TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

McDevitt said this is not just a WWE problem. He said Signature Pharmacy was sending drugs to policemen, firemen, and pro athletes. He said he heard the NFL would be coming out with an announcement in the next few days. He said, "What you're going to find is that the drug of choice, if you will, for any athlete who wants to avoid a drug testing policy is human growth hormone which there is no test for. And it's a problem all leagues have, it's a problem we have, it's a problem anybody has who is engaged in drug testing. There's no scientific method to detect when an athete takes human growth hormone."

Well, that's a lie. There certainly is a BLOOD test to detect HGH, just not a urine test yet.

Actually, there isnt any test around to do so, apparently.

McDevitt said this is not just a WWE problem. He said Signature Pharmacy was sending drugs to policemen, firemen, and pro athletes. He said he heard the NFL would be coming out with an announcement in the next few days. He said, "What you're going to find is that the drug of choice, if you will, for any athlete who wants to avoid a drug testing policy is human growth hormone which there is no test for. And it's a problem all leagues have, it's a problem we have, it's a problem anybody has who is engaged in drug testing. There's no scientific method to detect when an athete takes human growth hormone."

Well, that's a lie. There certainly is a BLOOD test to detect HGH, just not a urine test yet.

Actually, there isnt any test around to do so, apparently.

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/dynamic.ch2?pageCategory.id=627

I want to see Val Venis as the new IC champion now.

I REALLY want to see how WWE handles this on TV. With the news blurb on their website and the names of those involved on pretty much every major news website, it would be impossible for them to ignore it. I wonder if Vince just comes out at the beginning and list the guys suspended? As crazy as it may sound, that is probably the best way to do it.

Too bad Goldust didn't take up WWE's offer a while ago. Clearly by far, he would be the #1 heel right now in the company. Feuding with HHH and Cena, his stock wouldn't be any higher.

Maybe guys like Matt Hardy and Ric Flair can get a push on Smackdown while Carlito, Shelton, and Super Crazy on Raw.

Kinda surprised Kane is nowhere to be found here, for a few years, he was huge. Especially around late 2001 early 2002.

Guest Teckneek

It looks like WWE might have to merge the brands. I for one think that will be a good thing, it's been spread too thin.

It looks like WWE might have to merge the brands. I for one think that will be a good thing, it's been spread too thin.

Yeah....no.

I don't know how many of you guys have read "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" by Shawn Assuel but man, it seems after re-reading the book again, at the half way point so far, nothing has really changed. It was amazing to see how close McMahon was going to jail then and steroids are still the big scandal they were then, today.

So here's what I would do with the suspended list guys:

-- Mr. Kennedy - Let Carlito take him out for losing the IC title match at Summerslam

-- Randy Orton - Cena stretcher jobs Orton via Bob Orton getting beaten up too

-- Edge - Injured, doesn't matter

-- King Booker - HHH will completely destroy Booker slapping some sense into him and officially killing the King Booker gimmick. Booker T will be back by Survivor Series.

-- William Regal - Sandman def. Regal for title of Raw GM

-- Chavo Guerrero - Rey finishes Chavo off and gives him a return stretcher job

-- Santino Marella - Simmons gives him a dominator and then stretcher job

-- John Morrison - Gets attacked by some big dude on ECW on Sci-Fi, later reveal to be SID, who completely destroys Morrison and is the MASTER and the RULER of the world, or more appropriately ECW. Techinically they are still giving Sid a world title, so lets see what Sid's big plan is. Sid-Punk match is signed for Unforgiven. Either that or Sid vs. Big Daddy V.

-- Charlie Haas - Released by WWE

-- Gregory Helms - Injured, doesn't matter

-- Chris Masters - Palumbo punks him and he's gone

-- Funaki - Like he's on TV to matter

-- Batista - Khali finishes Batista off for good and Batista takes the title of most title shots without winning this year.

-- Umaga - Bring in Rosey and make him look like nothing happened. Either that or call him FAKE Umaga

The most shocking thing to come out of all of this is the revelation that King Booker's real 1st name is Robert, not Booker. I always saw him referred to as Booker Huffman!!!

According to Wikipedia his full name is Robert Booker Tio Huffman.

If steroids don't necessarily make people cut and ripped (see: Funaki, Umaga), then what's the point of taking them? People surmise that wrestlers take steroids in order to look cut, but if that's not happening, are they being taken to enhance strength or something? What possible benefit could they be for wrestlers like Umaga and Funaki, if their physiques aren't being noticeably altered?

So here's what I would do with the suspended list guys:

-- Mr. Kennedy - Let Carlito take him out for losing the IC title match at Summerslam

-- Randy Orton - Cena stretcher jobs Orton via Bob Orton getting beaten up too

-- Edge - Injured, doesn't matter

-- King Booker - HHH will completely destroy Booker slapping some sense into him and officially killing the King Booker gimmick. Booker T will be back by Survivor Series.

-- William Regal - Sandman def. Regal for title of Raw GM

-- Chavo Guerrero - Rey finishes Chavo off and gives him a return stretcher job

-- Santino Marella - Simmons gives him a dominator and then stretcher job

-- John Morrison - Gets attacked by some big dude on ECW on Sci-Fi, later reveal to be SID, who completely destroys Morrison and is the MASTER and the RULER of the world, or more appropriately ECW. Techinically they are still giving Sid a world title, so lets see what Sid's big plan is. Sid-Punk match is signed for Unforgiven. Either that or Sid vs. Big Daddy V.

