TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Look....no one MAKES YOU take a bunch of drugs. If you decide that is the best way to make your career that is on you for doing it.

I would argue the WWE indirectly makes wrestlers take steroids. No, Vince isn't forcing them down your throat, but you know he likes to push guys that look like the Incredible Hulk so people are going to do roids to get that look, and then the non-roiding guy who is competing for a spot with those guys will see that and have no choice but to get on 'roids to keep up.

Vince is the most powerful man in wrestling. Period. Nobody else pushed a roster full of bodybuilders before him. Yet EVERYBODY else pushes rosters full of bodybuilders now. He started the whole trend of conditioning the audience to expect giant mutant musclehead freaks whenever they hear the words "pro wrestling" (oops, "sports entertainment", my bad).

Look at TNA, for example. They've only had 3 world champions who weren't already known as WWE guys first (AJ Styles, Sting, Abyss). Hell, even old ECW felt the roid craze: or are you gonna try to tell me that Shane Douglas was all natural, and that his multiple injuries where a muscle ripped off the bone (commonly known as The Steroid Injury) were just coincedences?

Point is, steroids weren't nearly such a large part of wrestling before Vincent Kennedy McMahon took charge of things. Now, you almost can't have a career without them.

Well needless to say, Larry King was an enjoyable show tonight. It's nice that a serious and frank discussion without all the interrupting by the hosts finally took place and with different people besides mero and blackman. How on earth did he ever get booked this many times though?

I do not like Larry king for the most part because most of his shows are boring as hell and he lets his guests say anything without ever confronting them but on this night it was a good show, because of the quality of the guests. It's a shame though that Hannity and Colmes has like 2 or 3 times higher ratings than King does because a lot more people got exposed to more debra and poffo. Its clear that hannity and colmes have a certain agenda because they keep booking the same people, which either don't talk communicate very well or are strongly "anti wrestling".

Colmes and Hannity rarely agree on anything but they seem to have made a tag team for themselves on this issue.

Vince needs to stay in seclusion for the next year. Average Joe is holding Vince responsible for this. I am not saying that is right or wrong, just the truth. Listen to the Jim Rome show, even local sports talk and they were all talking about how Vince is scum. Vince rides these guys until they are done takes them out back and shoots them. Vince fills them up with drugs. Vince is the most evil man in the world. It has all been said in the past two weeks.

Also, if you have WWE stock I would unload it asap. I do not see things getting any easier for them in the next few months. If these toxicology reports come back and Benoit was juiced to the gills then you know Congress is going to be involved sooner rather than later.

This may rub some people the wrong way but am I honestly the only person who thinks congress desire to care about steroids is stupid? I thought the same thing about the baseball stuff too.......

We're in a dumb war where people die everyday, we have to worry about terrorism and they want to have hearings about steroids..good priorities guys.

I was about ready to say....rock stars doing drugs is historically par for the course. There really is no one forcing them to do that, it's just them doing it because they think it's cool or pick up habits while touring on the road, etc. Ditto actors who get into drugs or alcohol.

With wrestling there is a tangible company that the govt. can go after in terms of investigating. I do hope that while WWE takes this position that Benoit's outburst had little to do with steroids that they say this in public and privately make some changes in the company.

I do actually agree that King was a bit soft on these guys tonight. I laughed in particular at Cena's response to the question about WWE only wanting to push jacked up dudes. This while a Raw was going on that had Gene Snitsky featured.

Hey believe it not.....the wrestling business doesn't begin and end with Vince McMahon and the WWE.

Vince doesn't control what goes on in numerous other countries...TNA or on any scumbag indy running out there...

What you said to me is highly naive it's like saying Vince McMahon controls all wrestling when that isn't even remotely true.

If a bunch of football players start dying in their 40's, who do you think should be the one that should spearhead the change in drug/steroid policies? NFL or the Arena League? Don't be stupid. WWE is the main gig and it's really not even close. The "but, but, but.. everybody is doing it!" argument is fucking retarded.

