TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

TSM Poster Tournament 2008: The Round of 16

And so onward we go to the round of 16, after a whole bunch of silly namecalling and stupid shit about bad movies. A direct-to-video movie, shown on basic cable. Recipe for success. ANYWAY. Here now, the results:

INDIANA BASIN SILT REGION

#1 Milky d. #8 Man in Blak, 38-13

#5 Agent d. #4 Ripper, 29-22

#2 DrVenkman d. #7 CanadianGuitarist, 38-13

#6 KKK d. #3 Matt Young, 31-20

HELP, I'M A ROCK REGION

#1 King Kamala Classic d. #8 NYU, 27-23-1

#4 Kingofthe909 d. #5 KOAB, 32-19

#2 Slayer d. #10 Carnival, 37-14

#6 Treble d. #14 Mole, 27-24

CULTURE BEAT REGION

#1 Czech d. #8 Alfdogg, 34-17

#4 Kinetic d. #12 Snuffbox, 36-14-1

#2 VX d. #7 Gary Floyd, 35-15-1

#3 El Dandy d. #6 Bob Barron, 26-24-1

POWDERFINGER REGION

#1 Black Lushus d. #8 Sensei John Kreese, 35-16

#5 Edwin MacPhisto d. #4 Incandenza, 26-25

#2 Alkeiper d. #7 Cheech, 30-21

#3 Smues d. #6 Scroby, 29-21-1

Updated brackets:

green3.jpg

blue3.jpg

pink3.jpg

yellow3.jpg

Votez!

Agent - Tough choice, but he's good in the football threads.

KKK

King

Slayer - Another tough one.

Kinetic

Vitamin X

Black Lushus

Smues - Tough one.

Indiana Basin Silt Region

Milky (It's obvious he's going to win)

Venkman

Help, I'm a Rock Region

Kamala (Deserves to be in the Elite 8)

Slayer

Culture Beat Region

Czech

El Dandy

Powderfinger Region

Edwin (Really tough one. Sorry Lushus)

Al Keiper

I should probably buy some headgear for the ass-whipping Leo is about to give me.

Milky---Toughest choice.

Venkman---Elite 8 again.

Help, I'm a Rock Region

Kamala---Look how far you've come!

Slayer---Deserves to be in the Elite 8.

Culture Beat Region

Czech---Another tough choice.

El Dandy---Shit, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Powderfinger Region

Lushus---Keep on rolling.

Smues---Always cool to me.

#1 Milky

#6 KKK

HELP, I'M A ROCK REGION

#1 King Kamala Classic

#6 Treble

CULTURE BEAT REGION

#1 Czech

#3 El Dandy

POWDERFINGER REGION

#5 Edwin MacPhisto

#3 Smues

This just may be the end of my 2008 run, but hey, 4th highest win margin in round 1, THE highest (well, tied) win margin in round 2, and a lot of positive comments. This was a good run indeed.

Like Slayer, King, and others said about the last round, I'm at a point now where I could easily vote for all 16 people left in this thing, so nothing personal.

1. Milky - I have nothing to say to elaborate on this.

2. Me

1. Kamala - We'd have our second Battle of the Kings in a row here if KKC didn't become KB, but it's all good. This is a real tough choice BUT I'm giving Kamala the nod because despite how complimentary he is of me, I voted AGAINST him last round. Kinda makes you feel bad, eh?

2. Slayer - Like em both, but one of them voted for me in round 2, one of them didn't (though I would have voted Slayer anyway).

4. Kinetic - Czech doesn't want to win so might as well help Kinetic.

3. Dandy - Another tough one - again, a case of two guys who are both good AND both support me, so who do you pick? I like EHME TC's rising star.

1. BL

3. Smues - refraining from voting Al? What's the deal?

Remarkably, I think everyone but Edwin voted. All the people who didn't care got wiped out in the first round.

I'm getting my votes in early.

Agent: I heeded the words of the Man in Blak: can we let the Milky thing turn into a runaway train, a Katamari Damacy of wackiness and filth? This stung, but I figured I could afford to take Steve's advice. Milky will win anyway, but no more 48-vote blowouts.

DrVenkman: I like him, and want to see him continue his tournament dominance for another year (and more!)

King: after Kamala Brigante squeaked by last time, maybe he's not a rising star after all. The American people don't know if he can be trusted.

