TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

This Week In Baseball 8/13-8/19

Mirabelli goes out with a hamstring injury, so that might change things regarding calling up Jacoby tonight.

Fucking guy can't do anything right.

Optioning Buchholz at the end of the game for Ellsbury and DLing Mirabelli still leaves a slot open for a catcher tomorrow, no?

Optioning Buchholz at the end of the game for Ellsbury and DLing Mirabelli still leaves a slot open for a catcher tomorrow, no?

Depends on how bad Mirabelli's injury is. I wonder who catches Wake if Miraebelli goes down for a period of time?

EDIT: From what I've been reading, both Alex Cora and Mike Lowell can catch. The crazy stuff you learn some times.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

Braden Looper has ten wins this year. Braden Looper has ten wins this year. Braden Looper has ten wins this year. Braden Looper has ten wins this year.

It was just reported on Mike & Mike that The Cubs have signed Carlos Zambrano to a 5 year extension worth $18 million a year.

It's more like 6/$111 total because the last year has a player option.

I can live with that. Plus it allows me to tell my damn half brother to shut up about the Red Sox signing everyone on the damn planet. Seriously, I get enough Yanks and Sox crap watching ESPN.

monroe out

maybin in

probably too early, but who cares. thames will get most of the starts this year. this is a good way to break him in for next year.

jurrjens will stay up for another start. he's really impressive. they have the best young staff in the league. next year:

bonderman

verlander

miller

jurrjens

________

could be robertson or someone else, tata or vasquez. they both looked alright at times. doubt rogers will be back.

WMP and cash to the Nationals for a player to be named later.

The Wily Mo era didn't really play out the way they expected it to, did it?

That is all he is worth a PTBNL?

WMP and cash to the Nationals for a player to be named later.

The Wily Mo era didn't really play out the way they expected it to, did it?

That is all he is worth a PTBNL?

FWIW, there's a rumor that it's Jon Rauch, who has some decent value as a bullpen arm. The whole player to be named thing is being use because the traded player in question is currently on the 40-man roster and thus can't be moved to the Red Sox without clearing waivers first.

Rough debut for Maybin...a couple K's plus another out due to the ball hitting him while he was running out the box. Pettite was dealing tonight though so Maybin wasn't the only one who stuggled. Finally got to see Joba...looked pretty good...Detroit announcers were comparing him to Zumaya...not sure who has the brighter future and all that...maybe a couple of you could give me more insight...

The Cubs...are...in...first...place? In August?!?!? Gwah? Zuh? Buh? Fuh? I can find no words to express my feelings over this, only utterances.

Shea Hillenbrand is clearly the reason the Dodgers are winning again. Still only 3 back in the WC chase, and playing well again. Who knows what'll happen.