TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Guest Hasbeen2

Tossing your video game controller isn't the same as kicking over a lamp or something because you know the controller isn't that fragile and can be replaced pretty cheaply. Now if you stomp on your PS3 because your pro team lost in the game in overtime, there's a problem.

I thought previously that he might have had a combination of alcohol and pills in his system. My thoughts were that when Wellington died, he was grieving and got drunk and might have been taking pain medication.

Either way, after killing his wife and child, I would say that he drank as much as he could to try to deal with it. Remember the WWE employee said he was groggy when he spoke.

WWE LEGAL CONFIRMS THAT STEROIDS FOUND DID NOT COME FROM INTERNET PHARMACIES

-Benoit saw his doctor, Dr. Phil Astin, on Friday. The doctor said Benoit showed no signs of rage or distress. It is believed he perscribed low levels of testosterone due to the steroid use. He would not say what or even if he perscribed anything to him on Friday's visit

-District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on Daniel's neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.

-Long-time WWE attorney (and former personal attorney of Hulk Hogan) Jerry McDevitt said all of the steroids found in Benoit's home were from a legitimate prescription. "We know which doctor prescribed it," he said. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies."

-The AP quoted a doctor who said that while steroids can produce "roid rage" outbursts, the drug is also associated with "deep and lengthy bouts of depression." He added regarding the mood swings: "You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

Are people shocked Benoit drank? Wasn't it known he was a party guy? Bradshaw and Austin both made a reference about him drinking on Raw.

Tossing your video game controller isn't the same as kicking over a lamp or something because you know the controller isn't that fragile and can be replaced pretty cheaply. Now if you stomp on your PS3 because your pro team lost in the game in overtime, there's a problem.

Its the same because you are taking it out on an inanimate object. If you argue with your wife while playing a video game, the controller will probably get tossed. Okay, maybe not a PS3, but if you brought home 500,000 a year, then maybe.

I have gotten pissed before and stupidly punched a wall. But Ripper ain't stranglin niggas now is he?

Ripper - Just spoke in 3rd person.

Smashing up furniture, punching windows, throwing shit around, whatever, are out of the ordinary, violent acts. Throwing down a controller is also an act of violence, it's just on a completely different level. Normal marital arguments also do not tend to end with one party trying to get a restraining order against the other, which leads me to believe that Benoit's outbursts were a fair bit more serious than innocent acts of frustration. There was a dark side to Benoit. Maybe it was his natural personality, or maybe it was due to other factors. It obviously wasn't murderous at first, but it's quite possible that it could have started as something less serious, and gradually worsened over time as he injected more steroids and suffered more head trauma.

Please explain how kick some furniture oare out of the ordinary violent acts but throwing a controller is on a differnet level. One can argue that if you get that pissed off over a fucking video game, you have deeper issues and get violent over less than someone that was in a argument with his wife. The divorce papers and the restraining order were in result of the furniture smashing, which would seem to say that it was a out of the ordinary occurance and it scared Nancy.

If anything these acts look like someone who repressed anger and had this huge violent outburst when he was taken to some point to make him deranged at that moment.

But see this last post you made, this was fine. Its the high and mighty mocking of other post in the thread that you and others have been doing that is just fucking annoying. I have yet to see anyone say "Beniot is still cool man. Nancy and the kid shouldn't have made him kill them."

Everyone is saying what a horrible act it is/was and he should be vilified for it. But I think people are trying to dig all deep and say that Beniot was a psycho in 2003 puts Nancy in a negative light, as if she was some one just getting the shit beat out of her all the time and didn't leave when everything about this says it was unexpected and unpredictable, and kicking furniture in 4 years ago does not serve as a telling sign to his true nature. His true nature would be the one that he displayed 90% of the time and that was the guy that everyone who knew him loved, and respected as a man and as a father.

I can still watch beniot matches because that isn't the guy that committed these acts. Some deranged out of its mind version of that guy did it. I don't think when Beniot was celebrating in the ring with Nancy and Daniel he was thinking of how he could take them out then, nor do I think he was getting the cable cord ready in 2003 when they had an argument.

And in saying that, I am not saying "YEAH.. GO BENIOT!!!!!!!". So all the "this thread is hilarious, now beniot is a hero" type post are coming off as uppity bullshit from people making up statements that aren't there.

I really don't know how to explain that throwing a controller down in frustration is different than smashing/throwing furniture around, other than saying one is a relatively normal occurrence, and the other is not. Kicking a chair once might be more along the lines of throwing a controller down, but I seriously doubt it was something so innocent given that Nancy tried to get a restraining order against the man. And from reading the restraining order documents, it appears he destroyed furniture in the house, so it really isn't close to throwing a controller down or kicking furniture once.

No one is saying Benoit was always a murderous psychopath either. But it's clear from the domestic abuse reports that he had a violent, angry temper going back to 2003. Whether this was caused by his steroid use, or whether it was his natural personality, no one here knows. But if he had some less serious issues in 2003, further steroid use, which has been known to cause dementia, paranoia, depression and rage could possibly drive the problem to dire levels.

Have you seen the cost of video game controllers lately? They're just as expensive as the games.

Have you seen the cost of video game controllers lately? They're just as expensive as the games.