-- Charlie Haas - Released by WWE

-- Gregory Helms - Injured, doesn't matter

-- Chris Masters - Palumbo punks him and he's gone

-- Funaki - Like he's on TV to matter

-- Batista - Khali finishes Batista off for good and Batista takes the title of most title shots without winning this year.

-- Umaga - Bring in Rosey and make him look like nothing happened. Either that or call him FAKE Umaga

I know Marella, Batista, Booker, and Masters were confirmed as customers, I don't believe (not yet anyway) that any of them have been said to have recieved drugs that violate the wellness policy.

You guys are mixing some things up. First of all, Vince McMahon is in no danger of going to jail. The original steriod trial involved the government trying to prove that Vince helped distribute steriods to wrestlers through personal doctors. In this case no one is saying he is funding doctors to prescribe steriods to wrestlers, and he is not in any criminal danger. The meetings are set up to determine if WWE is properly monitoring their talent, the worst case scenerio would be federal regulation, or state athletic commission drug testing. Out of all of this the only thing that would really kill WWE would be if the press got so bad, and there was so much pressure against them that advertisers pulled out of supporting WWE. In this case they would be kicked off USA, and have to buy syndication around the country, in essence that could be the end of WWE as we know it. There is maybe a .5% of that happening.

I seriously wonder how Raw will be booked though since they are first up before Smackdown.

At least it ain't Russo booking it or we would have, NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION JIM ROSS!!!!!!!

If steroids don't necessarily make people cut and ripped (see: Funaki, Umaga), then what's the point of taking them? People surmise that wrestlers take steroids in order to look cut, but if that's not happening, are they being taken to enhance strength or something? What possible benefit could they be for wrestlers like Umaga and Funaki, if their physiques aren't being noticeably altered?

Healing injuries is the main one. Added muscle mass also. A guy like Funaki might be about 140 pounds naturally, for all we know.

Why does everyone assume that CM Punk is drug free just because he says so? How come he gets a pass on the "wrestlers all always lie" syndrome?

You know who's got a huge fuckin' party at his house tonight? Carlito. He's the only major heel on Raw who wasn't named in any of this. He's, like, slurping applesauce off the naked breasts of thousand-dollar hookers right now. And then sneaking up behind them and giving them the Backcracker. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.

Healing injuries is the main one. Added muscle mass also. A guy like Funaki might be about 140 pounds naturally, for all we know.

Why does everyone assume that CM Punk is drug free just because he says so? How come he gets a pass on the "wrestlers all always lie" syndrome?

You know who's got a huge fuckin' party at his house tonight? Carlito. He's the only major heel on Raw who wasn't named in any of this. He's, like, slurping applesauce off the naked breasts of thousand-dollar hookers right now. And then sneaking up behind them and giving them the Backcracker. JUST BECAUSE HE CAN.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, because unless their plans change with him, after seeing Raw, all I can picture is Carlito eating another pedigree at Unforgiven and another heel fodder goes down in defeat to HHH. Also, HHH slagged him in WWE magazine, so I think he's going down to The Game.

Vince and the WWE better hope one of those Congressman doesn't have the footage of HHH making fun of Chris Masters when he came back being less muscular than he was before and the issue of WWE Magazine where HHH commented that a thinner version of Bobby Lashley had been put into the dryer.

That's very true, I mean, aside from possibly being on steroids, CM Punk looks like he's recovering from a 3 day party most of the time.

And another person who seems to be getting a free pass is Matt Hardy, what makes people think he's not on steroids? Sure he's not built like Lashley or Cena, but that doesn't mean a thing...

Guest Hasbeen2

At least for a while, you may see Cena, HHH, Khali, Finley, the Hardys, etc, on both shows. I expect them to put out the dollars to get Jericho back and try to work out something with Van Dam. I'm afraid we'll see more divas, more Ron Simmons overexposure, more skits and comedy to fill in time. the dating game thing was okay, the HHH and Vince thing, no. When is Shawn Micheals expected to get back, if he comes back anytime soon and most of the names mentioned are still out I expect a true heel run.

Guest rullmar

Randall will be back to losing every main event PPV match in a few months, and all will be well again.

That's very true, I mean, aside from possibly being on steroids, CM Punk looks like he's recovering from a 3 day party most of the time.

And another person who seems to be getting a free pass is Matt Hardy, what makes people think he's not on steroids? Sure he's not built like Lashley or Cena, but that doesn't mean a thing...

I always had this feeling that Punk was straight edge when he was younger, but realized how stupid he was and decided to use it as his gimmick while he was training to be a wrestler. There's no way that guy doesn't do something with all the crazy drunks he hangs out with.

WWE says the names of the suspended wrestlers will officially be revealed on November 1st.

No, they said that anyone who was suspended after that date would have their name released.

How is Snitsky NOT on roids? You mean all the back acne is just acne? You gotta be kidding me!

It's on his face, too. But still, he may well be on steroids. Keep in mind, this was only one company that was targeted.