TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The TSM Worst Poster tournament.

Guest Vitamin X

We don't need one. Let's just call it for Marvin, right? Especially now that EHME has stopped posting so much.

With NYankees getting banned and EHME on the straight and narrow, Marvin might have this thing in the bag.

However, the WWE folder offers a lot of crap if we want to bring them into the discussion. There's the Truthiness, dustinbeaverton, edgehead69, jericholic82, Enigmecca and a bunch of others. At least they keep to themselves.

I must correct myself. While Marvin is really shitty, MVP/Deon/Douchebag is a somewhat close 2nd. Not only is he a really shitty poster but he has a habit of bumping old threads for no good reason.

Why the fuck did EHME have to clean up his act?

Ive never had to be threatened with a ban to clean up my act, Ive never been warned for anything Ive done. I dont go around calling people fags and trying to start lame fights with people.

Im not even half as bad as he was.

Douchebag's thread about telling his ex's then boyfriend that she was pregnant makes him a very close second. However, I agree that Marvin has this one in the bag at this point. His current stint in the CE folder is so obvious in it's blatant trolling.

Kawalimus could take it in the near future.

At one point I was about 80% sure that Kawalimus was Marvin, but the admins swear that they are different people.

And this...

It's depressing that The Truthiness is currently at #1. He sucks!

is still the funniest post of the week.

Kawalimus could take it in the near future.

At one point I was about 80% sure that Kawalimus was Marvin, but the admins swear that they are different people.

Don't start no 80% jokes.

Douchebag's thread about telling his ex's then boyfriend that she was pregnant makes him a very close second. However, I agree that Marvin has this one in the bag at this point. His current stint in the CE folder is so obvious in it's blatant trolling.

I have no idea why Im being accused of trolling in the CE folder (specifically the Election thread). Im not trying to pick fights with anyone in CE. Ive made no offtopic posts in the election thread (other than to bash Martin Omalley who deserves every ounce of bashing he can get, and is an example of whats to come on a national scale after the election) nor have I posted anything that attacked any specific poster or group of posters in the thread. And if I had been guilty of such an offense, im sure a mod would have given me a warning.

People like Marvin have it bad because well traveled / known posters are held to a higher standard and/or people are aware of odd quirks that are annoying. Using the Marvin example, I never go into CE (I heard something about it being like Hitler) but apparently he's bad in there, and people (me) are annoyed by W ! ! and his HD obsession and what not, but I guess if you have an HD problem he's your guy and can be helpful. For that reason, I'm sure he's better than someone who posts only once a week in the WWE folder (any random idiot during a Raw thread, back when people posted in the Raw thread, for example) but no one cares what "breakpack" has to say so no one says he's the worst.

Someone who doesn't see my rational or well thought posts about wrestling but saw me and World's Worst Man try and derail video game threads last summer when we were bored on IRC could conceivably say I'm the worst poster of 2007!

I sort of follow that logic. I contribute a little bit to the sports folders, but I'm mostly a dick everywhere else. I'm sure if the WWE Folder guys were having a worst poster tournament and someone showed them the "Sucks Dick" thread I might garner a few votes.

If you are "established" or well-known your fuck-ups are more noticeable. A guy like dustinbeaverton, however, can fade into oblivion.

EHME became quite passable when he said "hey guys, I didn't realize my gimmicking was annoying you" and became a normal person. Matt Young is another guy who can be fine at any given time, but then either because he's insane when it comes to internet drama or enjoys an internet persona that gets people talking, will go mental (see: POTY Tournament 2008).

I have no problem with Taiga Star. Sorry to kill the dream. She may or may not be stupid as an individual, but she's harmless.

This is the dynamic of real person vs poster. They're totally different skills. We've had say, Mik and Mole who came off bad as posters but were probably ok guys in real life. Mik is actually fine as a poster now too. Mole I never got the problem with in the first place.

Then there's guys like courtneywasmurdered and DrTom, who are great posters, but probably terrible people.

And guys like me and Leena, who are awesome as both posters and people.

Worst poster of all time is Mike.

Worst person of all time is Marney.

Guest Vitamin X

I agree with Venkman re: Matt Young. I would probably get along with him quite well in person, I think. I have yet to finish playing against him on Xbox Live. I slaughtered him a few times on Madden a couple years back, though. I don't think Mike all-time; Crono was far worse for a very long time. wildpegasus wasn't so much as bad as he was annoying; funny how nobody remembers -iB- and/or Bring Back Charlie Ward. Awful. But Marvin is like a mix between wildpegasus and CronoT- like the political awareness of Crono with the annoying melodrama of wildpegasus, with the utter reluctance to accept the fact that he is universally hated on by the rest of the board. His supposed knowledge of HD is no better than your typical gizmodo fanboy, and he's a fucking tool in sports and politics. I don't know what that leaves him with anything left to offer. And to think he was fairly tolerable a couple years ago; but I guess now he's just sickeningly abysmal. I want to stab his bald, empty skull.

I'd say The Truthiness is more annoying than Marv is. Go read his stuff. Horrid.