TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

So I couldnt sleep and popped in the Raw show this year with the draft and the McMahon death angle and got to Benoit-Lashley from that show. The match itself was hard to watch, seeing 1) all of the head bumps Benoit was taking without protection and 2) obvious reasons, same as why I can hardly watch any Benoit match now. But what really got me was after the match, when Benoit gets drafted to ECW. Immediately the music hits -"Let the bodies hit the floor" and although completely unintentional, they then show Benoit with a shit grin on his face. Freaked me the fuck out!

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision. It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter. Sounds like a jilted ex with a bastard daughter trying to cop some money from her ex's fortune. Considering Chris had dual citizenship her claim she wouldn't have got alimony if it were proven she was his daughter is bullshit. Funny she waited until he was buried to try cop a claim. What a fucking joke. They should both be ashamed of themselves for trying to profit from a tragedy.

Yeah, she should be ashamed of herself for raising a child alone while Chris was a millionare. (if the story is true).

And they can test for paternity, and probably will.

Someone please explain to me why, if this is his child, she shouldn't be able to get some money out of this situation?

I'm not discrediting her work as a single parent, merely the credibility of her claim.

They could test for paternity... but why not before? She missed out on years of money when he was alive to dispute the legitimacy of her claims.

By the same token a father may deny money to a son that disappointed him, Benoit's money need not go to someone he chose not to list in his will.

Benoit had two wills. One he registered more recently which may be discounted, true, but he had a pre-exisiting will.

No, he didn't have a will, he had life insurance policies.

Yes, Benoit did have two other kids but he paid alimony for them.

Whoosh.

My point is that you can test for paternity using Benoit's other kids.

If Benoit chose to not give her anything in his will, that's his decision. It's not like they can have a paternity test now he's dead to prove she is his actual daughter. Sounds like a jilted ex with a bastard daughter trying to cop some money from her ex's fortune. Considering Chris had dual citizenship her claim she wouldn't have got alimony if it were proven she was his daughter is bullshit. Funny she waited until he was buried to try cop a claim. What a fucking joke. They should both be ashamed of themselves for trying to profit from a tragedy.

Yeah, she should be ashamed of herself for raising a child alone while Chris was a millionare. (if the story is true).

And they can test for paternity, and probably will.

Someone please explain to me why, if this is his child, she shouldn't be able to get some money out of this situation?

I'm not discrediting her work as a single parent, merely the credibility of her claim.

They could test for paternity... but why not before? She missed out on years of money when he was alive to dispute the legitimacy of her claims.

By the same token a father may deny money to a son that disappointed him, Benoit's money need not go to someone he chose not to list in his will.

Why not ask before? because it is common.

If the guy abandoned his child, there are two avenues. Either the woman chases him down to get child support, or they say fuck him, if he didn't want anything to do with childs life, fuck him right in the eye. Its like that story with Jalen Rose and his father who he never met who was a NBA player when Jalen and his mom were sleeping with no heat in Detroit. Some people go the route of "If he didn't want anything to do with me or my child then I don't need him". Pride mostly.

But the fact is, if this is his daughter, she deserves a cut of the pie just as much as any other child because she did just as much as they did to deserve it. Paternity could be easily proven and if anyone had a problem with her getting some money if she was his daughter, I don't see how they would be being anything less than a asshole.

After watching some Benoit and some Guererro matches, who do you think is the better FACE?

I'd say Guerrero was more of a face since he never murdered his family.

I'm sorry.

Everybody arguing that Benoit was basically a good guy with a heart of gold, and the murders only happened because he suffered some sort of mental breakdown at the end of his life, need to explain how he left his daughter destitute for all those years while he was a millionaire.

Everybody arguing that Benoit was basically a good guy with a heart of gold, and the murders only happened because he suffered some sort of mental breakdown at the end of his life, need to explain how he left his daughter destitute for all those years while he was a millionaire.

