TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

There may be many reasons why the crowd isn't behind Jericho, but the way he dresses is NOT one of them. For fuck sakes, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Why does Shawn Michaels get a crowd reaction? What about the Hardys even?

Riiiight, I'm sure if Jericho came out wearing black tights, the crowd would be super hot for him!

I think it boils down to this.

-He was a heel when he left that was begging not to lose his job.

-He's not as big of a star as he seems to think. He's a bigger star than a Randy Orton sure, but he's a level below guys like HBK, HHH, and hell even the younger John Cena.

-His character seems to be more suited as a heel. He seems to be a guy you have to run with as a heel for awhile, and let his natural charisma draw the crowd into cheering him, and then you turn him face.

-His reactions the two weeks I've watched weren't that horrible. The first week was a damn good response imo.

-Plus before he left he had been in mid-card Ic title hell for probably two years straight. Then out of the blue he left with a few title shots. He needs convincing wins for credibility.

I think a good tv match with Shawn Michaels, or a good 20-30 minute rematch with Orton on the RAW after the next ppv could do a lot to get the newer fans, or those not interested in him back into him. That's just my opinion though.

Hey, maybe Marty wasn't lying last time when he said they didn't fire him, maybe they just waited a really, really, really, really long time to use him.

Or maybe he's just the WWE's Soloman Grundy

Born on a Monday...

I think WWE should really look into getting some kind of network going, so that the newer fans can atleast see the older stuff without having to pay 30 bucks a month and go ondemand to see it. I mean they can keep their current set-up with the ondemand, usa cw and sci-fi, but they'd also have a network ala the nfl where if you missed the show that week you could watch it throughout the week until the following monday, tuesday, friday. They could also broadcast what they had on the ondemand service throughout the week such as ppvs, nwa tv, ecw tv, etc. I'd hate to see the history of the sport disappear except for whatever number of internet fans there is, which even a good percentage of the net fans don't know a lot of the older stuff.

No They Dont...

It's just the fans today I think...

When i was i 6/7 back in 92/93.

I used to spend my allowance renting old wrestling tapes

from Hollywood video..Old WrestleManias so I can know the history

old SummerSlams..The old Coliseum Home Videos...

It's just not like that now...Too much other shit to watch

Only watched up until the Evolution segment (goddamn work in the morning) but I started to download RAW before I left the house this morning. Sounds like a fun little show. Gotta love how RVD really made Santino look like a jobber. Kick, 5-Star Frog Splash, 2 minutes of taunting, and then get the pin. Awesome.

Why was the RVD/Santino match so short? They could have easily have taken 3-4 minutes from Janetty/Kennedy which was too long.

Janetty needs new ring gear. Sure he looks like shit, but the ring gear makes him look 10x worse.

Battle Royal was shitty. Nobody in there was worth anything. It needed bigger names or a reason to exist - say a contract on the line or something. Skinner was in there so damn long? Why? IRS, Slaughter and Skinner get the F3 spots because they still work for the company fulltime? Keirn would play a great dirty old man character. No Head Cheese reference was disappointing as well.

Old Austin would kick his own ass if he saw what he has become.

Hulk was fun - however you know he was there because he's down on his luck. Kissing wwe ass now because he might need the gig to pay some bills rings hollow.

Molly is still hot as hell.

Carlito pulled off some pretty nice stuff in the ladder match, he's still heavy footed so his flippyshit moves in slow motion, but he pulls it off.

HHH plays a terrible funny man.

I'll never care about Team NAMBLA.

Wrestling fans love midgets.

Show ran out of gas near the end. Janetty/Kennedy was too long and killed the tired crowd and the final segment seemed poorly put together. Mankind and Austin are played out and nobody cares for them other than the initial nostalgia pop.

I'm surprised they showed Angle, Christian, Booker T, Goldust, Nash, and Dudley's in highlight packages.

I marked-out for RVD. I wasn't expecting it at all as I made a conscious effort not to read the list of names beforehand. RVD looked good and I'm glad he got a great pop. It's a shame it's only for this week.

atleast see the older stuff without having to pay 30 bucks a month and go ondemand to see it.

WWE 24/7 is only 7 or 8 bucks a month. I had it for a while and liked it, but cancelled because my cable bill was already getting too high as was. There's no need to exaggerate so much to make your point, though.

That said, I really don't think there would be enough interest in an all-WWE wrestling network, to be honest. The people who want to watch RAW, Smackdown, etc. already watch it or tape it when it's on.

