TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I mentioned this in the "Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread", thread. If you go to the toy department of Wal-Mart, which is the only chain of stores where I've seen this particular line, look at the some of the packaging on the newest line of WWE figures. This line also has William Regal (in purple trunks), and John Cena(I think). On the back of the card, you will see what would've been a new Chris Benoit figure. However, there are 2 sloppily-applied WWE logo stickers covering most of the figure's upper body as well as his name, and lower body. This just struck me as kind of funny.

He's almost completely gone. I think all of his matches are going to be edited off any PPVs except for The Rumbles (although they could edit any mention of him out), WM XX and SummerSlam only because of historical importance.

I do like the notion of his face being blurred, makes sense.

Honestly, for a magazine they really don't need to blurr his face out. They should have at least 1 camera angle that doesn't show his face...just use that one.

Someone somewhere (and I can't seem to find it) said Benoit was on WWE.com's magazine cover spotlight. I just checked all 98 of them and didn't see him. There are a bunch of photos of him fighting Chavo Guerrero at Survivor Series 06 though.

Someone somewhere (and I can't seem to find it) said Benoit was on WWE.com's magazine cover spotlight. I just checked all 98 of them and didn't see him. There are a bunch of photos of him fighting Chavo Guerrero at Survivor Series 06 though.

He WAS.

It was on page 2 (of 3) of the greatest magazine covers part. It was the 2000 cover of the Radicalz for RAW magazine. (It was in the bottom left hand corner.) I think enough people noticed and enough people e-mailed WWE that it got pulled.

(I say that because someone mentioned to me a theory that they're putting the odd Benoit reference or whatever into their products just to see if anyone will notice (there was a Benoit reference in the new Rey DVD that they didn't take out). If people notice and notify them, it's their belief that it's too soon to show the guy some more. No way to tell if this is true or not, but it wouldn't shock me.)

That thread shouldn't even count considering it was nothing more than a "game" that was meant to go on and on and on. This thread has been actual discussion on a number of different issues. I can't remember the last time we had a thread like this that went on for so long, especially in such a short period of time.

Yep, Cena looked horrible there.

Not a bad piece by CNN actually, all things considered.

I agree. They were critical when needed but didn't turn the piece into a sensationalistic fluff piece like we saw ad nauseum over the summer. They actually did their homework here. I found the Dynamite and Punk segments interesting since most pieces hadn't done anything like that other then Jericho's ass kissing and bitter former wrestlers trashing McMahon.

So who do you think was the man with his identity withheld?

It looked so much like Hogan or Heyman.

Most likely a disgruntled fired writer or staffer, then an actual wrestler or personality.

I took it as "Hey I have done steroids but try and prove it." He might as well have gone the McGwire route and said he wasn't there to talk about the past.

Dynamite Kid cracked me up with that bizarre defense of his domestic abuse: "Hey, I only stuck a gun to my wife's head....not like I was being violent."

Cena did look pretty bad there, but Dynamite Kid. Whoa, I didn`t know he had it that bad.

Dynamite kid's line about not being violent and the gun was classic.

I feel really bad for Michael Benoit since he's obviously blaming himself for encouraging Benoit to wrestle. A columnist over at wo.com basically told the truth though when he said Benoit would have pursued his wrestling dream regardless of whether his father approved or not.

They pulled Cena's line out of a bigger interview where he was saying the same line he's always said about how even if he says he's not on roids no one will believe him.