TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

...but there are various people, including support groups that the Benoits would go to, that say otherwise.

That's what they're saying. And I only recall that one comment from the woman claming she tried to start a support group with Benoit. I suppose, it's possible he did have it, but his symptoms were milder than in an a lot of cases and they just didn't spot it. Or maybe he was just a rather shy child, so when this fragile x rumour started, lots of people just assumed he was ill.

edit: I didn't remember the quote from the kids doctors. Honestly, I'm not sure. But either way, the kid couldn't have been that badly ill if even his own grandparents couldn't see it. So, I don't see it as a main reason as to why Benoit did what he did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2919341

Nancy's parents say Daniel didn't have fragile x syndrome.

So....what was wrong with him according to them?

According to them, nothing. And they claim to have spent a lot of time with the boy so it's not like their going by a once a year visit or anything.

Didn't Jericho say on Nancy Grace he wouldn't be surprised if the grandparents didn't know either since Chris was a very private person and no one amongst Benoit's close friends knew either?

If he didn't have it, why did that woman claim she contacted Benoit about the syndrome since her son also has it? If there was no documented medical records stating he had it, the doctor wouldn't have been to check the list of sufferers and then been able to refer the woman to the Benoits.

And, bear in mind, while Benoit may have been quiet enough not to say anything to his parents, what reason would Nancy have to keep hers in the dark?

I don't see what reason the grandparents have to lie. And since they spent time with Daniel surely, sans Nancy or Chris, they're the most reliable source of info for the child?

And, bear in mind, while Benoit may have been quiet enough not to say anything to his parents, what reason would Nancy have to keep hers in the dark?

Guilt. Some parents feel a lot of guilt about letting on that they're having trouble with raising their kids, including the reasons why.

Guilt. Some parents feel a lot of guilt about letting on that they're having trouble with raising their kids, including the reasons why.

Plus you could have the additional shame factor or fear that someone will treat your child differently. Some like to keep it as close to their vest as possible since they want to give their child every chance to lead a normal life. And many still treat people with any disability like they are a second class human so it could be a reason why they tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

Again, though, if they're seeing this kid on a day to day basis, like they claim, why didn't they know?

Might be one of those disabilities where you really can't tell much. There are a couple where you really think nothing of it. If he was like 7 and a little small for his age, they might have just shrugged it off as he hadn't hit his growth spurt yet.

Anyone notice that Chris Benoit had a rather large head himself. His frontal lobe was very big. anyone thinking that maybe he also suffered from Fragile X syndrome or a different form of mental illness and just hid it from everyone?

Benoit might have had some mildly autistic characteristics.

In light of the Chris Benoit tragedy that took the life of Chris (40), his wife Nancy (43), and their 7-year old son Daniel, news of Mike Awesome's suicide is now coming to light.

According to sources, Awesome was told by his wife that she was unhappy and wanted a divorce. Upon hearing the news, Awesome physically confronted his wife by grabbing her by the throat and throwing her against or into a wall.

Awesome's wife called police and had Mike arrested for domestic abuse. While in jail Awesome was told by his wife that she was leaving him, taking his money, and, again according to sources, told the former ECW Champion that she "hated" him. She then took what she could from their home, threw out certain things that belonged to Awesome, and left.

Sources claim that Awesome was beyond distraught and very depressed about the marriage, which he felt was stable and secure, all of a sudden being stripped out from under him. All of this transpiring while Awesome was still in jail, it should be noted.

Shortly after returning home from jail, with nothing left to come back to, Awesome hanged himself. Friends discovered the body shortly afterwards.

Got a link or a source on that, pleez?

...and please, everyone, no jokes about him powerbombing her through the kitchen table.

Pillman died of arteriosclerotic heart disease. Niether of which had anything to do with steroids, painkillers, or anything else other than bum tickers.

I dunno about that, for two reasons:

1. The doctors in the NFL and CFL never found any evidence of the enlarged heart that eventually killed him, which is kinda odd, it suggests that the problem manifested later.

2. Pillman used steroids, drank a lot, allegedly did cocaine, and did a SHITLOAD of pain pills. How can all that possibly have nothing to do with a heart attack?

Again, though, if they're seeing this kid on a day to day basis, like they claim, why didn't they know?

