TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi 7/24

At least I hope this hometown "15 minutes of fame" gimmick by Morrison leads to a debut of a developmental. Mike Knox is supposedly being repackaged and close to a re-debut. I wonder if we're not supposed to recognize him, as unfortunatley is the case with Big Daddy V/Viscera.

ECW needs 4-5 additions to their roster.

It's pretty obvious the only reason Punk isn't getting mic time is the fact he would destroy Nitro.

Stevie has one match and he already pulls off Punk offense better than Punk ever has in ECW so far.

It's pretty obvious the only reason Punk isn't getting mic time is the fact he would destroy Nitro.

Stevie has one match and he already pulls off Punk offense better than Punk ever has in ECW so far.

Stevie has more time to learn KENTA's move set to steal it.

Aren't Stevie Richards and NOVA both road agents for WWE well I'm sure Stevie spent many an hour with NOVA on the road to discuss what works.

They should hire that Brody lookalike.

I belive that was Kafu from APW, not sure who the other guy is though.

WWE management especially Steph isn't very fond of Punk.......there's about 4 guys on that roster they think higher of than him....

What four guys would that be? Proof? Source?

I know they like Burke and Cor Von more...looks like Morrison has moved ahead of him also.....I should have put Punk's 4th not that 4 guys were ahead of him.

It was on several sites credited to the observer awhile back that Burke and Cor Von were much higher thought of than Punk.

I guess that explains why Burke jobs to Punk in EVERY match they have and why Cor Von hasn't been on TV since he jobbed to Punk about a month ago.

When a show is full of heels you can only push one at a time.....but Punk is the one jobbing in the high profile matches.....

If they hated him so much like you insist they do, they wouldn't put him in the spot to begin with.

Did you ever consider he's the number one guy BY DEFAULT, not because they are so high on him? If Punk really was thought high of, the finishes to both matches he had with Nitro would have been much more schmozy, or not clean as they were. Plus on top of it, the guy was made to look like a chump last week on ECW by Morrison in the angle at the end of the show. Normally, you would think that means Punk goes over on the ppv, but instead he jobbed out EXTREMELY weak. I can think of a handful of other jobs they had Punk do that were just blantantly ridiculous, considering they apparently wanted to push this guy, or currently were. If they had faith in him, they'd give him the mic and let him have at it. They have no faith in anyone else on the face side, Punk included, Benoit was SUPPOSED to be that saving grace for the babyface side. To state Punk hasnt had or even still does have heat in the locker room and that it doesnt convert to treatment in a push is showing your ignorance towards the situation. Yeah, they will put him in a "sell tickets" position to a degree, but they won't pull the trigger completely. This has happened so many times in the past in WWE to guys that the fans respond to incredibly, but politicis get in the way, that all of us should know the formula by now....

Anyway, enjoyed the show tonight, Stevie got a win over Thorn (who I cannot stand) but dont expect miracles here, guys, he might get a nice program with Thorn or something, but thats probably it. This Miz nonsense is ridiculous, I can't tell if they are trying to have him heel up or what, but then the next thing we know the girls are oogling over him, which normally means they want him as a face. Confusing character development there. Im probably in the minority, but I thought the Big Daddy V squash match was GREAT. If its going to be a squash match, it might as well be something like that. The tag match was alright, nothing that special but fun. Punk looked tremendous at the end there in the win, intense offense there. Burke sold that G2S like a fucking superstar there as well. Oh, and can we be more creative than having another hometown challenge angle?

At least I hope this hometown "15 minutes of fame" gimmick by Morrison leads to a debut of a developmental. Mike Knox is supposedly being repackaged and close to a re-debut. I wonder if we're not supposed to recognize him, as unfortunatley is the case with Big Daddy V/Viscera.

Yes they definately do. The roster is paper-thin right now to say the least. I would imagine Cor Von has to be returning soon, and I'm torn on if he should return as a face or heel. Probably a face, setting up a feud with Burke.

Yes they definately do. The roster is paper-thin right now to say the least. I would imagine Cor Von has to be returning soon, and I'm torn on if he should return as a face or heel. Probably a face, setting up a feud with Burke.

Call up the Hart Foundation, move Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang and a repackaged Val Venis. I'd love to see Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Hass there but that's too much and there is no tag division. Dave Legana supposedly wants Matt Sydal bad so we'll see about that.

I do think they are slow in pulling the trigger on Punk for obvious reasons but I also get the feeling they legitimately see something in him chasing the title. I think this is a 'prove you are a company man' period which is total bullshit but they operate that way. I still think there is resentment over the CM Punk chants during the DX intro at Survivor Series. I think it's obvious to them that he's "the face" of ECW, they screw with it, but it's still the case. I think he's proving himself to be a good company spokesman in the media and I still think he'll end up with a title run thanks to the whole Straight Edge thing in the aftermath of the Benoit story.

I'm not losing out hope for this John Morrison gimmick. He's no Raven, that's for sure but I think he'll stop sounding so robotic and pick up the character more. He's an example of someone that could use a mouthpiece to sell a story and then give him the mic just to rattle off something poetic while looking like a rock star.

I'm digging John Morrison, but I am not digging the more-than-obvious observation that ECW is just not given a damns worth of attention. They hope to keep this show going long-term? Not with a roster of 8, not at all.

I could've sworn that the non-Brody jobber to Big Daddy V was the same jobber to John "Don't call me Johnny/Jim" Morrison with a different outfit on. I know the roster's thin, but come on now.

i think that guy that got killed with Kafu looked like Phoenix Star or Zokre from PWG sans the mask, and the guy Morrison squashed was the 2nd half of Phoenix Star/Zokre tag team

Punk looked a lot better there than at the GAB. In fact, he always seems to shine more on TV than PPV. But yeah, Stevie does out-KENTA Punk, and I marked out for his win as well (Styles selling it made it perfect). Too bad he'll probably job to Thorn next week.

EDIT: Nevermind, already said a dozen times. Must read thread before posting. Stop over-reacting to everything that happens, pro or con in Punk's career like he's RVD or something. Thank you.

Edited by King Cucaracha

i think that guy that got killed with Kafu looked like Phoenix Star or Zokre from PWG sans the mask, and the guy Morrison squashed was the 2nd half of Phoenix Star/Zokre tag team

Yea Phoenix Starr was the guy getting owned by V, Zokre was the other guy......

I like how Kafu is a pretty good sized looking guy when working on the indies.......he didn't look big at all in that match.

I know I've been calling for call ups from OVW for a while now to the RAW and Smackdown roster, but ECW could really use them. Didn't the E say that they were using ECW as a new developmental ground? Surely it would make sense to move some of these OVW guys up to the ECW roster.

ECW could definatley benefit from a couple of call ups. Hell, bring up Colt Cabana so at least Punk has someone to team up with, and have Dreamer spend all of his time jobbing in the mid-card like he should

bring back the bWo!!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Punk/Stevie fued, but you know damn well they will never push Stevie.

I feel like I watch the same show every week. Other then Stevie's win and Kelly Kelly's new tits, everything was the same as usual.

Have they ever discussed how matches are decided? With no GM in place do they just bypass it with both wrestlers agreeing to a match? Didn't Morrison say Punk will not receive any more chances? Will they get around that by Punk pissing him off enough to give him one more chance?