TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Worst excuse for a heel turn

We've seen some pretty ridiculous reasons for wrestlers turning on their partners over the years. Which ones do you think are the most ridiculous?

I'll always think of Mark Henry turning on D'Lo Brown back in 1999 because D'Lo made fun of Henry's weight in an attempt to get him to slim down. Talk about lame.

HHH turning on Flair back in '05 was pretty lame too, apparently, Hunter didn't like the fact that Flair was selling himself short by fighting for the Intercontinental title. C'mon Hunter, you could have easily talked to Flair about that instead of brutally attacking him in front of millions of people.

Also, anytime the heel would say "you guys don't deserve a reason!". Lazy booking at its finest.

I don't remember if this actually happened, but Raven talks on one of his shoots about Brian Gewirtz's idea to turn Hurricane heel. Hurricane would team with Trish Stratus in a mixed tag match, and they'd win. Trish would hug Hurricane after the match, and he'd read more into it than there actually was. Hurricane would leave Trish a note asking her out, but Trish would politely turn him down because she had a boyfriend. Hurricane would then turn heel.

Albert attacking Scotty 2 Scotty always made me chuckle. "He made me dance!"

Vince turning on Rock at WM 2000 because Rock never thanked him for being a star was lame.

I remember Big Show turned in early 2000, just because Rock called him a jabroni.

Though Austin had an easy and obvious reason for turning at WM X-7, they did nothing with it post-Wrestlemania.

I won't get into the nonsense of Rikishi's turn, which completely killed the momentum he had as a babyface.

"I am a babyface. Now let me remove my shirt, for no apparent reason. Oh noes, underneath I happen to be wearing the official t-shirt of a heel faction! Now I am heel 4 Life!"

How can we not think of the mother of all bad heel turns? That being of course The Undertaker in late 2001, where he turned heel by forcing JR to kiss Vince's ass because he himself felt like he'd been kissing Vince's ass for years.

The subtitle for this thread should be "You made me dance!"

Also, didn't Trish turn on Jericho because she liked the fact that Christian beat her up?

Any made-up, Russo-written reason anyone had for joining Lance Storm and Team Canada in WCW. Duggan's a heel so he cuts his hair? Elix Skipper played in the CFL and has a Gray Cup ring?

Also, didn't Trish turn on Jericho because she liked the fact that Christian beat her up?

Something like that... I was really retarded...

Let's see...

- Hennig's stupid heel turn in 1997 to join the NWO because the Horsemen were "outdated" or something like that...

- Rick Rude turning heel in ECW because Shane Douglas offered him a night with Francine...

- Rikishi's heel turn in 2000 was unconvincing, and just bad business...

Also, wasn't Jake the Snake's heel turn in 1991 loosely based on the fact that he wasn't invited to Randy Savage's bachelor party, or is my memory that cloudy?

I remember WWF Magazine right after Power and Glory formed. They had Roma and Hercules talking backstage about being sick and tired of the fans, and forming a heel tag team. What was the tv reason for them turning heel? I doubt it was much different, but that reason always seemed kind of lame.

"I am a babyface. Now let me remove my shirt, for no apparent reason. Oh noes, underneath I happen to be wearing the official t-shirt of a heel faction! Now I am heel 4 Life!"

Eh, this was either hit or miss when the nWo was at it's peak. "OH MY GOD BRAIN! HE'S WEARING AN NWO T-SHIRT! DON'T TELL ME HE'S JOINED THEM!"

I actually don't mind the Hennig turn all that much. By 1997 the Horsemen were in fact outdated so him turning on Flair made sense.

I wasn't watching wrestling during most of Jake's crazy heel run in 1991-92, but from what I've seen looking back I think Jake teamed with UT to screw over the Warrior in those ultra strange vignettes where he was training the Warrior.

I won't get into the nonsense of Rikishi's turn, which completely killed the momentum he had as a babyface.

Rikishi's heel turn in 2000 was unconvincing, and just bad business...

But he did it for The Rock!

Power and Glory form

Doesn't really explain why they turned heel but here it is. Funny to hear Jesse Ventura ask McMahon if he think there are two Ultimate Warriors at the beginning.

I think this begins and ends with "You Made Me Dance!"

Thank you.

I can't remember was Rikishi the driver hired by HHH, or did he have nothing to do with the hit and run?

Rikishi for The Rock or Rikishi for the money? The companies never been the same since.

Someone help me out?

Shirt turns are my favourite kind of turns! Mark Henry ripping off his crappy homemade "ROCKY SUCKS" shirt to reveal a Nation shirt? Classic. Why did Henry join the Nation, anyway? On that topic, I don't remember why Ahmed joined the nation... the Raw that's on 24/7 now hints at him going heel, agreeing with Faarooq about no black people being world champ yet, but he goes on how about how Faarooq is a big racist and he hates him.

Shirt turns are my favourite kind of turns! Mark Henry ripping off his crappy homemade "ROCKY SUCKS" shirt to reveal a Nation shirt? Classic. Why did Henry join the Nation, anyway? On that topic, I don't remember why Ahmed joined the nation... the Raw that's on 24/7 now hints at him going heel, agreeing with Faarooq about no black people being world champ yet, but he goes on how about how Faarooq is a big racist and he hates him.

I believe with Ahmed he ended going with one of those "If you can't beat them, join them" turns like Macho Man into the nWo.

Power and Glory form

Doesn't really explain why they turned heel but here it is. Funny to hear Jesse Ventura ask McMahon if he think there are two Ultimate Warriors at the beginning.

Thank you.

I can't remember was Rikishi the driver hired by HHH, or did he have nothing to do with the hit and run?

I actually remembered the Rockers having something to do with the Power and Glory formation, but couldn't remember why... as soon as I saw Dino with the Bullhorn it all clicked. That's actually a nice twist on the usual face miscommunication turn.

I think that was his singles music. At least I remember him having some sort of hard-rocking theme with vocals. But the only matches I can remember seeing him in as a WWF singles wrestler were against HBK on the episode of Prime Time where Flair won the title from Savage and against Lawler the day after WM9.

Kurt Angle turning heel because he turned on the Alliance.

Was there even a reason given for DDP turning heel after winning the WCW title?

This is how bad Sting's 99 heel turn was to me, HOW did he turn again?

I have NO freaking idea, except that it was probably Russo and it SUCKED?

Guest Smues
This is how bad Sting's 99 heel turn was to me, HOW did he turn again?

I have NO freaking idea, except that it was probably Russo and it SUCKED?

It was right after Bischoff got fired, but right before Russo came in. It was at Fall Brawl, when he was facing Hogan for the title. He smacked Hogan with a baseball bat and that was his turn, even though I seem to recall the crowd cheering like mad for it.

I thought unlike Goldberg, Sting made a surprisingly good heel during his short turn. The fans just couldn't hate the guy no matter how hard he tried. I always smile when I think of the time Sting whacked Hogan with a baseball bat while The Hulkster was signing autographs for some kids on Nitro.