TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

The heel to face ratio on Raw is extremely one-sided.

I don't have the slightest idea what they're doing with Umaga. What occurred tonight seems to imply that he is going heel again, but I have a feeling it's going to be more of a situation where he is neither heel nor face and just destroys everyone.

I think they're doing a slight face turn with Umaga...basically they're having him destroy mostly heels now, instead of faces. If you beat up heels, you can't help but get a few face pops.

Well, with the original Jeff Hardy fued, it looked like Umaga was all heel. Then Hardy got himself suspended and they decided to try out Umaga as a face to fill up a match on Summerslam. Umaga wasn't getting the kind of face reaction they were hoping for, so they put him over at the PPV (ending whatever fued he had with Kennedy and Carlito) and have him beat up a returning Jeff to continue their original program.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/v2/wi/stc/nws/.../27/26078.shtml

Hogan's Passenger, An Iraq Vet, May Have Brain Damage

Tampa's CBS affiliate is reporting that witnesses are saying that Nick Hogan's Supra was racing a silver Dodge Viper right before the crash. However, police say it's too early to know for sure what led to the crash. Furthermore, Clearwater Police confirmed that Nick's injuries are non-life threatening. He's now at home recovering.

According to the grandmother of the passenger in Nick Hogan's wrecked car, he may have suffered brain damage due to the crash.

Nick Hogan's Passenger, An Iraq Vet, May Have Brain Damage By Stephen Thompson and Chris Echegaray, The Tampa Tribune Published: August 27, 2007

CLEARWATER - The passenger in the car wrecked by Hulk Hogan's son Sunday night returned from Iraq last year and may have suffered brain damage in the crash, his grandmother said this morning.

Speaking from Staten Island, Catherine Graziano said her grandson, John Graziano, 22, was with the U.S. Marines in Iraq.

Her son – Graziano's father, who lives in Dunedin – was nearly incoherent when he told her by telephone of Graziano's condition, she said. She remembered her son saying something to the effect of her grandson may have suffered brain damage.

"He said it doesn't look good," Catherine Graziano said. "He was very incoherent."

"To come home from Iraq and for this to happen," she said before bringing a telephone conversation with a Tampa Tribune reporter to a close. She said she had to work on getting a flight to Florida.

Graziano is in critical condition at Bayfront Medical Center. Meanwhile, Hogan's son, Nicholas Bollea, also known as Nick Hogan, 17, is not listed as a patient any longer at the hospital, a Bayfront spokeswoman said. He is presumed to have been released.

Graziano, whose local address is 1225 Curlew Road in Dunedin, was riding in the front passenger seat of a Toyota Supra driven by Bollea, Clearwater police said.

The Supra "inexplicably" left Court Street on Sunday at 8 p.m. and struck a tree in the median, destroying the car on impact, Clearwater police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Both of the car's occupants had to be extricated.

"Everything that happened last night was because of excessive speed," Shelor said this morning. "When the car hit, it largely exploded or disintegrated."

No charges have been filed. The investigation into the wreck continues, Shelor said.

This is Bollea's second accident in as many years involving a sports car.

He was driving a yellow Lamborghini when it caught fire in Bay Harbor Islands in Miami in September, according to a report published in the Miami Herald. Bollea was driving the 2001 Lamborghini Diablo VT through a residential area, the report said.

The car caught fire as he was driving, but he got out before it burst into flames, the Herald reported last year.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is popular for his reality show, "Hogan Knows Best," and is one of the Tampa Bay area's best-known celebrities. His children have become celebrities because of the show.

Hogan had moved his family to Miami so his children could pursue acting and singing careers. His daughter, Brooke, has a music career, while Nick's passion is cars, according to a biography on the show's Web site.

On a recent show, Hogan's wife and his children want the wrestling star to get a makeover, making fun of the way the Hulkster dresses. They tell him he has to dress better now that he's living in Miami.

This month, Bollea reported $100,000 in custom jewelry was missing from the family's Miami Beach home, according to news reports. He said someone stole his diamonds. The family recently moved back from Miami to their mansion at 130 Willadel Drive in Belleair.

