TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

WWE General Discussion - January 2008

^^Damn, was it really necessary to quote the entire interview for a one sentence response? I like RVD, pothead or not, he seems really down to Earth and humble.

Fucking dumbasses like majormayhem1 that quote entire articles to say one sentence at the end, making everyone scroll down through the entire thing they just read in its entirety only to read their usually pointless statement.

EFA

Nice to see Jericho is a politician too. I guess he just had enough of HHH to bury someone else. I guess all is fair here.

I wish they kept or least tweaked the sets for the shows, they are all the same now with the HD sets, there is no difference between the three shows anymore except the ring ropes and aprons. They should bring back the orignial WCW Thunder set from 98, that would be cool

The new HD set is all video.. why bother wasting time creating 3 new sets?? When this one can be customized just by changing the graphics and lightning? They save money and time.

ian Says:

hey jim ross

i just read online about lashley being released and i just am wondering if theres someone in wwe in control of talent who is sneakly getting paid by tna to send stars thier way?

i wondered this cause theres been a lot of names fired/released by wwe and suddenly turn up in tna…

dudleys

angle

booker T

christian

and so on..it seems a bit weird like someones doing some dodgey dealings backstage in wwe for these big names to keep going and turning up in tna

now lashley being released just isnt right,this guy was a great future wwe star,he came so far in such little time,im deeply sad and disapointed in this,,it seems like vince needs to investigate this because all these big stars keep suddenly going and heading to tna and theres no new big stars coming in, i hate to say this cause im a big big wwe fan,but it looks like wwes future is screwed if something isnt done about this soon

I wish they kept or least tweaked the sets for the shows, they are all the same now with the HD sets, there is no difference between the three shows anymore except the ring ropes and aprons. They should bring back the orignial WCW Thunder set from 98, that would be cool

The new HD set is all video.. why bother wasting time creating 3 new sets?? When this one can be customized just by changing the graphics and lightning? They save money and time.

Because World Wrestling Entertainment has more than enough money for three sets, that's why... But, for the sake of argument, let's just say that the exeunt of Bobby Lashley would pay for another set or two if they truly needed them...

Because World Wrestling Entertainment has more than enough money for three sets, that's why... But, for the sake of argument, let's just say that the exeunt of Bobby Lashley would pay for another set or two if they truly needed them...

True they do.. but maybe they just didn't want to carry 3 sets, and just wanted one huge set for all??

Hell... I don't know, it was their call. so we have to deal with it.

PWI is reporting that Dusty Rhodes will take over as head writer for ECW.

Didn't Dusty already have a big role on the ECW creative team?

PWI is reporting that Dusty Rhodes will take over as head writer for ECW.

Didn't Dusty already have a big role on the ECW creative team?

I was under the impression that he was heading it up already.

Not really that big of a deal, but it looks as if WWE.com has changed their homepage. To give it more of an "HD" feel by the looks of it.

Do you mean the collage of wrestlers in the background? That is the photo to promote the Rumble. I don't see any other significant changes.

So is it true that the last 6 eliminated will be in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out? If so, then it will be HHH, Batista, Kane, Umaga, Kennedy and Mark Henry. I would have ZERO interest in watching that.

So is it true that the last 6 eliminated will be in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out? If so, then it will be HHH, Batista, Kane, Umaga, Kennedy and Mark Henry. I would have ZERO interest in watching that.

No truth to the rumor.

The way Mark Henry gets his ass kicked by the top faces, he's no in position to be the elimination chamber.

When do the Hall of Fame announcements start? I couldn't remember if it was after the RR or after NWO.

No truth to the rumor.

Explain the picture/wallpaper on the No Way Out sub site of Jeff Hardy underwater in what clearly is the Elimination Chamber.

Maybe it wont be the final 6 in the Rumble in the EC, but theres obviously going to be an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Quote:

Jeff Hardy has been gaining a ton of momentum the last few weeks. Instead of people seeing him as a stepping stone for Orton on the way to Triple H, you hear that a lot of people are saying that it's time for WWE to move him up. Although, if they do so, it would mess up long-term title plans they have involving Triple H.

At last word - and remember, plans can change in an instant - the original plans are not changing. Orton will more than likely go over Hardy in their match tonight at the Royal Rumble.

It should also be noted that people in power are pushing for Hardy to get the strap. Michael Hayes is Hardy's biggest advocate right now. Hayes has always pushed the Hardys, and earlier in their WWE careers he came out of retirement to be their manager. Hayes doesn't favor Hardy at all times though as he's said to be fair in evaluating him - both good and bad - but he feels that Hardy has proven himself enough to get the strap and he deserves to be rewarded with a title run. Hayes is pushing that the crowd reactions are telling WWE to finally pull the trigger.

However, there is at least one person in particular who is against a Jeff Hardy title run at the moment and that person is Stephanie McMahon. She doesn't want WWE to give Hardy the belt because she feels that it would force a change of plans. Stephanie has given her reasons for why Hardy should not get the strap, though some backstage are saying that it sounds like Triple H rhetoric.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Quote:

Jeff Hardy has been gaining a ton of momentum the last few weeks. Instead of people seeing him as a stepping stone for Orton on the way to Triple H, you hear that a lot of people are saying that it's time for WWE to move him up. Although, if they do so, it would mess up long-term title plans they have involving Triple H.

At last word - and remember, plans can change in an instant - the original plans are not changing. Orton will more than likely go over Hardy in their match tonight at the Royal Rumble.

It should also be noted that people in power are pushing for Hardy to get the strap. Michael Hayes is Hardy's biggest advocate right now. Hayes has always pushed the Hardys, and earlier in their WWE careers he came out of retirement to be their manager. Hayes doesn't favor Hardy at all times though as he's said to be fair in evaluating him - both good and bad - but he feels that Hardy has proven himself enough to get the strap and he deserves to be rewarded with a title run. Hayes is pushing that the crowd reactions are telling WWE to finally pull the trigger.

However, there is at least one person in particular who is against a Jeff Hardy title run at the moment and that person is Stephanie McMahon. She doesn't want WWE to give Hardy the belt because she feels that it would force a change of plans. Stephanie has given her reasons for why Hardy should not get the strap, though some backstage are saying that it sounds like Triple H rhetoric.

Why the hell would you post this AFTER the event in question when it's pretty clear he's not getting a title run right now (and neither is Triple H)?