Might be one of those disabilities where you really can't tell much. There are a couple where you really think nothing of it. If he was like 7 and a little small for his age, they might have just shrugged it off as he hadn't hit his growth spurt yet.

And they didn't notice the medication he was supposedly taking?

And, whether or not Nancy wanted to tell them or not, if they're baby sitting the child on a regular basis, it would have been very irresponsible of her not to tell them in case a medical emergency happened and they didn't know what was wrong.

I'm not saying I think the fragile x rumour is 100% BS, but definetly there is reason to doubt it now.

From the WON in fall 2005:

"Debra Marshall, 44, was backstage at Raw. She said she was visiting friends, but people believe she was also looking for work. She's clearly had some work done on her face. While absolutely no one justifies what Steve Austin did to her, people say they aren't shocked that Debra could drive someone to beat her up either."

Those people are also idiots. There is no woman so annoying that a huge man should punch her. if she is annoying while swinging a bat at your head, then fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FgMLROTqJ0

Again, though, if they're seeing this kid on a day to day basis, like they claim, why didn't they notice?

Lots of other folks close to the Benoit's have said that they didn't even notice it either... Especially since the kid was only 7.

Again, though, if they're seeing this kid on a day to day basis, like they claim, why didn't they notice?

Lots of other folks close to the Benoit's have said that they didn't even notice it either... Especially since the kid was only 7.

But if they were seeing him EVERY DAY, how the fuck did they miss the track marks on his arms from where Benoit had been injecting him with growth hormone?

ITALIAN TV DUMPS WWE PROGRAMMING DUE TO BENOIT TRAGEDY

An Italian newspaper reports that Italy 1 TV has cancelled WWE programming due to the Benoit Family Tragedy, noting that as details emerge, it paints an alarming picture. It also noted the Wikipedia entry which said Nancy had died 12 hours before authorities found her body.

Italy had become one of WWE's new, sizzling hot markets the last year or so, but had subsequently cooled as WWE often does in overseas markets when it first visits and revisits the market for the first time or the first time in years.

Pillman died of arteriosclerotic heart disease. Niether of which had anything to do with steroids, painkillers, or anything else other than bum tickers.

I dunno about that, for two reasons:

1. The doctors in the NFL and CFL never found any evidence of the enlarged heart that eventually killed him, which is kinda odd, it suggests that the problem manifested later.

2. Pillman used steroids, drank a lot, allegedly did cocaine, and did a SHITLOAD of pain pills. How can all that possibly have nothing to do with a heart attack?

He didn't have an enlarged heart. He had arteriosclerotic heart disease.

Thats when fat, cholesterol and other stuff build up in the walls of the arteries and get all hard. They make the artery narrow and hard, thus blood can't flow through it.

This is a disease that he had anyway and would have caused problems eventually. It was undiagnosed in him and noone knew. Basically, out of all the shit Pillman did that could have killed him, this was the thing that did and he had nothing to do with it.

Arteriosclerosis caused his heart attack, not steroids, not painkillers.

ITALIAN TV DUMPS WWE PROGRAMMING DUE TO BENOIT TRAGEDY

An Italian newspaper reports that Italy 1 TV has cancelled WWE programming due to the Benoit Family Tragedy, noting that as details emerge, it paints an alarming picture. It also noted the Wikipedia entry which said Nancy had died 12 hours before authorities found her body.

Italy had become one of WWE's new, sizzling hot markets the last year or so, but had subsequently cooled as WWE often does in overseas markets when it first visits and revisits the market for the first time or the first time in years.

Thats just stupid.

It's been 95 damn pages, but I don't remember anyone close to Benoit saying the kid was slow. Just that he was small for his age. Maybe Benoit and his doctor used the kid as an excuse to get drugs?

BTW, some "support" groups are just as bad as doctors and auto mechanics. Of course there's something wrong, they want your money.

But if they were seeing him EVERY DAY, how the fuck did they miss the track marks on his arms from where Benoit had been injecting him with growth hormone?

They lived in Florida, they didn't see him everyday.

And not to point out the obvious or anything, but if Beniot was on the road most of the time, wouldn't it be Nancy who was injecting him with growth hormone?

Surprise, Surprise. The Hart family disagrees.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/200...299746-sun.html

June 29, 2007

Wrestling legend says Benoit had trouble with reality

By STEVE SIMMONS

Chris Benoit was a "delusional juice freak" who chased the dark side and had trouble distinguishing between his fictional character and reality, says the man who started him out in professional wrestling.

