TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

Edge vs. Taker would not be streak vs. streak. Edge did not win his match last year.

IIRC Edge wasn't pinned and he can make an amazing heelish excuse about him being injured / screwed and declaring himself unbeaten.

Alternatively WWE could just alter history.

That doesn't mean it would make it prestigious in the eyes of the fans. Edge vs. Taker would be awesome for WM, and it would have been even better if they were both undefeated at WM. However, Edge has a loss, and it should not be booked as so. If they brought that up, it would take away from the build-up it currently has.

That doesn't mean it would make it prestigious in the eyes of the fans. Edge vs. Taker would be awesome for WM, and it would have been even better if they were both undefeated at WM. However, Edge has a loss, and it should not be booked as so. If they brought that up, it would take away from the build-up it currently has.

They can always twist it and say that Edge has never been pinned at a WM.

Either way, I would LOVE to see Taker vs. Edge for the title. In fact, I'd order the PPV just for that match.

They can always twist it and say that Edge has never been pinned at a WM.

Either way, I would LOVE to see Taker vs. Edge for the title. In fact, I'd order the PPV just for that match.

I imagine they'd go that route. Edge would repeatedly bring up the fact he was "injured" in the Money in the Bank match and would have won otherwise.

Wrestlemania is the only PPV I consider buying each year, and I would definitely get it with an Edge/Undertaker match.

So how about opening the magazine and telling us the kayfabed story? Does it contain the answers to the code?

Anybody? Did anybody actually get the magazine in question? What is the story inside?

So how about opening the magazine and telling us the kayfabed story? Does it contain the answers to the code?

Anybody? Did anybody actually get the magazine in question? What is the story inside?

That's what I'm wondering. Also, any indication if he's going to be a heel, face, or tweener? He'll get a big pop on the return, but what's his character going to be like? (Will it be a continuation of his previous style or will they have changed it up a bit?)

Actually, I found this from Meltzer's update today:

--As noted yesterday, the Chris Jericho WWE Magazine cover shot is legit, and there is a major article inside talking with him, putting over the idea of working with Cena, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Undertake, Kennedy and MVP. He said he went to Lance Storm's wrestling school to work out some of his ring rust, and is coming back with a new finishing move and will debut some new moves. No more long hair, either.

--As noted yesterday, the Chris Jericho WWE Magazine cover shot is legit, and there is a major article inside talking with him, putting over the idea of working with Cena, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Undertake, Kennedy and MVP. He said he went to Lance Storm's wrestling school to work out some of his ring rust, and is coming back with a new finishing move and will debut some new moves. No more long hair, either.

Good, no more looking like an idiot trying to turn the bigger guys over for the Walls. I can't even imagine him trying to turn someone like Batista or (God forbid) Khali over. Either he'd fall over or they'd wreck their back/hamstrings.

I'm curious as to what his new finishing move will be? If he has a quick move that he can nail out of nowhere (ala the Stunner) then this could add a whole new dynamic to his matches.

I remember back in 2001-2002 when he tried a couple new finishers, but neither ever really caught on. He beat The Rock for the WCW World Title with a Full Nelson Face Buster called "The Breakdown", then when he was sent to Smackdown in the first WWE Roster Draft, he started using a sleeper-slam called "The Flashback". I would like to see him try something different other than the Walls of Jericho or Lionsault. Not that I necessarily dislike either move, but just to see him do something different. How many different finishers has he been through anyway?

I never watched any of his pre-WCW Work so this is all I have to work with:

WCW -

Liontamer

Lionsault (did he use this in WCW?)

Double Powerbomb (can't remember if he ever actually won a match with it)

Several Submissions used just to add to his feuds, ex: Canadian Jericho Maple leaf: A Combination of the Liontamer and Texas Cloverleaf - he made at least 1 other cruiserweight tap out with this while feuding with Dean Malenko.

WWE -

Walls of Jericho

Lionsault

Breakdown

Flashback

Jericho sure has gone through a lot of alternate finishers, and regarless of what his new one will be, I hope he doesn't get rid of the Walls of Jericho. If nothing else its a move that he can pull out near the end of a decent match for a false finish. But then again, that was the problem with the Walls during his last run, he hardly made anyone tap with it. It was one of those moves that you hoped he would win with, but seldom did.

I remember him trying the Enziguiri for a short while. The only bad part about it was he botched it more often than not. At one of the Spring 2004 PPV's, he had a match against Tomko and pinned him after executing an Enziguiri to the ass. I'm pretty pumped for Monday Night though. I know we have a fantasy booking folder for things like this, but I think Jericho and Santino in a "dueling mics" segment would make for classic TV.

A Jericho and Santino segment would be pure gold. I guess it would be a quick, easy fued for Jericho to get over with the crowd, shake off any ring rust he has, and then hop into a bigger fued.