Slayer: I'm thinkin' dynasty

Kinetic: Kinetic is great. He's funny. He's intelligent. He has an injured cat. He's pursuing perfection. He appeared to us, lisping in his bathroom. Kinetic is one of the board's greats, and after a strong resurgence, my pick for Poster of the Year. I'm not. I was barely Poster of Last Year; I fancied that more a Lifetime Achievement thing than an actual of-the-year thing. Kinetic's taking this.

Vitamin X: Livingood's a cool dude, but Leo and I go way back. Gotta go with VX here.

Edwin: He's witty, erudite, a secret super jerk, a Wilco fan, and I don't know this for certain, but I bet he makes a mean quiche.

Smues: He changed my name to Cock Ring Warehouse, for which I am now in his debt.

I guess the controversy from round 1 turned me off from voting in the second round?

Milky. Milky made a reference to "Steal My Sunshine" in the nom thread. He'd get my vote anyway, but c'mon man, Steal My Sunshine.

Venkman, he's just a funny dude.

Kamala, for the strong pre-tourney push he made.

Slayer, man. Slayer is a rad guy.

Czech. Kinetic made a good run though. Little side note on this one, after the cause of my kinetic confusion being avatars, czech has now changed his name and both of these guys have amy winehouse avatars. I think that's amy winehouse anyway.

El Dandy. Had I bothered to vote last round I'd have voted gary floyd (for the dolemite post) so it's hard to vote vx here.

Edwin MacPhisto is one of the funniest and most culturally savvy guys here. He's also been to Jacksonville, which puts him in an exclusive club that includes pretty much no one.

Alkeiper's Value over Replacement Poster is higher than Smues'. Also, Smues is a braves fan, isn't he? Fuck that.

Milky - This match has been destined for years. Agent almost killed me by suggesting the drinking of cough syrup, and I... sent him some Sonic Youth albums once. I taught him how to dance, and forgot to tell him where I lived when he passed within miles of my house. Kotz once said we sounded alike.

Venkman - I remember when I used to offend Marney by reciting Geto Boys lyrics to her, and KKK would always be right there to finish the line. But it's a case of what have you done for me lately?

Kamala - My boy!

Slayer - Since he first joined the board and I suggested he change his name to Mr. Mister, I've always thought Slayer was tops.

Kinetic - About as tough as Inc/Edwin. I went with Kinetic cause he has a slightly sicker sense of humor and I have a suspicion that Czech is going to win this round.

Dandy - Would be VX overall, but for just this year, Dandy's been pretty strong.

Edwin - Once I roundly insulted everyone at the secret board, Scarface style, and I legitimately couldn't think of anything to say about Edwin.

Smues - Ok, now I can vote for smues. Al is just too sports heavy.

Guest Smues

Smues vs. Al? It's an NL East battle! Can this Alaskan take down an internet pimp? TUNE INTO NITRO TO FIND OUT!

INDIANA BASIN SILT REGION

Agent - Really tough call, and Milky probably wins anyway, so I did my part to at least make it closer.

KKK - I love ya Venk, but it's KKK. I think if I vote against him the republican party comes to my house and sets my car on fire.

HELP, I'M A ROCK REGION

Kingofthe909 - Another battle of kings? Such a tough call here. Kamala's come strong lately, and King is still a Lakers fan. But King has his blog, and Kamala doesn't. But he did comment on mine today about Superbrawl 2000. I had to flip a coin because I just couldn't choose between the two.

Slayer - Insert witty reference about the band and the poster here

CULTURE BEAT REGION

Kinetic - Czech doesn't want to win anyway, and isn't the sweet 16 a good place for the defending champ to bow out?

VX - Another tough call.

POWDERFINGER REGION

Edwin MacPhisto - Pretty much a push so I went with Edwin just because I had to pick someone.

Smues - Taking a stand against that vile pimp lord!

Indiana:

Agent - I like Agent's work and he voted for me. Milky never voted for me. Also, the constant need to be a contrarian weirdo gets old sometimes.

Venkman - I was moved by Dr. Venkman's support for me in both rounds of this tournament.

Rock:

King - I like King. Kamla jumps on every fucking bandwagon he can find.

Slayer - I hope this makes Slayer feel better after the weekend of football.

Beat:

Czech - Czech voted for me in the first round, Kinetic didn't. I can't feel too bad about losing to Kinetic, though.

VX - A rare easy pick for this late in the tournament.

Powderfinger:

Black Lushus - I don't want to vote for somebody that's not playing.

Smues - He publicly apologized to me. Al is among TSM's more desperate-seeming members, and that's really saying something.

