TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

goldengreek: The WWE folder is a safe environment for others to exchange well thought out discussion points. TSM can't tolerate that kind of back talk in a flame free folder.

Guest tonyjaymzretro
I met Jimmy Wang Yang back in 2001 at the Smackdown in Birmingham after ECW joined the Invasion. I went into a Waffle House after the show, and I noticed a lot of the international wrestlers were there (Essa Rios, Tajiri, The Yung Dragons). I didn't want to bother them while they were eating, but I ended up going to pay for the check at the same time they did. Jimmy looked at me and was like, "Yeah, we were wondering if you and your friends were going to come over and talk to you us." He was extremely nice and cordial.

I've met Yang twice, and he was awesome each time. Totally cool, will talk with you for a good bit.

The stuff I've heard about MVP in the past makes me think that he is more like Carlito and Orton who play up their gimmick in public moreso than being a legit dick. I may be wrong on that, but that is just how it seems to me.

A few weeks ago I asked MVP for a picture at a hotel the wrestlers were staying. He said "No. I only take pictures with women." I also asked Chavo and he yelled "NO!" Kofi Kingston, on the other hand, was very friendly.

Must ahve caught Chavo on a bad day, met him once and he talked to me for about 20 minutes. Real cool guy, introduced me to a bunch of other wrestlers and let me hang with them. Out of that group Chuck Palumbo, Hugh Morrus, Rey Mysterio, and Mike Sanders we're friendly and talked to you. Sean O'haire and Konnan? not so much

I met Jimmy Wang Yang back in 2001 at the Smackdown in Birmingham after ECW joined the Invasion. I went into a Waffle House after the show, and I noticed a lot of the international wrestlers were there (Essa Rios, Tajiri, The Yung Dragons). I didn't want to bother them while they were eating, but I ended up going to pay for the check at the same time they did. Jimmy looked at me and was like, "Yeah, we were wondering if you and your friends were going to come over and talk to you us." He was extremely nice and cordial.

I've met Yang twice, and he was awesome each time. Totally cool, will talk with you for a good bit.

The stuff I've heard about MVP in the past makes me think that he is more like Carlito and Orton who play up their gimmick in public moreso than being a legit dick. I may be wrong on that, but that is just how it seems to me.

A few weeks ago I asked MVP for a picture at a hotel the wrestlers were staying. He said "No. I only take pictures with women." I also asked Chavo and he yelled "NO!" Kofi Kingston, on the other hand, was very friendly.

Must ahve caught Chavo on a bad day, met him once and he talked to me for about 20 minutes. Real cool guy, introduced me to a bunch of other wrestlers and let me hang with them. Out of that group Chuck Palumbo, Hugh Morrus, Rey Mysterio, and Mike Sanders we're friendly and talked to you. Sean O'haire and Konnan? not so much

Must have caught him on a bad night as well. :P

Back in 2000, there was a Nitro taping in Augusta, GA. For unknown reasons, or maybe just to mingle with fans, Sean O'Haire exited the arena throught he main entrance. He stopped to chat and take pictures with anyone that asked, and seemed like a real class act.

Stevie Ray of Harlem Hear is without a doubt the most humble, and polite wrestler I've had the pleasure of speaking with. Myself and a friend would chat with him over the guardrail at the commentary booth during commercial breaks for the Thunder they were taping that same night. Of course, we would leave him the hell alone while he was working, but he signed our programs and chatted it up with us.

Buff Bagwell is extremely polite and humble these days as well. My girlfriend and I met him after an NWA-Midatlantic show last January (2007). For all the stories of him being an egomaniac prick, I guess wrestling on the indy's for the better part of 6 years will do wonders to humble someone.

goldengreek: The WWE folder is a safe environment for others to exchange well thought out discussion points. TSM can't tolerate that kind of back talk in a flame free folder.

I can't tell if this was sarcasm or not.

A place that I would love to see get WrestleMania would be Minneapolis. I know that this is not a very likely scenario, but they do have the Metrodome that can fill at least 60,000 people. There is also St. Louis and they could use the Edwards Jones Dome for it as well.

