TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Source – PWInsider.com

WWE has put a media ban on their superstars for the next three weeks. This means that WWE stars can’t do any interviews with any media other than WWE.

Bad idea. Now you'll only have those with an axe to grind out there.

Mostly, but you've still got guys like Bret and Jericho that have been quite fair in their interviews.

WWE definitely knew about the details of the murder/suicide during the show. They found out with maybe 45 minutes still left in the broadcast and everyone who was still at the show knew.

pw insider audio hotline

WWE definitely knew about the details of the murder/suicide during the show. They found out with maybe 45 minutes still left in the broadcast and everyone who was still at the show knew.

pw insider audio hotline

The "details" of a murder suicide at that time were only speculatory though, weren't they? Investigators only said they were treating the case this way, but it hadn't been officially confirmed that that's what'd happened.

pw insider audio hotline

The "details" of a murder suicide at that time were only speculatory though, weren't they? Investigators only said they were treating the case this way, but it hadn't been officially confirmed that that's what'd happened.

Considering nancy was obviously tied up and killed, the child was dead and Benoit was found hanged with an empty wine bottle near by and no signs of a break in, you don't have to be Columbo to figure out what happened and who killed who.

The police were probably 99% sure what happened, but had to wait until the autopsies for confirmation. They were as certain as you're allowed to be, and I'm sure WWE were aware of that.

pw insider audio hotline

I wonder if they told Jim ross, jbl, etc because that would have been a very awkward situation for them to find that out yet still continue on giving him a tribute.

Okay, Eddy, Owen, Chris....who were the other two that were under WWE contract when they died? Bossman?

I STILL find it odd that people want to jump on Vince so hard when the fact of the matter is, most of the guys are dying when they are on the independant circuit and their drug use, steroid abuse is going relatively unchecked.

Eddy died becuase of past damage he did, Owen was a freak accident, Chris's isn't determined yet. Someone remind me of the other two please?

Pillman and Russ Haas (Charlies Brother, they were in the minors at the time of his death in 2001)

I was just thinking about it, Benoit is now just the second Horseman to die after Pillman. not exactly a feat anyone would want to accomplish

rick mcgraw

pw insider audio hotline

Considering nancy was obviously tied up and killed, the child was dead and Benoit was found hanged with an empty wine bottle near by and no signs of a break in, you don't have to be Columbo to figure out what happened and who killed who.

The police were probably 99% sure what happened, but had to wait until the autopsies for confirmation. They were as certain as you're allowed to be, and I'm sure WWE were aware of that.

So you're saying that they released those details to WWE before they made it public during the press conference the next day? Because that's when the rest of the world found out about the specifics. I have a hard time believing that WWE would go ahead with the tribute if they knew those details. I'm calling bullshit on this one. Vince is a prick but he's not THAT insensitive.

pw insider audio hotline

I wonder if they told Jim ross, jbl, etc because that would have been a very awkward situation for them to find that out yet still continue on giving him a tribute.

I think they knew, and someone just convinced everyone in charge that Nancy did it, as she was hardly mentioned, until the end when Lawler basically said, "Hey guys... Nancy died too."

Okay, Eddy, Owen, Chris....who were the other two that were under WWE contract when they died? Bossman?

I STILL find it odd that people want to jump on Vince so hard when the fact of the matter is, most of the guys are dying when they are on the independant circuit and their drug use, steroid abuse is going relatively unchecked.

Eddy died becuase of past damage he did, Owen was a freak accident, Chris's isn't determined yet. Someone remind me of the other two please?

Pillman and Russ Haas (Charlies Brother, they were in the minors at the time of his death in 2001)

I was just thinking about it, Benoit is now just the second Horseman to die after Pillman. not exactly a feat anyone would want to accomplish

rick mcgraw

Rick McGraw was a Horseman?

pw insider audio hotline

So you're saying that they released those details to WWE before they made it public during the press conference the next day? Because that's when the rest of the world found out about the specifics. I have a hard time believing that WWE would go ahead with the tribute if they knew those details. I'm calling bullshit on this one. Vince is a prick but he's not THAT insensitive.

They woudn't have to go into details. Just say "We're fairly sure Benoit killed his wife and child and then committed suicide."

pw insider audio hotline

They woudn't have to go into details. Just say "We're fairly sure Benoit killed his wife and child and then committed suicide."

No, they wouldn't. But none of us were there and all we have is some PWI "hotline" telling us that they knew with 45 minutes left in the 3 hour block of programming.

I think that sort of shit is just as bad as the crazies jumping on the roid rage bandwagon and to shut down the WWE.

