TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evilhomer

Help me with this

I'm going to start my own company and I'd like to make the initials FTW. I'm still going to be working at my current job but instead of being an employee, I'm going to be an independent contractor working for myself. There's tax benefits this way.

Anyways, Taz's Fuck The World is my daily motto and I would constantly get a Russo-esque laugh out of answering my phone "good morning, FTW", proudly handing out FTW cards, having FTW on my shirt, and so on. But I can't think of anything that would be workable with those initials. The industry I'm working in is commercial moving and furniture installations, but I'll probably register as a general contractor. Any ideas on what would work?

There's already at least a couple indy promotions called FTW, one in Tennessee ("Fusion Tradition Wrestling"), and I forget where the other one is, but I'm sure there are others. I know it's hard to come up with any new name that someone somewhere isn't already using, but any old ECW fan has probably thought of using the initials FTW for their promotion.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
I'm going to start my own company and I'd like to make the initials FTW. I'm still going to be working at my current job but instead of being an employee, I'm going to be an independent contractor working for myself. There's tax benefits this way.

Anyways, Taz's Fuck The World is my daily motto and I would constantly get a Russo-esque laugh out of answering my phone "good morning, FTW", proudly handing out FTW cards, having FTW on my shirt, and so on. But I can't think of anything that would be workable with those initials. The industry I'm working in is commercial moving and furniture installations, but I'll probably register as a general contractor. Any ideas on what would work?

Furniture To Wherever

Furnish The World

Taz's "FTW" deal caused me to fall way behind the rest of the internet on understanding the whole "for the win" meme.

Ditto.

On topic Furnished Taco Wash

"Fuck the world" doesn't seem like a particularly appropriate motto for someone in commercial moving and furniture installation. Or anyone at all, really. What are you going to do, rip a couch cushion and then flip it over?

"Fuck the world" doesn't seem like a particularly appropriate motto for someone in commercial moving and furniture installation. Or anyone at all, really. What are you going to do, rip a couch cushion and then flip it over?

Nah, that's softcore, if he wants to be hardcore, he'd rip a tag off a mattress.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I think the best outcome of this would be that somebody from YTMND discovers it and tries to capitalize on FTW Moving like they did with ORLY Moving, but this wouldn't end up being funny.

How old are you now? That whole Taz "FTW" thing goes back to like 1999. You're still treasuring a fake belt from ECW?

I think the best outcome of this would be that somebody from YTMND discovers it and tries to capitalize on FTW Moving like they did with ORLY Moving, but this wouldn't end up being funny.

How old are you now? That whole Taz "FTW" thing goes back to like 1999. You're still treasuring a fake belt from ECW?

Stop hating, guys. Dude just wants to have some Russo-esque laughs during the work day. Is there really anything wrong with that?

Vince Russo's spirit must've been haunting the writers' room when they renamed that one fat guy "The S.H.I.T."

Fuzzy Tuzzle Wuzzles

Dude, children's television has fucked you up.

You get a much better trip turning the channel to PBS Sprout than downing half a bottle of the Q yo.

Never even saw that run you're talking about. Fuck the world is just my attitude for anybody out there who wants anything from me. Charity? Fuck you. I've busted my ass to get where I am and continue busting it to put food on the table. Taxman already takes more than half of it and you want more? Like fuck. Kindness? Blow me. Who holds a door open for me, nobody, instead you force your way through the door I was at and sue me when their clumsy ass trips over the thing that I had in there. Who gave me their seat when I hobbled on the bus with a busted up knee? Nobody. Now I'm supposed to give up my seat because you're a bitch? Don't hold your fucking breath.

Once upon a time I was a nice guy. I was idealistic and believed in the goodness of people and that giving it would see it returned. The world showed me the error of that ideal. Now I've got to remind myself to fuck the world and look out for the person that matters.

Never even saw that run you're talking about. Fuck the world is just my attitude for anybody out there who wants anything from me. Charity? Fuck you. I've busted my ass to get where I am and continue busting it to put food on the table. Taxman already takes more than half of it and you want more? Like fuck. Kindness? Blow me. Who holds a door open for me, nobody, instead you force your way through the door I was at and sue me when their clumsy ass trips over the thing that I had in there. Who gave me their seat when I hobbled on the bus with a busted up knee? Nobody. Now I'm supposed to give up my seat because you're a bitch? Don't hold your fucking breath.

Once upon a time I was a nice guy. I was idealistic and believed in the goodness of people and that giving it would see it returned. The world showed me the error of that ideal. Now I've got to remind myself to fuck the world and look out for the person that matters.

Don't forget to slit your wrists before bed.

evilhomer just cut a promo on the planet earth. Like fuck.

If I wasn't busy rescuing my hard drive, I'd have beaten you to "he just cut a promo on our ass." So mad now.

Get this: the music is all there, I just cannot access it because "F:\My Music" is corrupt. The directory, I guess? All the files exist, I just cannot access them.

That sucks. I'd go with the tried and true method of "restart your computer after letting it sit off for a while." That sounds like it could be bad if random computer juju doesn't fix it on its own.

I'll try a few more things. CHKDSK is only reading the C drive, and this is on the F. So far, I'm just grabbing folders out of the corrupt directory.