TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

Is it just me, or does anybody else have absolutely zero interest in seeing Mysterio return?

*raises hand*

Apart from him giving Chavo something productive to do which is good and adding another viable name to the roster which is good, the actual fact of seeing Rey back isn't interesting me. I've said plenty about his moveset in the past. That and his obvious health concerns and all... just not interested.

The problem is they'd never move all the women to one brand, but it would seem as if it would make sense to.

All the women to RAW, compensate by moving all the tag teams to SD or something..

Since there are so few women, it would make more sense to have all the women on both shows and just defend the womans title on both shows.

RE: The 8/17/07 SD, does anyone know if the backstage vignette with Vince, Coach, Yang, and Funaki was edited in some markets? As I was watching it, I noticed a flash, as if there had been a splice of some kind. No reviews I read of the show mentioned it, but one review summed up the bit like this:

Jimmy Wang Yang: Hey Vince, I'm your boy!

McMahon: You're not my boy, Coach is my boy. *Awkward look*

Funaki: My mamma love you long time!

Kane: LOL! DAD!

Michael Cole: So Vince spent some time in Japan.

JBL: No wonder Funaki's been here so long.

I specifically did not have Vince's line about Coach being his boy in what I saw, which leads me to believe that at least in my market, it was censored. Does anyone know?

Just a funny side note, Ron Simmons was signing autographs at this Indy show I was at tonight, and I asked him "What was going through your head when you first got to WWF and they told you you were going to dress like Spartacus?" His response to me was "Man, I was just waiting to hear the punch line, and it turned out that they weren't joking!"

Did people ask him to say Damn?

Not really, his only appearence during the show was helping Jerry Lawler judge the Bikini Contest between Christy Hemme and Talia Madison, and he said Damn when he got on the mic.

you should have asked him if there's ever going to be a payoff for the "DAMN" gimmick or if it's going to continue to be beaten to the ground while being unfunny.

you should have asked him if there's ever going to be a payoff for the "DAMN" gimmick or if it's going to continue to be beaten to the ground while being unfunny.

One of my friends asked him if he was ever going to return to the ring, and Ron told him that he was considering it after Summerslam, so it's possible that a Santito vs Ron Simmons match will be the payoff.

Just a funny side note, Ron Simmons was signing autographs at this Indy show I was at tonight, and I asked him "What was going through your head when you first got to WWF and they told you you were going to dress like Spartacus?" His response to me was "Man, I was just waiting to hear the punch line, and it turned out that they weren't joking!"

I actually heard the story on Friday night...and Ron is telling you the truth about that.

According to a list from PWInsider, New Years Revolution has been scrapped from the PPV schedule. With the rumors of Cyber Sunday turning into a 3 hour special the company might be back to 13 PPVs a year.

According to a list from PWInsider, New Years Revolution has been scrapped from the PPV schedule. With the rumors of Cyber Sunday turning into a 3 hour special the company might be back to 13 PPVs a year.

If they're doing tri-branded PPVs, that's the right move. Now get rid of One Night Stand, and there's one PPV per month.

WWE slowly updates their alumini section without ever mentionning it anywhere on their website. Quite frankly, I never thought this guy would ever make the list before the wrestler who inspired the gimmick.

Also, in news that will surely make AndrewTS really happy, Molly Holly is now part of the alumini section as well.

WWE slowly updates their alumini section without ever mentionning it anywhere on their website. Quite frankly, I never thought this guy would ever make the list before the wrestler who inspired the gimmick.

Also, in news that will surely make AndrewTS really happy, Molly Holly is now part of the alumini section as well.

speaking of past wwf/e divas, has anyone seen pics of tammy lately? wow, she's really just shy of sunny shape again. such an improvement from how she was looking last year!

More.jpg

Molly.jpg

MissyMolly.jpg

edit: bah! i just saw the post with tammy's pics elsewhere on the boards, anyways, here's some recent molly pics

I bought the Freddie Blassie, Superstar Graham, and Regal WWE books a week or so back. The Graham and Blassie books were going for a buck so why not. They were all well-written books that kept my attention the whole way through. They aren't on the level of the first Foley book, but pretty good reads.