TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers

*Christian Cage vs. Abyss has been added to the Hard Justice PPV.

*Former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin debuted as a babyface, helping Abyss and Sting defeat AJ Styles and Christian Cage in a ladder match.

*Martin isn't using the Test name due to WWE copyrights, so he's being called "The Punisher" Andrew Martin.

*Announced for the Hard Justice PPV willl be a "Doomsday Chamber of Blood" match, featuring a steel cage with a barbed wire top. The competitors cannot lose until they are bleeding and the winner will get a title shot at the No Surrender PPV.

When more complete spoilers come out, they can be posted here.

*Christian Cage vs. Abyss has been added to the Hard Justice PPV.

*Former WWE star Andrew "Test" Martin debuted as a babyface, helping Abyss and Sting defeat AJ Styles and Christian Cage in a ladder match.

*Martin isn't using the Test name due to WWE copyrights, so he's being called "The Punisher" Andrew Martin.

*Announced for the Hard Justice PPV willl be a "Doomsday Chamber of Blood" match, featuring a steel cage with a barbed wire top. The competitors cannot lose until they are bleeding and the winner will get a title shot at the No Surrender PPV.

sigh

Wow, I wonder if Test is the former "World" (as in World Tag Team) Champion they were talking about?

Also, wasn't there talk that he legally changed his name to Andrew Test Martin, and that's how he could use the name on the indy scene (prior to joining the new ECW)?

Well on the plus side we can now get that boring ass double clone match between Lance Hoyt and Test that we've all been dreaming of for so, so many years. :rolleyes:

Came across this on Gerweck:

Week One (Airs 8/2):

- Jim Cornette announces Cage & Styles vs. Abyss & Sting in a ladder match. If Cage's team wins they no longer have to deal with Abyss but if Abyss' team wins he gets Cage in any match he wants at Hard Justice.

- Kurt Angle is shown arriving to the building with his wife and daughter. He makes his wife carry all his titles and bags.

(1) Team 3D d. Chris Harris & Eric Young. Dustin Rhodes attacked Harris which led to 3D pinning Young after a spiked piledriver.

- Angle berates his family backstage.

(2) Chris Daniels & Senshi d. Black Machismo & Sonjay Dutt. Sabin & Shelley looked on from ringside.

- Kurt Angle visits with Dr. Nash. He accuses his wife of looking at Nash's package.

(3) Abyss & Sting d. Christian Cage & AJ Styles in a ladder match. Tomko attacked Abyss as he was climbing the ladder but Test debuted making the save.

Week Two (Airs 8/9):

- Cornette announces Sting, The Punisher Andrew Martin and Abyss vs Christian Cage, Tomko and AJ Styles in a Barbwire Cage match at Hard Justice.

(1) Devon and Kip James d. Homicide & Rick Steiner. Said to have been awful.

(2) Robert Roode, James Storm and Raven d. Kazarian, Chris Harris and Rhino in a House of Fun match.

- Samoa Joe comes to the ring with Karen Angle and rips on Kurt until he comes out. He begs for Karen to take him back. Team 3D hit the ring and attack Joe. They want the tag titles. Angle joins in and it's a 3 on 1 beat down until the Steiners make the save.

Xplosion / TNA Today:

(1) Sabin & Shelley d. Black Machismo & Petey Williams.

(2) Hernandez d. Lance Hoyt.

I do enjoy Sting's stuff for the most part, but I'll be damned if Kevin Nash isn't the most consistent player in TNA as far as delivering what is expected from him.

Wow. That looks really awful.

Looks like a company with no direction and a WCW-esq death.

If Cage's team wins they no longer have to deal with Abyss but if Abyss' team wins he gets Cage in any match he wants at Hard Justice.

- Cornette announces Sting, The Punisher Andrew Martin and Abyss vs Christian Cage, Tomko and AJ Styles in a Barbwire Cage match at Hard Justice.

So, this is what Abyss wanted as per his VICTORY?

Again, no direction.

Are we sure Abyss thought up a bizarre match like that, or did Russo counsel this man before the TV taping? Cause a mongloid fool like Abyss could hardly come up with something so overbooked and intricate. Wouldn't Abyss just want a violent hardcore brawl with Christian so he could slam him on tacks and broken glass?

The Karen Angle stuff is really, really weird. The sad part of it is that since this is Russo I know exactly where it is going. At the PPV Karen will be there seemingly to support Joe, but then turns on Joe to rejoin Kurt and Angle wins all the gold. Is there ANYONE who read those spoilers that didn't think this immediately?

So... all those promises of a mystery Former World Champion showing up were a complete lie. What a shock. Fuck you, TNA.

There could be something from the backstage stuff that we didn't see, although I highly doubt they'd debut any former champions in a backstage skit (unless it's in a hype package deal).

The Doomsday cage match doesn't sound overbooked...it's a barbed wire cage match. Should also be eons better than the lame one that JBL and Big Show had 2 1/2 years ago.

Anyone read the more specific spoilers? The ones at WO said that in hour 2 Cornette comes out with Matt Morgan, but that's the only mention of him.

The Doomsday cage match doesn't sound overbooked...it's a barbed wire cage match. Should also be eons better than the lame one that JBL and Big Show had 2 1/2 years ago.

No, it's going to be rather overbooked. To be defeated, that person has to be bleeding and whoever gets the victory gets a title shot at...some point in the future. It sounds incredibly stupid to me.

No, it's going to be rather overbooked. To be defeated, that person has to be bleeding and whoever gets the victory gets a title shot at...some point in the future. It sounds incredibly stupid to me.