If this all comes down the way it seems to be so far, with Benoit having drugs/steroids in his system then I think it can make a positive change for the future of wrestling and keep a lot of the guys you call your favorite wrestlers right now from being just another number on the long list of dead wrestlers before the age of 50 in five years.

If you'd rather ignore it and hope it all goes away then that's on you, but remember that a few years from now when we lose more and more wrestlers.

Reggie White died in his 40's where was the outcry against the NFL......oh wait there wasn't one.

People have this misconception that the NFL is a good place where no one is on steroids which I find laughable as well, you can take one look at a game and realize most of those guys are on something.

Perception is reality the NFL is perceived well pro wrestling is not that is the difference at the top of things.

Vince needs to stay in seclusion for the next year. Average Joe is holding Vince responsible for this. I am not saying that is right or wrong, just the truth. Listen to the Jim Rome show, even local sports talk and they were all talking about how Vince is scum. Vince rides these guys until they are done takes them out back and shoots them. Vince fills them up with drugs. Vince is the most evil man in the world. It has all been said in the past two weeks.

Also, if you have WWE stock I would unload it asap. I do not see things getting any easier for them in the next few months. If these toxicology reports come back and Benoit was juiced to the gills then you know Congress is going to be involved sooner rather than later.

This may rub some people the wrong way but am I honestly the only person who thinks congress desire to care about steroids is stupid? I thought the same thing about the baseball stuff too.......

We're in a dumb war where people die everyday, we have to worry about terrorism and they want to have hearings about steroids..good priorities guys.

I absolutely think its stupid. When they actually held hearings on this over fucking baseball, I just wanted to hit something. I mean really, all the problems this country has, they find the need to spend tax payer money on damn steroid hearings? Its motherfucking baseball for christ's sake. I could see it if they were dropping like flies like they are in wrestling but if some guy that hits a ball for a living shoots some steroids, is it really that big of a deal? Damn, you would think the stuff is worse than crack. I have always found all the attention it gets absurd, especially when you consider all the problems we face.

Reggie White died in his 40's where was the outcry against the NFL......oh wait there wasn't one.

People have this misconception that the NFL is a good place where no one is on steroids which I find laughable as well, you can take one look at a game and realize most of those guys are on something.

Perception is reality the NFL is perceived well pro wrestling is not that is the difference at the top of things.

Reggie White died of fucking sleep apnea dude. A disease that millions of non-steroid using humans suffer from.

I don't think there's a misconception about the NFL. When was the last time the NFL had to cancel a game to hold a tribute because a team's Quarterback died the day before because of an enlarged heart or damaged kidneys or something? Where are all the NFL players dying in their 40's from all the drugs they're supposedly abusing?

You're once again trying to deflect blame from the WWE and I don't get it. What are you trying to say? WWE shouldn't have to clean up until everyone else does? Do you want to continue seeing wrestlers die at a young age because of this shit? I guess as long as YA GET TA KEEP SEEIN YUR RASSLIN EVERY MONDAY, everything is just fine.

Jericho is well spoken but I feel sometimes too biased. He is obviously keeping his doors open and doesnt want to burn any bridges. I wouldnt be surprised if he is currently working on a deal with the WWE.

I don't think there's much doubt that Jericho is in talks with WWE right now. I liked Cena's reaction to Jericho's response to being asked if he's coming back.

In an interview with the Baltimore Sun, he says that he's getting ready to return full time to wrestling. Though, he makes it seem like he's swerving people by saying it might be in TNA... yeah right.

An outcry against sleep apnea?

An outcry against sleep apnea?

On Nancy Grace's show they were talking about Johnny Grunges death and he had sleep apnea and they acted like saying he possibly died from that made you a moron....just sayin.

Like I said the NFL players get an off season that wrestlers don't. If football players were asked to go nearly as often as wrestlers they'd be dropping like flies too.

I believe there is a high level of athletes using performance enhancing drugs in all sports it's just much more magnified in wrestling because there is no off season.

Even if you do something with the steroids I'm not exactly sure how much it is going to help......these guys wrestle for 20+ years and partake in a very difficult lifestyle and then go to excesses that don't involve steroids. You can't put regulation on a guy drinking, guys taking painkillers, there's a hell of a lot more to this wrestlers dying young and steroids.....there's more to it than 1 word.

