything that ever happened, WWE will probably now forget about this match forever.

I think WWE will totally, 100% ignore Benoit in everything for about a year, but will go back to only mentioning him when historically needed. But you can forget about ever seeing any of his matches on DVDs or seeing him used to promote something ever again.

The thing with Cena is that I never realized just how big that guy actually is until I saw him on Conan a few weeks back. Holy shit, the guy looked huge on that show. I know that he's a big guy, but I never really totally thought that he was on steroids without a doubt until I saw him on that show then.

He was standing next to 6'3", 190 lb. Conan (the same specs as yours truly). Cena is legitimately 50 lbs. heavier, and in ridiculously better shape when it comes to body fat percentage and overall build.

And I remember that documentary he did when he was on some indy wrestling circuit and he was like constantly eating steak that he had in little bags to get his weight up to keep his body. And I mean a ridiculous amount of steak. I don't know. If the guy says he ain't touch the roids, then I believe him honestly. To be honest, there is a short list of wrestlers that have outright said they don't use steroids. They usually dodge the question or say I am not on steroids now but I have used before(like...last month).

I believe it was 18-20 lbs of steak per week - his entire shopping cart filled with various steaks.

A man that adamantly denies using steroids, as Lance Storm put it [paraphrased], "is either a genetic freak of nature, or one of the biggest hypocrites and assholes in the company". According to Storm, he also goes around the locker room and trash-talks the obvious roiders about how he's completely natural.

A man that adamantly denies using steroids, as Lance Storm put it [paraphrased], "is either a genetic freak of nature, or one of the biggest hypocrites and assholes in the company". According to Storm, he also goes around the locker room and trash-talks the obvious roiders about how he's completely natural.

He's referring to Cena?

I think WWE will totally, 100% ignore Benoit in everything for about a year, but will go back to only mentioning him when historically needed. But you can forget about ever seeing any of his matches on DVDs or seeing him used to promote something ever again.

I agree. I think it's impossible to delete him forever. He's been part of too many classic moments. I'm sure we'll never see his embrace with Eddie at WM 20 ever again, but I'm sure he'll still be in Flair's Nitro return promo, and be put back in the Monday Night Wars and other 24/7 stuff.

I was looking at Brian Hildebrand's memorial website, and came across a tribute written by Chris Benoit after Brian died, apparently they were really close friends. There are also some good photos of Chris, Nancy, Brian, and some of their friends on this page: http://www.brianhildebrand.com/Photos1/Photos3/photos3.html, the photos are kind of sad and a little disturbing, in retrospect...

Until seeing those pics, I never realized how close of friends they were.

"On the Subject of Brian Hildebrand..."

By Chris Benoit

"...On the subject of Brian Hildebrand, I want to thank all the fans that sent cards, and flowers and called the house.

While I was at his house, his wife Pam got calls from various wrestlers and fans and even those who prayed or took a moment of silence to think about Brian. He was the most inspirational person I ever met in my life.

We all have trials and tribulations day to day, but when you compare the fight that he put up for two years... every mountain I've ever climbed pales in comparison.

I talked to his nurse, and his nurse had said that out of all the patients she's ever had, Brian was the only patient that never complained. He never once complained about his fight, about his sickness, about his pain. Which says a lot about the content of his character and what kind of person he was.

Alot of people stood up at his funeral service, and spoke of Brian and anyone that knows Brian or got to know Brian realized how sincere all the words that were said about him really were. Talk about true people in the world, he was definitely a true person as well as a true friend.

Brian Hildebrand

I wish I could have met Brian a lot sooner then I did. People like that are great to be around. I like surrounding myself with those kind of people and he was a big influence in my life. He led by example, and the example he set was how he lived day to day. He was very straight forward, and you could always get an honest opinion from him. I'm going to miss him, I'm really going to miss him and I'm never going to forget him and what kind of impact he had on my life.

He was a great guy."

I agree. I think it's impossible to delete him forever. He's been part of too many classic moments. I'm sure we'll never see his embrace with Eddie at WM 20 ever again, but I'm sure he'll still be in Flair's Nitro return promo, and be put back in the Monday Night Wars and other 24/7 stuff.

Pretty much. You'll never, ever see a piece of video on WWE TV or WWE.Com with Benoit as the center of attention. But I think after a year, you'll start seeing video with him not as the focal point again (i.e. Horsemen reunion in '98).

I just thought of sommething, I hope it hasn't already been mentioned.

The Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit, Owen Hart tribute match.

Because it was under different circumstances, not a storyline built to it, will this match be FOREVER lost in the WWE library. I understand deleting other stuff on Benoit, but because it was a tribute match to Owen, will this match at least still get mentioned from time to time? Or like WCW, and everything that ever happened, WWE will probably now forget about this match forever.