I'd see them in St. Louis before Minneapolis, although both are cities with great wrestling histories. Still, they might not fall into the "tourist destination" requirement for a host city.

If they came to St. Louis they'd probably still do it at the Scottrade Center.

Only wrestler I want to meet is Mickie. Just look at that. Look at it. Why she lost that ass I'll never know

did you want ne to ask victoria to give me a widows peak or tell her her face was busted ?

I remember when I asked Randy Orton for an autograph when I met him in 2004... He looked at me with this goofy smart ass look, "Aren't you a little too old for autographs?", he still signed it anyway. This was back he was in his IC title run and was in Evolution... I was only 17 at the time.

I don't give a fuck, that signature is going to worth something one day. I could sell that picture on ebay and get some good $$$ out of it.

I remember when I asked Randy Orton for an autograph when I met him in 2004... He looked at me with this goofy smart ass look, "Aren't you a little too old for autographs?", he still signed it anyway. This was back he was in his IC title run and was in Evolution... I was only 17 at the time.

More Orton shit -- same restrant I saw these guys at yesterday .... Orton orders a pizza to be delivered to his hotel about a year ago

Dude stiffed the driver -- No Tip !!

I didn't really care about Orton making that comment, I figured it was just him playing character... I found it pretty funny myself, he signed it anyway... So I can't complain.

If I was the Pizza Driver who didn't tipped by Orton though, I'd piss on his hotel door.

I didn't really care about Orton making that comment, I figured it was just him playing character... I found it pretty funny myself, he signed it anyway... So I can't complain.

If I was the Pizza Driver who didn't tipped by Orton though, I'd piss on his hotel door.

You'd be too late. He'd probably already done it himself.

Kurt Angle claims in an interview with the UK Sun that Chris Benoit told him a year before the murders that he was going to snap: “About a year before what happened I was talking to Chris—and they (WWE) were running him ragged—and he pulled me aside and said: ‘Listen, I’m ready to snap.’ And I could see it in his face, it wasn’t like a normal: I’m ready to snap, I’m really run down.’ He was like looking at me real intense like he was going to kill me.

“He got some time off but when he came back they ran him ragged again and he ended up getting concussion, brain damage, and somewhere along the line he did snap. But everybody wants to blame it on WWE and Vince McMahon and it’s really not their fault.”

Angle also commented on Shawn Michaels and Triple H: “Triple H obviously wanted to bash me because I was a better wrestler than him and I deserved to be in the top spot that he was in but he was never going to give up, he’s Vince’s son-in-law. I had to deal with that stuff all the time.

"I’d wrestle Shawn Michaels and I’d get a little rough with him, then I’d get heat from Vince McMahon because I beat up on Shawn too much. So I’m like: ‘Well, you know what, I’m tired of the two long-haired sissies. If they can’t go up against me then don’t put them up against me.’” To listen to the full interview, visit the UK Sun.

Good job Angle. You prove once again, that you sir are an idiot.

Yeah, I've been able to meet most of the roster over the years. I never really had a problem with anybody except for Shawn Michaels and Test. First time I met HBK back in 2005, he was really nice. Every other time since, he's been an ass. Not wanting to sign stuff or take pics at all.

Test is the biggest dickhead I ever met. He blew off a mentally challenged kid.

Nicest guys I ever met were John Cena, Rico, Mr. Kennedy, Eddie Guerrero, RVD, and Paul London.

Stacy Keibler's a bitch. Every other Diva I met was cool.

I met Batista and Orton when they were still in Evolution and they were really cool, but ever since they've been world champions, they've been moody.

HHH is cool, but he won't sign anything.

Edge and Shelton Benjamin are hit or miss.

Charlie Haas doesn't like to take pictures for some reason. Same with Paul Heyman.

Back in 2004, after a Smackdown taping, I saw RVD do one of the coolest things ever. He was riding in a pickup with someone I didn't recognize. They were about to pull out of the parking lot, and he heard some kids yelling at him for an autograph. His driver got half-way across the highway, and RVD made the guy stop, and block traffic. This allowed the kids to run over to the truck where RVD signed anything they wanted, and posed for pictures. Perhaps not the safest thing one could do, and a little discourteous to the other drivers on the road, but still cool of him.

