TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

Does anyone know who this "Umanga" is of whom Regal speaks?

I just wonder if he's related to this "Ceener" that Tazzwell was talking about last night.

Regal always mispronounces any name that's vaguely mispronounceable.

Ironically, Umaga's correct pronunciation is actually Umanga.

Not to worry, we're just five days away from the return of Triple Haitch.

This bugs me.

That's how you should pronounce it.

What's next, pronouncing Triple as "Treble"? Treble Haitch?

British people talk funny, eh?

Triple is the right word, and H is pronounced 'haitch', not 'aitch'. That's just how certain countries pronounce words.

I have no explanation for Umanga though.

Triple is the right word, and H is pronounced 'haitch', not 'aitch'. That's just how certain countries pronounce words.

No, it's how some Brits pronounce that word. Nobody else does.

Actually, i don't mean to piss on all you believe up north, but it's pronounced "aitch". People who say "Haitch" usually have the argument "but it makes a huhhhh sound... so it's huhhhaitch". My nan was a voice coach for quite a few years and she she battered me with a rolling pin when i said "haitch". Hate to say it, but the yanks have this one right.

Regal's just fucking with everyone.

Or if you were reading the alphabet, would you pronounce it 'ay-tch' as a single letter?

Yes. That's how the majority of English-speaking people pronounce it.

Actually, i don't mean to piss on all you believe up north, but it's pronounced "aitch". People who say "Haitch" usually have the argument "but it makes a huhhhh sound... so it's huhhhaitch". My nan was a voice coach for quite a few years and she she battered me with a rolling pin when i said "haitch". Hate to say it, but the yanks have this one right.

Regal's just fucking with everyone.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Sorry, I just re-watched that over the weekend. It's been running in my head ever since.

--In the useless trivia department, between 2000 and 2007, the two wrestlers with the most victories on PPV are John Cena and HHH, both with 30. Either can take the lead based on results on Sunday. Well, we can expect HHH going over. Cena, not as much of a lock. Undertaker and Kurt Angle each have 29, Chris Benoit with 27, Edge with 20 and Chris Jericho with 19 round out the leaders.

As useless trivia goes, it's interesting.

--In the useless trivia department, between 2000 and 2007, the two wrestlers with the most victories on PPV are John Cena and HHH, both with 30. Either can take the lead based on results on Sunday. Well, we can expect HHH going over. Cena, not as much of a lock. Undertaker and Kurt Angle each have 29, Chris Benoit with 27, Edge with 20 and Chris Jericho with 19 round out the leaders.

As useless trivia goes, it's interesting.

Do you also have the biggest jobber on pay per view from 2000-2007?

Nevermind Mark Henry. He's at least been entertaining at times with his humiliating gimmicks. But can anyone possibly explain how MABEL of all people could still be employed in mainstream wrestling in the year 2007?

Sexual Chocolate aaaand... what FEELS like anywhere between 10-20 years of the same, mind-numbingly boring World Strongest Man 'big guy who's really strong and mean and stuff and he, like, likes to hurt people, coz did we mention he's mean and he gives people injuries, coz he's so powerful and big and stuff.' cliché? Oh and let's not forget the nice guy World's Strongest Man 'big guy who's really strong but has a human side and helps out the faces and can tip over cars with the help of some editing on a pre-recorded show of course'

So, basically, only one gimmick that was entertaining? Yeah?

I keep hearing that on this board, but how is the correct pronunciation, "You-manga"? There's no N in Umaga.

Can someone explain what happened to obsessedwithwrestling.com? The original design and look is now under a new name with the obsessed domain is now called v 2.0.

Did I miss something here? Is one site an imposter over another?

Can someone explain what happened to obsessedwithwrestling.com? The original design and look is now under a new name with the obsessed domain is now called v 2.0.

There was a dispute of some kind between the person who ran the original site and the person who owned the domain name. They were friends and had a falling out over something.

There was a dispute of some kind between the person who ran the original site and the person who owned the domain name. They were friends and had a falling out over something.

Thanks HTQ, you seem to be full of knowledge today, that's not to say you never did. :D

Thanks HTQ, you seem to be full of knowledge today, that's not to say you never did. :D

And because I'm bored...

IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR OBSESSED WITH WRESTLING.COM

If you've ever used OWW as a reference for your work, your hobby, or to fill some personal leisure time - please take a minute to read the following notice and post it on your respective websites, myspaces pages, message boards, blogs, etc etc etc and help get the word out about this important change in one of the biggest wrestling websites on the internet.

Press Release: May 6, 2007

Effective immediately:

NEW WEBSITE NAME: The Online World of Wrestling

NEW WEBSITE URL: http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com

NEW WEBSITE EMAIL: [email protected]

Several years ago during OWW's infancy, I allowed someone who claimed to be my "friend" to purchase the Obsessedwithwrestling.com domain name for me because I was TOO CHEAP to do it myself. I accepted his seemingly gracious offer without thinking of future ramifications that might possibly arise. Four years later that misallocation of trust has bitten me right on the arse. This so-called "friend" always assured me that if I ever wanted to take control of the OWW domain name he would hand it over to me no questions asked. He said, and I quote "I didn't purchased to the domain for you to some day hold it hostage." Well as OWW evolved into a world wide internet phenomenon this idiot developed a false sense of self-importance. Several months ago I finally asked him to relinquish control of the domain and wouldn't ya know it the dumb bastard turned heel on me and decided to hold it hostage.

