TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

If it weren't for the fact that Chris called people after he had killed his family and lied about taking his son to the hospital and all that crap, it really would look like Nancy did it.

I mean, her friend Sherri dies, she complains about being a single mother and having all the responsibility because Chris is on the road all the time to friends.

I mean its obvious she didn't do it so I am happy he made those calls. Otherwise you would see her being drug through the mud as being the possible kid killer.

Yes, because she was totally capable of strangling herself with a TV cable while her wrists and ankles are tied together with duct tape.

Because saying people would think she was a KID killer would imply that she killed herself and chris too.

Or I could have been saying saying that since the TOD in her and Daniel were so close and could be so easily be wrong, that the possibility of her killing the kid and Chris killing her would be brought up.

I am sorry. Next time I will break it down further for the slower people out there.

But they're not close. The examiners said that Daniel died about twelve hours after she did. That's way past the margin of error in those tests. There's no question whatsoever that Benoit killed her, and then killed him.

Nash looked and sounded really good on the show... though it is a bit of a stretch to think that someone who spent the better part of two decades around Scott Steiner never once saw a case of roid rage.

Any idea how Benoit felt about Beef Wellington's death? Maybe he commited the acts too soon after Beef died to get a comment from him? Did anyone know how he felt about another death close to him?

Any idea how Benoit felt about Beef Wellington's death? Maybe he commited the acts too soon after Beef died to get a comment from him? Did anyone know how he felt about another death close to him?

Wasn't Wellington found dead on the 24th, though he had died some days earlier? If so, I would think Benoit didn't even know about Wellington's death, as he was too busy killing himself by then.

If it weren't for the fact that Chris called people after he had killed his family and lied about taking his son to the hospital and all that crap, it really would look like Nancy did it.

I mean, her friend Sherri dies, she complains about being a single mother and having all the responsibility because Chris is on the road all the time to friends.

I mean its obvious she didn't do it so I am happy he made those calls. Otherwise you would see her being drug through the mud as being the possible kid killer.

Yes, because she was totally capable of strangling herself with a TV cable while her wrists and ankles are tied together with duct tape.

Because saying people would think she was a KID killer would imply that she killed herself and chris too.

Or I could have been saying saying that since the TOD in her and Daniel were so close and could be so easily be wrong, that the possibility of her killing the kid and Chris killing her would be brought up.

I am sorry. Next time I will break it down further for the slower people out there.

But they're not close. The examiners said that Daniel died about twelve hours after she did. That's way past the margin of error in those tests. There's no question whatsoever that Benoit killed her, and then killed him.

The reason they gave such strange approximate times (being almost 24-48 hours in some cases with the initial reports) is because A; Apparently the house wasn't cooled which fucks up all type of TOD gauging. B: Nancy was bound and had apparently struggled before being strangled which will raise the blood pressure, once again throwing TOD way the hell off. C: The boy was in a higher room in a uncooled house in the bed, once again, could throw off TOD.

The examiner came up with Nancy died at sometime on Friday night and Daniel died somewhere between Saturday morning or afternoon. Basically he gives a 12-15 hour window because there is no way in telling because it was such a fucked up scene.

Once again, not saying that Nancy did it because it is obvious that she didn't. but if not for those text messages and lies you know full well someone would be trying to say Nancy killed the kid and beniot killed her. Especially with the devil worship bs in her past and being arrested for trying to kill Kevin Sullivan (who honestly probably deserved it) and with her not being happy with being the single mother and such.

I am just pointing out how crazy cases like this can get when there is no note involved. Somebodies second cousin should produce that suicide note right about now to clear everything up.

I just uploaded most of tonight's Benoit cable media coverage to Youtube. **Updated with Dave Meltzer and Marc Mero on MSNBC with Dan Abrams.**

Here's Kevin Nash on Hannity and Colmes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Nfr3KrMlM

Oh man, that was great. That dumb bitch was really going waaaay overboard with her accusations. Questioning his credibility instantly, asking if he felt wrestlers deserved to stand trial, and then somehow brought up the influence on high schoolers and college kids. How she linked all those together, I really can't remember; I stopped listening to her out of sheer disbelief. And I just loved how they kept cutting him off -- geez, what a way to disprove him. He's giving information that they ask, but oh no lets not have him give away too much, now. Give me a fucking break.

Chris should have gotten help but was unable. All of his friends thought he was a perfectly normal guywhen really he was not.

He was probably in one hellish situation. No, not probably, come to think of it. Couldn't take the time off work, obviously; wouldn't have a job to come back to. Plus, if he was frustrated at home, he wouldn't want to spend too much time there without being stressed out.

I wonder how long it'll be before they turn this into a Lifetime flick, or some other cheesy made-for-tv movie.

So far, Warrior and Nash have made the most sense.