They did that stipulation before in the Nashville days (IIRC it was something like the New Church and the ECW guys against S.E.X.), so it's hardly anything new (and if memory serves, that was a decent brawl).

There's nothing overbooked about it. Those matches are made for people to bleed anyways, so they're just selling the gore factor. Also, the title shot was stated as coming at No Surrender, not one of those phantom #1 contender deals.

If anything, this sounds like one of the least clusterfuck matches they could have/have had. Not to mention that we've got four competent workers, and one who hasn't been so bad in recent times (Tomko) involved.

I do think it's stupid to have it as the main event, though. Has nobody at TNA noticed that the buyrates inevitably go down when the main event is a tag-team match or something where the heavyweight belt isn't on the line?

Where does it say that the match is the main event?

I'm all for the match, it doesn't sound overbooked at all. It's a barbed wire cage match with a different, albeit stupid, name.

The Karen Angle stuff sounds stupid.

Wheres my former champion? Test? Please. But we all judged TNA when they brought Tomko in and he's suprised us all. I'm not saying The Punisher will, but we'll see. Speaking of his name, won't Marvel have something to say about this?

Saying that, the matches look really good on paper apart from the tag match that was said to be awful.

Well, Nash was in the Punisher movie, maybe he got 'em a deal on the name. (Though I doubt it, considering that Marvel has been a real bitch about always getting their money for HULK Hogan over the past two decades.)

And upon further review, looks like Kurt vs. Joe Part 33 & 1/3rd will probably be the main. Jesus, why don't they ever feud these guys against anyone else?

Well, Nash was in the Punisher movie, maybe he got 'em a deal on the name. (Though I doubt it, considering that Marvel has been a real bitch about always getting their money for HULK Hogan over the past two decades.)

And upon further review, looks like Kurt vs. Joe Part 33 & 1/3rd will probably be the main. Jesus, why don't they ever feud these guys against anyone else?

Because at this present moment in time, there the number one face and the number on heel. It would have been a better fued had they not blown their wad on 3 matches on 3 consecutive PPVs.

TNAwrestlingnews.com is saying that Matt Morgan debuted as Jim Cornettes bodyguard.

And I'm guessing that there playing The Punisher off as a former World Champion being that he was a tag team champion. They did the same thing to hype the Harris/Storm KOTM qualifier. It's pretty stupid.

It could have been worse IMO. It could have been Dan Severn, David Arquette or Justin Credible. Test at least is relevant in wrestling having wrestled for the ECW title just a few months ago.

TNAwrestlingnews.com is saying that Matt Morgan debuted as Jim Cornettes bodyguard.

Awesome, nice to see a throwback to OVW with the affiliation. Hopefully Cornette doesn't let him get booked like a chump and Morgan can finally make something of himself. Guy had all the potential in the world before, then WWE threw him on TV with no buildup (as Heyman's flunky) or as a stuttering fool (with Carlito).

Awesome, nice to see a throwback to OVW with the affiliation. Hopefully Cornette doesn't let him get booked like a chump and Morgan can finally make something of himself. Guy had all the potential in the world before, then WWE threw him on TV with no buildup (as Heyman's flunky) or as a stuttering fool (with Carlito).

I'm not hopeful. They looked to be going in the right direction with Basham and Damaja but I haven't seen them in quite some time. Instead Hoyt is now the focus of the feud and of the three, he's the worst worker. It's a damn shame, I love Damaja.

Are we sure Abyss thought up a bizarre match like that, or did Russo counsel this man before the TV taping? Cause a mongloid fool like Abyss could hardly come up with something so overbooked and intricate. Wouldn't Abyss just want a violent hardcore brawl with Christian so he could slam him on tacks and broken glass?

That would make sense. TNA knows what will make sense, because they always do the exact opposite of it.

The Karen Angle stuff is really, really weird. The sad part of it is that since this is Russo I know exactly where it is going. At the PPV Karen will be there seemingly to support Joe, but then turns on Joe to rejoin Kurt and Angle wins all the gold. Is there ANYONE who read those spoilers that didn't think this immediately?

A pro wrestlers wife threatens to leave him and take the kids, and he goes all crazy on her. Didn't something like that happen in the news recently?

I'm not hopeful. They looked to be going in the right direction with Basham and Damaja but I haven't seen them in quite some time. Instead Hoyt is now the focus of the feud and of the three, he's the worst worker. It's a damn shame, I love Damaja.

It was in the WON last week that Damaja flaked out on TNA, no-showing the tapings before the last PPV. So he looks to be done, leaving Basham holding the bag so to speak.

Putting Morgan, Basham and Rob Conway in a stable helmed by Cornette could be all kinds of good, but I don't want to see any heel authority figure type deals going on.

What would that stable of guys do that would be of any use? Morgan is okay, haven't seen enough of his work to really know what he can do (I wasn't watching OVW during his run). I did actually meet the guy at a Hooters though, along with Shannon Moore and Luther Reigns, haha.

The problem that a lot of these ex OVW guys have in TNA is that they are such unspectacular workers in a promotion where you either need to be a well known WWE (or WCW, ECW) guy or an awesome in ring talent. Guys like Doug Basham, Rob Conway....they're just bland as fuck and bring little to the table.

Didn't The Undertaker have a gimmick early in his career called "The Punisher" Dice Morgan? Why not give this gimmick to Matt Morgan now since the last name is at least appropriate?

Hey, at least we get a repackaging of Test out of it. The guy has needed one desperately since about 2002.