It's already on Bret Hart's dvd so it's available.

Besides the obvious reasons of why I'm angry and disgusted with him (the killings duh), selfishly I'm disgusted with him because of how many great moments that he was apart of will now either be forever tainted or never even shown because of what he did. There was an article in the AJC a week or so back about this very topic and he hit the nail on the head in every way about how I feel. It seems rather disgusting to even be angry about something like WM XX's match/celebration when two people are dead but as a wrestling fan it kills me that probably the greatest wrestlemania moment in history for yours truly is forever going to be damned by the wwe and rarely shown. Besides the obvious questions of why would he do what he did, the evilness of it all, why in the world he would throw away what he worked for so hard his entire life with respect to the wrestling business, is one of the big questions for me too. Its hard to understand why someone who loved what he did so much and believed in what he did for a living with such a passion, would be so willing to piss it all away.

Of course this is asking for logic from someone who killed an innocent woman and a child. So its probably futile to wonder such things.

Nancy Grace is horrible she starts the show by saying another WWE wrestler dead she is talking about Johnny Grunge who wasnt even in the WWE at the Time

Next week, she'll report that Andre The Giant just died and steroids are a possible factor.

News flash from Nancy Grace:

Frank Gotch DEAD!! Was it steroids?

The best quote about Nancy Grace came from a local talk show radio host who said (while reporting on her recent announcement that she was pregnant): :

I remember seeing a parody skit on SNL about Nancy Grace and thought it was too over the top and fake. Then I saw the real show and it was exactly like the SNL skit."

Nancy Grace is pretty interesting tonight....Konnan and Marc Mero so far. They are taking a look at the death of Johnny Grunge as well.

I almost have to take a McMahon on HBO esque position of years ago......no one forces these guys to wrestle. There are other ways to make money.

I am, however, for Konnan's ideas of regulation, especially when it comes to these guys paying for their own rooms and trans......does WWE pay for flights?

I think Larry King's show tonight should get it's own thread, anyone agree?

Nancy Grace is pretty interesting tonight....Konnan and Marc Mero so far. They are taking a look at the death of Johnny Grunge as well.

I almost have to take a McMahon on HBO esque position of years ago......no one forces these guys to wrestle. There are other ways to make money.

I am, however, for Konnan's ideas of regulation, especially when it comes to these guys paying for their own rooms and trans......does WWE pay for flights?

No. It relates to this issue. Every involving Benoit should stay in this place.

Grace is a fucking idiot. You see the look of confusion when being told the difference of murder and manslaughter.

Another thing though, about the Fragile X. My little brother has Autism, and just from the footage I've seen of Daniel, he appeard to have the same look/indifference, etc. except for one piece of footage. When Benoit is hugging his wife after he wins the title, Daniel is seen in the bottom of the frame dancing in celebration, and even that looks kind of awkward. The thing is though, there are no post mordem tests to conclude if he had any of these mental deficiencies, right?

He also doesn't hug his Dad back during that footage....he was autistic, or definitely suffering from something from that family of disabilities.

No. It relates to this issue. Every involving Benoit should stay in this place.

Grace is a fucking idiot. You see the look of confusion when being told the difference of murder and manslaughter.

I only meant because the power trifecta of Hart, Jericho and especially Cena on a major news program may deserve it's own thread. I see your point though.

I thought you can die from sleep apnea?

You can. It's more common then people realize. Nancy is just trying to make it look like another wrestler died because of Astin.

Nancy Grace is horrible she starts the show by saying another WWE wrestler dead she is talking about Johnny Grunge who wasnt even in the WWE at the Time

Next week, she'll report that Andre The Giant just died and steroids are a possible factor.

They show Andre on their list of wrestlers under 60 that died. Granted, it's true, but it would be nice to see reasons next to the names.

They show Andre on their list of wrestlers under 60 that died. Granted, it's true, but it would be nice to see reasons next to the names.

its the media, if the chance presents itself they will somehow sell it that all wrestlers have died from steroids and nothing else

You can. It's more common then people realize. Nancy is just trying to make it look like another wrestler died because of Astin.

Reggie White died from sleep apnea.

Reggie White died from sleep apnea.

Which leads me into my "White was a steroid abusing piece of shit" diatribe I deliver at bars when people attack pro wrestling. It may not be even close to true, but he died in his 40s, so that's all I need. Early death = drugs.

To me, this is one of the biggest moments in the history of the sport. Three of the biggest names, and the biggest story we're ever going to see, tragic as it may be.

King did his research. He even knew how Jericho left WWE.

Absolutely. Foley had similar comments about King in his second book, that even when King doesn't know his subject, he appears to.