TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Police have seized the Benoit Wiki entry computer.

That is so fantastic on all sorts of levels. :lol:

More raids are on the way:

http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/new...7/06/29-11.html

Raid Updates

Captain Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department said this afternoon that he and other officers from his department accompanied DEA agents in the searches in Carrollton, GA, on the office and home of Dr. Phil Astin, family physician to the Benoits.

He also confirmed that end of the investigation has been handed over to the DEA, though he would not comment on what the searches have found, or how it may affect the other ongoing investigation his office is handling in Fayetteville, GA.

It has been learned that a third location is to be searched, and authorities are en route to that undisclosed location at this time.

All three locations being searched are contained in a single warrant.

Police have seized the Benoit Wiki entry computer.

Excerpted from ABC News:

A Wikipedia posting about the death of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's wife that preceded the discovery of the Benoit family's bodies has become a major obstacle in the murder-suicide criminal investigation, authorities told ABC News.

"It is unbelievable what a hindrance this has put on our investigation," said Lt. Tommy Pope, a spokesman for the Fayette County, Ga., Sheriff's Department.

"We've got to put a lot of effort and time into working to prove or disprove that someone put up a hoax situation or that somebody was conceiving the death from out of state," Pope said, adding that investigators have been flooded with tips regarding a Web posting that's very likely a bizarre coincidence.

Police have traced the Wikipedia posting and subsequent anonymous confession and apology to an IP address in Connecticut. Pope said local authorities there are working with his department and have seized computer equipment from the person responsible for the postings.

"We know who the person is," Pope said, adding that police wouldn't reveal his or her identity until early next week. By then they hope to have determined whether the person was implicated in what police earlier this week called a double murder-homicide.

If the person had knowledge of the death before police discovered the body, he or she could face criminal charges.

The anonymous Wikipedia poster confessed early this morning to changing the entry for professional wrestler Chris Benoit to mention that his wife was dead -- 14 hours before the police had even discovered the bodies of Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son, Daniel.

The confession, which was posted on Wikinews, came from the same IP address, traced to Stamford, Conn., from which the eerie posting about the pro wrestler's wife was made, an administrator for Wikinews confirmed. The WWE is based in Stamford.

"I am not connected to WWE or Benoit at all in any way," the poster wrote, describing himself or herself as an "everyday" individual, confirming a Connecticut residency, and claiming that the prescient entry was an unfortunate coincidence.

LOL. That guy will think twice before he vandals wiki again.

One thing I have learnt from this is that it appears there are certain portions of the American media who can just say whatever they like with little to no apparent research, with no come back. Is this a fair observation? It's a bit shocking to hear such basic errors as "Benoit was demoted from the four horseman to Raw", and "Sherri was killed on the same day as Benoit".

Also, I hope the researchers do get to look at a sample of Benoit's brain. Anything to stop unprotected chair shots; surely one of the most stupid things a wrestler can agree to. Ok, it might help the angle get over, but its just not worth it.

FEDS RAID DR. ASTIN'S MOTHER'S HOUSE

Fox 5 in Atlanta went live to the site of the Carrollton home of the mother of Chris Benoit's local doctor. Dr. Phil Astin's office had been raided by drug agents yesterday, seizing paperwork and computers. The TV reporter didn't show the faces of the agents because most of them circuling the house with guns drawn are undercover agents. They had just used a battering ram to break down the door to her house.

The reporter said people in the community were shocked as Dr. Astin was well-known. Astin put a sign up on his office that they are on vacation until July 6. Apparently Dr. Astin stayed with mother on and off, thus the raid of her house.

There are also reports out of Atlanta that investigators found a large number of schedule 1, 2, 3, and 4 carcotics in Benoit's house prescribed by Astin. The reporter said he was led to believe they found more names with a large number of prescriptions.

Think Brock Lesnar wasn't on steroids? Here's a picture of him at the recent show before a match with Kurt Angle:

20070629180.jpg

Why do they say the 93-degree heat was possibly an issue, when the human body runs at around, y'know, 98.6 ALL THE TIME?

Never been around a dead body that's sat out in the summer, have you? That shit goes rank real fast. Decomposition occurs very quickly, especially in less-solid matter like brain tissue.

Anything to stop unprotected chair shots; surely one of the most stupid things a wrestler can agree to. Ok, it might help the angle get over, but its just not worth it.

I've taken a few of those. It's... interesting. A real hard one that catches you just right both sounds and feels like someone just fired a gun inside your head.

Why isn't anyone using the word "allegedly" anymore?

Until all the facts are in, evidence has been compiled and the investigation has concluded, it's necessary to use allegedly because the estate of Chris Benoit could sue people if, by some strange circumstances, he is found to be not guilty.

If Benoit's brain was liquefied... shit, the only think I can think off that can do that kind of damage is high grade LSD.

I don't think anymore commentary will emerge from Japan. Suicide is very taboo but somewhat respected out there depending on the motivation. The fact he killed his family and dishonored himself before his death... I think it'll be quietly acknowledged but largely ignored.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

The wrestlers might not have more to say but I've read that it's been covered alot by the media in Japan.

