TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

American Gladiators

Wasn't their a female Gladiator called Stealth?

She's still in the opening credits, but I can't recall ever seeing her.

She was the worst gladiator on that power rankings blog...it was linked a few pages back. They might have dropped her for being so bad at the game.

Evan doesn't NEED a 19 point lead... male side is done, Evan wins easily in the Eliminator no matter what happens later.

Crush is deadly with Joust, she's crazy.

They need to change the rules of Joust so that competitors lose if they get down on a knee. The best strategy is just to turtle up which is pretty lame.

Edit: They should probably change it to be like football where your hands and feet can touch the ground but that's it.

Knight Rider looks awesomely awful.

Evan won 3 of 5 events, then won the Eliminator in 1'19". Alex had no chance.

MILF Monica won the women's Eliminator, which was close until the handbike.

Other randoms:

- Agree with the Joust. Gladiators get DQ'ed for two knees on the platform - it should be the same for contenders. Tainted draw for Gina.

- Wolf totally used Alex's head to rip him off the rings. How is that not a DQ?

- Retain Hogan or Laila. Having both on the show is a waste of time.

- RIP Shelly. I remember someone (SI?) did an article featuring her when she was on an all-woman's team in the America's Cup series. Only 39 though? Geez.

- Evan will be like Elektra on the Wall. You draw him, you might as well kiss your chances of getting points buh-bye.

Honestly, I don't see both of the winners becoming Gladiators. Evan, I can see because he doesn't have kids and is a sales clerk so being on AG would be alright for him. Monica on the other hand will probably pass on it since it would involve moving and all.

shit, I forgot about Assault. He probably has enough total body strength to play Atlasphere. Maybe what's it called where they bounce on bungees to grab balls off the pole.

Evan's size is his problem...other than The Wall, he'll need to get jacked up to at least Militia levels to do any damage.

Well, Hogan did tell him he'd show him how to hang and bang at the gym. ;)

Evan would do well on The Wall (of course), and he might do OK on Hang Tough with a little bit more mass. Throw in a few turns on Assault and Hit and Run and you've got a Gladiator. It'll be tough for him overall though because he doesn't have the size for the more physical events like Pyramid, Gauntlet, Earthquake, and Powerball.

shit, I forgot about Assault. He probably has enough total body strength to play Atlasphere. Maybe what's it called where they bounce on bungees to grab balls off the pole.

Swingshot. He'd probably kill on that.

Evan's name should be something speed-related... if Flash wasn't trademarked, it would be perfect. Maybe Lightning. He'll be perfect for The Wall and Assault, and maybe Pyramid because of his speed. He'd have to play it like Wolf and go balls out though.

Monica I don't know enough about, but she seems like she could pull it off. Dunno about the name though.

Stealth and Militia need to go though. I'm surprised they didn't go with the psycho-dream team of Wolf and Toa for Pyramid last night though. I love when they work together.

Yeah but I think she only appeared on one event all season. They won't bring her back.

At least we know Gina will be back for season 2. She said on Inside MMA on Friday. They should bring back mostly everyone. They could lose Hellga and Militia though.

They'll keep Hellga simply because of her look. Yeah Militia is just crap.

Probably. But if they wanted a big woman who actually has some athletic ability then they could go look for a female rugby player.