TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

He was the sole survivor of 'Team Bischoff' against 'Team Austin', thus ending Austin's run as co-GM of RAW. That match is also notable for one of Shawn Michael's best babyface performances.

The president of WWE films, Joel Simon, signed a new one year contract worth $500,000 with WWE. He will also be receiving a percentage of certain fees and monies the company sees when they finally get some of the money made on the first three films next year. WWE has yet to see a dime from See No Evil, The Marine and The Condemned.

wrestling observer newsletter

WWE has yet to see a dime from See No Evil, The Marine and The Condemned.

Granted they suck but I find it hard to believe they didn't make there money back on the DVD releases. I work in a video store and both See No Evil & The Marine rented very well, The Marine especially, in fact somehow it still rents fairly well for a movie thats been out as long as it is.

How exactly did he kill the legend of Stonecold?
He was the sole survivor on team Bischoff in the 2003 Survivor Series, if Austin's team lost, Austin relinquishes his GM Spot

So winning a match that Austin wasn't even personally involved in is killing his legend? By making him not the GM? Cuz Austin MADE his name as a GM, right?

Yeah, I'm being picky and anal, but fuck, do I ever hate that gimmick.

So winning a match that Austin wasn't even personally involved in is killing his legend? By making him not the GM? Cuz Austin MADE his name as a GM, right?

Yeah, I'm being picky and anal, but fuck, do I ever hate that gimmick.

Well, it was a young braggart heel gimmick based mostly on getting over on 'legends' who were way past their prime/not on tv/not active regulars. It worked fine in that context, except they built up all that cheap heel heat on Orton and decided to turn him face before they did a comeback on it, that was the real problem

I don't recall when Orton beat Booker, but I recall he smacked Race once on Raw or something. I guess that counts as killing his legend somehow. Oh and he beat RVD for the IC title at Armageddon 2003.

How did he exactly kill the RVD legend at ONS this year? He LOST the friggin match.

I don't recall when Orton beat Booker, but I recall he smacked Race once on Raw or something. I guess that counts as killing his legend somehow. Oh and he beat RVD for the IC title at Armageddon 2003.

How did he exactly kill the RVD legend at ONS this year? He LOST the friggin match.

I don't think the loss matters, It has more to do with the whole concussion thing after the match.

I don't ever remember Orton and Booker ever wrestling each other. ever.

As the poster won't load up on the Internet at work and with all your talk of "the bird killer" Randy Orton, I'm just imagining the poster is a picture of Randy RKOing a dove.

As the poster won't load up on the Internet at work and with all your talk of "the bird killer" Randy Orton, I'm just imagining the poster is a picture of Randy RKOing a dove.

Now that would be an awesome poster.

Not really. It's just a picture of Orton staring ahead with a creepy grin in front of some sort of rundown wooden barn type structure with the moon beyond the door. He has his hands cupped and a white dove hanging midair in a landing motion within the cupped hands. (Describing the poster to luke-o)

Cheers TWD, I look forward to seeing it when I get home onto Internet that doesn't suck.

Randy Orton defeated Booker T in a forgettable match on RAW during Orton's run as IC Champ.

Does anyone have a list of all the "legends" that Randy Orton has "killed"?

With the exception of Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, and John Cena, Randy Orton has defeated just about everybody in the business: Ric Flair, The Undertaker, HBK, HHH, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Edge, Chris Jericho, Booker T, RVD, Batista, Mick Foley, Scott Steiner, Christian, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Jerry Lawler, Sgt. Slaughter, and Dusty Rhodes.

Although I don't recall Orton ever facing the Big Show or JBL so I guess you can add them to exceptions as well.

I don't remember him ever beating Goldberg in a singles match, but he did beat him in a handicapped match. It was Evolution Vs. Goldberg, 3 Vs. 1 so I guess that would count.

They have this thing with Orton that if he RKOs a legend, that counts as a kill since he couldn't have an actual match with them for whatever reason (Jake The Snake for example)

Sylvain Grenier released by WWE

Written: August 13, 2007

WWE has come to terms on the release of Sylvain Grenier as of today. We wish Sylvain the best in all future endeavors.

Sylvain Grenier has been released by WWE.

Failed the wellness program? Well, there you have it, finally all three former La Resistance members are now gone from the WWE all within 8 months.

Who will get the pop-that's-way-too-big-for-a-jobber-but-let's-cheer-him-'cause-he-speaks-french in Montreal next time ?

Personnally, I'd mark like a bitch for a Raymond Rougeau appearance.

So does he go on Mero's list as well?

That is too bad about Crush, as I always kind of liked him, even when he was in WCW as a generic nWo tough.

As far as Sylvan Grenier, I think La Resistance was fine as a heel tag team, but they had nothing for them once they were broken up. Heck, they even tried doing a reunion of them in ECW, and that went nowhere. WWE doesn't really need any more pretty boy heels at this point, so I can't say I miss any of the three.

Conway was the only guy I gave half a crap about, sadly most of that was because I got a kick out of his stupid entrance music.