TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

ok they say double murder/suicide and we assume Benoit is the full on perpertrator, is it possible that Nancy killed Daniel and Chris found this out and went off and killed Nancy then realized he made a mistake then took his own life

I just looked out my window. I did not see any pigs flying. As last check, Hell has also not frozen over.

ok they say double murder/suicide and we assume Benoit is the full on perpertrator, is it possible that Nancy killed Daniel and Chris found this out and went off and killed Nancy then realized he made a mistake then took his own life

Hard to do that if Nancy was indeed killed on Saturday and Daniel on Sunday.

I can see the next rebuttal now...

"But wait...wait.........maybe Daniel killed Nancy and then Chris got home and saw that his son killed his wife, and ended up killing his son in defense. Then he couldn't live with what he did and killed himself."

or

"Maybe Nancy killed herself, and then when her son noticed he killed himself....and then when Benoit came home and saw both of them dead he killed himself too"

I don't think they have determined dates yet without an autopsy. Plus, that would mean dude was wondering around the house with one or the other all day with a dead body.

Can you imagine how many glade scented candles he would have went through? Clearly the main detail I want to know is did he use coconut or topical island.

It's interesting how the sentiment in here has shifted from mourning to mocking in mere hours. I guess it's much more important to appear witty on an internet board than it is to show some humanity and not mock the dead before they are even in the ground yet. Here's to hoping when a loved one of yours passes away some overweight outspoken idiot wrestling fan who thinks he is funnier than he is wanders by the funeral you're attending, rolls his eyes back and says "Rest. In. Peace." then see if you manage to resist the urge to beat them into a body cast for being so disrespectful. Alternatively I'm sure that the WWE will set up an email to deal with those wishing to send comiserations to the family. Maybe some of you will send along your thoughts to them in the coming days and weeks?

People, even on here, wonder why wrestling fans and the business is looked down upon by other forms of media. From newsworthy tragedy to messageboard comedy in less than 12 hours.... why serve pearls to swine when they prove to have no taste or decency?

This thread makes me want to use Chambraigne.

It's interesting how the sentiment in here has shifted from mourning to mocking in mere hours. I guess it's much more important to appear witty on an internet board than it is to show some humanity and not mock the dead before they are even in the ground yet. Here's to hoping when a loved one of yours passes away some overweight outspoken idiot wrestling fan who thinks he is funnier than he is wanders by the funeral you're attending, rolls his eyes back and says "Rest. In. Peace." then see if you manage to resist the urge to beat them into a body cast for being so disrespectful. Alternatively I'm sure that the WWE will set up an email to deal with those wishing to send comiserations to the family. Maybe some of you will send along your thoughts to them in the coming days and weeks?

People, even on here, wonder why wrestling fans and the business is looked down upon by other forms of media. From newsworthy tragedy to messageboard comedy in less than 12 hours.... why serve pearls to swine when they prove to have no taste or decency?

Amen to that. This is NOT anything to joke about.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

joking about death is just a way to get power over it. Personally I hope my death is joked about. We all deal with grief differently.

Let me just say that if this was like fuckin' Justin Credible we were talking about, nobody would be posting all these contrived theories cleared his name. People would be all, "He was Aldo Montoya for god's sake. He came out to Uncle Kracker theme music. He willingly teamed with X-Pac and Prince Albert. Of course he did it!"

I feel really bad for all the really young kids who don't know that wrestling is fake, think that Mr. McMahon was blown up a couple weeks ago, and have Chris Benoit as a favourite wrestler and hero. How the fuck is anybody going to be able to explain all this to them?

joking about death is just a way to get power over it. Personally I hope my death is joked about. We all deal with grief differently.

How would you feel if someone made a joke about the way your child died? I can't imagine you'd just laugh along with them.

It probably was Cheatum the evil dwarf and he got away while driving with the Black Scorpion and the Higher power in a white hummer.

He got there by swimming through the Gulf of Mexico.

I like the Kevin Sullivan did it defense, I read on another board.

He did it with the balsa wood chair and then polished them off with a double-foot stomp after tying them in the 'Tree of Woe'.

I just looked out my window. I did not see any pigs flying. As last check, Hell has also not frozen over.

really at this point everything is mere speculation

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

wwe.com.

Not looking good

Here's to hoping when a loved one of yours passes away some overweight outspoken idiot wrestling fan who thinks he is funnier than he is wanders by the funeral you're attending, rolls his eyes back and says "Rest. In. Peace."

I'm writing it into my will that this be done at my funeral, but it has to be followed by the "BONG!" or else it loses impact

I feel really bad for all the really young kids who don't know that wrestling is fake, think that Mr. McMahon was blown up a couple weeks ago, and have Chris Benoit as a favourite wrestler and hero. How the fuck is anybody going to be able to explain all this to them?

Distract them with the news that there is no Santa Claus and no Easter Bunny.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

How would you feel if someone made a joke about the way your child died? I can't imagine you'd just laugh along with them.

If it was some guy on a message board that I don't know? Why should I care.

why serve pearls to swine when they prove to have no taste or decency?

When I think of the internet, I think of taste and decency.

What songs will make you think of Chris Benoit?

Guns'N'Roses

Used To Love Her

I used to love her

But I had to kill her

I used to love her, Mm, yeah

But I had to kill her

I had to put her six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

I used to love her, Oo, yeah

But I had to kill her

I used to love her, Oo, yeah

But I had to kill her

I knew I'd miss her

So I had to keep her

She's buried right in my backyard

Oh yeah, Oo yeah, whoa, oh yeah

I used to love her

But I had to kill her

But I had to kill her

She bitched so much, She drove me nuts

And now I'm happier this way, yeah

Whoa, oh yeah

I used to love her

But I had to kill her

But I had to kill her

I had to put her, Oo, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

Oh, pshaw. Don't relegate it as a question of morals with "wrestling fans". It's internet status quo.

really at this point everything is mere speculation

Fuck, just go read a fucking news site. I don't think the fucking GA cops, and the DA are "speculating." They have experience, they saw the scene, the deduced what happened, and tomorrow the autopsies will confirm it.

From WWE.com:

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.

As sick as the death of Chris Benoit makes us, I think it will be on an entire other level if we do indeed find out this is some type of murder suicide, as it will force everyone to seperate Chris Benoit the wrestler/performer and Chris Benoit the person, and if professional sports has taught us anything, most people will have a hard time with that.

EDIT: Well I posted this comment a few minutes too late as it looks like at least WWE.com is confirming that is was a double-murder-suicide. :(

From TMZ:

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.