"The last time I saw him he was in pretty rough shape mentally," said Bruce Hart, son of the legendary Stu Hart. "I didn't know all the details but I knew it wasn't good. I was not at all shocked (by what happened).

"If I could see and determine that in a few visits, how the hell could they (World Wrestling Entertainment) not have known something was wrong? (In my opinion) I think the WWE needs to re-evaluate what it is doing here."

Hart will not simplify the shocking murder of Benoit's wife and 7-year-old son or the eventual suicide of the wrestler by attributing it only to steroid usage. But he truly believes that steroid abuse, in combination with delusional behaviour, painkillers and failing health -- "almost all the people we started out with (who did steroids) began breaking down around 40," Hart said -- is a deadly cocktail that needs to be further examined.

"I've known too many wrestlers who couldn't separate the character they play on television from their real life," said Hart, who has wrestled professionally, promoted wrestling and trained wrestlers all his life.

"Wrestlers start believing their press clippings and what is said on television. It's like an actor leaving the set but still playing the part. There's a delusional element to this. I've seen it over and over again. Some people can't separate the character from real life, and Chris was one of those people.

"From my experience, that has been quite prevalent with wrestlers and that becomes exacerbated by steroids, drugs, painkillers and failing health."

They hadn't seen each other much over the past few years, with Hart still in Calgary and Benoit working the circuit. "We saw each other mostly at funerals," Hart said. "At my brother's (Owen), my dad's, my brother-in-law's (Davey Boy Smith). Not that long ago I was talking to Hillbilly Jim and we were reminiscing a little. I told him I was worried about Chris."

While the WWE has a drug-testing policy, Hart believes they should bring in psychologists and physicians to evaluate not only their drug-testing procedures but how they treat their athletes, deal with them, and the toll their gimmicks take on the lives of their performers.

"Imagine if Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Mark Messier were all dead in their 40s. Imagine what the reaction would be?" Hart asked. "There would be investigations and more investigations. Wouldn't people want to know what happened and why?"

Hart was also deeply angered that the WWE aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit on Monday night.

"I kept hearing 'He was a nice guy, a great guy' and I knew him when he was a kid. But all I know now is he's a murderer," Hart said. In my opinion, "for them to do a tribute show was disgraceful."

Officials at WWE Canada refused to comment yesterday.

WWE owner Vince McMahon told NBC Today Show viewers yesterday that "steroids may or may not have had anything to do with this. It's all speculation until the toxicology reports come back."

Hart did wonder if Benoit had been given an unfavourable medical report, which may been another factor in his violent behaviour. "A lot of the steroid users start getting liver and kidney problems around the age of 40," Hart said. "There are a lot of wrestlers out there who are dead that you never heard about whose bodies broke down. I've known others who had looming health issues and went a little crazy. Maybe this caused him to go off."

It's been 95 damn pages, but I don't remember anyone close to Benoit saying the kid was slow. Just that he was small for his age. Maybe Benoit and his doctor used the kid as an excuse to get drugs?

BTW, some "support" groups are just as bad as doctors and auto mechanics. Of course there's something wrong, they want your money.

Did you click the Jericho interview? He said his year and a half old spoke more than Daniel did at 4 years. That seems "slow" to me, but likely everyone did what Jericho did and assumed he had his fathers quieter demeanor. Plus as it's been speculated he might have had a milder form of Fragile X, so it wouldn't be as noticable.

Source – PWInsider.com

WWE has put a media ban on their superstars for the next three weeks. This means that WWE stars can’t do any interviews with any media other than WWE.

Bad idea. Now you'll only have those with an axe to grind out there.

DRUNKEN BENOIT FAN ARRESTED IN GEORGIA

Georgia newspaper The Citizen is reporting that 45 year old Teresa Kimbrell of South Carolina, identified by the newspaper as a Chris Benoit fan, was arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct this afternoon after she attempted to talk to a neighbor living near the Benoit home. The neighbor, sensing Kimbrell was intoxicated, ignored her, only to be struck with rocks that were thrown at him. It was noted that fans have come to the Benoit home to leave a small memorial in honor of the tragic end to the family over the weekend.