TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

I liked Kane once.....then he took his mask off and cut off his hair and well since then it hasn't been the same.

Wait a minute. Out of control Kane with the towel on his head right after he lost the mask was a great character. You can blame Shane-O-Mac for taking all of the momentum out of that one. That was the most over Kane had been since Wrestlemania 14.

I liked Kane once.....then he took his mask off and cut off his hair and well since then it hasn't been the same.

Wait a minute. Out of control Kane with the towel on his head right after he lost the mask was a great character. You can blame Shane-O-Mac for taking all of the momentum out of that one. That was the most over Kane had been since Wrestlemania 14.

That's a good point I remember enjoying when he hooked up Shane's balls to the battery that was humerous......yet of course Shane McMahon had to win and do his no selling shit per usual.....have I mentioned how much I dislike Shane McMahon?

"Yeah, Edge gets hurt a lot. What do you expect from a guy who specialized for years in falling off ladders?"

Christian bumped just as much (both did more spots than bumps in those bouts) in those bouts and has remained healthy. Jeff's been a drug addict and has still suffered from less injuries. Matt Hardy has had, IIRC, one bad injury. The Dudleys were taking repeated crushing shots to the neck area way before they even got into those matches. Don't blame the ladder. Edge is in injury prone. Why? I dunno. Just giving my opinion, but...

I tack Edge's shitty luck from

1) Taking Steroids, as it has been proven he has.

2) Working with high-impact wrestlers like Benoit, Angle, and Guerrero in lengthy programs and getting his shit fucked up.

3) Not adding enough muscle mass on.

I tack Edge's shitty luck from

1) Taking Steroids, as it has been proven he has.

3) Not adding enough muscle mass on.

Um... those two are contradictory. Especially since Edge was the most muscular of all the participants in the old TLC affairs.

Taking steroids and adding muscle mass are not the same thing.

That's like saying rape and sleeping with your girlfriend are similar. One is an illegal and cheap way to do things. One is the right way.

And the "TLC affairs" is not MY theory, bro. No one else in those matches suffers from the string of physical luck that Edge does.

I think that a combination of working guys that were stronger and more durable in grueling bouts to elevate his character over and over again, combined with early prescribed steroid use, and lack of proper muscular development have left the 30-something Adam Copeland injury prone. How many titles has he forfeited now? How many extended breaks has he had now?

here's to a speedy recovery for Edge, Survivor Series will be the PPV of returns

Here, here. I'll miss Edge. He's definitely my second favorite heel next to Kennedy.

What was the bump that caused the injury? I saw nothing that looked remotely awkward or severe during the segment. Maybe he tore it doing those overblown trumpet motions in the beginning?

The thing I wonder is this. Are they serious about giving Khali anything resembling a real title run? I'm assuming Kane is in the match to job on Sunday, nothing else makes sense (then again I thought he was merely the 3rd man jobbing at Armageddon 2003, but Goldberg lost). Why not just give the belt to Kane for a month or so and job him to whomever?

Batista almost has to win the title at SS though. If he gets another shot and loses he really is the new Luger. In fact a Khali vs. Batista match at SS has disturbing echoes of Yoko vs. Luger. Do they not realize that after Cena wiped the mat with Khali that you can't exactly push this man again and have it be taken seriously?

Man, if Lashley wins at the PPV they would end up with him, Khali, and Morrison/Nitro with titles at the same time. Have there ever been 3 more unover guys with belts?

What was the bump that caused the injury? I saw nothing that looked remotely awkward or severe during the segment. Maybe he tore it doing those overblown trumpet motions in the beginning?

The WWE has sent down a new rule.....no quick or spastic movements.

Do they not realize that after Cena wiped the mat with Khali that you can't exactly push this man again and have it be taken seriously?

No, they don't. Either that or they think all their fans have the same attention span as the guy from Memento and just won't remember.

I wouldn't say that, after all Finlay is still around. I'd say it's more accurate that you have one BIG reason not to watch Smackdown now.

Re: 10 month "bomb" by Coach

Usually when they acknowledge the length of a title reign, it ends soon.

See: "The fourth longest reign in WWE Tag Team Title History! Blah blah months..." for Kendrick and London.

See: Shelton's long-ass IC Title reign getting mentioned by exact months by JR and he loses it to Carlito.

See: JBL hyping up his long-ass WWE Title reign from Feb-March 05 as the "longest reign in X years..." and dropping it to Cena.

Also, they started doing a ton of hype for Gregory Helms breaking the Cruiserweight Title record. Soon after, he dropped it.

Coachman: "He is currently in a 10-month reign as WWE Champion..."

I dontthink the titles mean anything anymore and having 3 big ones for all the shows and every ppv has already watered it down even more. All the changes for the SD title makes it look weak although it does crate more top guys, which is what TNA has tried to over the last year I think.

They jumped the gun with the Kennedy injury and it worked out well except for him. When Dave got injured he kept working as champ minimally until he got injured again where he had to drop the title. I thought it was lame to do a battle royal to become champ back then and it's still lame now. I think if Edge is presumed out 4 mos. they could have gone max maybe 2 and half mos. without wrestling.

The titles dont mean anything to ratings or live events so as long as they have stars on the show, no one would care if the title wasnt defended or if you had the same stars but now you cant even remember all 3 title matches on all the ppvs.