Well needless to say, Larry King was an enjoyable show tonight. It's nice that a serious and frank discussion without all the interrupting by the hosts finally took place and with different people besides mero and blackman. How on earth did he ever get booked this many times though?

I do not like Larry king for the most part because most of his shows are boring as hell and he lets his guests say anything without ever confronting them but on this night it was a good show, because of the quality of the guests. It's a shame though that Hannity and Colmes has like 2 or 3 times higher ratings than King does because a lot more people got exposed to more debra and poffo. Its clear that hannity and colmes have a certain agenda because they keep booking the same people, which either don't talk communicate very well or are strongly "anti wrestling".

Colmes and Hannity rarely agree on anything but they seem to have made a tag team for themselves on this issue.

Well what do you expect from a cable channel like FAUX News? They will always have an agenda.

By the way it is possible to make a career in wrestling without shoving a needle in your ass. I'm pretty sure guys like Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki had/have pretty gainful employment with the WWE and I highly doubt they juice.

Are they maineventers no, but you can make it to the big show without looking like a monster and make good money doing it.

Of course generally the guys with the best bodies will mainevent but this idea that you "HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS" to be in the WWE in general is also being overblown it goes in the middle somewhere.

Also, please PLEASE remember that steroids aren't just about looks. I'd say literally half their use to wrestlers is in its healing powers. And I almost really do mean POWERS~!. Anyone here ever used any sort of prescription-strength steroid for medicinal purposes? That shit can turn your immune system to X-Men speed in no time.

I'm pretty sure guys like Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki had/have pretty gainful employment with the WWE and I highly doubt they juice.

How do you know? You tested them yourself?

Everyone from New Jack to Sandman to fucking Tammy Sytch has heavily roided at some point or another. You can't say "this person's not using" just by looking at them.

Of course generally the guys with the best bodies will mainevent but this idea that you "HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS" to be in the WWE in general is also being overblown it goes in the middle somewhere.

LOL

How is it overblown? Hey, Vince isn't shoving it down their throats, but it's like Konnan said - there's very few big time spots available and if you know that you need to have a certain look to get there, you'll take whatever you need to. It's what I said before - these guys are indirectly being forced to juice.

You know, although it's doubtful, I really really hope the toxicology report comes back on Benoit showing he had no steroids and no drugs in his system. But the sad (and irritating) thing is that Nancy Grace and Hannity and all the others will just focus on something else, like brain trauma caused by too many headbutts or something. It can't be just cut and dry that Benoit was psycho.

Why do you hope that happens? Stuff like this is what really makes me laugh. You're so caught up in trying to protect your precious wrestling that you're coming up with anything you can to try to ignore what is really going on.

So if Benoit was not on anything, that means everything is fine and dandy? I'd rather see something be done to stop more guys from dying than hope and pray that Benoit wasn't on anything so that we can keep watching under the illusion that everything is A OK. Drugs and steroids are a major problem in this business and you'd have to be a fucking retard to think otherwise.

Drugs are a problem everywhere.......I'd like to see your response to say the music industry or the acting field. It's like people are trying to blame Vince for the problems the industry has always had.

Just because he is the top dog doesn't mean that's his problem. That would be like trying to come down on the top money making label for what happens when a musician dies.

Some people are way to caught up in their hate of the WWE and Vince aswell........it goes both way yes some people want to protect wrestling but other people want to put the WWE out of business it's pretty ridiculous on both sides.

What the fuck does that even mean? Are you honestly comparing actors/musicians to WWE employees? That is two completely different fields.

The fact that he is the top dog means that it is precisely his problem. Guys are dying under his watch. He runs the company and he owns everyone in it and as such, he has the power to put an end to any kind of drug/steroid/HGH abuse should he choose to.

You know what some people are too caught up in? Their blind defense of the WWE. No, all of the drug problems in wrestling aren't their fault, but guys are dying left and right and instead of admitting there's a problem, everyone is scurrying about looking for fucking dumb ass reasoning for why the industry is just fine.. "OH MAYBE DRUGZ WERENT INVOLVED SEE EVERYTHING IS OK WRESTLING IS FINE!1!".

