TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

ECW/Smackdown Spoilers for the 9/4 and 9/7 airings

I'm guessing Rey was put into the Unforgiven title match so Khali could pin him to win and then Khali and Batista can have their blowoff match at No Mercy, which allows them to put the title on Undertaker at Survivor Series. Putting the belt on Undertaker at Survivor Series is better than doing it at No Mercy, because he'd win the belt on his 17th anniversary with the company, and it would get over even more.

I believe the plan is to give Batista the belt, and have Edge beat him for it when he returns.

It's supposed to be going from Khali to Undertaker who'll defend against Edge at Wrestlemania.

In that case, would Taker successfully defend the title or would Edge win it then?

I'm guessing Rey was put into the Unforgiven title match so Khali could pin him to win and then Khali and Batista can have their blowoff match at No Mercy, which allows them to put the title on Undertaker at Survivor Series. Putting the belt on Undertaker at Survivor Series is better than doing it at No Mercy, because he'd win the belt on his 17th anniversary with the company, and it would get over even more.

I believe the plan is to give Batista the belt, and have Edge beat him for it when he returns.

It's supposed to be going from Khali to Undertaker who'll defend against Edge at Wrestlemania.

In that case, would Taker successfully defend the title or would Edge win it then?

Unless something major happens, again, Undertaker will retain.

To be honest a title change on free tv will be seen by more people since the rating for ECW is still 2 times higher than a normal pay-per-views buyrate.

More like 10 times as high using the domestic numbers for each.

Guest Hasbeen2
Kane & Batista over Finlay & Kane.

Wha? :huh:

Sorry about that, it's been fixed, it was Khali. Didn't mean to make everybody think Fake Kane was coming back.

Don't jinx the viewers, if there are more suspensions who knows what they'll have on the screen to fill 2 hours.

Because Punk's win should have meant something, if he'd have won it at Summerslam it would have been a perfect blow off to the fued. Only know the title win has been hot shotted and he's only got the belt now because of Morrison's suspension. It just feels like there was no blow off to the fued.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Punk got the belt and has truly deserved it, but it shouldn't have been like this.

The only reason why Punk's title win doesn't mean something to some people is because their to caught up in WWE's backstage happenings and politics, inestead of being intrested in the story Morrison and Punk have been telling, which has been a damn good one since Morrison won the title.

So lets say, Morrison didn't get suspended and Punk won the title at Unforgiven, would you have thought diffently about it? It was pretty obvious Punk was most likely going to win the title at Unforgiven anyways, so why does this change anything?

Because, to me, this won't come off as the blowoff to the fued, it's just a non-advertised match to get the belt of Morrison. I'm not blaming Punk for this as it's not his fault and it's not really creative's fault either. It just seems to me that they've built up Punk so much for the title win, only to hand it to him because Morrison fucked up. Same goes for Hardy winning the belt of Umaga, it's just WWE hitting the panic button.

I still think Punk should have won at Summerslam. It would have been a much better image.

Its really fucking depressing that Punk got jobbed out THREE times in a row, all on PPV, only for him to get the world title on the TV show just because Morrison fucked up. *Sigh*

So since the ECW title came back:

RVD, lost due to drugs bust

Big Show, lost due to retirement

Lashley, stripped as he went to Raw

Morrisson, won it due to Benoit going loco, lost it due to steroids bust

Crazy lineage

What the hell will Punk do to follow up?

Probably hold it til he's shipped off to RAW like Lashley and have to give it up.

So the Smackdown world title scene is going to continue to bore me.

If/when Punk leaves ECW, I really think he should go to smackdown for a while. However WWE will probably ship him to RAW.

Speaking of ECW talent gone to Smackdown, what the hell happened to the Major Brothers? Are they back in OVW, or are they hurt?

If/when Punk leaves ECW, I really think he should go to smackdown for a while. However WWE will probably ship him to RAW.

