TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majormayhem1

WWE Hall of Fame Candidates 2008

Here is the list of wrestlers/people I nominate for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame for 2008.

-Randy "Macho Man" Savage

-Jake "The Snake" Roberts

-"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibease

-"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

-King Kong Bundy

-The Andersons Brothers

-Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

-The British Bulldogs

And for the celebrity wing...

-Bob Uecker

My Class prediction:

Ric Flair

Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, or Barry Windham

The Road Warriors or The Fabulous Freebirds

Gordon Solie

Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia

Someone like Hacksaw Jim Duggan or even Kamala

Hacksaw should be in there, but I can see them waiting until he isn't wrestling semi-regularlly on the roster

As for the rest:

Owen Hart

Davy Boy Smith

Ricky Steamboat

Road Warriors

to name a few

I would like Owen in the HOF as much as the next person, but so as long as his wife hates WWE to the core, dont bet on him in the HOF, here's my list:

Ric Flair

Ricky Steamboat

Rick Rude

Road Warriors

Eddie Graham (the guy that ran Championship Wrestling From Florida)

and the celeb induction:

Bob Ubecker

Jim Neidhart?

..are you serious?

Yes, of course I'm serious. He's one half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time, and I'm not talking about the New Foundation.

I was suprised to find out that King Kong Bundy wasn't inducted already. I figured he would have gone in with Big John Studd. Then again, Bundy isn't dead which seems to help wrestlers get in quicker. With that in mind, I'd like to add two other nominees to my list.

-Bam Bam Bigelow

-Earthquake

Jim Neidhart?

..are you serious?

Yes, of course I'm serious. He's one half of one of the greatest tag teams of all time, and I'm not talking about the New Foundation.

I was suprised to find out that King Kong Bundy wasn't inducted already. I figured he would have gone in with Big John Studd. Then again, Bundy isn't dead which seems to help wrestlers get in quicker. With that in mind, I'd like to add two other nominees to my list.

-Bam Bam Bigelow

-Earthquake

I would be happy if Bam Bam, Earthquake, or the Big Bossman gets in this year.

As for Bundy, I don't know. I remember a Honky Tonk Man interview and how he said Bundy had heat with management due to constant complaining about payoffs in the past. HTM gave the impression that's why you don't see them using Bundy for any of the legends stuff they do.

What about Demolition? And Jimmy Hart?

I imagine the Road Warriors will get in before Demolition does, even though Demolition was a WWE creation.

I've heard rumblings that Solie is pretty much in since the show is in FL. It's a bit ironic, though, given that apparently Solie was none too happy that Big John Studd was inducted into the WCW HoF back in 1995 b/c Studd wasn't an NWA/WCW person.

I want to see Rude inducted.

Honky Tonk Man isn't in there is he? If he isn't, he probably should be.

I've heard rumblings that Solie is pretty much in since the show is in FL. It's a bit ironic, though, given that apparently Solie was none too happy that Big John Studd was inducted into the WCW HoF back in 1995 b/c Studd wasn't an NWA/WCW person.

I thought he was pissed that Angelo Poffo got in as basically a favor to Randy Savage, even though Poffo didn't have a big NWA/WCW background. I've never heard anything about his problems with Studd getting into that Hall of Fame. Still, if they induct a Championship Wrestling from Florida guy and it looks like they will, it's gotta be Solie or Eddie Graham. Barry Windham is an outside choice as well.

Someone mentioned the Von Erichs...

I think that they'll hold off on them until they can do a Wrestlemania from Dallas or somewhere close by. I know Jim Ross has mentioned he'd love to see Wrestlemania in the new Cowboys Stadium when it's finally built. If not there, they can always go back Houston and Reliant Stadium.

I want to see Rude inducted.

Honky Tonk Man isn't in there is he? If he isn't, he probably should be.

He mentioned that they've asked him before, but he doesn't want to give up any rights he has in terms of merchandising or using "The Honky Tonk Man" name on his independent shows.

When do they typically announce the new inductees?

well I would assume the Raw after No Way Out, and we'll find out new inductees each week till a week before Mania

Guest dustinbeaverton

What about Bad News Brown?