They should have kept it with Edge or done something with Nitro but they didnt. Nitro has/had no credibility as a champ because of the weird circumstances as how he won it and also because it's for a crappy show with only 10 guys in it, half of which are losing jobbers anyway, so having a champ there makes as much sense as a HEat or Velocity world champion.

Edge seemed to be someone who heeded the Wellness policy since he's the only one who seemed to slim down over the last 2 years and has stayed that way. I jus saw the Ladder Match dvd and he was huge compared to now in the 1st MITB, but was smaller by the time he cashed it in. Steroids are supposedly helpful in muscle growth and injuries recovery and pain if you're larger but not for tears involving tendons and ligaments. So Edge seems to be injury prone either way. He also seemed to be the only guy the last 5 years who was moved to the top where you didnt think "that's exactly the type of guy who I expect wwe to push" before and since.

Basically I'm saying having the title vacant or dormant is less damaging then all these title switches.

Guest christophemagnifique
I have no reason to watch Smackdown! now.

When I found out Edge had won the title, I knew I had to watch Smackdown that week.

Knowing what's going to happen this week is the complete opposite. I'll definitely watch Smackdown again in the future, but this week I'm switching off in protest.

I'm no big fan of Kane, Batista, Henry etc, but at least all three have some credibility. Khali has none whatsoever. this is the worst thing they could possibly do to the Blue Brand. I'd rather Eugene was champion than Khali. I'd rather Domino was champ. The guy is the shits.

... so having a champ there makes as much sense as a HEat or Velocity world champion.

I'm thinking Val Venis for that one.

They could probably bring back the old European Title belt and just tape over "European Title" with masking tape, and write in HEAT CHAMP with a permanent marker.

This does indeed suck...

But I definetly agree with the notion that the SmackDown! Six era of SmackDown! is Catching up with the ones that are still with us..

Rey Mysterio- Knees gone....More contributed to his style...But that era didnt do him any favors

Kurt Angle- Neck Gone...Was gone before...but as with Rey that period was rough for all these guys

Chavo- Probably the most Physically healthy out of all of them...Probably has the worst Mental health for obvious reason..wasnt a main eventer afterwards though..

Edge- Workhorse for the past 2 years....Probably has a lot of injuries

I remember a lot of people saying these guys were gonna be worse off a few years down the road after being the hardest worked guys in the company for that period in time

That's like saying rape and sleeping with your girlfriend are similar. One is an illegal and cheap way to do things. One is the right way.

And the "TLC affairs" is not MY theory, bro. No one else in those matches suffers from the string of physical luck that Edge does.

I think that a combination of working guys that were stronger and more durable in grueling bouts to elevate his character over and over again, combined with early prescribed steroid use, and lack of proper muscular development have left the 30-something Adam Copeland injury prone. How many titles has he forfeited now? How many extended breaks has he had now?

To be fair....No one else has had to work harder than Edge though...The guy has clearly been the hardest working guy on the roster for the past couple years

"The guy has clearly been the hardest working guy on the roster for the past couple years"

Uh, what? John Cena has worked so many more dates, big matches, and title prorgams due to, you know, being healthy. Chris Benoit, aside from his brief sabattical last year, also had a killer schedule, pun intended. Edge has been on the DL a few times, missed PPV appearences he was announced for due to injury (Unforgiven 04, Taboo Tuesday 05), dropped titles, and for many shows, was confined to a talk-show segment dealie. Hardest working, my ass.

To be fair....No one else has had to work harder than Edge though...The guy has clearly been the hardest working guy on the roster for the past couple years

Cue the guy who says Edge's hardwork never got him a push and fucking Lita did more for his career than any so called "work" he ever did.....

Now Edge is my favorite wrestler but I know someone is out there thinking that.

"The guy has clearly been the hardest working guy on the roster for the past couple years"

Uh, what? John Cena has worked so many more dates, big matches, and title prorgams due to, you know, being healthy. Chris Benoit, aside from his brief sabattical last year, also had a killer schedule, pun intended. Edge has been on the DL a few times, missed PPV appearences he was announced for due to injury (Unforgiven 04, Taboo Tuesday 05), dropped titles, and for many shows, was confined to a talk-show segment dealie. Hardest working, my ass.

I think Edge was definetly WWE MVP last year...

And to Edge's favor...John Cena never worked as hard as Edge or the Other guys who headlined SmackDown! in 2003...like i stated before none of those guys were a picture of good health now...and Chris Benoit was obviously a different kind of person...Wrestling was his Mistress you know

Cue the guy who says Edge's hardwork never got him a push and fucking Lita did more for his career than any so called "work" he ever did.....

And what did Screwing Steph get HHH?

And what did Screwing Steph get HHH?

Well he was already at that level. They just kept him there.

Well, it sorta did. Would Edge be a multiple-time World Champ by virtue of being arguably the top heel in the company had he not? Would his heel turn have been as effective without the real life circumstances behind it?

That's not to say his hard work got him nothing, but the deal w/ Lita certainly gave his career a huge boost.

They should have Kennedy squash him for the title, then Edge finds out that actually his injury wasn't that bad and he could wrestle again in a couple of weeks.