People are saying he is normally not a child murdering wife strangling psycho and a mental breakdown at the end of his life caused that.

Remember because of the concussions, dementia, and early onset Alzheimer's, he couldn't remember having more than one child.

I'd wait for a paternity test before rushing to judgment.

I'm sure he could remember his other kids. I've heard nothing to indicate he couldn't.

And, remember, he knew about her in 2004 when she went to see him at an autograph signing. It wasn't like she was a stranger, he knew who she was.

It's possible he wasn't interested in handing money to an "illegitimate child of his" without proof. I don't know the mother's sexual history or anything, but isn't it possible she'd just rather say "Yeah, you're Chris Benoit's daughter" rather than take the test and risk having to tell her "Sorry, I've no clue who your father is" if it comes back negative? Before this incident we all would have considered Benoit a great father figure.

But he had 5 star classics! Anyone who won the Wrestling Observer's Best Technical Wrestler award FIVE times can't be a bad person. He just snapped, that's all. Much like Sean Shannon once said of Jose Gonzales, who he thought was named Victor Quinones, the murder was just a one-time thing. Well, a two-time thing in Benoit's case, but you know what I mean. Shit happens, OK?

No, he had brain damage! He had no idea what he was doing at the time! He was fairly competent when he was being tossed around a ring and tossing others around a ring, but he had no idea what he was doing in his personal life! It completely absolves him of guilt.

Note: my friends and I put on Friday Night Smackdown last night and it was the gayest fucking shit ever. For real.

Why are you so sure she's on the level? Doesn't it strike you as odd that she comes forth after the fact, and that National Enquirer is the only place reporting it so far? Plus the story of how they met sounds like something you'd find on Snopes.com or something, some generic glurge going around.

And to rephrase my "white trash" comment...I don't think she looks a damn thing like Benoit. The only resemblance I see is to her mom, and honestly it's in the weight.

To be honest, if WWE, TNA, and all the big indy's were to ban chairshots to the head and tone down the violence, I'd start watching a whole lot more Big Japan deathmatches.

You don't get that level of real violence in boxing, or MMA, or movies, and yes, it is part of the appeal. If that makes me a sicko, I don't really give a damn.

The Rock is actually openly talking about Benoit on Jim Rome while promoting his new movie. He just said the usual "I couldn't believe it, he was a great guy" routine. I was shocked he openly talked about wrestling, much less Benoit.

The murders will rightfully be what he is most known for. His wrestling performances mean shit, just the same as OJ Simpson's stellar career is irrelevant. We still have zero proof the murders occurred because of the brain damage he suffered. He still snapped and murdered his wife and son as well as himself. That won't be forgotten or justified because he also happened to have significant damage to his brain.

Well, to me, when I watch his matches I will just cringe at ever chair shot and every headbutt because I know that is what most likely lead to his insanity.

He will be remembered as the killer to most because, well that is the most imfamous thing he did in his life.

I watched a Benoit vs Liger match a few days ago, and felt nothing. Am I the only one who can watch a Benoit match and not feel guilt, anxiety, anything?

I can.

I feel awkward, but I can watch a Benoit match. Usually within 5 minutes or so I focus on the wrestling and can get through it easily.

I haven't watched Hard Knocks yet, though. I could probably get through it if I tried.

However, I popped in Raw is Owen a couple of days ago and completely lost it during the first segment. Now my sadness has more to do with the fact that he was a completely drug free family man, a rarity in wrestling anymore--and he's gone. I mean, I've always felt that way, but now it's magnified more than ever with everyone doing drugs and dropping dead left and right.

I watched plenty of stuff after the murders and felt nothing. Hell, I still got hyped when I watched him win the title despite the fact his murder victims were jumping around the ring with him.

But then the extent of his brain damage was reveled and then it caused me to look at it and go "Jesus dude...why didn't you listen to anyone...dumbass."

Its like watching a post goldberg kick bret matches. You just wish he would have sat the fuck down and you could have gotten some more good matches out of him.