TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

*Sighs*

I read Colt debuted on the last show teaming with Mighty Mikey and they faced Nick Nemeth and I believe Brad Allen, Justin Laroche, Charles Evans, Roucka and Sean Spears debuted last show as well

Wasn't Sean Spears "The Professional" in OVW?

I think that was Nick Nemeth

*Sighs*

I read Colt debuted on the last show teaming with Mighty Mikey and they faced Nick Nemeth and I believe Brad Allen, Justin Laroche, Charles Evans, Roucka and Sean Spears debuted last show as well

Wasn't Sean Spears "The Professional" in OVW?

No, that was Mike Mondo.

The whining in this thread is just annoying. If you was going to make that point, maybe you shouldn't have posted the damn thing a 3rd time.

Anyway, does anybody know how Cabana and Sydall are doing in FCW?

It is even more annoying to see a semi-long newspiece posted twice on the same page. At least skim the page you're on to see if it's been posted before.

You honestly have no room to talk about people posting the same news over and over again. You used to do it as well.

Plus...am I allowed to mention the wrestlers I've met?

An obituary a journalist friend of mine did for the Cruiserweight Championship:

Obituary

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

WWE Cruiserweight Championship of Stamford, Conn., died March 3, 2008, after a long bout against creativeteamitis. He was 16.

Known as "Cruizy" to his friends, Championship began his career in sports entertainment at an early age. He was most recently employed by Friday Night Smackdown!

He enjoyed music, especially wrestler's entrance themes. In his spare time, he co-wrote several entrance themes with the help of Quincy Jones, many of which were produced by his half brother, Rick Ocasek. Days before his death, he completed what would have been his own entrance theme -- a collaborative work with his neighbor and sometimes racquetball partner, Timbaland.

Cruizy was preceded in death by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. WCW Light Heavyweight Championship. He is survived by a sister, WWE Women's Championship; and two brothers, WWE Intercontinental Championship and WWE U.S. Championship.

Serving as pallbearers will be Chavo Guerrero, Chavo "Classic," Spike Dudley, Gregory Helms, Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio.

Funeral arrangements have not been finalized but will be announced later by World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

Credit - Jon Gargis

(Granted, some of the facts were off, but I still thought it was pretty funny...)

The whining in this thread is just annoying. If you was going to make that point, maybe you shouldn't have posted the damn thing a 3rd time.

Anyway, does anybody know how Cabana and Sydall are doing in FCW?

It is even more annoying to see a semi-long newspiece posted twice on the same page. At least skim the page you're on to see if it's been posted before.

You honestly have no room to talk about people posting the same news over and over again. You used to do it as well.

Plus...am I allowed to mention the wrestlers I've met?

I have never posted anything that was on the same page, so don't even go there, Mr. All-Star Referee. And any time I did post anything that was a page or two back that I missed in a quick scan (which at the MAX was MAYBE twice ever), I apologized and didn't berate people.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

Anyone know anything about WWE: Stars of Wrestle Mania? It's playing in a few local theaters. I haven't watched wrestling in a few weeks so please forgive me if it's been previewed on any of their shows.

So he paid you no attention, eh?

It was a 10 year old boy, dimwit.

Anyone know anything about WWE: Stars of Wrestle Mania? It's playing in a few local theaters. I haven't watched wrestling in a few weeks so please forgive me if it's been previewed on any of their shows.

Its actually playing here in town (Mankato, MN) at the local Carmike (the company that exclusively did the deal with WWE) theater (and a nice theater at that, all digital projection and amazing sound) starting today. Should be cool to check out, am certainly going to throw down on it just for the unique experience.

Not sure how long this is going to run, but I think this is going to be a condensed version of the Wal Mart DVD of the same name, as a trailer I saw about it lists (and in this order it appears):

Austin/Rock - Mania XV

Jericho/HBK - Mania XIX

Jericho/HHH - Mania XVIII

Taker/Orton - Mania XXI

Rock/Hogan - Mania XVIII

Throwing in video profile packages in between the matches, I would guess this (digital) film version runs about a good hour and half or so. I'll post thoughts about it after I check it out over the weekend.

They're... all the same.

No. They have subtle differences, the first two have different fonts and placement as the third one is an entirely different design. WWE has done worse and I approve that it doesn't have the usual black shirt/white text/stupid catchphase as they once commonly used. Not everyone should have the Affliction based shirts.

What you say is true. I still remember the Rock's ever-changing shirts and one particularly stupid one about 'smack your lips off', or something.

The front said "How's your lips?" and the back said "Cause they're about to be smacked off your face!"

How huge could a Taker/HBK match at a future WM be? You would have the guy who claims to be Mr. Wrestlemaia, the guy who will likely still have the streak, and they could also really focus on the fact that both of them have been with the company for close to 20 years, longer than any other active workers. Not to mention that the match has never taken place at WM before, and many people have really wanted to see them go at it once again.

Just a though, sounds good to me.

Don't forget that WM25 will take place in Houston, which happens to be their home state. This time next year, neither should be in the title picture and this match would eliminate any talk of "Should they end the streak here", since Shawn losing at WM is as much of a tradition as Undertaker's streak.

Don't forget that WM25 will take place in Houston, which happens to be their home state.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that.

They've gotta do that match next year since that's the case.

That's just superfluous booking right there because those two are likely to go longer then another year. It'd actually take away from that match to tack on that stipulation. It should be about two long time rivals with many classic matches and moments to their credit at WM finally facing each other on that biggest stage, especially in their home state.

I say have no title involved, no stips or anything. Just those two having one hell of a match at WM for the first, and likely last, time ever against one another. You could go a lot of different ways with the match, buildup, booking and all of that.

Has this actually already been rumored to happen next year?

I say have no title involved, no strips or anything. Just those two having one hell of a match at WM for the first, and likely last, time ever against one another. You could go a lot of different ways with the match, buildup, booking and all of that.

Has this actually already been rumored to happen next year?

Nothing more substantial then what we've done here. Same goes for Cena-Batista for WM25 as well as Edge-HHH. Those are the three biggest matches WWE could offer, in house, for next year's event which I would imagine is going to be heavily promoted like XX.

Edit: BL, they did follow up on the 07 Rumble finish with this year's Rumble. In fact, if WM25 with those two becomes a reality, it should be set up in the 2009 edition of the Rumble. Just have those two in the ring alone in the middle of it and they go all out, eliminating each other.