TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Saw Lanny Poffo on Fox news around the same time. He does a pretty good promo and said some intelligent things. But clean shaven he looks jus like JBL.

Debra was on again, nothing new from her.

Best part was they kept callin him Larry and he kept correcting them. Last week he was on and they called him Lenny Roffo and he yelled out MY NAME IS LANNY POFFO.

Awesome.

You can really tell why Cena is the Golden Boy after seeing that. Great in public and tows the company line extremely well.

Jericho has earned himself a nice raise and a big push with these appearances. Vince should be kissing the ground Jericho walks on right now.

You can really tell why Cena is the Golden Boy after seeing that. Great in public and tows the company line extremely well.

Jericho has earned himself a nice raise and a big push with these appearances. Vince should be kissing the ground Jericho walks on right now.

The trolls here probably hated this as well. He kept no-selling the old guy.

What do they ask her at this point? What is the point in booking her again?

She's willing to trash the business. That's what these people want.

What do they ask her at this point? What is the point in booking her again?

She's more than willing to say what the media wants to enforce about the business.......they want that guest, when someone like Nash goes on and says the things they don't want to hear and doesn't back up their point they cut him off.

The DVD boards Benoit thread has turned into the crusade against Vince and the WWE.........gotta love that.....

Nothing is better than lucha guy who hates WWE and doesn't watch it pining for the fall of the WWE. With such lovely posts as.......

I'm just curious... are the people who give the WWE the benefit of doubt on every new story that arises just new wrestling fans? I mean... anyone who has been following wrestling for more than a few years should know the people who run the promotion are scum, most wrestlers are scum and they'll do anything to keep living in their fantasy world which is why I assume everyone will react negatively to Congress trying to break through Vince's invisible barrier that seperates wrestling from the "real world".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince isn't the devil, he's just a really scummy individual who lives in his own fantasy world. The truth is the truth. It will come out that Vince knew and ordered the show to go on anyways. But by the time the truth comes out (probably in some Chavo RF shoot 2 years down the road), all the WWE apologists will be too busy marking out over the newest steroided-up monster being pushed to even remember the circumstances and give two shits about the way the situation was handled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say Vince is right up there with the scummiest people in the history of wrestling. He'd be my #1 but let's not turn this into a who is scummier thread. Vince is being talked about here b/c it relates to his charachter and whether or not he is capable of knowing what Benoit did and still going on with the show.

As for rape... yes, the limo thing. But also the entire ring boy scandal where Vince knew what was going on the entire time but did nothing to stop it even though he was the only person that could. Hell, ANYTHING that happens in the WWE, Vince knows about. You have to be quite the WWE apologist to say Vince couldn't have known that Bradshaw likes to torture referees or Vince had no clue that the Kliq was putting shit in people's food. Vince knows everything that goes on in his promotion and in most cases has no problem with it b/c he gets off on it.

It'll be great to see him finally squirm and maybe have his entire empire crumble if the media doesn't give up on the story.

Do I hate Vince? Perhaps. But what I really want to see here is Vince McMahon's monopoly of the wrestling industry to come to an end and even moreso, perhaps have Vince out of the business completely and have someone in charge who can clean things up. For all I know this could all be leading to someone even scummier replacing Vince as the guy who runs wrestling in 10-15 years. You gotta take that chance b/c you'd be hard-pressed to find a guy worse than Vince.

Now I wouldn't generally post anything like that but reading it, it was just so outlandish and made me shake my head.....

There are people so into lucha and Puro wrestling that they seriously want the WWE to be brought to an end and basically end wrestling in America? Cmon I can't believe there are really people like that out there, god forbid your little idea of wrestling isn't exactly what you want so bah Gawd Vince is the devil.

But...Vince *IS* pretty scummy.

Isn't it generally accepted that most everyone in wrestling is scummy?

I think it's pretty ridiculous to turn this into a crusade against Vince and the WWE by people who dislike his product.

I don't see the problem with those posts. If you're under the illusion that Vince is anything but a scummy businessman who is ultimately only looking out for himself, you're nuts.