Taking control of the domain was required for an important business arrangement that I was working on with a company in California called Black Pants Inc. Not being able to secure ownership of the domain name that he purchased (but I built) was putting the deal in serious jeopardy. Negotiations continued between myself and BPI and thankfully they did not hold this minor speed bump against me. They modified their proposal and we implemented a new strategy for taking "OWW" to the next level. We purchased a new domain name and renamed the site to "Online World of Wrestling."

It's unfortunate that one egomaniac tried to stand in the way of OWW's growth and development, but fortunately for everyone else, the world's greatest wrestling website will continue to thrive under a new and improved moniker. Personally, I prefer the new name over the old name, as it sounds a heck of a lot more professional. Plus we get to keep the "OWW" initials!

Thank you to everyone for their continued support, and I encourage everyone to help spread the word about these changes on all your respective websites, message boards, and chat rooms. Feel free to post this press release in your public forum of choice or forward it to all your wrestling fan friends.

Be sure to update your bookmarks (on your browser), address books (in your email), mailing lists (to which I belong), and web links (on your websites). I have created over 30 new banners which can be used on your websites and whatnot.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/oww/linkexchange.html

To all the wonderful radio shows that I have worked with over the years, please help by broadcasting this news to all your listeners for the next several weeks – unfortunately your promotional ads will have to be updated.

For everybody who regularly contributes content to the website please make sure you send items to the new email address or your valuable input will be lost somewhere in cyberspace. The new address is [email protected] - should be easy to remember!

It's going to take some time to remove all remnants of the old name from the website, so I call upon you, the reader, to keep your eye open and please email me at [email protected] if you see an image or some text that needs to be updated. For example the "Obsessed With Wrestling Hall of Fame" has been renamed to the "Online World of Wrestling Hall of Fame" - and the splash page and top banner has been redesigned.

God bless you all for your support and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Together we can make sure the Online World of Wrestling takes over right where Obsessed With Wrestling left off. It will take a few months to re-establish our reputation with Google and all the other search engines. Even before this announcement was made public, the new domain was beginning to show up on randon Google searches. That's a good sign! I am confident that OWW's popularity will make for a very smooth transition. Thank you for your time and I look forward to going into the future with you!

Brad Dykens (Editor & Chief - www.OnlineWorldOfWrestling.com)

TWO CAMEOS ON RAW

The person playing the fake Triple H was "Confederate Currency" Chris Hamrick. Hamrick was a member of the original ECW in 2000-2001 as the leader of the stable Hot Commodity, with Julio Dinero, EZ Money, and Elektra.

The fan asking for Santino Marella's autograph was Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz.

I keep hearing that on this board, but how is the correct pronunciation, "You-manga"? There's no N in Umaga.

There's a guy named Tana Umaga, and his is pronounced "Oo-manga" for whatever reason; since there's no other evidence of the name, it's just believed that that's how it's to be pronounced.

And vengeance is ours for having Gewirtz go on national TV and compliment Santino "Don't call me Joey" Marella's cock.

Marcus Cor Von is currently on a leave of absence from WWE. There was a family situation where he was forced to take care of his nieces and nephews due to problems within the family with his sister being unable to do so. He hasn't appeared in a WWE ring since the 6/19 ECW show on Sci fi.

wrestling observer newsletter

Anyone else reminded of the Bernie Mac show?

Marcus Cor Von is currently on a leave of absence from WWE. There was a family situation where he was forced to take care of his nieces and nephews due to problems within the family with his sister being unable to do so. He hasn't appeared in a WWE ring since the 6/19 ECW show on Sci fi.

wrestling observer newsletter

Anyone else reminded of the Bernie Mac show?

I like Bernie Mac but not so much the show. It would have been infinitely better with Monty Brown randomly POUNCING~ the little fruity kid.

TWO CAMEOS ON RAW

The person playing the fake Triple H was "Confederate Currency" Chris Hamrick. Hamrick was a member of the original ECW in 2000-2001 as the leader of the stable Hot Commodity, with Julio Dinero, EZ Money, and Elektra.

The fan asking for Santino Marella's autograph was Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz.

I knew it! I could swear that looked like Hamrick

Gerwitz is indeed as Foley states in his Hardcore Diaries "A Classic Nerd"

and I love Regals bizzare pronounciations of names. Santino's is rapidly becoming my favorite gimmick, he is an awesome dick heel (but as RD Reynolds says on WrestleCrao Radio, he needs to have that "Mama Mia, That's A Spicy Meatball" lyrics ot star his theme (and yes folks, I'm Italian and that doesn't insult me, mostly cuz Santino is just playing an over the top Italian cariciture and it's funny)