TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Cheers had a pretty great long run too.

It all depends on the writers. This year was a little weaker, IMO, but they should be able to bounce back hopefully.

I found this season to be a lot better than Season 3. I never got into the whole merger storyline

After thinking about it, I'm kind of hoping for a full-length season 5 as the end of it, and certainly no more than a 6th year. Season 1 and Season 4 basically make a full season their own, so there's really only been three full years of episodes at this point.

If they keep the funny coming, I see no reason for them NOT to go past a 5th and 6th season. I'd rather hope for the best, than assume the worst.

In my NYC travels, I was happy to see (though this is probably on NBC.com too) a shirt that read as follows on the front:

<Picture of Stanley Nickel> : <Picture of Schrute Buck> = <Picture of Unicorn> : <Picture of Leprechaun>

They also had the bathrobes that Pam had to give to Toby.

Finally got around to watching the latest episode yesterday and thought it was pretty good.

Michael agreeing to go to lamaze (sp?) class with Jan really irritated me, though. You'd think he'd finally be done with her, after basically being dragged from her house, and then he goes back again. At least his potential relationship with Holly should be interesting.

My favorite line was "Mr. Andrew Bernard...that has a nice ring to it."

GOLDEN GLOBE AND OSCAR NOMINEE, AMY RYAN, CLOCKS-IN AT DUNDER-MIFFLIN, REPRISING HER GUEST-STARRING ROLE AS THE NEW HR REPRESENTATIVE IN THE EMMY-AWARD WINNING COMEDY "THE OFFICE"

Released by NBC

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOLDEN GLOBE AND OSCAR NOMINEE, AMY RYAN, CLOCKS-IN AT DUNDER-MIFFLIN, REPRISING HER GUEST-STARRING ROLE AS THE NEW HR REPRESENTATIVE IN THE EMMY-AWARD WINNING COMEDY "THE OFFICE"

Universal City, CA June 30, 2008 Golden Globe and Academy-Award nominee Amy Ryan reprises her guest-starring role as Human Resources representative, Holly Flax, for multiple episodes in season five of the Emmy-Award-winning comedy "The Office." Amy Ryan's character, Holly Flax, was introduced in the season four finale episode, "Goodbye, Toby," as Toby Flenderson's (played by Paul Lieberstein) human resources replacement.

"The Office" season five premieres Thursday, September 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on NBC and picks-up from last season's finale, in which Holly Flax (Amy Ryan) joined the Dunder-Mifflin office the day of Toby's big going away party and seemed to strike a special friendship with Michael Scott (Golden-Globe Winner, Steve Carell) and Kevin Malone (Brian Baumgartner).

"Amy gave the character of 'Holly' an openness and matured innocence that exposed a new side of Michael (Steve Carell). She placed her character right on his level. With her, we now go into our fifth season with the possibilities of our first," said Paul Lieberstein, who was recently promoted to executive producer for season five and previously served as co-executive producer of "The Office."

Amy Ryan returns to the big screen this October in Clint Eastwood's "Changeling," opposite Angelina Jolie. She will also star in Paul Greengrass' adaptation of the novel "Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq's Green Zone," opposite Matt Damon, which is set for release in December. Ryan also completed the independent films "Bob Funk" written and directed by Craig Carlisle and "The Missing Person" also written and directed by Noah Buschel, both due out in 2009.

Ryan received critical acclaim for her role as Helen McCready in the 2007 film, "Gone Baby Gone," opposite Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman and Ed Harris. Her sympathetic portrayal of an otherwise despicable character was recognized with Academy Award, Golden Globe and SAG nominations in the Best Supporting Actress categories. Additionally, Ryan garnered Best Supporting Actress awards from the National Board of Review, Broadcast Film Critics Association (Critic's Choice Awards), New York Film Critics Circle, Los Angeles Film Critics and the Film Critics Societies of Boston, Washington D.C. and San Francisco. Ryan's previous film work includes; "Dan in Real Life," directed by Peter Hedges, "Capote," directed by Bennett Miller, "War of the Worlds," directed by Steven Spielberg, "Keane," directed by Lodge Kerrigan and "You Can Count on Me," directed by Kenneth Lonergan.

In television, Ryan's credits are extensive, with over thirty guest star performances and over eight series regular or recurring characters on primetime television shows. Most notably, she starred for five seasons as Officer Beatrice "Beadie" Russell on the critically acclaimed HBO drama "The Wire." On Broadway, she is a two-time Tony nominated actress for her performances in "Uncle Vanya," in 2000 and "A Street Car Named Desire" in 2005, opposite John C. Reilly. She also starred in "The Distance from Here" in London's West End.

"The Office" is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American audiences, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Howard Klein and is a production of Deedle-Dee Productions, Reveille LLC in association with Universal Media Studios.

"Amy gave the character of 'Holly' an openness and matured innocence that exposed a new side of Michael (Steve Carell). She placed her character right on his level. With her, we now go into our fifth season with the possibilities of our first," said Paul Lieberstein, who was recently promoted to executive producer for season five and previously served as co-executive producer of "The Office."

Holy hyperbole Batman.

From E Online-

People of Scranton, make room for beets. The Office is coming to town.

Pressman Toy and NBC Universal will be hosting a day of Office-themed festivities in the real-life version of the Pennsylvania burg where the Dunder Mifflinites push paper for a living to mark the release of a DVD board game and a trivia game revolving around the hit NBC sitcom, which is shot in Los Angeles but has become an important vein of tourism in Scranton.

Writer and executive producer Mindy Kaling, who also plays reliably obnoxious customer-service rep Kelly Kapoor, will preside over The Office Games July 19 (a Saturday, so people won't have to call in sick to their actual offices) at the Mall at Steamtown.

"Scranton is honored to have been selected as the first city in America whose retailers will stock The Office Trivia Game and DVD Board Game," Scranton Mayor Christopher Doherty said Monday. "We’ll be rolling out the beet red carpet for Ms. Kaling."

The event will kick off at 9 a.m. ET with a 2K Fun Run (that promises to actually be fun this time), to be followed by an Office trivia challenge, a Dwight-inspired beet-eating contest and an autograph session for the first 125 fans who purchase one of the two new games.

Part of The Office Games proceeds will go toward United Neighborhood Centers of Northeastern Pennsylvania, which provides community-building opportunities and services throughout northeastern Pennsylvania.

"I have been to Scranton before and am really excited to return for this fun event!” Kaling said.

The proud city also hosted The Office Convention in October 2007 and worked with NBC to secure episodes for free public screenings, sold official merchandise and lined up a series of writers, actors and producers to participate in Q&As and other activities.

In other Office news, NBC also confirmed today that Oscar nominee Amy Ryan will be back for at least five episodes next season as Holly, the Scranton branch's new HR rep who actually finds Michael endearing. For more on what's happening round the water cooler, check out Watch With Kristin.

Beadie Russel was not on five seasons of The Wire, only 4.

And I was just in Scranton... not like I'd only go back for Mindy Kaling, though.

Oh- sorry.

Really not much to the story. My friend and I went to the Daily Show to meet him, and even though there weren't many people there, he only stopped and signed for a second and wouldn't take any photos.

I told him I'd been a fan since the Dana Carvey Show, and he thanked me. But I didn't get a picture out of it.

He is not an asshole.

Well maybe he is, but at least he stopped for a few people and exchanged words with me. I only met him just to say I met every main cast member