There's a buddy cop film in there somewhere. The rough and tumble and legally insane Harvey Warrior and his giant bodyguard, Nash Nova, with a bevy of fast women and even faster cars, which he needs because of his bad knees from years as a cokehead, now reformed and trying to clean up the streets! Coming this fall to FOX~

Even as a guy who liked both Nash and Warrior, I knew they'd come in handy someday since they didn't have that much in-ring skill.

He was probably in one hellish situation. No, not probably, come to think of it. Couldn't take the time off work, obviously; wouldn't have a job to come back to. Plus, if he was frustrated at home, he wouldn't want to spend too much time there without being stressed out.

I wonder how long it'll be before they turn this into a Lifetime flick, or some other cheesy made-for-tv movie.

He had already taken about 4 months off in 2006 so who knows if more time would have even helped.

did Mero say on Nancy "Douchebag" Grace that he needed a heart valve replaced, i got a bad feeling about that :(

Law and Order Ripped from the Headlines. I see it happening.

Guest Smues

I'm fully expecting it to be the season premier.

I'm fully expecting it to be the season premier.

L&O would have to give it a twist though. Like in the end it turns out it wasn't a murder-suicide, but a triple homicide by the wife's ex or something.

Guest Smues

And it'll be a boxer instead of a wrestler or something else goofy. As long as it's got Jack McCoy I'll be there.

from www.myspace.com/jd_michaels

My take on Benoit, the Media and Fans...

Current mood: blah

The week of June 25th was like riding a scary ass rollercoaster--but with a blindfold on. None of us saw any of it coming, nor could ever expect it from Chris. Then again, isn't it always that the case? I write this as my patience has been growing thinner by the hour with all the ridiculous comments and speculations made mostly by the media, but some however by wrestling fans. Being from Edmonton just like Chris, this has hit pretty hard considering he was definitely an influence for me and I had a lot of respect for him. Just a few weeks ago in Philly, Chris and I talked for a bit about Edmonton and things alike. He also gave me advice on how to make myself stand out to upper management later that day.

Before I write about the media, I want to touch on what some wrestling fans have been saying. Some fans have refused to wake up and accept reality. You need to stop saying 'he didn't do it', 'he couldn't do it, 'he wouldn't do it'. Did you know Chris Benoit? In fact when something like this happens, those who ACTUALLY knew him are saying "Did I even know who that guy was?" Especially when something so out of character happens. Some fans who like to think they are so "smart" are refusing to realize that Chris Benoit the wrestler, the locker room leader, the ring general, the machine...and Christopher Benoit the person might have actually been night and day. Just because nobody ever said a bad thing about him before and he was polite to you while signing your autograph and you saw him on TV every week for the last ump-teen years, doesn't mean you know him in the least. Obviously legit facts have shown that there must have been a reason Chris was so quiet, reserved and didn't let most know who he was. Perhaps he didn't like who he was. That, like many questions that have surfaced since this unfortunately happened, will probably never be answered. You can speculate for days on end. How Benoit spoke of his family, or even acted with them in public might have been totally different than once they were at home, just the 3 of them. I'm sure Nancy didn't file charges and for divorce for no reason back in '03. I dare say, maybe the only people who really knew who Chris was, are no longer with us.

Some fans are saying they still support Benoit and will say how great he was, because he must of "momentarily snapped, it wasn't really him"...keep in mind you are supporting a person who killed 2 other innocent people. Last time I checked, a moment doesn't last 3 days. I'm pretty sure you cannot tie someone's feet and hands, wrap them in a blanket so they cannot struggle and then strangle them to death in just a moment, much less kill an innocent 7 yr old boy a day later. Some fans are choosing to ignore reality so they can continue to 'mark out' over the things Benoit did in wrestling. Despite what has happened, as much as I love wrestling, a mentality like that, makes me embarrassed to associate with you. This is real life. Between the time difference of the deaths, to how he made sure his wife wouldn't get away, to the phone calls to WWE laced with lies...and what about the recent discovery that he took out a new life insurance plan and only listed his ex wife and his kids from that marriage. He knew what he was doing to some sick extent. This was all thought out at some point. If Chris was your neighbor who worked a 9-5 you wouldn't defend him in the least. But some fan's visions are clouded by the fact he was a WWE Superstar. Forget tarnished, Chris Benoit single handedly destroyed a life times worth of work in less than 3 days. Every single person on this planet is responsible for themselves. If he had such mental issues, it was Chris' responsibility, not Vince's to seek help for himself via therapist, psychiatrist, exorcist...whatever. Sure he was a man of pride, but did he ultimately have too much pride to help himself? I guess once again, we'll never know. What we know is this is a tragedy and it sucks

