TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

--Bret Hart will be a guest Monday on Larry King, which will be the latest show to get into the Chris Benoit story.

Credit: WO

At least Larry King allows his guest to speak. I wish he'd get Jericho and Konnan on there as well.

Can we close this thread now, the story is pretty much done and dusted now, no use dwelling on it.

As someone else already said, if you don't like it or care about it anymore, don't click on the thread. It's really not that hard.

FORMER WCW VALET "MIDNIGHT" WEIGHS IN ON CHRIS BENOIT

Performing as a valet under the name Midnight, AnnMarie Crooks worked for one year in World Championship Wrestling at the same time as Chris Benoit. Now a real-estate agent and owner of a "mid-century furnishing and accessories store" in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla. area, Crooks recently sent an email with her thoughts on the Benoit murder-suicide. Here are her thoughts:

"Professional wrestling does not control my life, so I can say what I want unlike others who fear of losing their jobs.

"I knew Chris for about a year and this is not in the man's character at all. Most wrestlers I knew were cocky, womanizing, etc. He was a true worker. He was low-key, soft-spoken and just a nice guy."

"All this media speculation about 'roid rage is crap. How about just plain old 'Fed up with WWE' rage? I am not saying he wasn't using steroids. I don't know and frankly don't care. It is insignificant, in my opinion, to what caused Chris to do what he did.

"The media is always so quick to start drawing conclusions before the whole story is known. They don't know how these wrestlers live for this job, how so many can't leave because they don't know how to live outside of the public's eye or can't ever move on because they don't have any other skills. How these promoters own them, manipulate them and control their destinies through storylines that sometimes involve their personal lives off-stage!

"Why do you think old wrestlers like Ric Flair won't just retire and accept his age and limitations? It's not for the money! He has more than enough, a successful gym, and other business enterprises. It's part of the wrestler mentality. I know of what I speak.

"Who knows what was going on behind the scenes with WWE and Chris? I know how quickly [promotions] can change your life, income and destroy dreams. I also know of several other ex-wrestlers who are hooked on drugs, doing anything to make ends meet and just plain unhappy. They couldn't accept the end of that lifestyle and career. I can't help but wonder what actions and/or conversations within WWE involving Chris caused this?

"I consider myself lucky for being released long before I sunk to the levels necessary to play the game and hang on to your contract. I thank God and my family for the strength to move on and to have the ambition to find new doorways of opportunities and new business ventures.

"When lesser known wrestlers pass away, we never hear about it; but now it's just too much. Eddie Guerrero was the beginning of the doors to the lies and secret of this business opening. And now we must add Chris Benoit's name to what I am sure will be an ever-growing list of wrestlers who die before their time. I am disgusted that yet another wrestler and human being was so overwhelmed with life and issues that he felt he couldn't control, that he felt this was the only way to a solution.

"I am deeply saddened by this tragedy. WWE's claim that he just tested clean on his last test … All I can say to that is spare me your media-ready statements.

"I can't speak for WWE's drug-testing policies. But I know when I was in WCW, they passed who the hell they wanted to pass and failed who they want to fail. It's all politics, just like the sport itself.

"I think there is much more behind this story that led him to snap. And from my brief and disgusting stint in the professional wrestling biz, I am sure Vince McMahon knows what caused this to happen. I hope he will find it in his heart to look past the money he makes off these wrestlers and do the right thing. He was so quick to air a special memorial show to Chris – let's see how quick he is in changing protocol and telling the FACTS and the TRUTH, because its only then will things begin to change.

"Lies beget lies; the truth can change things! This whole thing stinks of a cover-up of the entire truth – to save WWE being connected with this in any way. But it's like the postal worker who comes back with the loaded gun and kills everyone in the building … Incredible frustration and stress from a job spiraling out of control.

"Every action has a reaction, and though WWE is not to blame for the decisions Chris made, if they were catalysts – stand up and state so!"

Who is Midnight?

Seriously, I get what she's trying to do here. But this really comes off as just another dig at WWE. In one sentence she blasts them for their media-ready statements about Benoit passing his test.. but then she goes on in the next sentence to say she can't speak for WWE's drug testing policies.

I also love that she's so sure that it must have been something backstage in WWE that caused him to snap. She says that WWE were the catalyst for Benoit snapping. As if. He didn't work there his entire career did he? I'd say if you're going to blame anything wrestling related as a catalyst, then how about just blaming the business as a whole?

Thanks for chiming in there, Midnight. Valet for one year in WCW. Expert on the wrestling business.

Can we close this thread now, the story is pretty much done and dusted now, no use dwelling on it.

