TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

Caught the last 30 minutes. Marty match was good for a Kennedy match, thought I heard a few small Marty chants and a Kennedy sucks chants, nothing big though. I have to say I found Austin entertaining tonight, I usually don't like his random appearances, but the Summerslam one and tonight were both funny in my opinion, McMahon's selling of his beating was great too.

I noticed Hulk made sure his bandana stayed in place about three times during the fight with Khali, and Hogan usually ends up throwing off the bandana during a fight. I thought someone just took a hair straightener to his hair, but the extension thing makes sense.

And Austin was drunk off his ass tonight. He was slurring all of his words, made two gay jokes, and sounded very, VERY more redneck than usual.

I just got back from the show. My friends and I had great seats, and this was easily the most entertaining show I've ever been to. Just seeing a lot of these old guys comeback for one night was fantastic. The crowd was hot throughout the show, except during Kennedy vs Jannetty where eveyrone just died completely. The legends battle royal got over pretty big, except for guys who were relatively unknown to much of the crowd like The Goon and Bart Gunn.

The dark match was DH Smith defeating Steve Corino

After the show, the beer bash went on for about 10 more minutes. I caught most of it on film, so I'll upload some pics and videos tomorrow. I assume that The Godfathers women may may have legitimately been prostitutes and / or nude models as they started flashing their tits at the crowd for some reason during the beer bash. Overall though, just a fantastic show to be at live. Motherfucking Bastion Booger, The Repo Man, Skinner, and Gillberg, that's all I have to say. All the legends had intros live as well, not sure if they went to commercial on TV.

Guest cheetoe

I think Jericho is coming off a little like a prima-donna pretty boy and the fans are having a hard time relating to him. He really is coming off like a poor mans Bon Jovi, and it's not a good thing. He needs to be in the ring wrestling more. It would help.

During the Hardy/Carlito match I actually heard the crowd getting on Carlito more than I've heard in recent memory. Is that more due to the fact that he worked hard tonight or that he was facing Hardy,who seems to becoming more and more of a crowd favorite as the weeks go by. Not to mention the fact that his matches are paced very well, he sells pretty damn well, and he makes just about everyone he faces look like a legitimate threat to win. Carlito didn't get anywhere near as much heat when he was working that mini-program against HHH. I think right now Hardy is helping the buisness more than any of the so called main eventers on the roster.

It didn't really seem like the crowd was very familiar with many of the more recent stars like Trish and Lita. I expected much more of a reaction, especially for Trish. It's true the audience is pretty young and they really don't have a clue about the history. You could tell that when DiBiase came out. It seemed like alot of people were confused. It's sad, but most people really aren't familiar with the historical value of entertainment/athletics. I know people who had no clue the Colts once played in Baltimore, or that "I am Legend" is a remake of "The Omega Man". What can you do?

I wouldn't mind a Hogan/Kahli match at WM. 5 minutes down memory lane never hurt anyone.

I think the WWF/E REALLY dropped the ball with RVD. More than once.

If the idea of Holly/Rhodes is to get Cody over. Cody should have got the pin. I think Hollys presence has hurt this angle more than anything else.

Edge gets it. He realizes better than anyone else what his role is and how to perform it.

Tonights show was alot of fun. It was awesome seeing all the characters from the past. It always is. :)

I saw one of the Hos during the first segment start to flash Hornswoggle but abruptly stopped, so someone probably screamed "NO".

Thought it was funny seeing Bart "Smokin" Gunn come out to the Brawl 4 All theme and tron.

I must have been the only one who was holding out hope El Matador Tito Santana would be in the battle royal. Him having Skinner or Repo Man be the bull would have been a hoot and a half.

Plus, Monsoon and Heenan (well obviously if alive and/or healthy) would be perfect for these reunion shows to call a match.

Best Raw all year by a mile, I wanna know what was up with Hogans comment on Savage.

Hey, maybe Marty wasn't lying last time when he said they didn't fire him, maybe they just waited a really, really, really, really long time to use him.

I saw one of the Hos during the first segment start to flash Hornswoggle but abruptly stopped, so someone probably screamed "NO".

Actually I think she rubbed her tits in his face, or was damn close to doing it.

I was dissappointed by the lack of reaction to some of the older guys and the reactions to Lita and Trish. I hate crowds/fans who have no appreciation of anything older than this year.

Jericho has just been...blah since coming back. The crowds feel the same way apparently.

And that ladder match sucked a hard one. I like Hardy but Carlito just looks apathetic all the time.

Shhhhh, you better not say that or they will say you hate jericho or something.

Really though I totally agree. Every segment he has been in has been flat and the crowd has even booed him once. They just don't accept him as a face...he is so much better as a heel.

Just look at tonight, when he hit Eric, there was absolutely no positive crowd response. Jericho as a face just doesn't work...especially the way he dresses.

This is my favorite. I agree that Jericho has been kinda bland on the stick since coming back, but what is with everyone whining about his clothes? I personally don't give a shit about what some cat is wearing to the ring if he's entertaining. A sparkly vest is gay......as opposed to watching guys rolling around in their underwear with other men all oiled up. I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be flamboyant, he's supposed to be a showman, like an 80s rock star (think David Lee Roth).

I think this was a pretty entertaining show though. Sadly, I laughed at Hornswoggle at the end, pretending to talk to Triple H while casually dumping beer on McMahon.