I'm not sure. Hogan will get the very best lawyer money can buy. And, providing Nick wasn't drunk or on drugs he could manage to get community service. This is assuming things the guy lives. If the guy dies though, well that's a different thing altogether.

I'm not sure. Hogan will get the very best lawyer money can buy. And, providing Nick wasn't drunk or on drugs he could get community service. This is assuming the guy lives. If the guy dies though, well that's a different thing altogether.

Then Hulk will just do some poses and sign autographs for the judges family and away Nick will go. No one can resist the chance to pose with the Hulkster, brother!

Hopefully Nick will resist his father's exaggerating ways when he appears in court.

"Your honor was it was my $300,000 car. I drove it 200mph faster than anyone in Miami had ever gone in front of 80,000 people, in fact one passerby was blown away so much he died three days later."

Judge well I was driving and jiving with my main man T-Pain out on the Strip when I came roaring down the stretch like a hurricane. "Hurricane" Hogan was running wild in Miami and when that tree stood in my way, brother. Well, I took my hands off the wheel to show it just where the power lies, brother.

In all seriousness I really hope the passenger ends up being okay. It's bad enough he had to go to that hell in Iraq. It would be horrible if the speed demon Nick Hogan caused him brain damage or death with wreckless driving. I hope Nick takes the brick out of his shoe and learns to drive like a normal human being. Lord knows there are enough idiots who will speed by you just because they wanted to turn on the next street 20 seconds faster.

The heel to face ratio on Raw is extremely one-sided.

I don't have the slightest idea what they're doing with Umaga. What occurred tonight seems to imply that he is going heel again, but I have a feeling it's going to be more of a situation where he is neither heel nor face and just destroys everyone.

I wasn't sure if Kennedy applauding Umanga was leading to something, or just a basic heel behavior.

I'm not sure. Hogan will get the very best lawyer money can buy. And, providing Nick wasn't drunk or on drugs he could manage to get community service. This is assuming things the guy lives. If the guy dies though, well that's a different thing altogether.

If all of the reports are true about this kid racking up speeding tickets at a rate where he is on a first name basis with the Highway Patrol it might take some OJ level defending to keep him out of the slammer. It sounds like he probably needs a little hard time to straighten him out in all honesty. (Too bad the Boss Man is dead).

If all of the reports are true about this kid racking up speeding tickets at a rate where he is on a first name basis with the Highway Patrol it might take some OJ level defending to keep him out of the slammer. It sounds like he probably needs a little hard time to straighten him out in all honesty. (Too bad the Boss Man is dead).

Will CNN, Headline News, Fox News, MSNBC, Extra, ET, the Insider, Perez Hilton, Billy Bush, Larry King, Susan Ross, etc keep us up to date with the second to second happenings of this case? I bet Nick does one day in jail getting released due to being paranoid then does 2 weeks of rehab at South Beach and he prefers baby wipes over charmin when he takes a shit...and I'm just can't wait to see what kind of insight Joanie Laurer has on this.

Why would Hulk have to pay the family? If they sued wouldn't they have to sue Nick or because he's 17 it will fall on his parents shoulders? Besides if it goes to court, would Nick be facing jail charges?

because he's 17 it will fall on his parents shoulders

Bingo.

As for jail charges, well, it depends on a lot of different stuff. Like if the tests come back and say that the passenger was hopped up on crank and hanging out the windshield howling at passing cars and then his flailing legs kicked Nick in the face and caused the accident... well, not saying that's all likely, but there's all kinds of variables to take into account in these cases.

London & Kendrick get some merch:

W00987X.JPG

Hopefully the shirt doesn't get reprimanded for smiling.

I saw that the other day. I actually bought it since it is one of the few decent designs on a WWE t-shirt.

The whole thing with Nick, going to court, the friend, etc you do know this will pretty much be the next season of Hogan Knows Best. And, of course, Brooke is STILL going to be trying to get her music career off the ground next season.

London & Kendrick get some merch:

W00987X.JPG

Hopefully the shirt doesn't get reprimanded for smiling.

The top logo on the back of the shirt looked like the TNA logo when I first looked at it.

