TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

NFL Week 1 Paneled Basement Party & Chat

No, no, no. I don't need a Washington FG I need a TD!!!!!

Don't be dumb. Dooooon't be dumb.

Guest Vitamin X

HAHAHA Eagles fumble the kickoff return after the GWFG by Mason Crosby.

Exorcised some demons today- FINALLY a good defense, first good one I've seen in Green Bay since the Super Bowl years. Beat Philly after losing to them 5 straight times, and Favre ties Elway's record for most wins by a quarterback (I don't know if that includes playoffs or not, because if it does, I think Favre actually needs 6 more to tie). No offensive TD's worries me only a bit, Philly's defense is tough and Green Bay ate clock the way they needed to. Needless to say, however, this team won't be particularly exciting on offense this year, but it's nicer to watch them win than to have them put up 20-30 points a game and struggle to get in the playoffs every year.

Come on now, that wasn't a fumble on the last kickoff. It was the old ugly failed lateral return.

But they are not going anywhere important with special teams like that. Sad as it is to say they need Reno Mahe back since apparently he is the only person who knows how to make a fair catch signal.

And this was not the game McNabb needed to fend off the locals when Kolb is in the background.

I feel bad for the defense. They were the big question going into the season and they were terrific.

The Charger defence looks at fearsome as ever. Someone completely missed a blocking assignment, and Grossman just got crushed from the blind side.

I think it was Benson. He just ran up the gut for no reason, leaving no protection. Blocked FG though, so its all ok now.

edit: You know something? This Chicago/SD game looks like it's just Chicago delaying the inevitable of San Diego stomping all over them.

edit 2: Or the Bears defense carrying them... either way.

They delayed the inevitable for 15 minutes, in which they had a blocked field goal and interception. I'm pleased with what I've seen. I love blocked kicks. To me, that's one of those things that the good teams do. Remember how Robbie Gould's perfect kicking streak was broken last year? Patriots blocked the kick.

They delayed the inevitable for 15 minutes, in which they had a blocked field goal and interception. I'm pleased with what I've seen. I love blocked kicks. To me, that's one of those things that the good teams do. Remember how Robbie Gould's perfect kicking streak was broken last year? Patriots blocked the kick.

I don't think anything is inevitable with Norv Turner on the opposite sideline.

Is the Titans defense that good? I remember reading about how bad it was gonna be. I guess it must have been a bad source.

I can't believe Buffalo lost, but they didn't deserve the win. They can only rely on special teams for so long and their defense really blew it on that last drive, allowing like three fourth down conversions.

Who knows if the Titans are really that good, it was against the Jags after all. Jacksonville is a perennial mystery team of the NFL. One week they do something like this, or they might steamroll the Colts.

Would you believe the two 1:00 games I got were Pitts/Cleveland and Minn/ATL? Could the local stations have possibly fucked up more if they tried? I know Bobby Petrino coached U of L, but why the hell would Fox think anyone in Louisville cares about what Petrino does with the Falcons? And what possible excuse is there for showing that Steelers/Browns squash? Earth to CBS: Tim Couch does not play for the Browns anymore, so any interest in that team in KY is long gone.

Rex Grossman is atrocious. I know he's playing the Chargers, but still. Bobbling the ball without being touched is just a case of wilting under pressure. Not pressure of the actual defense, more like just being intimidated. I don't know where his head's at, but that INT was terrible too. Good going guy, indeed.

It's too early to give up on Rex, being 1/32 through the season. I feel that it'll eventually come to that, but not just yet.

Guest Vitamin X

In other news, Seattle hasn't been able to get going very well against the Bucs. I'm kind of cheering for the hometown (regional?) squad, but also want to prove that Tampa Bay's going to surprise some people this year. Winning in Seattle would go a long way towards that- Seattle didn't even get on the scoreboard until the last minute of the first half.

In other news, Seattle hasn't been able to get going very well against the Bucs. I'm kind of cheering for the hometown (regional?) squad, but also want to prove that Tampa Bay's going to surprise some people this year. Winning in Seattle would go a long way towards that- Seattle didn't even get on the scoreboard until the last minute of the first half.

That'll knock out half the TSM Survivor pool (including me), so let's start pounding these guys into the turf, kthnx.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised but Buffalo fucked it up as usual today. Seriously, you can't make one goddamn fourth down stop with the game on the line? The only positive was Lynch having a decent game but they had it and couldn't close.

Can't hang this one on Rex, guys. Dumb, dumb fumbles from the running backs. Great aggressive defense, though. The Bears have been set up to fail, obv., but I think they'll get plenty of wins. I'm irritated by this loss, but things will come together. They have to.

I can't believe there were people who thought Jacksonville would actually put up enough offense to beat Tennessee. This team will never put up enough offense no matter who the QB is.