Now for the media. I could go on for days on how immature, ridiculous and just flat out joke they have been. I'm amazed they could even let the public know it was a murder-suicide, since every other word out of their mouth or in print is Steroids. First of all, I want to say I think WWE and Vince McMahon have handled this appropriately. They did the tribute show when all that was known was that Benoit and his whole family were found dead. There was no ruling, and barely any credible speculation when Raw went on the air. It wasn't until Raw was pretty much over that it was being said in theory it was going to be ruled a murder-suicide. As soon as that theory was thrown out there, WWE quickly removed all Benoit tributes, appropriately I might add. It wasn't until the next afternoon the ruling was made official. The media has done their best to round up the best of the bitter--regarding their guests. I'm referring to Marc Mero (who seems to be doing every single friggin show) and Chyna. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why Mero would be bitter, after all, he was out nursing a knee injury and his then wife became more over than he could have ever dreamed of and when he came back until he was released, he just floated around in Sable's shadow. And of course Chyna who has been saying Vince makes her sick. Listen Joanie, hating on Vince for siding with his own daughter, ain't gonna change the past and lying about NEVER touching steroids ever isn't gonna score you good karma either. Debra is another who seems to be trying to use this situation to score sympathy heat over her rocky relationship to Steve Austin. What happened with you and Steve has nothing to do with this. You say you are doing these shows to try and help, yet all you talk about is what an asshole Steve was. If you knew Nancy was in a bad situation, why didn't you say something before? Or even privately? Thank god Chris Jericho and Bret Hart were also given a chance to speak and tell it like it is, regardless of their pasts with Vince or the wrestling business.

The media has and always has had a misconception about steroids. They love to throw out there Wrestling = Steroids = Bad. Steroids are used in every major sport and have been probably since the 50's with bodybuilding. If they are anywhere near what they say they are, why haven't all the Mr. Olympia's from the last 50 yrs dropped dead like flies or why hasn't there been mass family murders? In fact, most are still around and in better shape than anyone else their age. Why do they not mention that SMOKING kills around 175,000 Americans, and about 5 MILLION people worldwide each year? That is 13,699 dead EACH day. Steroids were created to HELP man, not hurt him like cigarettes. Scientists in the late 1800's realized how hard life was for man. Long days, bull work, heavy lifting etc. So they experimented with extracting testosterone from pigs testicles and making an synthetic form that man could take to make him stronger, work harder and recover. Steroids have also been used by doctors to save people's lives. Aids patients, cancer patients...this list goes on. There is a difference between use and abuse. I am not condoning anything, but jesus christ, get your shit straight.

The media has also brought Eddie Guerrero back into light. "He died of a heart attack stemming from an enlarged heart probably due to steroid abuse". Probably? Are you kidding me? The word probably would never hold up in a court of law. It is either a fact or it is fiction. Eddie openly admitted in his book that from almost the beginning of his wrestling career, drinking was always his "mistress". FACT: Drinking for extended periods of time on a regular basis, causes an enlarged heart amongst other things. Eddie also talked about his prescription drug abuse. FACT: All those pain killers the uppers & downers cause an enlarged heart. Eddie admitted to mixing his pills with his alcohol and in fact had a few overdoses in his life--some before working for WWE. FACT: Your typical athlete, just by exercising is at risk for an enlarged heart. Do your research before you shoot your mouths off. With the internet, in 5 minutes you can pretty much find out anything you want. There are tons of legit medical sites that thoroughly explain what causes an enlarged heart. All these people who have never even seen the inside of a gym, ever known anyone who used Steroids or don't actually know jack about any of these medical condition, feel like they are qualified to speak about these issues just because they are on a tv show or have access to a media outlet.

Enlarged Heart.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002605.html

-High blood pressure over a prolonged period of time

-Thyroid disorders or diabetes, which hamper metabolism

-Other heart defects, including valve problems, tissue damage from a heart attack, or a chronically high heart rate

-Heavy use of alcohol over many years

-Nutritional deficiencies of critical vitamins and minerals, including selenium (vital to the heart's electrical functioning), thiamin, calcium, and magnesium

-Abuse of cocaine

-Overuse or unmonitored use of certain antidepressants

-Some chemotherapy drugs used to treat cancer, especially adriamycin

Roid rage is another term being abused. Yes roid rage does exist and in fact lasts momentarily, not 3 days. But Roid rage? Apparently during a rage, one becomes enraged and acts rather than thinking. However, it is up to the individual to try to control it. Obviously if Chris wasn't able to handle it, he would have flipped out many times before and lost it a long time ago in front of other people. As we've heard, none of Chris' co-workers can ever recall seeing him flip out. What happened in his house, is another story. Since some thinking had to take place for Benoit to carry this out over 3 days along, with the fact that neither body was beat up (aside from a knee bruise on Nancy's back) should be more than enough evidence to anyone with half a brain that this wasn't an incident of rage. (Chris)Jericho said it best. "It is much deeper than something like Steroids, Benoit obviously had some severe psychological issues that he held in for far too long until he snapped." I have no doubt there were pressures on Benoit. All of us, in someway or another have pressures, regardless of what line of work you are in. You could be unemployed and have pressure to get a job because you have bills that need to be paid and you need money to buy food so you can eat. Everyone has pressures. Pressure is a sure thing in life, we all have to deal with it.

