Detroit

Chicago

New Orleans

Denver

Carolina

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Inspired and inspiring.

Looking at the score of the Vikings-Broncos game, I see that once again the Vikings decided to finally wake up in the 4th quarter, only to fall short.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Didn't we have Giants-Buccaneers and Redskins-Seahawks in the 2005 Wild Card, too?

EDIT: No, it just felt like it. Redskins-Seahawks was a divisional game.

The Fox postgame guys are really fellating Eli Manning here. That game convinced them that he's going to play well? Maybe if he didn't fumble a fucking snap, the Giants would've won that game. Man, they'll do ANYTHING to get that guy over.

Incidentally, I would get behind Washington most any other year, but the whole STMPE is going to add them to the unbearable list

The Magic of Parity:

9 wins

Tampa Bay

Tennessee with a loss

8 wins

Minnesota

Arizona

Washington

Philadelphia

Houston

7 wins

Detroit

Chicago

New Orleans

Denver

Carolina

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Inspired and inspiring.

That's fourteen teams with winning percentages in between 40 and 60%. How many teams in the past baseball season fell in that range? You complain about parity, yet at the same time you complain about dominance as well. You just bitch in every football thread I seem to come across. Why do you keep watching?

Okay, because I'm the only fucking person who has noted the blob of mediocrity this season. God, you're such a cocky dumbshit. Get the fuck out of here.

Okay, because I'm the only fucking person who has noted the blob of mediocrity this season. God, you're such a cocky dumbshit. Get the fuck out of here.

cocky dumbshit...that's a good one, Czech. And YPOV probably shouldn't post outside the MMA folder (Not because I think he's particularly good there but because it's the one folder I never visit here at TSM)

I never said you're the only one, that's not the point. Calm down, take a few deep breaths and read it again. You just keep bitching about the league, you complain about the parity as well as the dominance, so what do you want? Also, you seem to love baseball yet you avoid the point that the entire league is within the range which you feel shows mediocrity, a range where less than HALF of the teams in the NFL are.

No, he probably shouldn't.

But since everybody has been telling me how to feel about this NFL season, allow me to revise my thoughts. The whole league should be 8 and 8, except for the Patriots, because they're greatest thing to happen to sports and their fans deserve it after that time they went 2-14 in the '80s or something.

I do love baseball, but I don't particularly like a weak National League, and I don't think I've ever said that I have. Likewise, a whole league hovering around break-even looks bad.

But since everybody has been telling me how to feel about this NFL season, allow me to revise my thoughts. The whole league should be 8 and 8, except for the Patriots, because they're greatest thing to happen to sports and their fans deserve it after that time they went 2-14 in the '80s or something.

I do love baseball, but I don't particularly like a weak National League, and I don't think I've ever said that I have. Likewise, a whole league hovering around break-even looks bad.

Again, who is saying this?

It's kinda funny how simply trying to start a discussion with you and asking you to comment on a couple of stats garners such a heated response.

I'm not trying to tell you how to feel about anything. I'm just curious as to why you seem to watch something you seem to hate so much, and I wanted you to address the points I made, but never mind.

Thank Christ the Jets won tonight. I can think of few ways to end the season worse than losing to Herm Edwards in the Meadowlands.

You have (current game pending) three 13 win teams in Dallas, Green Bay, and Indy. Jacksonville and San Diego won 11 games. Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New York, Seattle, and possibly Tennessee have ten wins. The majority of the teams qualifying for the postseason have 10+ wins. I don't see how it makes any kind of difference whether the teams not qualifying are 7-9 or 3-13. It's when you have multiple teams hovering around the .500 mark making the playoffs that the merits of league parity really become debatable.

Since the league expanded to 32 teams in 2001, here is how many 7 to 9 win teams there have been each season.

2001: 10

2002: 14

2003: 6

2004: 11

2005: 7

2006: 15

2007: 13 or 14

I have no idea what any of this means. 2003 is interesting because there was no team with fewer than 4 wins.

Between this thread and the stupid Bhutto one, I think YPOV's only posting these days is trying to drum up the dumbest arguments about things he clearly knows nothing about.

According to this, 10 teams had 10 wins or more (11 if the Titans win), 13 teams with 7-9 wins (14 if Tenn loses) and 8 teams with less than 7 wins. Seems like a pretty even spread.

EDIT: This is the breakdown from 1994: 8 teams with 10 or more, 13 teams with 7-9 and 7 with less than 7 wins.

Edited by KingPK

Sorgi threw one good pass the whole night. The rest were either high, wide or passes meant to leave the receiver who catches it for dead.

Kinda sucks to see a game with meaning be made meaningless. Sometimes the last week of the NFL season ends up just feeling like pre-season.

so it's

Saturday:

4:30 Redskins at Seahawks (NBC Tom Hammond and Collinsworth)

8:00 Jaguars at Steelers (NBC Madden and Michaels)

Sunday:

1:00 Giants at Bucs (FOX Buck and Aikman)

4:00 Titans at Chargers (CBS Nantz and Simms)

I just looked it up on yahoo maps...an 11 hour drive from Sacramento to Seattle....basically a straight shot up I-5 for 750 miles....last time this oppurtunity came up me and my wife both had high mileage cars that would have possibly crapped out.....now we have a fairly new van that is low mileage......if I can score tickets tomorrow morning I am sooooo going to the game.

Between this thread and the stupid Bhutto one, I think YPOV's only posting these days is trying to drum up the dumbest arguments about things he clearly knows nothing about.

Coming from the guy who 90% of the time posts "witty" one liners, I'll take that as a compliment.