TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Weird. I never had problems burning anything to DVD *knock on wood*. What is this mysterious banning you speak of?

Whenever I try to record a PYBO or a Roundtable (and now Starrcade) a message comes up on my screen "This program is copy protected" and the DVD automatically stops recording.

I laughed at the renaming of this thread. Nine pages and not a single problem was ever resolved since there's nothing we can do about it :P

I haven't got any problems since September where only one week out of four was updated. The only thing I never had last month was the Roundtable....is it supposed to be availlable this week or is it next week ?

Everything showed up as scheduled this week, but I still don't have last week's new content. I've got a few more weeks to try and get SurSer 91 and the latest MNW shows, but Starrcade Pt 4 is expiring next week, and I've just been taping the installments as they go. I don't think it's inconceivable that I can get last week's stuff that's still active, but it sure is a hassle.

EDIT: And I never did get the Starrcade 92 PYBO. It's OK, since I have it from last year, but still...

I got the big nothing from Cogeco this morning, but better yet, the internet here is all messed up for some reason (they were doing work on the phone lines in the morning and there was no phone service until 9:30, but once that came back, the net didn't) so I get to leech off a slow unsecured wireless connection in the neighbourhood! Woo!

Bah, I was lured into a false sense of security by Cogeco being awesome with on-time updates the past 2-3 weeks. The PYBO showing up on time instead of a Wednesday / not at all, daily Goldberg updates... but on Sunday, when the HHH/Goldberg match never arrived, I suspected there might be problems today. No updates at all yet.

They're probably lax due to the holiday. You should call and threaten to cancel your service altogether. I seriously haven't had a single problem since I did that, which is a huge improvement over not being able to access the stuff that was never posted in the first place.

I believe around August or so I did make that threat via e-mail and was actually called 45 minutes later by someone in customer service. From my limited understanding of the On Demand system, I too would guess that without someone working (off on holiday) to manually upload programming, the programs not being automatically uploaded at 12am (all of them) like the technology intends are in limbo.

Raw is non-existent. Lately whenever something's been missing, it shows up the next day or on the day of the next update.

I'm not going to hold my breath on that due to the holidays. I'll set Friday as the earliest and Monday as the latest for a target - if it shows up earlier, great.

I was browsing http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66 to see if anyone else was complaining about 24/7 problems with Cogeco, but the only time it's mentioned is by me and in a 2006 thread where people are talking about the channel debuting. There's some bitching about content in a 2005 thread in the Rogers Cable section too.

What's with all the spelling errors in the thread subtitle?

I'm not sure if "all the spelling errors" is really an accurate phrase to point out that "remotely" had a typo (which is now fixed). "Troubleshot" is a valid past tense of "Troubleshoot".

I'm not going to hold my breath on that due to the holidays. I'll set Friday as the earliest and Monday as the latest for a target - if it shows up earlier, great.

You know, it's one thing for me to SAY that, to actually have no content by this time Friday night... a bit of a piss off. It's giving me extra time to marathon Royal Rumbles on DVD, I guess.

I could accept that during the Holiday weekend, no personnel were available at Cogeco Cable in Windsor / WWE to fix the issue of no programming being uploaded to the OnDemand menu for WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand. However, it is now 4:45 pm on Monday and there is STILL no programming at all. I've missed programs before, I've had a day or two with no content, but this is by the far the longest complete no content drought I've ever had in my 2 year plus WWE 24/7 Classic on Demand subscription, and frankly, it's pretty unacceptable. I'm really hoping this gets resolved.

Thank you,

Stephen

:angry:

Your problems seem to be local because on my side, my VOD service never has been better. It must have been like two months since I had a problem of any kind. All the shows, even the 2008 PPVs and the Roundtables, have been availlable on the updating days straight at midnight.

Sadly, the problem with the non-existant updates seem to be the usual "We haven't received the new programming list/The cable company is responsible for the updates" blame game. For all the phone calls I've made, I have never received a clear answer. I've called at Cogeco's technical service and they say they're not responsible for the updates (then who the hell is?). I have never received a reply from WWE save the BBB e-mail....and even that one didn't say very much.