Vince knows EVERYTHING that goes on in the company. It reminds me of the Entourage episode where Ari says to E..."You knew about the script before me? Do you think there's anything in this fucking world you know about that I don't know about?"

Whether it's right to "crusade" against the WWE (which I don't think is happening in those posts anyway) is another argument, but they're pretty much the only show in town and if the hammer comes down on the industry it's going to fall directly on the WWE and they could have prevented it years ago, so I'm really not going to feel sorry for Vince or the company.

You know, although it's doubtful, I really really hope the toxicology report comes back on Benoit showing he had no steroids and no drugs in his system. But the sad (and irritating) thing is that Nancy Grace and Hannity and all the others will just focus on something else, like brain trauma caused by too many headbutts or something. It can't be just cut and dry that Benoit was psycho.

Jericho's entire statement about caffeene and steroids tonight sums it up perfectly. I really wish Cena and others would continue to go on other shows and defend the product, at least against the roid rage thing--because steroids didn't cause this, even if Benoit was taking them. I'm sure they won't because they are more likely to be ambushed, cut off or made to look bad on Nancy Grace than on Larry King.

I agree that some sort of reform and change is needed, but I'm tired of seeing these washed up, bitter ex WWF wrestlers and ex-wives trashing the business as some circus sideshow with roided up monsters.

You know, although it's doubtful, I really really hope the toxicology report comes back on Benoit showing he had no steroids and no drugs in his system. But the sad (and irritating) thing is that Nancy Grace and Hannity and all the others will just focus on something else, like brain trauma caused by too many headbutts or something. It can't be just cut and dry that Benoit was psycho.

Jericho's entire statement about caffeene and steroids tonight sums it up perfectly. I really wish Cena and others would continue to go on other shows and defend the product, at least against the roid rage thing--because steroids didn't cause this, even if Benoit was taking them. I'm sure they won't because they are more likely to be ambushed, cut off or made to look bad on Nancy Grace than on Larry King.

I agree that some sort of reform and change is needed, but I'm tired of seeing these washed up, bitter ex WWF wrestlers and ex-wives trashing the business as some circus sideshow with roided up monsters.

You mean like Konnan saying Vince murders people and it's all his fault? I'm sure it's Vince's fault Konnan ate roids in Mexico for 20 years when he worked for the WWE as Max Moon for a very short period......yea Konnan it's all Vinces fault you're fucked up uh huh sure.

Oh also the Larry King inteview sucked according to them over there........

The King interview is coming across like a huge PR fest for WWE. It's immensely one-sided and they def should have tried to get Konnan on the show to have a different viewpoint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry King isn't exactly the type of host that looks for the truth anyhow. He just wants a puff piece so he's getting exactly that. There's a reason Paris Hilton chose him for her first interview. You just hand him the questions you wanted asked and he asks them.

Aside from seeing brain-dead Bret try to keep up with the conversation, it's been a horrible show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah it's pretty sad how much of a PR fest the King show is and the sad thing is if King would have had anyone on who was anti-WWE the smarks and WWE marks would just call them bitter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the show will get praise by most wrestling fans, but in my opinion, that Larry King Show was too ~Team WWE!

So it's a horrible show because it wasn't damning Vince and the WWE........man...what's with people?

I'm a WWE mark because god forbid I can tell that alot of the people talking shit have axes to grind......I thought that was being intelligent hey oh well.

Why do you hope that happens? Stuff like this is what really makes me laugh. You're so caught up in trying to protect your precious wrestling that you're coming up with anything you can to try to ignore what is really going on.

So if Benoit was not on anything, that means everything is fine and dandy? I'd rather see something be done to stop more guys from dying than hope and pray that Benoit wasn't on anything so that we can keep watching under the illusion that everything is A OK. Drugs and steroids are a major problem in this business and you'd have to be a fucking retard to think otherwise.

Why do you hope that happens? Stuff like this is what really makes me laugh. You're so caught up in trying to protect your precious wrestling that you're coming up with anything you can to try to ignore what is really going on.

