TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

"DAMN! I thought that was going to be closer!"

I'm SOLD! I still got my doubts about LeBoring being in it but Harrison slid right back into the role like a glove and he got his real whip.

Hell for a man his age, he doesn't look that damn different from what he did in Crusade.

He's in the fucking Raiders Warehouse!

see the closeup of some crate that says "Roswell New Mexico 1947"

Cate Blanchett's russian character leans forward and her glasses leap off and attach to it.... like there's something magnetic inside.

Me too, Jingy. Me too.

Trailer was great. Psyched about the apparent Raiders connection. And yeah, Harrison looks like he hasn't aged much at all, which is pretty impressive. Cool to see all the whip stunts, too.

I hate Cate Blanchett

What Mole said.

I smell a little bit of gay in here.

you kiddin me? Blanchett isn't attractive in the least!

She had her small moments in Elizabeth. Very small. Like one. In the right light. For five seconds. And I hadn't slept for two days.

I actually spent an entire ROH show arguing with my friend about Cate Blanchett. I think she's beautiful, especially in Notes on a Scandal. Great actress too

I'm hoping it'll be revealed in TKOTCS what happened to Henry Jones, Sallah, Wille, and Short Round or if they'll at least be mentioned.

I'll agree with the great actress part...to each their own, i suppose.

Blanchett is probably my current favorite actress. She completely stole the show in I'm Not There and also rocked it in The Aviator and the aforementioned Notes on a Scandal.

As for her being hot? Eh, she's OK I guess.

As for this movie, I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about it but I'll probably end up seeing it during my annual trip to the drive ins or for a matinee.

see the closeup of some crate that says "Roswell New Mexico 1947"

Which makes me further believe that the plot of this movie will be centered around aliens. The crystal skull doesnt appear to look human at all.

While I wouldn't call Shia boring, I will admit that there is not much of a difference between his characters in Disturbia and Transformers (I loved both films). Perhaps acting w/ Harrison Ford, Ray Winstone, Karen Allen, Cate Blanchett, John Hurt, and Jim Broadbent will make Shia step his acting game up. One of the biggest regrets is Marcus Brody (one of my favorite characters in Last Crusade - "I say, does anyone here speak English?!?") will not be back but thats due to Denholm Elliot's death in 1992. Apparently, there will be a portrait of him setting in Marshall college and he will be mentioned, which I think will be a nice tribute to both the character and actor.

I really get the feeling he's going to be playing the same role he played in Transformers and Disturbia in this film. And then he will be type cast. And I really hated his character in Transformers.

I shall probably see it, but I'll have to familiarise myself with the previous Indiana Jones movies first. I learned my mistake with Rocky Balboa last year.

So, this is gonna make like $500 million, isn't it? I'm not sure I've actually met a person who wouldn't want to see this.

this was from a couple days ago:

LAS VEGAS — When theater owners gathered here last year for the ShoWest convention, they came with the swagger of gamblers betting on a fixed fight. This year, the odds are trickier. That's what happens when you don't begin your summer with installments of Spider-Man, Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean, the movies that jump-started May and led Hollywood to its biggest summer — and year — on record.

This summer rides on the shoulders of an aging action hero, an untested cartoon character and four women from a TV show that went off the air four years ago. "There's no question there's more uncertainty," says Rob Moore, vice chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Last year we had three franchises that we knew were going to be huge. This year, we have a couple that we know will be big, and more that we hope will be big.

Among films considered probable blockbusters: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Iron Man, Sex and the City and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. But of those, only Jones is considered a favorite to crack $300 million, as Spider-Man, Shrek and Pirates all did last summer, Hollywood's most important season, when at least 40% of the industry's tickets are sold.

Hollywood is in for a surprise as Indy 4 probably wont even do $200 million and thats being very generous. This year is more about quantity of decent movies coming out than singular blockbusters of last year. My sleeper movie for being a bigger hit than Indy 4 would be Will Smith's Superhero Movie Hancock that comes out 4th of July weekend (Will Smith + Superhero movie + 4th of July Weekend = huge blockbuster) but there are several others that probably will do better than Indy 4.

I hadn't even heard of the Will Smith movie. But from the plot synopsis over at IMDB, I HAVE to check that one out.

Indy will crack $200 million. Sure, it's been nearly 20 years since the last one, but it's got a proven star (Ford) playing a proven character (Indiana Jones), that almost everyone fondly remembers. Plus, look at the success of Rocky Balboa or Rambo (not sure how successful it was, but there was a lot of hype for it). If Rocky can make a comeback, Indi can.