The problem with Jericho's enzuigiri is all the other guys doing enzuigiris that don't win matches with it.

Wow I am STOKED he's going with a new finisher. I hope it's a new submission. I loved the Liontamer, but the Walls was a porrly executed Boston Crab and had NO credibility in my eyes, whether people tapped or not.

I don't mind the Walls of Jericho as his submission finisher, but I'd like to see him add an impact move as well. Like mentioned before, the stunner was a perfect example of a move Jericho needs. A quick, high-impact move that can be hit on large and small opponents effectively. Jericho's not very big so so any finisher where he'll have to lift could be bad, especially against someone like Umaga. The enzuigiri was a great idea but unfortunately used a lot so to have Jericho end with it would take a little work. You'd have to condition the fans into believing that for whatever reason, his was more deadly/lethal than anyone else doing it. Same with any DDT/neckbreaker variation, not that I have a problem with him using any of those.

Dont know if anyone saw "The Hour" last night, (Its a Canadian show) but the host George Stroumboulopoulos, asked Jericho when he was coming back, Jericho wouldnt say but than George asked Jericho to whisper it in his ear, like he does with many of his guests who dont want to tell a secret, Jericho did whispher the date in his ear, and while leaning away said lowly but loud enough for everyone to hear Jericho say "Next year." It was obviously Jericho attempting to throw people off since he didnt try to cover it up whatsoever as if it was a slip of the mouth that he wasnt supposed to say. George also said it would be his birthday which through a wikipedia serch I found out is August 16th.

That was a interesting tidbit in the interview which was a great interview with Jericho done by someone who had obviously done their homework. They mostly talked about the book, but also touched on his pursuits outside of wrestling during Jericho's break such music and acting and of course touched on Chris Benoit just because every interviewer has to ask a wrestler about it these days but they only talked a little about Benoit and most of that part of the conversation was about Jericho's past with Benoit and not the double murder-suicide.

You can see clips from the interview here: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1789

Pretty decent interview. Thats the one thing that I have liked about George's interviews is that the guy does his homework and simply does not go but only the well known facts, or what they have done recently.

Since there is really nobody outside of maybe Lashley, would it be possible that Jericho wins the Rumble?

If the WWE is smart enough, they hold off Jericho's debut until the Rumble. Then his next match is the title shot at Wrestlemania. That way he is no over exposed in the ring.

Since there is really nobody outside of maybe Lashley, would it be possible that Jericho wins the Rumble?

If the WWE is smart enough, they hold off Jericho's debut until the Rumble. Then his next match is the title shot at Wrestlemania. That way he is no over exposed in the ring.

If he's not going into Wrestlemania as the champion, I'd put my money on Edge to win the Royal Rumble.

That's what I'm wondering. Also, any indication if he's going to be a heel, face, or tweener? He'll get a big pop on the return, but what's his character going to be like? (Will it be a continuation of his previous style or will they have changed it up a bit?)

vs. Cena. It's been done and I know Cena will go over Jericho again, so there is no point.

vs. Michaels, we'll see if they can do it again

vs. HHH, please no, unless they have HHH a heel, Jericho a face AND Jericho goes over HHH for a world title. Outside of that mix, no way I want to see this, EVER again

vs. Undertaker. Do it. If 2008 is gonna be Taker's last year, then we need fresh feuds such as with Jericho and Edge

vs. MVP, we'll get some good mic work, but it'll be a little early to work with him

some other feuds that make sense

vs. Orton

vs. Lashley

vs. Kane, DAMNIT, I want to see a battle over spilled coffee once again

vs. Cena. It's been done and I know Cena will go over Jericho again, so there is no point.

vs. Michaels, we'll see if they can do it again

vs. HHH, please no, unless they have HHH a heel, Jericho a face AND Jericho goes over HHH for a world title. Outside of that mix, no way I want to see this, EVER again

vs. Undertaker. Do it. If 2008 is gonna be Taker's last year, then we need fresh feuds such as with Jericho and Edge

vs. MVP, we'll get some good mic work, but it'll be a little early to work with him

some other feuds that make sense

vs. Orton

vs. Lashley

vs. Kane, DAMNIT, I want to see a battle over spilled coffee once again

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets Kennedy pretty early in his comeback.

Hell, it wouldn't shock me if Kennedy was his return feud.

Same here. I can picture Kennedy in the ring... about to finish his "Mr. Kennedy" line... lights go out... the last save_us_222 video plays... reveals its Jericho... crowd goes nuts... Jericho laces into Kennedy in a similar fashion to the debut promo he did against The Rock (Not Saying Kennedy is on the same level as The Rock, but it would a similar set-up).

I would love to see Kennedy be Jericho's return feud or maybe even Umaga. As long as its not someone who's not a lower level guy or someone who's been on a crappy run lately like Carlito.