I know how frustrating this must be. Best of luck in your update tonight.

I sent the angriest of angry e-mails when I got home from work this morning (you know it's angry when it includes demands for partial refunds for a full week of paying for no content and cancellation of the service) and in waking up for a few minutes discovered the system works - I now have HOF: Jerry Lawler!

Edit: And now they've put up the 1998 Royal Rumble. This is so wacky.

Now that programming has expired and I received no new content last week or today, my WWE 24/7 Classics On Demand menu is EMPTY. I am paying to have NOTHING. This is entirely unacceptable - can someone PLEASE work with WWE or whoever and solve this problem? I've been down this road before - Cogeco says it's not their fault, WWE says it's not their fault, then programming mysteriously shows up. That's fine, and I would gladly accept ANYTHING showing up at this point. This is the longest non-update drought I have ever had, and the first time I've ever received nothing at all. This is also at the very least the fourth e-mail on this subject I have sent. I get vague responses saying "this sounds like a job best suited for a phone rep" - why? There's no need for a service call (and I'm worried that if no one takes any blame, somehow someone will be sent out to my house - at my expense - for no reason as this is obviously a VOD server issue - Super Channel and TMN get content fine, though TMN's was a bit late this week). I was specifically told once before that calling a rep lets me name specific titles. Fair enough, but here is the specific title now - ALL OF IT. Every single thing is missing. If this is how things are going to continue on this cable system, I WILL have to cancel this service. I love this service and I have no interest in doing so, but I can't continue to pay for nothing. I'm also not entirely sure it's fair I should have to pay $9.99 for this month's service considering it's non-existence in the past week. Yeah, there were some programs from 2 weeks ago available (which, as mentioned, are gone now so I TRULY have nothing now) but I could have watched all of those the prior week. I am paying for new content weekly, and there was a LOT of content that was supposed to go up last week.

I apologize for the bitter tone this e-mail is taking, but my limits are really being pushed on this one. I adore this service and want nothing more than it to be updated properly.

Thank you,

Stephen

Hello Mr. Gray

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cogeco Technical Support.

We are aware of the issue and it is presently being worked on to resolve the content problem. We should have the issue resolved shortly.

Thank You for your patience.

Best Regards,

Cogeco Technical Support

Woo.

Edit: Ok, now I have next week's Raw and Nitro as well as next week's Shorties. I won't hold my breathe for getting the episodes that should actually be there and I'm just happy I have content. However, they did put up the Lawler HOF profile and that is part of last week's update, so we'll see.

I was specifically told once before that calling a rep lets me name specific titles. Fair enough, but here is the specific title now - ALL OF IT. Every single thing is missing.

5 stars my friend.

VOD is a bitch of an issue to troubleshoot. I used to work for Comcast Cable Tech for about a year, and there is next to nothing the reps can do to fix it. All we could try was send a refresh signal to the digital box, and try to remove and readd the service to try and jump-start the service again. It's the ultimate blame game, and the issue is usually somewhere in between. If the service is available, then the refresh signal should push it through, but if its not on the VOD server, then the reps usually have no tool to figure out where the hell the programming/service is to.

More on the "Updates From the Future" saga:

Either on Thursday or Friday, I received a majority of the updates that are supposed to be available on the 21st. I did not receive the NWA show or Unforgiven 2008 though. Despite the fact I'm receiving future updates, KOTR 96 was allegedly due today and did not appear. I don't know what to make of any of this.

I've got Fios and the only thing that has changed for me this month is the RR 98, the Monday night war shows and one or two shorties. where is unforgivne 2008, batb2000 or KOTR96?

Edited by red29

where is unforgivne 2008

The 21st.

batb2000

Several weeks away (February 25th).

KOTR96?

Some cable companies seem to struggle with updates that aren't the standard Tuesday night / Wednesday morning fair.