So if Benoit was not on anything, that means everything is fine and dandy? I'd rather see something be done to stop more guys from dying than hope and pray that Benoit wasn't on anything so that we can keep watching under the illusion that everything is A OK. Drugs and steroids are a major problem in this business and you'd have to be a fucking retard to think otherwise.

Drugs are a problem everywhere.......I'd like to see your response to say the music industry or the acting field. It's like people are trying to blame Vince for the problems the industry has always had.

Just because he is the top dog doesn't mean that's his problem. That would be like trying to come down on the top money making label for what happens when a musician dies.

Some people are way to caught up in their hate of the WWE and Vince aswell........it goes both way yes some people want to protect wrestling but other people want to put the WWE out of business it's pretty ridiculous on both sides.

Drugs are a problem everywhere.......I'd like to see your response to say the music industry or the acting field. It's like people are trying to blame Vince for the problems the industry has always had.

Just because he is the top dog doesn't mean that's his problem. That would be like trying to come down on the top money making label for what happens when a musician dies.

Some people are way to caught up in their hate of the WWE and Vince aswell........it goes both way yes some people want to protect wrestling but other people want to put the WWE out of business it's pretty ridiculous on both sides.

What the fuck does that even mean? Are you honestly comparing actors/musicians to WWE employees? That is two completely different fields.

The fact that he is the top dog means that it is precisely his problem. Guys are dying under his watch. He runs the company and he owns everyone in it and as such, he has the power to put an end to any kind of drug/steroid/HGH abuse should he choose to.

You know what some people are too caught up in? Their blind defense of the WWE. No, all of the drug problems in wrestling aren't their fault, but guys are dying left and right and instead of admitting there's a problem, everyone is scurrying about looking for fucking dumb ass reasoning for why the industry is just fine.. "OH MAYBE DRUGZ WERENT INVOLVED SEE EVERYTHING IS OK WRESTLING IS FINE!1!".

Guys are going to keep dying unless changes are made. If you're OK with that then by all means, have fun watching.

Look....no one MAKES YOU take a bunch of drugs. If you decide that is the best way to make your career that is on you for doing it.

I like how it's Vince's fault some guy who worked for him 15 years ago OD'd in a hotel room.......Even if the steroids were cleaned up they'd still be dropping dead earlier than most people.....

You can't control guys who drink all the time.....and beating the shit out of yourself for 20 plus years isn't good for your long term health, hell NFL players don't live as long as regular people let's come down on the NFL also.

Wrestling in general is not good for your long term health in general.........

No one called for a congressional investigation with Hendrix/Joplin/Morrison all died in a year's span.

Or Kurt Cobain and the guy from Sublime (Brad Nowell?)

Or when Sid killed Nancy and then himself.

No one called for a congressional investigation with Hendrix/Joplin/Morrison all died in a year's span.

I basically brought this up.........now UZI can jump on you about how it isn't the same like he did me.

to me i dont see how Vince McMahon plays any sort of role in the Benoit situation, everyone is so willing to throw blame wherever it seems convienent when alot of us havent actually said regardless of what might be in his system what he did was wrong and should be judged for what he himself did

You don't really see actors and musicians dropping dead at the rate of professional wrestlers, however, the fact is, these guys are dying at younger ages than the average football player, and its not even that close

No, I agree the business is fucked up. Change is needed. I was talking more about the media and how they have put the blame on steroids since even before it was revealed they were found in the house (FOX News and MSNBC both had big headlines on their front page mentioning "Roid Rage" and "Steroids" on MONDAY night). They can't delve into the psychological aspect of it all, or actually do research on it (demoted to RAW?) because that's too complicated. So they keep beating the same drum over and over, hoping everyone will agree with them.

Man, I hate the fucking media. This is what you get with THREE (at least) 24 hour news channels.

Look....no one MAKES YOU take a bunch of drugs. If you decide that is the best way to make your career that is on you for doing it.

I like how it's Vince's fault some guy who worked for him 15 years ago OD'd in a hotel room.......Even if the steroids were cleaned up they'd still be dropping dead earlier than most people.....

