TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

The actual part of F4W talking about Brooke getting fired:

Brooke of Extreme Expose was dropped. A sad day. She had a ton of heat with different girls and even had a confrontation with Melina at Raw over furry boots. Seriously. It was a GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT argument, since Melina wears the boots and I guess Brooke was trying to wear them as well. As stupid as this sounds, Vince was actually upset that Brooke was ignorant about the issue and "not protective of Melina's gimmick". Like Melina is the only girl on Earth to wear furry boots. There is a belief which I cannot confirm that Melina went to Vince and complained, and he made the call to axe Brooke. Johnny Ace was one of her big supporters and fought hard for her to stay, but was overruled. I wouldn't be surprised if Eve from the Diva Search ended up getting her spot. When Brooke was first hired the idea was for her to be one of the Funkette dancers when Flash Funk re-debuted. Ace paid for her to take dance lessons and develop a routine. Of course, Funk never redebuted and thus there weren't any Funkettes. Ace always pushed hard for her to debut on all three of the brands, which became a running joke because she wasn't a good promo, couldn't work, and didn't seem to have any good instincts about being a performer.

That's the best.

"Why did you get fired from your last job?"

"I wore fuzzy boots :("

Hasn't Mickie worn fuzzy boots before? Or Torrie?

I heard the last guy got fired cause his nose whistled when he breathed!!!

She's the reason why Jimmy Jacobs hasn't been signed yet. Or The Beserker for that matter.

Ya know, Jacobs dropped the Huss! gimmick around the time Melina came around WWE. I wouldn't put it past Melina to have sent Jacobs a cease and desist letter. Melina and Batista are perfect for each other.

Guest DCH

Melina is a bitch on and off character. Plus she's ugly as hell. Brooke is pretty good looking. Also, Sur. Series ECW match is Triple Threat for the ECW championship, Punk/Morrison/Miz. Guess that rules out Balls/Kelly vs Miz/Layla

We'll have more on the death of Fabulous Moolah, 84, next week, as well as a story on WWE's latest financial report

Both Harry Smith and Chris Masters were suspended this week. Harry got a 30-day first-time suspension and Masters got a second strike 60-day. When the Signature Pharmacy suspensions went down in September the company announced that as of November 1st they were going to make all Wellness failures public. At the time, Congress was compiling witness lists and talking to various people about who should be called to testify, and the rumor was that hearings would be taking place in mid to late September.

Vince McMahon was dead serious about everything at the time, calling another meeting and telling people to get off drugs and telling the creative team that he was going to enforce the three-strike rule to the letter. Of course, it was only about a month later that McMahon and HHH both came down to the ring for Raw matches looking nearly as big as ever, and after a few weeks the usual shrinking wrestlers suddenly stopped shrinking and started growing again. By October, Congressional talk had really died down, and while they were still contacting wrestlers and asking them if they had any information about the problems in wrestling, it was clear from reading the letters that they were in absolutely no hurry to get anything done.

The prevailing belief is that before they started talking to people they thought this was just pro-wrestling, and cleaning up a drug problem would be easy. After talking to people, however, it became clear that this was a major issue with no easy answer. Plus, it seemed that they wanted people to tell them that Vince McMahon had flat-out told them to get on steroids, which of course he never has (and, of late, has insisted the exact opposite). We're in November and Congress shuts down for the rest of the year in about two weeks, so nothing is happening in 2007, and I have little hope of anything happening in 2008.

It should also be noted that in September, when WWE did the suspensions and announced the changes effective November 1, most in the mainstream media were snowed and looked at this as a positive and proactive step by WWE. The reality is that the suspensions came over two weeks after WWE got the list of names, and based on who was suspended and what their role had been on TV, it was very clear that the only reason WWE acted was because they learned the names were going to come out publicly and decided to give the impression they were being proactive. I am pretty confident that had Sports Illustrated and other outlets never gotten hold of the names, WWE would have never suspended the guys.

Regarding the November 1st deadline, my feeling has been since day one that we'd only see lower and mid-level guys suspended, and no top stars. Vince, as noted, insisted that the three-strike rule would be enforced to the letter no matter who it was, but even as he was saying that there were major questions about how Randy Orton hadn't hit a third strike yet.

To this day, nobody has a really good answer, except that perhaps in the world of WWE, if you get sent to rehab it does not count as a strike. I cannot confirm this, but it does appear to be the case based upon Masters' latest suspension, because according to someone who would be in a position to know, there was, and I quote, NO FUCKING WAY that this was only Masters' second strike. The reality of failures is that there are still so many loopholes in the Wellness policy that you really have to be a total moron to fail, and thus the top stars, who have the money and the "best" doctors and such, aren't going to fail anytime soon. Failures at this point appear to be guys who maybe had a moment of weakness shortly before a test (perhaps a Jeff Hardy), young guys who maybe wouldn't know any better yet (I'm giving Harry the benefit of the doubt here), and morons (Masters, especially since he's just now coming off a 30-day suspension from September).