Again, the media trying to blame Vince, is saying the wrestlers work too hard. While there is no doubt that wrestling has a schedule unlike any other profession and they bust their asses over 200 days a year, but all of us know this when we get into the business that's what WWE's schedules are like. If you cannot handle the schedule, maybe you shouldn't be in this business...but don't turn around and blame Vince if you can't handle it. There is a reason it takes a 'certain breed' to do what we do. Vince owns a sports entertainment company which provides opportunities to wrestlers that enable them to do what they love on the grandest stage in the world. They get to see the world and makes lots of money doing so. What any wrestler does by himself or in the privacy of his own home, is beyond Vince's control. The media thrives off of controversial headlines and since Steroids are always painted in a negative light, its been their ace card. So what if Chris does test positive in his toxicology report. His last WWE test in April showed he tested negative. Who is to say he didn't start back on them the very next day? Who is to say he didn't start back on them just a few days before this tragedy? We don't know and it really is a waste of time to speculate or point fingers. Heaven for bid the media paint it for what it really is and quit acting like steroids are worse than heroin and caused this, because in fact I'm pretty sure we may never know what caused this. We may never know why Chris unfortunately did what he did.

FOX 5 In Atlanta, GA is reporting tonight that authorities are opening up an investigation into the death of Mike (Johnny Grunge) Durham, who passed away in February 2006.

Grunge was a close friend of Chris Benoit and was also a patient of Dr. Phil Astin. Investigators are looking into prescriptions that Astin gave Grunge, including one for 120 Soma tablets the day before Grunge died. The bottle was found empty.

Grunge was known to have problems with pain killers and at one his last appearances, he was so incoherent in the ring that he forgot to raise his hands up to wave to his music.

The autopsy for Grunge states that he died from a coronary artery blockage and morbid obesity. Soma and Hydrocodone was also found in his system.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1

Who is JD Michaels?

Shawn Michaels look-a-like on the independent circuit.

He's also married to April Hunter.......I'm sure some here will remember her.

Not really a significant piece of news, but figured I'd post this since some people are asking about the Japanese reaction..

From Puroresupower.com:

(7/06/07) - (New Japan) 7/6 The promotion release a statement saying they would not make any further comment on Chris Benoit given the current facts of the situation regarding the murder-suicide.

Here is a link to the press release, in Japanese of course. http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/article.php?nwid=7056

Who is JD Michaels?
Shawn Michaels look-a-like on the independent circuit.
He's also married to April Hunter.......I'm sure some here will remember her.

What? April's not with Slyk Wagner Brown? Aw dammit, next you'll tell me Santa Claus ain't real.

Kiefer Sutherland should play Benoit. No good reason. I just think they look alike.

I always thought Kevin Weisman could play Chris Benoit.

Kiefer Sutherland should play Benoit. No good reason. I just think they look alike.

I always thought Kevin Weisman could play Chris Benoit.

Forget the look-alikes,thanks to

,we wouldn't need them!

DR. PHIL ASTIN MAY HAVE OVERPRESECRIBED MEDICATION TO JOHNNY GRUNGE

The Atlanta Journal Constitution and the local FOX 5 affiliate in Atlanta are reporting that Johnny Grunge's name has surfaced in their ongoing investigation related to Chris Benoit's family deaths. They report that Benoit's doctor, Phil Astin, may have over prescribed medication to Grunge before his death in February 2006. Grunge was linked to Benoit through their close friendship as neighbors, with Grunge regularly helping Benoit cope with Eddie Guerrero's death.

The AJC report includes a quote from the captain of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office drug task force, which was not involved in the investigation until Friday. "We were just pulled into the investigation today," Cpt. Mike Pruitt told the AJC late Friday night. "We still have to look at the toxicology reports and autopsy reports on his death, and that won't be before Monday."

The implication is that the toxicology report has been complete, but it has not been released to the public yet due to the ongoing investigation both the local and federal drug enforcement agencies.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fay...07metastin.html

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1

I don't know if this is terrible irony or the fact that someone at wwe.com isn't doing their job, but on the great american bash page from wwe.com, there's the following match advertised to watch on wwe 24/7:

Head first to the commode! The above classic quote was used during the 1996 Bash battle between Kevin Sullivan and Chris Benoit. You can watch the match as much as you want over a seven-day period for $1.49 on WWE 24/7 Online.