Wait, Molly showed up?!?! Damn having to work until 10:30. Does anyone have pics or know where I can download a copy of this besides torrents?

I really hope Jericho turns heel after he eats an RKO on Sunday. I don't know if this makes sense, but he's really annoying in a entertaining way and that is why you love to hate him when he's a heel. When he's a face he's just annoying.

For some reason he hasn't been able to pull off a strong face chatacter since 2000-2001.

I don't see anything wrong with Jericho. And he's -always- dressed strangely, so the "he's dressed weird so he's not over" doesn't hold water.

Then again, this is the same board that was always CONSTANTLY bitching about how "stale" he was unless he was a heel, then it was magically okay.

Also, it seems like the crowds (Flair show aside) have just been weak.

Wait, Molly showed up?!?! Damn having to work until 10:30. Does anyone have pics or know where I can download a copy of this besides torrents?

Molly was only on screen for about thirty seconds total, and didn't really do anything other than have Horsnswoggle dancing around her, and shake hands with Regal. Her hair is longer than last seen, but that's about the only real change I noticed with her.

I think WWE should really look into getting some kind of network going, so that the newer fans can atleast see the older stuff without having to pay 30 bucks a month and go ondemand to see it. I mean they can keep their current set-up with the ondemand, usa cw and sci-fi, but they'd also have a network ala the nfl where if you missed the show that week you could watch it throughout the week until the following monday, tuesday, friday. They could also broadcast what they had on the ondemand service throughout the week such as ppvs, nwa tv, ecw tv, etc. I'd hate to see the history of the sport disappear except for whatever number of internet fans there is, which even a good percentage of the net fans don't know a lot of the older stuff.

30 bucks a month? It's $7.99 a month, hardly a rip off.

EDIT: my fault for not reading all the posts before posting this.

Molly was only on screen for about thirty seconds total, and didn't really do anything other than have Horsnswoggle dancing around her, and shake hands with Regal. Her hair is longer than last seen, but that's about the only real change I noticed with her.

Sacrilege. She deserved more face time than what she got, and I'm not just saying that because I am completely biased either.

We were robbed of hearing Rated RKO's awesome theme!

Seriously though, great show. I didn't hear about RVD (though I wondered about it) so that was an awesome surprise. I had such a huge smile on my face during the entire Battle Royal segments... Fink, Goon, Backlund, Repo Man, Ted DiBiase winning it, it was so nice. God I wish it was held at MSG though. Sunny and Trish were looking good and great. I can't believe Steve Blackman looks in no way different. Such a fun show.

"I think I stole the show again."

From WWE.com alumni reaction page.

AWESOME.

Also is anyone else having problems watching the videos on WWE.com? The pop up video player comes up but then it doesn't load.

WWE 24/7 is certainly worth the price. But most people plain can't get it. You have to have digital cable with OnDemand capabilities, and that's less than half the households in the country. I live in a decent-sized suburb just half an hour away from downtown Dallas, but the cable companies don't even run out here, it's either Dish or nothing.

"I think I stole the show again."

From WWE.com alumni reaction page.

AWESOME.

Also is anyone else having problems watching the videos on WWE.com? The pop up video player comes up but then it doesn't load.

Same here. Been happenin for about a week.

It's been happening to me forever with Firefox. I THINK (but am not sure) that it's related to a lot of ad blocking content I have installed in the "themes" or "chrome" or something... I don't know what I was doing, just following the instructions of someone on IRC a few years ago. It really is good at blocking a lot of banner ads (PWI is actually readable!) but I tend to blame it for not allowing things like video pop-up windows. They all work fine in IE.

It's been happening to me forever with Firefox. I THINK (but am not sure) that it's related to a lot of ad blocking content I have installed in the "themes" or "chrome" or something... I don't know what I was doing, just following the instructions of someone on IRC a few years ago. It really is good at blocking a lot of banner ads (PWI is actually readable!) but I tend to blame it for not allowing things like video pop-up windows. They all work fine in IE.

I have adblock plus too. I turned it off, but the videos still wouldnt load.

The odd thing is that I allowed popups from WWE.com so the pop up shows up. It just won't load. Maybe I'll hop on IE and give it a whirl. I missed the show and wanted to watch the Battle Royal entrances.

Have you got the latest version of Windows Media Player? A lot of new media online won't play without it.