It's the main cover story of the next People magazine. It's not going away at all. Here's the posted excerpt.

COVER STORY: Chris Benoit's Family Secrets

THURSDAY JULY 05, 2007 12:35 PM EDT

As the search for a motive intensifies in the case of Chris Benoit, this week's PEOPLE goes into the home life of the WWE superstar who killed his wife, Nancy, his 7-year-old son and himself.

Friends searching for clues to what went wrong have focused on Benoit's relationship with Nancy Benoit, 43, who often complained she felt like a single mother because of her husband's constant touring.

Former neighbor Melissa Coppage recalls asking Nancy recently if she had any vacation plans. "She said, 'No, it's all wrestling, all the time.' "

But several of Benoit's friends describe the 40-year-old as a devoted father and husband – who, apparently at Nancy's request last year, took a four-month leave from work to be with her while she recovered from surgery.

"He wasn't a monster," Benoit's friend and former wrestler Dean Malenko tells PEOPLE. "We're talking about a guy who, a month ago, was in Jacksonville and rather than drive down to Orlando, where he needed to be the next day, he took a flight to be home with [his son] Daniel."

In 2003, Nancy filed for divorce from Benoit, saying he had threatened her. But the couple then reconciled.

Questions about the health of the couple's son, Daniel, also remain central to the mystery. Two days after the bodies were discovered, the WWE suggested through its attorney that the boy may have suffered from a medical condition known as Fragile X syndrome, a form of retardation often accompanied by autism.

But the child's maternal grandparents, speaking through their lawyer, said Daniel had "no health problems that they could discern," and investigators subsequently said the boy's medical records showed no evidence of any serious illness.

Still, the pro-wrestling organization, through its attorney Jerry McDevitt, insists the boy's health was an issue and "a source of tension in the relationship between Chris and Nancy."

If it weren't for the fact that Chris called people after he had killed his family and lied about taking his son to the hospital and all that crap, it really would look like Nancy did it.

I mean, her friend Sherri dies, she complains about being a single mother and having all the responsibility because Chris is on the road all the time to friends.

I mean its obvious she didn't do it so I am happy he made those calls. Otherwise you would see her being drug through the mud as being the possible kid killer.

Guest christophemagnifique

As someone else already said, if you don't like it or care about it anymore, don't click on the thread. It's really not that hard.

There's a whole lot of reason this thread is still going.

I think there's three groups of people out there. The people who are ready to damn Benoit to hell, to slag him off and kill his memory and legacy. The people who say it's a fit-up, that Kevin Sullivan did it, that Nacy did it, that Vince did it or whatever. Then there's a whole lot of people who are still in shock. They believe it but they don't want to. They hate the idea that one of the greatest workers of them all, a man who stood for all kinds of good in the fucked-up business that is professional wrestling, died a murderer.

I'm in the latter group and I keep looking at all the forums and all the news stories, because I'm hoping something will come out. Deep down, I think I know it won't. I don't even know what the fuck toxicological reports even are, yet a tiny part of me hopes they'll exonerate Benoit. I know they won't.

I watched the Eddie tribute today. Benoit wasn't acting (his promos showed he couldn't act). It was fucked up.

This thread is still going because people don't know what to think.

I mean seriously though. People should stop talking about arguably the biggest story in the history of professional wrestling a week later so we can talk about who should get a push next week. Sure, extremely popular wrestler and his family are dead, but fuck that son, is Boogy Man gonna eat worms this week is the question on everyones mind.

If it weren't for the fact that Chris called people after he had killed his family and lied about taking his son to the hospital and all that crap, it really would look like Nancy did it.

I mean, her friend Sherri dies, she complains about being a single mother and having all the responsibility because Chris is on the road all the time to friends.

I mean its obvious she didn't do it so I am happy he made those calls. Otherwise you would see her being drug through the mud as being the possible kid killer.

I have to disagree only because according to reports it was obvious Nancy died first due to the degree of decomposition.

There's a whole lot of reason this thread is still going.

I think there's three groups of people out there. The people who are ready to damn Benoit to hell, to slag him off and kill his memory and legacy. The people who say it's a fit-up, that Kevin Sullivan did it, that Nacy did it, that Vince did it or whatever. Then there's a whole lot of people who are still in shock. They believe it but they don't want to. They hate the idea that one of the greatest workers of them all, a man who stood for all kinds of good in the fucked-up business that is professional wrestling, died a murderer.

I'm in the latter group and I keep looking at all the forums and all the news stories, because I'm hoping something will come out. Deep down, I think I know it won't. I don't even know what the fuck toxicological reports even are, yet a tiny part of me hopes they'll exonerate Benoit. I know they won't.