1. Milky -- just can't be stopped, it seems. Not yet, at least.

6. KKK -- now I like Dr. Venkman, and I've always voted for him. But for a long time, kkk was one of the only reasons I even ventured into the Current Events folder. Plus I have gotten some enjoyment out of his blog in the past. I feel he should make it far.

Help, I'm a Rock Region

4. King -- look, I'm sure Kamala's a good guy, but he seems like the typical bland, unspectacular snuffbox-like poster we see so often around here. I like King, so he gets my vote.

2. Slayer -- did his best to keep the noose from around my neck but it just didn't work out.

Culture Beat Region

1. Czech -- can he pull off yet another win? Probably not.

3. El Dandy -- I've become a fan. VX is good people too but his refusal to eat red meat makes me question just how much he wants to win this tournament.

Powderfinger Region

5. Edwin MacPhisto -- tough but he just stands out to me more. Lushus, I consider you one of the better Pit posters, so take that as a consolation prize.

2. Al Keiper -- I really considered giving my vote to Smues here because I find the whole "not voting based on policy" stance to be so weak. But ultimately, Al does offer more to the board as far as the Sports folder, so he gets my vote based on that.

Slayer - Since he first joined the board and I suggested he change his name to Mr. Mister, I've always thought Slayer was tops.

and people say I have deep memory

Green Region

Agent - I like Milke, but Agent is a fellow metalhead (even if we disagree a lot), Zappa-phile (even if we disagree a lot), and football fan (even if we... hey wait a second)

Venkman - kkk voted against me in the previous round, and Venkman's been a staunch supporter [/boardpolitics]

Blue Region

909 - longtime bud

I like Treb, but I'm me

Pinkish Region

Czech - Kinetic is the most consistent poster I've ever seen, but Czech is still my overall favorite

Vitamex - ¡Ariba!

Peach Region

Edwin

Smues - I still still like Smues

Milky

KKK

King

Slayer

Czech

VX

Lushus

Smues

Indiana Silt

Milky

Dr. Venkman

Help, I'm A Rock

King--If he doesn't make the finals with Czech, it's a travesty.

Treble

Culture Beat

Czech

El Dandy

[b]Powderfinger[/b]

Black Lushus

Al Keiper

Not that it matters to Slayer's vote, since I don't like football and have a moderate enjoyment of Zappa at best, but I probably listen to as much metal as anyone. I even saw Dethklok live! I probably cancel it out with all the teen pop, though...

I know there are probably quite a few metalheads on this board, however the only ones that ever stick in my head aside from myself are Agent (death), Laz (thrash/hardcore), Maniac (power) and Tack (elitist fuckhead)

Geez what the fuck is up with snuffbox's beef with me? Yeesh. I guess the further you get in the tournament, the more haters. Whatever, I still like you alright snuffy.

Anyways

Milky- His toughest matchup yet but he still squeaks by.

Venkman- My 3rd favorite poster!

Me- I think the buck stops here sadly for me. King's a good guy to lose to though. Seems like a decent fellow.

Slayer-Both good guys but Slayer's better.

Kinetic- Toughest match up for me this round, flip a coin.

El Dandy- I like Vitamin X but his vegetarian shit and occasional preachiness in the food folder gives this one to my friend, Dandy.

Edwin MacPhisto- Lushus is a good guy but I think MacPhisto is a slightly better poster.

Smues- Another close one but Al's weird behavior with the ESPN thread gives this one to Smues. Smues is a good guy even if he can't tell the difference between Teddy Long and Clarence Mason.

Geez what the fuck is up with snuffbox's beef with me? Yeesh. I guess the further you get in the tournament, the more haters.

"The Lushus Effect"

Agent- This is a difficult choice, not unlike the choice Sophie had to make in this one thing I saw once. I don't remember what it was called. I give Agent the nod here, as he's really gotten inside my head with this lisp thing, to the point where my entire drunken phone conversation with Inc consisted of me complaining about how this asshole was telling everyone I had a lisp. Probably.

Venkman- I saw a bit of the "Ghostbusters" movie on Comedy Central today, which was edifying w/r/t this guy's board name. I was previously under the impression that he was an actual doctor.

Kamala- A battle of TSM royalty. This one tortured my soul.

Slayer- This one hurt, too. I've seen Slayer around more recently.

Kinetic- Czech's wonderful endorsement made me weep tears of joy. He's right. I'm great!

Vitamin X- I perused a book of supplements today, which was edifying w/r/t to this guy's board name. I was previously under the impression that he was an acutal vitamin.

Edwin- What I wouldn't do to be this prick for just one day.

Pimp Daddy Al- Giant cyber cock.