Speaking of ECW talent gone to Smackdown, what the hell happened to the Major Brothers? Are they back in OVW, or are they hurt?

Most likely lost in the fold of Smackdown.

Its really fucking depressing that Punk got jobbed out THREE times in a row, all on PPV, only for him to get the world title on the TV show just because Morrison fucked up. *Sigh*

Again....why is it depressing? Espically when odds are, Punk was going to win the title at Unforgiven which is only a few weeks away.

Guest sumuffin

Punk has feuds made with Jeff Hardy and Shawn Michaels due to their past substance abuse.

Punk has feuds made with Jeff Hardy and Shawn Michaels due to their past substance abuse.

They could really just do that with pretty much every single person on the roster. I can't see WWE going for the sXe angle right now, there isn't a need for it.

The last 3 guys to win a "World Title" in WWE wouldn't have made it past the TV Title level if this was 1997 and wrestling was still good/interesting/popular/made sense.

If you told me 13 years ago that Johnny Polo would win the ECW World title and WCW U.S. title, I would've issued a pity ban. You never know sometimes.

The last 3 guys to win a "World Title" in WWE wouldn't have made it past the TV Title level if this was 1997 and wrestling was still good/interesting/popular/made sense.

If you told me 13 years ago that Johnny Polo would win the ECW World title and WCW U.S. title, I would've issued a pity ban. You never know sometimes.

If you had told me 13 years ago that Terra Ryzin' would be a ten-time world champion...

If you had told me 13 years ago that Terra Ryzin' would be a ten-time world champion...

Forget that, honestly, if you'd told me in 1995 that HUNTER HEARST HELMSLEY would be a 10-time world champion by 2005 I would've told you that you were out of your mind.

I really am still trying to figure out what's with all this CM Punk hate. I understand that him getting the title under the circumstances isn't exactly what you all would want, but it was going to happen anyway right? I still think he is far better as champion than Morrison could be at this time.

Trust me, Punk, if given the chance, will blow you away.

If you would have told me when I was a mark that Vince McMahon the ring announcer owned the WWF and would win WWF Championship, I wouldn't have believed you.

Me either. However, one of the biggest mark out moments in wrestling was when Vince beat HHH to win the WWF Championship in 1999 on Smackdown!

I think I can answer your question in regards to the Punk hate. It seems to be an unwritten rule around here that if someone has an IWC following, and they "take off" in WWE, you have to start looking for reasons to dislike them. My main case on this is how it seemed a lot of the board turned on "He who shall go un-named" when he won the world title at WMXX.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Punk handles being on top of WWE's "C" show. It's got to be better than Johnny Nitro rambling about being the "Sultan of Sexy" sitting in his "Palace of Wisdom". :throwup:

I think I can answer your question in regards to the Punk hate. It seems to be an unwritten rule around here that if someone has an IWC following, and they "take off" in WWE, you have to start looking for reasons to dislike them. My main case on this is how it seemed a lot of the board turned on "He who shall go un-named" when he won the world title at WMXX.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Punk handles being on top of WWE's "C" show. It's got to be better than Johnny Nitro rambling about being the "Sultan of Sexy" sitting in his "Palace of Wisdom". :throwup:

So just because he's on top of the 'C' brand now is a reason for all the dislike? Quick question for all of CM Punk haters out there. Were you not happy at Survivor Series when CM Punk got louder chants than Triple H and HBK? Honestly? You didn't mark out just a little?

Tonight's ECW rating will go a long way in how Punk is treated going forward. If his publicized win can pull a noticible ratings bump it could really raise his profile to the wwe powerbrokers, however if ratings stay the same or heaven- forbid fall, it will forever be used to bury him.

Did Edge's MITB title win pop the ratings noticibly??

Of course not, since HHH just leeched off his heat right off the bat. Why would we be happy he was getting cheered?

I just thought the HHHate was stronger than the Punk hate. My mistake.