It is interesting that in noting the failures, WWE is only announcing that they failed, not outright saying what it is that they had in their system. For Masters, given his track record, it would appear to be steroids, but we don't know for sure. For Harry, the Fight Network is reporting that he failed for Winstrol. In an interview in 2003, he told Slam Wrestling!, "I've never taken steroids, I don't plan to. I loved my Dad, and yes he made mistakes, but I have learned from them. I won't go down that path." This was four years ago. I don't know what happened, but I do know that Harry always had a reputation for being super clean, and never even drank until he got into wrestling and in some ways it was sort of expected. The fact that his father died in part due to long-term steroid abuse, and the fact that Harry was so close to Chris Benoit had people shaking their heads all week.

Regarding rumors that Harry failed a test in September and they held the suspension off until November so it could look like they were serious, I'm told by people close to the situation that this is likely not the case. Debuting him with a win over Carlito and then putting him into the mix the week after with Jeff Hardy and Kennedy when the plan all along was to suspend him on November 1 just makes absolutely no sense. Plus, he's an unknown with a lot of upside and it would be even dumber than their usual MO to sacrifice him like this, particularly when Masters, because he's been around, is a perfectly fine sacrifice. Also, when Vince spoke to the creative team immediately afterwards he basically said that when Harry came back he wouldn't be punished, but he also wouldn't be pushed hard yet. It's similar to RVD in that he'll be a lame duck for a few months when he returns. This also suggests Vince was caught off guard by the suspension.

Brooke of Extreme Expose was dropped. A sad day. She had a ton of heat with different girls and even had a confrontation with Melina at Raw over furry boots. Seriously. It was a GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT argument, since Melina wears the boots and I guess Brooke was trying to wear them as well. As stupid as this sounds, Vince was actually upset that Brooke was ignorant about the issue and "not protective of Melina's gimmick". Like Melina is the only girl on Earth to wear furry boots.

There is a belief which I cannot confirm that Melina went to Vince and complained, and he made the call to axe Brooke. Johnny Ace was one of her big supporters and fought hard for her to stay, but was overruled. I wouldn't be surprised if Eve from the Diva Search ended up getting her spot. When Brooke was first hired the idea was for her to be one of the Funkette dancers when Flash Funk re-debuted. Ace paid for her to take dance lessons and develop a routine. Of course, Funk never redebuted and thus there weren't any Funkettes. Ace always pushed hard for her to debut on all three of the brands, which became a running joke because she wasn't a good promo, couldn't work, and didn't seem to have any good instincts about being a performer.

WWE sold 46,000 tickets to Mania on the first day tickets went on sale this past weekend. They're already calling it the biggest-grossing event in the history of the Citrus Bowl. Still a ton of tickets left, but it'll definitely sell out.

Lionsgate signed a $20 million deal with USA Network and Sci-Fi for broadcast TV rights to a number of films, including 3:10 to Yuma, Saw II and Good Luck Chuck (after they make their runs on Showtime, HBO, etc.). Condemned was also in the deal, so at some point it'll play on USA.

credit:F4W Newsletter

- Congress recently sent letters to a number of WWE superstars regarding steroids and such. The main question being asked is if Vince McMahon ever told them to take steroids. It doesn't look like the previously planned Congressional hearings on pro wrestling will be happening after all, as the current Congress session ends in a week or so and it's not on any schedule for the hearings.

- Al Snow is now engaged to former WWF Hardcore Champion Cynthia "Bobcat" Lynch who used to be one of The Godfather's "Ho's" when she won the Hardcore title from Crash Holly in 2000. She is currently working for the Women Extreme Wrestling promotion and Al is still training WWE developmental talents.

- Al Snow is now engaged to former WWF Hardcore Champion Cynthia "Bobcat" Lynch who used to be one of The Godfather's "Ho's" when she won the Hardcore title from Crash Holly in 2000. She is currently working for the Women Extreme Wrestling promotion and Al is still training WWE developmental talents.

I remember a few years ago on WWE Confidential they did a "Cribs" rip-off on Al Snow, his daughter was pretty cute, and I think they showed his then-wife too, but I might be wrong. Well, I have no point to this, other than I didn't know Al had gotten a divorce.

Wow, if Brooke really got fired over wearing furry boots then there is something seriously wrong with the company. I know its part of Melina's look, but if it was just a one time thing for Brooke, then it really doesn't make a difference, or even cross the viewers mind. Now, if Brooke was trying to make it a regualr part of her "look", then I can see Melina having an issue with that. That's almost as retarded as Austin kicking up shit over other people wearing black knee braces to the ring.

Wow, if Brooke really got fired over wearing furry boots then there is something seriously wrong with the company. I know its part of Melina's look, but if it was just a one time thing for Brooke, then it really doesn't make a difference, or even cross the viewers mind. Now, if Brooke was trying to make it a regualr part of her "look", then I can see Melina having an issue with that. That's almost as retarded as Austin kicking up shit over other people wearing black knee braces to the ring.

She flipped out on Mickie James for the same thing....

I have a friend who trained to be a wrestler for a period of time, he was explaining to me things they were told about "locker room etiquette" most of it is really fuckin lame and he basically described it as the dumbest shit on earth. You can basically get heat and possibly be fired for the dumbest shit you could ever think of.

