TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

WWE.com's Smackdown preview is saying: "Edge tells WWE.com he will have a major announcement concerning the World Championship on SmackDown."

The World Heavyweight Title is passed around like Bischoff's wife.

Title Rankings by Importance, now:

1. WWE Title

2. United States Title

3. Women's Title

4. World Heavyweight Title

5. Intercontinental Title

6. ECW World Title

7. World Tag Team Titles

8. WWE Tag Team Titles

9. Cruiserweight Title

It seems rather predictable that Kane will win the title and face Mark Henry at GAB.

Would that get people talking live Alverez stated? Probably not.

Guest Kesh

I dont quite understand what he means by "get people talking"

talking like getting a buzz amongst the wrestling community/excited about it?

or

talking like complaining?

Chris Jericho!

As awesome as that would be, I'd rather see Jericho take over Cena's title, and have Cena chase Jericho.

or

I'm expecting the usual complaints but also a sense of a "surprise for the sake of a surprise" reaction. If this was Russo, I'd expect Eugene to win. This is WWE, so I'll give them a little more credit and say Chavo wins.

Chris Jericho!

As awesome as that would be, I'd rather see Jericho take over Cena's title, and have Cena chase Jericho.

Yeah but is Jericho even in ring shape? I mean, he looks like he's dropped a lot of mass (the bulk of what he had anyway) during his hiatus. Plus, when was the last time that he was in the ring?

or

I'm expecting the usual complaints but also a sense of a "surprise for the sake of a surprise" reaction. If this was Russo, I'd expect Eugene to win. This is WWE, so I'll give them a little more credit and say Chavo wins.

If Chavo wins I guess he will suffer from Rey Mysterio syndrome? BTW, I guess that would make him the FIRST EVER, Cruiserweight and World heavyweight champion, simultaneously. Probably is, don't they contradict themselves?

Also, lost in all this guessing game of WHO the superstar is, how long is Edge gonna be out? Will he be out as long as Undertaker?

i know it sounds nutty but i am gonna say CM Punk

I was gonna say that too, but they already have an advertised match and program with Nitro for the ECW title. If Punk leaves ECW, I really don't know what to say anymore.

well it could happen, no one said WWE wouldnt change the card up, i would mark for a Punk World Title Run, hes easily the most top 5 over guy in WWE

From pwinsider, via rajah.com:

Candidates to win the title on this week’s edition of SmackDown are Mark Henry, Batista, or Matt Hardy. WWE could bring Rey Mysterio back and put the strap back on him immediately, but that would seem to be the most unlikely to happen.

Would the other two ouside of Batista get us talking? Matt Hardy, I say yes, Henry, maybe.

Instead of vacating the title yet again and doing a battle royal, couldn't they just have Edge job the belt in relatively quick fashion? It would at least preserve the integrity of the belt somewhat.

What about the chance of HHH "shocking the world" and jumping to SD to win the title?

As Paul Heyman once said: Triple H doesn't work Tuesday's.

Chris Masters.

The WON did say he was in line for a push

Would you rather have him or Big Daddy V as the world champion?

I really don't know to tell you the truth. This would only devalue the title with a JTTS to hold the belt.

Why can't they just put the belt on Kane? I mean, for all that he's given to the WWE, a one day run some years ago is the best they can do? Come on, now.

Sorry, I've just always liked Kane and I feel like he should get a chance for at least a... i dunno... month or two run with the belt before Mark Henery is even considered.

Why can't they just put the belt on Kane? I mean, for all that he's given to the WWE, a one day run some years ago is the best they can do? Come on, now.

Sorry, I've just always liked Kane and I feel like he should get a chance for at least a... i dunno... month or two run with the belt before Mark Henery is even considered.

The pros and cons of Kane's one day title run:

Pro: Zamboni!

Con: There was never a follow-up title reign (as I think a good bit of people thought was going to happen at the time). Also, Kane basically won the match by nefarious heel doings, as it was a First Blood Match and about the only thing on him that could bleed was his exposed arm (and even then I don't think he was the one who actually hit Austin with the winning blow...and if he was, Austin was probably distracted at the time).

Kane's one-day run falls almost straight in the middle of my favorite run of storyline ever (from Dude Love going corporate all the way until SurSer 98 and the night after).

It's times like these when I hate the fact that Smackdown is taped. Not only will there be spoilers everywhere, which I have a lot of trouble ignoring, but the new champion will likely be announced on wwe.com too.

From Alvarez:

It will get people talking, I can tell you that.

I have been sworn to secrecy, but you will see that my statement was, in fact, an understatement.

Sounds like Rey Mysterio.

"Understatement" could be a veiled reference to Rey's height.

It would "get people talking" because of his connection to Benoit's doctor as O.G.

I know Rey is a hot issue right now, but would him winning really be a moment that got people talking? In my mind, only a returning superstar like Rock or Jericho or a super-over midcarder like Matt Hardy would be something that would interest people enough to get Alvarez to say that.

Since the topic of this title being "cursed" is brought up, let's look at the previous holders.

Triple H - Handed belt. It's his and even WITH an INJURY still held the belt in 2003.

Shawn Michaels - No idea what he was doing with the belt in the first place.

Goldberg - Out of WWE, never happy with the direction of his character. Also, title run flopped.

Chris Benoit - We know enough about him already.

Randy Orton - I still don't know why he, like Michaels, got a one month run, unless it was just to job to HHH.

Batista - Did have a fairly strong intial run with the title. Injury derailed him though.

Kurt Angle - Just put into that position to hold the belt for Rey. Decent match with Taker though.

Rey Mysterio - Dogged by some fans and writers from day one. Title run derailed by injuries.

King Booker - Pretty sucessful run judging by the fact no one expect him to win the title again, made his "King" character over, and was healthy during the run.

Undertaker - Injury derailed title run.

Edge - Injury derailed title run.

Other notables: Eddie Guerrero, schedule to win the title, passes away. Kennedy, gets injured before getting his chance at the title.

Maybe looking a little deeper at this, this title may have some form on "jinx" on it.

So it looks like the most sucessful world heavyweight champions thus far have been Triple H, Batista, and Booker T.

BTW, one other name I'd add to the list of who might get the strap tonight, FINLAY! Also, didn't keller mention a top WWE star sent home. So that could rule out Rey.

Rey Rey is a walking stigma right now and would be the stupidest thing they could do. I would think the way to prove you don't give the title to guys who roided themselves into bigger shape is to give it to someone who didn't do such a thing.

Mark Henry is naturally strong and is a big man so I'll say he's got to be a favorite. Matt Hardy would be shocking and would get fans talking, but I just don't see that as being a high possibility. Masters already has been the company balloon with his body size changes so I wouldn't think that would be a smart move. Flair would probably be the perfect mark out the crowd guy but he'd have to lose the belt rather quickly. Khali is still a damaged mess and Batista just had the damn thing. Kane is Kane.

I'll go with big Mark as well. Plus him being outspoken against steroids and the fact he's been with the company since forever would be perfect. Course he's also a favorite to suffer another damn injury.