Guys are going to keep dying unless changes are made. If you're OK with that then by all means, have fun watching.

The thing is very few of these people actually died under Vince's watch. Rick McGraw, Owen Hart, Russ Haas, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit were the only ones under WWE contract at the time of their deaths. Guys on that list like Hercules Hernandez, Rick Rude, Road Warrior Hawk and Mr. Perfect were probably on roids before they ever got called up to the WWF. Ditto for Benoit and Eddie who bulked up in WCW and continued bulking up after they had already secured their WWF spot. Vince had nothing to do with Mr. Perfect waking up in the morning and doing a line of coke. Rick Rude took GHB for his own reasons. Chris Benoit, Kerry Von Erich and Mike Awesome killed themselves for their own reasons. Names that you are seeing floating around on these 'dead wrestler lists' like Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams and Art Barr never had anything to do with Vince McMahon or steroids. Guys like Bossman, Earthquake, Yokozuna and Andre were obese and had other health problems. It's also funny when they list murders like Dino Bravo and Bruiser Brody or accidents like Joey Marella, JYD, Owen and Adrian Adonis.

It's not defending Vince. He has the power to make the lives of these guys better. If you are going to monitor their drug usage he should also give them health insurance, have different touring groups throughout the year and some sort of pension. The way I see it - if you are a wrestler and you make it to the big show - even if it's just for a cup of coffee, you should be taken care of for life. VINCE NEEDS TO DO THIS. Hell, I think the talent right now, should get together and strike if they don't get this treatment. Now is the time to do it with the media spotlight. But they won't because they've never been able to get together on that issue. What would the company do if the wrestlers showed up for a Raw/Smackdown super taping and threatened to not work unless their demands were met? And what would the company do when the media got a hold of THAT story?

Where my issue is the fact that everyone is screaming for a change to save lives. The schedule is already lighter than it was in the 80's. The backstage environment is almost corporate according to Ted Dibiase, not the rock n roll partying lifestyle that they lived in the 80's and 90's. The agents, the dress code, etc. It was all done for a reason. Many of the younger guys like Edge, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Elijah Burke and Johnny Nitro are pretty much considered nerds. I remember reading about Hulk Hogan being shocked that nobody went out for a beers and instead played video games. The deaths that we are seeing are from another era. I do take exception to the fact that they should have learned with Eddie's death. They should've realized that they had a generation of younger guys influenced by HBK, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit and Eddie and that size needed to be phased out. They didn't and even in Benoit's death and the steroid scrutiny, it's so discouraging to see Snitsky on Raw or Lashley main eventing (although they both look smaller).

I don't even believe every current WWE maineventer is juicing........I can name atleast 3.

Hell, I think the talent right now, should get together and strike if they don't get this treatment. Now is the time to do it with the media spotlight. But they won't because they've never been able to get together on that issue. What would the company do if the wrestlers showed up for a Raw/Smackdown super taping and threatened to not work unless their demands were met? And what would the company do when the media got a hold of THAT story?

For every 1 wrestler willing to do that there'd be 10 guys lined up to take his spot and see it as their chance, that's why union talk in wrestling is just so far off. Wrestlers don't care about each other they think about how they can get rid of another guy so they can get chance.

I bet tons of guys wish some guys would do that so they could take their spots, wrestlers are far to cut throat to ever stand together like that on anything.

Shoichi Funaki has only had the job he's had for so long because he's a good friend of Shawn Michaels.

Shoichi Funaki has only had the job he's had for so long because he's a good friend of Shawn Michaels.

This is likely true.........you can take one look at Shawn and know he hasn't been on any juice in a long ass time either.

I'm pretty sure guys like Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki had/have pretty gainful employment with the WWE and I highly doubt they juice.

Everyone from New Jack to Sandman to fucking Tammy Sytch has heavily roided at some point or another. You can't say "this person's not using" just by looking at them.