And from the "stupidest shit yet" file:

http://www.georgiawrestlinghistory.com/new...7/06/29-10.html

Reporters say they are also receiving emails from fans. One suggested that Johnny Nitro be investigated, as the sender believes Nitro may be responsible so that he could replace Benoit in his match on June 24. Another claimed they believe a dead wrestler, whose name was not provided, came back to life in order to murder the Benoit family.

Reporters say they are also receiving emails from fans. One suggested that Johnny Nitro be investigated, as the sender believes Nitro may be responsible so that he could replace Benoit in his match on June 24. Another claimed they believe a dead wrestler, whose name was not provided, came back to life in order to murder the Benoit family.

So stupid, and yet, on some level, so great.

Guest Shylock

So stupid, and yet, on some level, so great.

5149sa.jpg

You sure it's that stupid? I mean.. we haven't seen 'em in ECW in a long time.

We had enough inane stupidity with posters coming up with their unfunny ideas in the Vince McMahon thread. Do we really need that again?

Besides, everyone knows Benoit did it because he couldn't envision his family living in a world without Vince McMahon.

Besides, everyone knows Benoit did it because he couldn't envision his family living in a world without Vince McMahon.

What does that even mean?

Think Brock Lesnar wasn't on steroids? Here's a picture of him at the recent show before a match with Kurt Angle:

20070629180.jpg

He doesn't look much different aside from being white as a ghost..

Somebody asked earlier and I didn't see anything really posted about it since then. So, does anyone know what the reaction has been like in Japan at all?

Puroresupower.com is the only site that I can find mention on.

Okay I watched the Jericho interview and here are some thoughts:

--Jericho was wrong saying that Benoit was WWE Champion on Raw. He was the World Champion, Eddie was the WWE champ at that same time. But that was minor.

--I thought Jericho was strangely insistent in terms of defending ECW. For any major star going to ECW is a major demotion. It is by far the lowest of the 3 shows, does the lowest ratings, and the title belt on the show is worthless. Being a major star on ECW is like being a drummer for Spinal Tap. Van Dam was busted for weed and his career was hurt, now his contract is up and he's leaving WWE. Angle? Suspended almost immediately after going to ECW, then released soon after due to his serious physical and mental problems. Big Show? The physical hardcore matches in ECW shortened his career and he was so burnt out that he left WWE once his contract was up.

We don't know if Benoit took it as a slight being sent to ECW, but I can understand it if he did. As deranged as it sounds I don't think it was totally a coincidence that Benoit flipped out after leaving SD for ECW.

20070629180.jpg

That looks like a bad camera angle than anything else.

Nah, he did it to derail the limo angle. "C'mon honey, it's for the good of the business!"

At a couple of little local boards, I'm still having to argue with people who seriously think that Benoit didn't do it, that he was framed in some kind of conspiracy.

It's being said that because of the raids on Benoit's doctor, it's likely that they'll be naming more major wrestlers, along with their records.

Okay, I've finally seen Debra give her interviews and I gotta say I side with her on this whole thing. I don't see how she's pushing her own agenda. She seems very sincere in what she's saying. Most people who want to push their own hidden agenda would be a little more over the top and loud (for lack of a better term) about what they're speaking on. She doesn't seem like the regular group who are harping on WWE for no apparent reason, rather she's got some pretty good reasons to be coming out of the woodwork and speaking up on this kind of thing.

...and for the record, it looks like a lot of you in this thread are misquoting her and getting all pissed off at your own misquotation. Where she talks about if she had've spoken up earlier that Nancy would be alive. She doesn't say it as a definite. She says MAYBE she COULD have saved her.

EDIT: ..and in no way does this mean I support the argument that Roid Rage was the deciding factor in what caused this tragedy. I'm just saying that I can see where she's coming from and I can see why she feels the need to speak up now that something like this has happened.

We don't know if Benoit took it as a slight being sent to ECW, but I can understand it if he did. As deranged as it sounds I don't think it was totally a coincidence that Benoit flipped out after leaving SD for ECW.

Most indications are Benoit was more than happy to help out.

Okay I watched the Jericho interview and here are some thoughts:

--I thought Jericho was strangely insistent in terms of defending ECW. For any major star going to ECW is a major demotion. It is by far the lowest of the 3 shows, does the lowest ratings, and the title belt on the show is worthless. Being a major star on ECW is like being a drummer for Spinal Tap. Van Dam was busted for weed and his career was hurt, now his contract is up and he's leaving WWE. Angle? Suspended almost immediately after going to ECW, then released soon after due to his serious physical and mental problems. Big Show? The physical hardcore matches in ECW shortened his career and he was so burnt out that he left WWE once his contract was up.

ECW may be the third brand, but for a guy like Benoit it's not a demotion. He doesn't get paid less. He doesn't have to work or travel more. He doesn't get taken off tv. He doesn't lose merchandise rights. He doesn't work smaller venues.

Benoit was being asked to be the focus of the one of the company's brands. That's not a bad thing. I think being moved to ECW is probably 5,521st in the list of reasons you decide to kill your family.

Obsessed fans who break down the minutia of won-loss records or title reigns are the only ones who care about that crap.

It's being said that because of the raids on Benoit's doctor, it's likely that they'll be naming more major wrestlers, along with their records.

If you listen very carefully, you can actually hear the shit hitting the fan.