WARRIOR COMMENTS ON MONDAY'S APPEARANCE ON HANNITY & COLMES

Hello warriors. Yes, I have agreed to make a rare public appearance on Hannity & Colmes. Yesterday, I tentatively agreed to this evening, Friday. This morning we were contacted by the show and told there was a shift in programming due to the London Bombing attempt. So, I decided that Monday would be better.

Of course, I’ve been paying attention to how this has unfolded. I’ve drafted up a post — your typical Warrior masterpiece — and will put up the polished piece after my appearance over at Fox. I’ve some original ideas about this incident — what’s new? — and want to showcase them on TV, first.

I’m not sure yet, still have to do some howling atop my mountain for further enlightenment, but probably just go on Fox with my typical eloquent knack to say what others are thinking but don’t have the courage to let slip past their lips. You know, the usual brilliant, “self-destructive” stuff.

Your Founding Father of Ring Intensity,

Always Believe,

Warrior

pw insider audio hotline

No, they wouldn't. But none of us were there and all we have is some PWI "hotline" telling us that they knew with 45 minutes left in the 3 hour block of programming.

I think that sort of shit is just as bad as the crazies jumping on the roid rage bandwagon and to shut down the WWE.

I'm not blaming WWE. I think they were in a difficult decision to start with. But, if I remeber correcty, the knowledge of the police suspecting the double murder suicide hit the net towards the end (maybe half an hour or so to go) of the tribute show. So if people on the net, knew I think there's an excellent chance WWE were aware of what the police thought had happened around the same time or maybe even a little sooner.

It also noted the Wikipedia entry which said Nancy had died 12 hours before authorities found her body.

Holy shit... if Vince starts losing money, even partially because of that Wikipedia asshole, there'll be hell to pay. Basically, not looking good for the guy at all.

Ive really got nothing to say to this thread but tbh its going to be history whatever way you look at it, so all I have to say is that it has killed my love of wrestling stone dead. Ive watched wrestling since 1992(royal rumble 92 was my very first ever thing I saw) and I have no interest to watch anything ever again.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fay...0629exwife.html

Benoit "loving person," ex-wife says

By Kevin Duffy

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/28/07

Chris Benoit's former wife, Martina Benoit, said the star wrestler "was the most loving person anyone could imagine. I love him."

Reached at her home in Ardrossan, Alberta, Canada, Benoit called reporting of the killings in Fayette County "crap." She did not elaborate before ending the call.

Last weekend, Chris Benoit, 40, killed his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, before committing suicide, according to the Fayette County Sheriff's Department.

He had two other children with Martina Benoit, who has not remarried. Chris Benoit married Nancy Benoit, 43, in 2000.

Authorities said Benoit strangled his wife and possibly killed his son in a chokehold. Daniel had Fragile X Syndrome, a mental disability. Benoit strangled himself using cord attached to a weight machine.

He was one of the biggest stars with World Wrestling Entertainment, a Connecticut-based company that broadcasts matches worldwide on television.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
...but there are various people, including support groups that the Benoits would go to, that say otherwise.

That's what they're saying. And I only recall that one comment from the woman claming she tried to start a support group with Benoit. I suppose, it's possible he did have it, but his symptoms were milder than in an a lot of cases and they just didn't spot it. Or maybe he was just a rather shy child, so when this fragile x rumour started, lots of people just assumed he was ill.

edit: I didn't remember the quote from the kids doctors. Honestly, I'm not sure. But either way, the kid couldn't have been that badly ill if even his own grandparents couldn't see it. So, I don't see it as a main reason as to why Benoit did what he did.

I've lived with and known dozens of people with mental handicaps of varying severity and almost all of them had some family member who was completely in denial and couldn't imagine that their "baby" was manic-depressive, autistic, etc.

Guest beau99
There's no longer an Ogrish. It's LiveLeak now and it's turned into more of a "Media" website. They do have ogrish type things one in a while like the Saddaam Hanging and stuff like that. I'm morbidly curious too to see the crime photos also to see how disturbing they are.

The Ogrish forum still exists, however.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2920925

They want his brain to study it. But it was liquified....ew.

Why do they say the 93-degree heat was possibly an issue, when the human body runs at around, y'know, 98.6 ALL THE TIME?