Proof in that Gregory "Ducklegs" Helms was named on that doctors list of people taking HGH a few months back that was all the rage. I don't look at Helms and think prototypical roid user.

Proof in that Gregory "Ducklegs" Helms was named on that doctors list of people taking HGH a few months back that was all the rage. I don't look at Helms and think prototypical roid user.

Well Edge was named also and he is quite noticeably smaller.........I don't think Edge has been on roids in quite awhile. go back and look when he won that MITB at mania compared to now he's much smaller.

Or when Jamie Noble got fired for the roid needle in his ass

You know, although it's doubtful, I really really hope the toxicology report comes back on Benoit showing he had no steroids and no drugs in his system. But the sad (and irritating) thing is that Nancy Grace and Hannity and all the others will just focus on something else, like brain trauma caused by too many headbutts or something. It can't be just cut and dry that Benoit was psycho.

Why do you hope that happens? Stuff like this is what really makes me laugh. You're so caught up in trying to protect your precious wrestling that you're coming up with anything you can to try to ignore what is really going on.

So if Benoit was not on anything, that means everything is fine and dandy? I'd rather see something be done to stop more guys from dying than hope and pray that Benoit wasn't on anything so that we can keep watching under the illusion that everything is A OK. Drugs and steroids are a major problem in this business and you'd have to be a fucking retard to think otherwise.

Drugs are a problem everywhere.......I'd like to see your response to say the music industry or the acting field. It's like people are trying to blame Vince for the problems the industry has always had.

Just because he is the top dog doesn't mean that's his problem. That would be like trying to come down on the top money making label for what happens when a musician dies.

Some people are way to caught up in their hate of the WWE and Vince aswell........it goes both way yes some people want to protect wrestling but other people want to put the WWE out of business it's pretty ridiculous on both sides.

What the fuck does that even mean? Are you honestly comparing actors/musicians to WWE employees? That is two completely different fields.

The fact that he is the top dog means that it is precisely his problem. Guys are dying under his watch. He runs the company and he owns everyone in it and as such, he has the power to put an end to any kind of drug/steroid/HGH abuse should he choose to.

You know what some people are too caught up in? Their blind defense of the WWE. No, all of the drug problems in wrestling aren't their fault, but guys are dying left and right and instead of admitting there's a problem, everyone is scurrying about looking for fucking dumb ass reasoning for why the industry is just fine.. "OH MAYBE DRUGZ WERENT INVOLVED SEE EVERYTHING IS OK WRESTLING IS FINE!1!".

Guys are going to keep dying unless changes are made. If you're OK with that then by all means, have fun watching.

The thing is very few of these people actually died under Vince's watch.

Vince isn't at fault for all of the deaths, but because the guy wasn't under contract at the time of his death doesn't mean that Vince is absolved of all blame. For many of the guys on that list, the drugs and shit that they messed their bodies up with happened while they were on the road with the WWF/E. It's like, a guy buys heroin from the same drug dealer for 5 years, then switches to a different drug dealer and dies a month later. Even if he wasn't going to the first guy anymore, he still holds the majority of the blame because he gave him the stuff that helped deteriorate his body. I'm not calling Vince a drug dealer, but the point is, a lot of it is happening under his watch.

I don't even believe every current WWE maineventer is juicing........I can name atleast 3.

The truth is nobody knows who is and who isn't. I'd feel better knowing that nobody did.

Or when Jamie Noble got fired for the roid needle in his ass

Noble didn't shock me because even though being small he has an extremely cut up roid esq look like Mysterio.

To name some featured guys I don't think are on roids in the WWE right now I'd say Edge, HBK, Cena, Matt Hardy.......there are probably some others that aren't coming to mind.....oh Jeff Hardy. I think it is possible to get pushed without roids.

Yeah, Cena definitely doesn't juice. Good call! :unsure:

Do you know anything about the guy? He was an amateur bodybuilder and use to be much bigger than he is now.....also he's in a documentary and he's eating like 18lbs of steak a week to keep his body...

Not to mention he gives guys shit in the locker room about using roids........Lance Storm has discussed it before.