You can't control guys who drink all the time.....and beating the shit out of yourself for 20 plus years isn't good for your long term health, hell NFL players don't live as long as regular people let's come down on the NFL also.

Wrestling in general is not good for your long term health in general.........

I would argue the WWE indirectly makes wrestlers take steroids. No, Vince isn't forcing them down your throat, but you know he likes to push guys that look like the Incredible Hulk so people are going to do roids to get that look, and then the non-roiding guy who is competing for a spot with those guys will see that and have no choice but to get on 'roids to keep up.

JOHNNY GRUNGE'S WIDOW SAYS DR. PHIL ASTIN IS A "DRUG DEALER"

Greta Van Susteren interviewed Pete Combs from WSB radio. He said Michael Durham (Johnny Grunge) was found to have drugs in his body at the time of his death last year that were prescribed by Dr. Astin apparently. Combs said investigators want to look more into his relationship with Dr. Astin. He said Durham's wife has a lot of "unhappy things to say about Dr. Astin." He said earlier this evening Grunge's widow said, "He's a drug dealer. He is no different than the guy who is down in the ghetto pushing drugs to little kids."

Van Susteren asked if there was a legitimate medical purpose for Durham getting the drugs. Combs said that's being looked into. He said soma bottles were empty near Durham's body when he was found dead.

Van Susteren interviewed John Oxendine, a Georgia Insurance Commissioner, who said they are looking into insurance fraud on the part of Astin, such as him filing fraudulent claims to have pills covered. He said they are looking for evidence to open a full-blown criminal investigation. He said they are going through insurance records right now and asking for companies to do computer searches for Astin's name. He said they have had some inquiries from citizens who have asked if they are looking into the situation. He said there is one source close to the situation that got them interested in further investigation based on what was said. Van Susteren asked if a doctor prescribes pills that aren't needed medically, is that a crime. The official said you have to lie on the prescription or supporting info for the prescription. The key is that there is a lie involved.

You don't really see actors and musicians dropping dead at the rate of professional wrestlers, however, the fact is, these guys are dying at younger ages than the average football player, and its not even that close

Most NFL players don't last in the league 20 years.......and they have an offseason.......You could argue that wrestling is tougher and more physically demanding than even the NFL is.

I basically brought this up.........now UZI can jump on you about how it isn't the same like he did me.

It's the same? Really? They are not even close to being in the same fucking stratosphere as each other.

It's the same? Really? They are not even close to being in the same fucking stratosphere as each other.

I think it's the point that it is NOT a fucking sport like the NFL or the MLB like some people seem to want to treat it as, I think it's a hell of alot closer to actors and music acts than it is a real sport.....

I think it's the point that it is NOT a fucking sport like the NFL or the MLB like some people seem to want to treat it as, I think it's a hell of alot closer to actors and music acts than it is a real sport.....

It's actually not. NFL is a company, MLB is a company, WWE is a company. There is a man in charge of all the employees. There are rules and regulations regarding these things in the contracts they sign that they are supposed to abide by. WWE is almost identical to pro sports.

Now compare that to music. How do you propose going about sanctioning the gigantic assload of artists signed to record deals in the USA? Or the millions of actors/actresses currently working in the film industry?

Hey believe it not.....the wrestling business doesn't begin and end with Vince McMahon and the WWE.

Vince doesn't control what goes on in numerous other countries...TNA or on any scumbag indy running out there...

What you said to me is highly naive it's like saying Vince McMahon controls all wrestling when that isn't even remotely true.

Vince needs to stay in seclusion for the next year. Average Joe is holding Vince responsible for this. I am not saying that is right or wrong, just the truth. Listen to the Jim Rome show, even local sports talk and they were all talking about how Vince is scum. Vince rides these guys until they are done takes them out back and shoots them. Vince fills them up with drugs. Vince is the most evil man in the world. It has all been said in the past two weeks.

Also, if you have WWE stock I would unload it asap. I do not see things getting any easier for them in the next few months. If these toxicology reports come back and Benoit was juiced to the gills then you know Congress is going to be involved sooner rather than later.