I watched the Eddie tribute today. Benoit wasn't acting (his promos showed he couldn't act). It was fucked up.

This thread is still going because people don't know what to think.

Good post.

No one's really arguing much, it's mostly just posting and discussing the news as it unfolds.

Why are you reading this thread? Shouldn't you be bumping up old threads or whatever you do here?

Everyday, a new detail comes out about this story or events relating to the deaths. It's very much a relevant topic and it'll remain one for awhile, especially, in correlation to the aftermath that may or may not emerge within the business.

Yes, because she was totally capable of strangling herself with a TV cable while her wrists and ankles are tied together with duct tape.

Perfection basically Toxicology reports reveal if someone had something in their system like medication, drugs, booze, etc....

they were arguing whether or not Steve took roids.

Maxim has an article called "They Shouldn't Be Alive" featuring wrestlers they think should have died already due to their lifestyle, with odds on them making it to 2008. Below are a few wrestlers whom they mention:

The Ultimate Warrior

Odds that he'll die before 2008: 20 to 1

Why he should be dead: For the better part of the late '90s, we actually thought the Warrior (his legal name since 1993) was dead. His disappearance from the ring sparked countless rumors of his demise, but the man once known as Jim "Justice" Hellwig is still alive and delivering rant-filled speeches to directionless college kids all over the country. The clip proves his brain is mostly dead, so his (probably) steroid-riddled body can't be far behind.

How he'll die: Years spent screaming at the top of his lungs and tying off his joints to make his veins pop result in an explosive brain aneurysm during one of The Warrior's tirades.

The Iron Sheik

Odds that he'll die before 2008: 5 to 1

Why he should be dead: As Howard Stern fans already know, the Sheik has a bit of a drinking problem, along with a volatile temper that makes Ron Artest look like John Stockton…in short shorts. Plus, we're pretty sure there's nothing but tumors underneath that mustache.

How he'll die: We're guessing bear attack. It's a long shot, but given the unlikely circumstances that have taken the lives of other professional wrestlers, it's not entirely unreasonable.

Ric Flair

Odds that he'll die before 2008: 8 to 1

Why he should be dead: We were shocked to find out that Nature Boy was born in 1949 rather than the late 1800s. It's obvious that he still has all the style and charisma that made him a legend, but he's also spent more time in the sun than the pyramids. Skin isn't supposed to be bright orange, unless it's on top of a delicious bowl of macaroni and cheese.

How he'll die: Flair will tragically choke to death in a feather boa accident. During the autopsy, doctors will find that his skin was replaced with that of a beanbag around 1989.

Dusty Rhodes

Odds that he'll die before 2008: 10 to 1

Why he should be dead: Even when Dusty was in his prime, his man boobs suggested that the American Dream spent as much time with Bit-O-Honeys as he did with barbells. Now that he has no reason to exercise, he has a regular seat in every rib joint south of Delaware.

How he'll die: Can you overdose on barbecue sauce? If anyone can find out, it'll be Dusty.

You can read the full article at Maxim's official website.

Ric Flair

Odds that he'll die before 2008: 8 to 1

Why he should be dead: We were shocked to find out that Nature Boy was born in 1949 rather than the late 1800s. It's obvious that he still has all the style and charisma that made him a legend, but he's also spent more time in the sun than the pyramids. Skin isn't supposed to be bright orange, unless it's on top of a delicious bowl of macaroni and cheese.

How he'll die: Flair will tragically choke to death in a feather boa accident. During the autopsy, doctors will find that his skin was replaced with that of a beanbag around 1989.

lmao...by far the best one.

I've had enough of Mero he looks like a tranny these days. It's the wrestling business fault he got bad plastic surgery and now looks like some sort of thing.

I'd like to see them talk about something about the case other than steroids,k it's like a broken record.

I havn't really been keeping up with this story as much as I probably should, but I heard some speculation on a local radio show that it is possible that Nancy killed her son because I guess there were some conflicts with the TOD's that the lab figured out?

Maybe I'm completely wrong. I just thought I'd bring it up to see what exactly was going on. What if Benoit killed Nancy out of rage/revenge for killing their only son?

That can't be right for Dusty Rhodes. It says that he is 41. He is at least 51 right?

Of course it's wrong, Dusty is like 61 or so. Hell, he has a son who is 41 himself. Not only is that article in bad taste with everything going on, but it was also done by morons.

EDIT:

Well, it looks like they've changed Dusty's age to 62, but even that isn't right since he is 61, and doesn't turn 62 until later this year.