You could get a good lamp for the cost of a Wii Controller + Nunchuk. ;)

Former WWE Diva Trish Stratus had the following message posted on her official website:

Trish Remembers Chris Benoit. We at TrishStratus.com are deeply saddened over the loss of Chris Benoit. Trish had this to say: "Chris was an incredible person, wrestler and friend. To the wrestling business he is the epitome of excellence, an example of dedication and passion, someone who lived their dreams. I shared many moments with Chris, I had the privilage of being his tag partner, we shared a Canadian heritage, we even shared a gap tooth, something that we laughed about years ago. Nancy was a beautiful person inside and out, it was always a pleasure to share a conversation with her, her smile lighting up a room. Their son Daniel rounded out a beautiful family. My thoughts are with the family, friends, as well as others whose lives Chris and his family touched. What an amazing life. I am deeply saddened by Chris' passing, and humbled by all that he was able to accomplish."

Are people shocked Benoit drank? Wasn't it known he was a party guy? Bradshaw and Austin both made a reference about him drinking on Raw.

:lol:

We're talking one bottle of wine!

If it were a bottle or two of scotch, sure.

And if we're saying one bottle of wine had any real effect on him, then that only shows he wasn't a drinker!

They did mention the Benoit issue today on Rome is Burning. Rome questioned why WWE would completely rule out steroids as a factor in the tragedy, basically coming to the conclusion that WWE's trying to save their own skin. One of the guests when asked if Vince was at fault, said something to the effect of "Well, is it a movie director's fault that one of his actors does the whole binging thing to get ahead?" He pretty much looked at Benoit as more of an actor using steroids to help get big and in shape to perform every time he came out than an athlete. All of them agreed that Benoit's had greater issues than just steroids and that this whole thing was caused by a number of factors.

Former WWE Diva Trish Stratus had the following message posted on her official website:

Trish Remembers Chris Benoit. We at TrishStratus.com are deeply saddened over the loss of Chris Benoit. Trish had this to say: "Chris was an incredible person, wrestler and friend. To the wrestling business he is the epitome of excellence, an example of dedication and passion, someone who lived their dreams. I shared many moments with Chris, I had the privilage of being his tag partner, we shared a Canadian heritage, we even shared a gap tooth, something that we laughed about years ago. Nancy was a beautiful person inside and out, it was always a pleasure to share a conversation with her, her smile lighting up a room. Their son Daniel rounded out a beautiful family. My thoughts are with the family, friends, as well as others whose lives Chris and his family touched. What an amazing life. I am deeply saddened by Chris' passing, and humbled by all that he was able to accomplish."

Is it just me or does Trish Stratus sound totally clueless about what happened?

From PWTorch:

WWE stock has dropped a full point te past few days. They had been in the $16.75 range lately, but dropped to around $15.75 today, with a low of $15.58.

CNBC has taken notice. Daren Novell, CNBC business analyst, analyzed the WWE stock at 2:30 pm CT. He mentioned the stock was 11 percent lower over the last two weeks due to the McMahon angle and the Chris Benoit story. Today's volume is the 6th highest volume trading day for the stock this year.

Guest Hasbeen2

Is it just me or does Trish Stratus sound totally clueless about what happened?

It depends on when it was written.

I dont care if she wrote it 15 minutes ago, she still sounds completely clueless to the entire story.

Guest Hasbeen2
I dont care if she wrote it 15 minutes ago, she still sounds completely clueless to the entire story.

If it was 15 minutes ago then yes it would be clueless. Monday, not very clueless and maybe the site operators were careless about pulling it. I don't think she's the stereotype dumb blonde.

i hate Jim Rome, that guy is such a damned prick, i've thought those steroids may have been for Daniel's Fragile X, because isnt HGH a form of a steroid

i hate Jim Rome, that guy is such a damned prick, i've thought those steroids may have been for Daniel's Fragile X, because isnt HGH a form of a steroid

HGH is Human Growth Hormone. It is not a steroid, but often gets lumped in with steroids by the general media because many people use them as PEDs.

I missed Rome today. What did he say about Benoit that got you so mad?

Just to stir up some more shit, Benoit took time off last year because Nancy needed neck surgery so the roids could have been for her as well.

Also, how did she break her neck? Hmmmm

HGH is Human Growth Hormone. It is not a steroid, but often gets lumped in with steroids by the general media because many people use them as PEDs.

I missed Rome today. What did he say about Benoit that got you so mad?

i dont know, i've watched Jim Rome a few times, he just comes off as an insensitive jackass

Well they're about to talk about it on ATH and I imagine on PTI and Sportscenter as well.

Just to stir up some more shit, Benoit took time off last year because Nancy needed neck surgery so the roids could have been for her as well.

Also, how did she break her neck? Hmmmm

Considering that she was a very active member of the wrestling business for 10 years leads me to believe she probably suffered an injury here and there. Those tend to come back and haunt you when you're older.

Sherri Martel died due to an overdose of pain killers. She was taking them because years of bumps put her back in crippling pain as she got older, but couldn't afford the back surgery to have a rod placed inside.

They are about to talk about it on ATH.

And Rome just said how does the WWE know the murder had NOTHING to do with Roids. And they make their money about stuff being fake, which is funny because EVERY TV SHOW, other than reality shows, are fake. Funny how no one ever mentions that.

Well I don't like Rome, but I would have to agree with that statement. There is no way the WWE knows for sure that steroids didn't play some role. They are trying to cover their ass right now, as they should.