She flipped out on Mickie James for the same thing....

I have a friend who trained to be a wrestler for a period of time, he was explaining to me things they were told about "locker room etiquette" most of it is really fuckin lame and he basically described it as the dumbest shit on earth. You can basically get heat and possibly be fired for the dumbest shit you could ever think of.

I remember hearing about the Mickie shit a while back. Didn't Mickie wear a shoe like a sneaker, just with a fur trim around the top?

Anyways, I really think guys in the buisness as a whole are a little too protective over their characters in general. Yes, you do have to draw the line somewhere, but they can back off a bit without it being an issue.

according to WWE.com Masters has been released, the standard WE WISH HIM WELL IN HIS FUTURE ENDAVORS

according to WWE.com Masters has been released, the standard WE WISH HIM WELL IN HIS FUTURE ENDAVORS

Although the caption should also read, "We hope he knows whats good for him and doesn't run his mouth and you know what."

Guest Kesh

so yea, looking at the card for Survivor Series

is there any other matches that WWE can add?

I like the 5 v 5 match but they kind of lumped everything other than the title feuds into that match

Hopefully that match, Taker/Batista, HBK/Orton all get 20+ minutes

I found this interview done by Bret Hart on prowrestling.com that was supposedly done by WWE.com, but I can't seem to find it on the WWE website. Did anyone happen to catch it on the site?

With the upcoming tenth anniversary of Bret “The Hit Man” Hart’s last appearance in a WWE ring, WWE.com conducted an interview with Hart that is now on the official web site. The interview touches on the Montreal Screwjob and more. Below are some of the highlights:

Wishing that the incident never happened: "I wish things had never changed and that I was still [in WWE],” stated a very frank Hit Man. “I look back on that incident as a bad decision by Vince McMahon and WWE. I think we all can look back and know that there was a better way to do things." He continued, "It's a shame that things happened the way they did, but in the end, I think people have always respected me for being someone who always stood behind his beliefs, and stood up for himself."

Not forgiving people that played a part in the 'Montreal Screwjob': "There were a lot of elements that worked during that period; a lot of political jealousies and rivalries," the five-time WWE Champion claimed. "I don’t forgive anybody involved in that – from Gerald Brisco to Michaels to Triple H to Vince. But at the same time, I realize that life’s too short to carry around hard feelings on an everyday basis."

On McMahon having no other choice but to do what he did: "I take issue with anyone who ever suggests that there was no other choice,” Hart asserted. “But, Vince was under a fair bit of pressure financially back then. I can feel for him a little. I think [McMahon] has told me himself – and I believe him – that he wishes things had been done differently and has regrets about it. It should’ve never happened, but it did happen... and I have moved on."

Fans believing in him more than Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior: "The fans really believed in me, more so than the Hogans and the Warriors," a candid Hit Man told WWE.com. "I think I was the most basic wrestler; I wasn’t the big guy, the most flamboyant and certainly not the most charismatic; but I was the most real. My wrestling was real, my personality was real and my interaction with the fans was real."

WWE.com will have part two of their interview with Hart tomorrow as they tease he will give his thoughts on Batista, John Cena, and more.

Although the caption should also read, "We hope he knows whats good for him and doesn't run his mouth and you know what."

If he did they could just say he's a former disgruntled employee with an ax to grind because he got fired for being a drug addict.

- There was actually an idea pitched to Triple H by WWE Creative to call The Great Khali’s handler “Arab Bischoff” in the opening D-Generation X segment this past Monday on RAW. For whatever reason the line ended up not getting used.

- Several people in WWE were said to be happy with Santino Marella’s work on RAW this past Monday in the beer truck segment with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Many were surprised at the lack of pop that Austin received but felt that Marella sold the “hose down” well.

- The current plan for Chris Jericho’s WWE return is for it to occur the night after Survivor Series on the November 19th edition of RAW from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. It is not likely that Jericho will return at the pay-per-view as the company does not want to overshadow the upcoming return of Edge. While all return plans are subject to change, November 19th is the current date WWE officials are working with.

What exactly is Edge going to do at Survivor Series?

Interupt the HIAC by chainsawing through the ring itself or the cell or run-in during the elimination match and go after Kane since he was the one who took him out.

What exactly is Edge going to do at Survivor Series?

Interupt the HIAC by chainsawing through the ring itself or the cell or run-in during the elimination match and go after Kane since he was the one who took him out.

Regarding Edge sawing through the ring to get out from under it and into the cell...the cell contains the ring and some area around it, so all Edge would have to do is crawl out. I guess if he does use a chainsaw it will be to get through the cell.

Where did the chainsaw talk come from?

W01120X.JPG

Yes, it's just a poster but it'd still be quite a sight. Going through the ring would just be for dramatic effect.

WWE RELEASES FORMER OVW CHAMPION

By: Bob Ryder

11/8/2007

Jacob Duncan, a former OVW Heavyweight Champion, was released from his WWE contract earlier today. Duncan, real name Ryan Wilson, had been under a WWE developmental contract assigned to OVW since November 2005. Prior to signing the WWE contract, he had worked in TNA as Trytan and as a member of Red Shirt Security.