Some WWE notes from F4W:

As of the last week, the plan had been for Orton and Batista to win their respective titles. The final decision to keep the WWE title on Cena was made Friday, and was partially a result of Vince McMahon not liking any of the finishes for the title match that Michael Hayes, who was in charge of that, was suggesting. Vince felt the various finishes came off as flat and also believed Orton was hot enough that it was the perfect big win for Cena. Orton seems set get the rematch at Unforgiven and maybe the title as well.

The Khali-Batista rematch looks to be either Hell in a Cell or a Punjabi Prison match.

Vince is considering the idea of Khali keeping the World title until Survivor Series, losing it to Undertaker and then Undertaker defending against Edge at Wrestlemania.

Vince was approached with the idea of doing a pro-wrestling off season a few times in the past couple months and completely blew it off every time.

Brian Gewirtz was at the ROH show in New York. He’s a big fan of Delirious and is pushing for him to be brought in.

Johnny Ace has been bringing up Sid Vicious as someone to bring in.

Jamie Noble has been getting praise for speaking up in production meetings and coming up with new finishes and angles.

The angle with John Cena’s dad is likely going to continue.

Johnny Ace was in New over the weekend as well, intending to meet with Takeshi Morishima, but NOAH stopped the meeting from taking place, citing loyalty to ROH. WWE had talked with Morishima when he was at Harley Race’s training school last year; the talk was that he could be the new Terry Gordy, and there was consideration to putting Morishima in ECW at the time, because Masato Tanaka and Tajiri weren’t going to be coming in, but NOAH blocked that from happening as well.

When Tazz was put with Jim Ross on Raw, it was meant to be JBL in that spot, to see how Ross worked with someone other than Lawler, but JBL was out of the country.

MVP is cleared to wrestle, and has been doing so at house shows. The match with Matt Hardy at Summerslam was cancelled because they want to keep the competition with Matt Hardy gimmick going, and don’t feel they need to do the match yet.

I don't care much for UT going into WM with the title. I'd rather Edge do something sneaky to get it and then face UT at WM.

There is no possible reason to keep the belt on Khali until Survivor Series.

They seem to want Undertaker holding the title going into Wrestlemania and to get it from Khali rather than Batista. They could have Undertaker get the belt at No Mercy instead. In any event, it looks like they're trying not to change either of the major titles unless they feel they have to.

I don't care much for UT going into WM with the title. I'd rather Edge do something sneaky to get it and then face UT at WM.

Streak vs Title was done last year..they should make it different this year and have Taker putting everything on the line.

As of the last week, the plan had been for Orton and Batista to win their respective titles. The final decision to keep the WWE title on Cena was made Friday, and was partially a result of Vince McMahon not liking any of the finishes for the title match that Michael Hayes, who was in charge of that, was suggesting. Vince felt the various finishes came off as flat and also believed Orton was hot enough that it was the perfect big win for Cena. Orton seems set get the rematch at Unforgiven and maybe the title as well.

Make perfect sense. Cena gets the new one year record and Orton gets the world title back at the very show he lost it at three years ago.

What stipulation should they use for Cena / Orton IV? Street Fight? Last Man Standing and Steel Cages have been done to death.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Before Shantelle Taylor was released last week, there were plans for her to debut on Raw as a masked babyface who would reignite the women's division. The idea was for her try to replicate the Rey Mysterio phenomena on Raw. On a side note, there was a lot of talk last year of moving Rey to Raw, but it never happened, then Rey went down with a knee injury and that was the end of that. Taylor's debut was constantly delayed and Johnny Ace finally made the decision to axe her. He figured that if they wanted to use her at some point, they could sign her again, but in his eyes it was pointless to have her continue sitting in developmental and getting paid (she'd been there over a year).

Those who have seen Batista's book say it's "insane." It's sure to ruffle a few feathers in the WWE locker room. Batista has said time and time again that he's the most boring guy in the world, which sounds like it would make for a lackluster book, but as it turns out, he talks nonstop about who he hates and does not respect in the locker room in his book. This could very well be major trouble in the making since he's hated by most of the locker room as it is. Batista also gives his thoughts on certain creative decisions WWE has made and more. He also talks "almost recklessly" about the number of women he's slept with. It's said to be totally different from all the other WWE books.