Honestly, since Curt was inducted last year, Sherry was already inducted, and DiBiase will undoubtedly be inducted, I don't really care who else gets in. Definitely the Road Warriors and Demolition, and Rude would be sweet as well. He doesn't really deserve it, but I was a huge mark for Koko B. Ware when I was like... ten. The Bushwhackers? You think they'll ever get in? Or Doink? I assume Tito Santana is already in?

What about Bad News Brown?

Honestly, since Curt was inducted last year, Sherry was already inducted, and DiBiase will undoubtedly be inducted, I don't really care who else gets in. Definitely the Road Warriors and Demolition, and Rude would be sweet as well. He doesn't really deserve it, but I was a huge mark for Koko B. Ware when I was like... ten. The Bushwhackers? You think they'll ever get in? Or Doink? I assume Tito Santana is already in?

I know that we alll realize that the WWE's Hall is a joke and everyone is in on that joke, but are you guys being serious here? Bad News Brown? Bam Bam Bigelow? Earthquake? It's a Hall of Fame, not a Hall of 80s Midcarders.

- "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

- Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

- Jake "The Snake" Roberts

-"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibease

- Koko B. Ware

- Demolition

- "Ravishing" Rick Rude

- Alice Cooper

They should just make the 08' Class centered around The 4 Horseman (Flair, Arn, Windham, Tully, Ole and Dillion to be exact). Toss in a posthumous name like Rude or Pillman, a tag team such as Road Warriors or Demolition, Solie and Sunny since she was first true "diva" of the WWE (Miss Elizabeth was a valet and she does deserve a spot but I can't see them draging her story back out). I would also throw in Funk but I'd save him for when they do a WM in Texas again.

Who inducts who?

They should just make the 08' Class centered around The 4 Horseman (Flair, Arn, Windham, Tully, Ole and Dillion to be exact). Toss in a posthumous name like Rude or Pillman, a tag team such as Road Warriors or Demolition, Solie and Sunny since she was first true "diva" of the WWE (Miss Elizabeth was a valet and she does deserve a spot but I can't see them draging her story back out). I would also throw in Funk but I'd save him for when they do a WM in Texas again.

Who inducts who?

I'd imagine or at least hope Arn inducts Flair.

Pretty much any old opponent of Flair's (Steamboat, Dusty, Race) would work, or they might possibly go with a Reid/David combination. Probably going to be HHH, though.

Windham's easy as they can just get Blackjack Mulligan.

Blanchard I suppose could be Heenan, or they could try tracking Baby Doll down.

Arn's tricky because either you use Hennan again or utilize another Horsemen who's not getting inducted (Ole or JJ for example)

Old and JJ I have no clue, though I would chuckle if they had Jericho do the latter.

Austin can do Pillman.

Rude's odd because the only people I think of who one associates with him either are dead (Hennig) or didn't really like him that much. (Heenan) I'd just give Heyman a call, myself. Sure the Dangerous Alliance connection is a tad tenous, but Paul would do a hell of a speech.

Paul Ellering's a given for the Road Warriors.

Demoliton is completely up in the air. Certainly doesn't seem like Fuji's in a good state to induct anyone. I'd have to think it would be somebody from the current roster who's simply a fan of the two.

Trish, Mickie, Candice, (any current Diva) would work fine for Tammy. Cue speech about how she paved the way for current female superstars. etc, etc.

Guest dustinbeaverton

I've thought a lot about guys like Jim Neidhart and Marty Jennetty... guys who were part of a really good tag team, but then their partner when on without them. So obviously Hart and HBK are in/will be in the HOF... but you have to believe that if they didn't end up being such amazing singles competitors that the Hart Foundation and the Rockers would have been inducted. So what do you do with guys like Neidhart and Jennetty? And probably a few others like that...

Personally, I think as long as they're doing a HOF, they should bring back the Slammy's. I don't really remember what awards were given out, but I think it would be at least mildly entertaining... best match, best rookie, best feud, etc. Or they should have a Hall of Shame induction each year for the biggest mistakes/gimmicks... like the Gobbly Gooker and Fake Diesal/Razor and Nailz.