On a side note, does anyone have any clue what was up with Hogan referencing Savage? I know their past and Macho's album and all that, but that seemed really random to mention.

Well for me personally, I don't really care how he dresses. I'm just throwing out a reason why crowd/fans have not gotten behind him. You have to admit he dresses sort of...odd.

Hey, maybe Marty wasn't lying last time when he said they didn't fire him, maybe they just waited a really, really, really, really long time to use him.

Or maybe he's just the WWE's Soloman Grundy

Actually I think she rubbed her tits in his face, or was damn close to doing it.

I was dissappointed by the lack of reaction to some of the older guys and the reactions to Lita and Trish. I hate crowds/fans who have no appreciation of anything older than this year.

The lack of reaction to Lita wasn't too suprising since she went out as a heel. But barely anything for Trish?? That made no sense. Maybe the crowd was just burnt out after Hogan and Evolution etc.

I think the fans aren't getting behind Jericho for three reasons:

1) As many have pointed out, he dresses very metrosexually

2) Everyone's last memory of him was as a heel, feuding with crowd favorite John Cena and getting fired like a bitch because he went like 0-25 against Cena

3) What has he done to deserve a title shot? He sits out for 2.5 years, waltzes back in and immediately he gets a title shot? I don't think many fans buy that

it was really, really nice to see so many old faces, it really made me mark out quite a bit throughout the whole show.

What really sucked was the crowd not appreciating all these faces like they should have. Crowds really make or break a show sometimes, and perhaps WWE should better plan to do these kinds of things in cities that have histories for being old school fans.

Great show. Gillberg's appearance shocked the hell out of me. And they went all out for it, too.

My only complaint is that the show should have been kept off until an MSG date.

Raw was very fun to watch tonight. I'm glad I got it on tape. By the way, I told Gangrel you all marked for his enterance.

Easily comparable to ECW ONS 05 for all of the sheer nostaligic factor all night long. Really fun to watch, shows like this can't even be put in the same category as a normal weekly show, for numerous reasons.

If I had my druthers, I would have loved to see Sid for sure (debuting as Kennedy's bodyguard is a GREAT idea), Stacy Kiebler integrated with Lita and Trish, Sean Waltman showing up out of the blue during the brief DX part, and at the end, I thought Cena and Rock would have been an awesome touch to all of that. Of course the ultimate ending would have been Austin getting Vince back up, and introducing Bret Hart, who would come out as a one night only thing to deck Vince. But regardless, I still enjoyed the shit out of this show. The end was a bit anticlimactic, and honestly expected some huge surprise at the end, but it was not to be. But the beer bash at the end was somewhat fitting, if not predictable, though (see ONS 05 with the same general premise for the end of that show too). Boy, HHH sure had camera time tonight for sure. Opening segment was all kinds of quirky fun.

Will be interesting if anyone who kind of came back tonight will be getting any long term deals. One would guess that RVD has resigned perhaps (send him to ECW, stat) and I would actually love to see Sunny get another chance in the big time, she's definately back to being pretty easy on the eyes again. I would love to see Bischoff back full time as well, there is a ready made feud with him managing someone against Jericho. Jannetty looked burned out and really didnt work that great of a match. I'm sure he'll be gone again and back in a year for another job to random jobber feuding w/ Michaels.

So Hogan v. Khali at Mania? I would personally rather see a Mick Foley heel turn on Hogan, but hey.....

WWE.Com has posted a video of all the entrances for the battle royal without the commercial break, complete with who-the-fuck-is-this responses for IRS and Skinner.

Guest Chindogg

It'd be nice if RVD was resigned or considered to be resigned but lets face it he's pretty much done.

It'd be nice if RVD was resigned or considered to be resigned but lets face it he's pretty much done.

Yeah he did a post-match interview on the WWE site that all but said he's not ready to come back yet, so that appears to have been a one time deal, for now.

Sunny and Melina would make a great little pairing as a sexy heel vixen teacher/student duo kind of thing. In due time, you turn Melina on Sunny (who would go face) and there ya go.

I just got home (back to school) from the show so I'm really fucking tired and I'm gonna go to bed, but I'll give my thoughts on the show tomorrow. All I want to say for now is that yes, the crowd sucked, and I hated the lack of response for a lot of the guys that came out, but RVD's return was fucking awesome. I hadn't read about him being there so I was totally shocked and it was probably my favorite moment of the night. Overall, it was a great show.

Confirming that Rob Van Dam's return was (for now) a one-night-only thing, WWE.Com has added a bio for him in the WWE Alumni section.

Well since Trish is out of wrestling, that might be what her body looks like more naturally. I didn't think Lita looked chubby though....

I think WWE should really look into getting some kind of network going, so that the newer fans can atleast see the older stuff without having to pay 30 bucks a month and go ondemand to see it. I mean they can keep their current set-up with the ondemand, usa cw and sci-fi, but they'd also have a network ala the nfl where if you missed the show that week you could watch it throughout the week until the following monday, tuesday, friday. They could also broadcast what they had on the ondemand service throughout the week such as ppvs, nwa tv, ecw tv, etc. I'd hate to see the history of the sport disappear except for whatever number of internet fans there is, which even a good percentage of the net fans don't know a lot of the older stuff.