EDIT: And since they cancelled RAW and apparently sent everyone away from the arena, who cares when they found out what "actually happened"? What are they supposed to do, cut in midway through the WM XX triple threat and go "This is supposed to be a career retrospective...but upon further review, fuck Chris Benoit, here's something completely different"?

by Debbie Fernandez

My name is Debbie Fernandez, wife of the late Ray “Hercules” Fernandez and I am writing to you because I am sickened by the recent tragic event to strike the Wrestling World. I am also appalled at the fact that Vince McMahon is trying to play off the idea that there is not a Steroid Use problem in the WWE. After Ray died, I was too devastated to open up a discussion regarding the deadly roll that Steroid use plays in the lives of these wrestlers, but now, after seeing yet another tragedy, I must speak up. Vince McMahon acquires these young men, who are eager to join the world of wrestling, and who do not know any better and think that they are going to be rich and famous, but at what price?

He all but preaches that his Wrestlers do not take Steroids, and they are periodically tested, now does anyone really believe that? There is a reason why so many Wrestlers have died at such a young age, partly due to the Steroid use, and most importantly because most of them end their wrestling career with NOTHING! They have no health benefits, they have no retirement, and they are just tossed out like yesterdays trash. The only one who benefits from their blood, sweat and tears is Vince McMahon. They wrestle when their sick or hurt because they are so scared to lose their jobs, and they will, so the only way that they can stay in the game is to take steroids. Does Vince McMahon really expect us to believe that he knows nothing about the wrestlers using steroids?

The problem is that like my husband, many of the wrestlers from that era were too loyal to the profession to say anything, because if you rocked the boat, you knew you were on your way out. They just had to suck it up and do whatever it took to keep their jobs. They control everything you do professionally and personally, right down to picking your accountant, so that he can steal you blind. With all the money that the WWE brings in, you would think that they would take care of their investments and offer them the proper benefits that they and their families deserve. Now, I do not believe that Chris Benoit’s actions were caused by Steroid use, but, I do feel that Vince McMahon should be held accountable for the fact that he IS aware of everything that is going on, and that the majority of Wrestlers do take Steroids. When is it going to be enough? When are these guys going to join together and realize that unless they stand up to McMahon and fight for the benefits that they deserve, and that the WWE can afford to give them, they are headed for an early grave.

Sincerely,

Debbie Fernandez

Here's most of yesterday's news stories/interviews with wrestlers I put on Youtube:

Chris Jericho on Nancy Grace:

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDP2MSyjuk

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ZkX3cnYC0

Bret Hart on Greta Van Susteren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhkS0qgVt4

Chyna on Greta Van Susteren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97rDgI5IHNs

Debra Marshall on Hannity and Colmes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai3l3e0GoCs

Superstar Billy Graham and more of Debra on Hannity & Colmes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glZ68pazBA4

Police have seized the Benoit Wiki entry computer.

Excerpted from ABC News:

A Wikipedia posting about the death of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's wife that preceded the discovery of the Benoit family's bodies has become a major obstacle in the murder-suicide criminal investigation, authorities told ABC News.

"It is unbelievable what a hindrance this has put on our investigation," said Lt. Tommy Pope, a spokesman for the Fayette County, Ga., Sheriff's Department.

"We've got to put a lot of effort and time into working to prove or disprove that someone put up a hoax situation or that somebody was conceiving the death from out of state," Pope said, adding that investigators have been flooded with tips regarding a Web posting that's very likely a bizarre coincidence.

Police have traced the Wikipedia posting and subsequent anonymous confession and apology to an IP address in Connecticut. Pope said local authorities there are working with his department and have seized computer equipment from the person responsible for the postings.

"We know who the person is," Pope said, adding that police wouldn't reveal his or her identity until early next week. By then they hope to have determined whether the person was implicated in what police earlier this week called a double murder-homicide.

If the person had knowledge of the death before police discovered the body, he or she could face criminal charges.

The anonymous Wikipedia poster confessed early this morning to changing the entry for professional wrestler Chris Benoit to mention that his wife was dead -- 14 hours before the police had even discovered the bodies of Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son, Daniel.

The confession, which was posted on Wikinews, came from the same IP address, traced to Stamford, Conn., from which the eerie posting about the pro wrestler's wife was made, an administrator for Wikinews confirmed. The WWE is based in Stamford.

"I am not connected to WWE or Benoit at all in any way," the poster wrote, describing himself or herself as an "everyday" individual, confirming a Connecticut residency, and claiming that the prescient entry was an unfortunate coincidence.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Somebody asked earlier and I didn't see anything really posted about it since then. So, does anyone know what the reaction has been like in Japan at all?

I haven't really seen anything since it was revealed that Benoit killed them, but before that I read that Ohtani was extremely upset and Muto made comments expressing sadness and praising Benoit's work out habits or some such.