I don't really have many wrestler stories but in 2004 I did meet a bunch of guys at a Hooters, this was after helping a friend move and we were chilling afterwards. It was a group of OVW guys from that time period like Matt Morgan, Shannon Moore, Sakoda, and Luther Reigns. Morgan had two blondes with him with really huge fake tits. Moore was certainly the coolest, he chatted with us for a while, with Morgan mostly drinking beer. Luther mostly sulked in the corner.

Kurt Angle claims in an interview with the UK Sun that Chris Benoit told him a year before the murders that he was going to snap: “About a year before what happened I was talking to Chris—and they (WWE) were running him ragged—and he pulled me aside and said: ‘Listen, I’m ready to snap.’ And I could see it in his face, it wasn’t like a normal: I’m ready to snap, I’m really run down.’ He was like looking at me real intense like he was going to kill me.

“He got some time off but when he came back they ran him ragged again and he ended up getting concussion, brain damage, and somewhere along the line he did snap. But everybody wants to blame it on WWE and Vince McMahon and it’s really not their fault.”

Angle also commented on Shawn Michaels and Triple H: “Triple H obviously wanted to bash me because I was a better wrestler than him and I deserved to be in the top spot that he was in but he was never going to give up, he’s Vince’s son-in-law. I had to deal with that stuff all the time.

"I’d wrestle Shawn Michaels and I’d get a little rough with him, then I’d get heat from Vince McMahon because I beat up on Shawn too much. So I’m like: ‘Well, you know what, I’m tired of the two long-haired sissies. If they can’t go up against me then don’t put them up against me.’” To listen to the full interview, visit the UK Sun.

caveman.gif

Might want to scroll up a tad.

Anyways, the only ECW show I ever went to in December 1999, a ton of the guys were outside the arena just hanging out with fans. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer, Raven, Rob Van Dam, The Sandman, Balls Mahoney, and Axl Rotten were out there just hanging out with people like they were one of them. The main topic was how much WCW sucked.

Kurt Angle claims in an interview with the UK Sun that Chris Benoit told him a year before the murders that he was going to snap: "About a year before what happened I was talking to Chris—and they (WWE) were running him ragged—and he pulled me aside and said: 'Listen, I'm ready to snap.' And I could see it in his face, it wasn't like a normal: I'm ready to snap, I'm really run down.' He was like looking at me real intense like he was going to kill me.

"He got some time off but when he came back they ran him ragged again and he ended up getting concussion, brain damage, and somewhere along the line he did snap. But everybody wants to blame it on WWE and Vince McMahon and it's really not their fault."

Angle also commented on Shawn Michaels and Triple H: "Triple H obviously wanted to bash me because I was a better wrestler than him and I deserved to be in the top spot that he was in but he was never going to give up, he's Vince's son-in-law. I had to deal with that stuff all the time.

"I'd wrestle Shawn Michaels and I'd get a little rough with him, then I'd get heat from Vince McMahon because I beat up on Shawn too much. So I'm like: 'Well, you know what, I'm tired of the two long-haired sissies. If they can't go up against me then don't put them up against me.'" To listen to the full interview, visit the UK Sun.

Did we really need this news item posted TWICE ON THE SAME PAGE? Please take a minute or two to look over the forum before posting old news items.

The whining in this thread is just annoying. If you was going to make that point, maybe you shouldn't have posted the damn thing a 3rd time.

Anyway, does anybody know how Cabana and Sydall are doing in FCW?

The whining in this thread is just annoying. If you was going to make that point, maybe you shouldn't have posted the damn thing a 3rd time.

I read Colt debuted on the last show teaming with Mighty Mikey and they faced Nick Nemeth and I believe Brad Allen, Justin Laroche, Charles Evans, Roucka and Sean Spears debuted last show as well

It is even more annoying to see a semi-long newspiece posted twice on the same page. At least skim the page you're on to see if it's been posted before.

*Sighs*

I read Colt debuted on the last show teaming with Mighty Mikey and they faced Nick Nemeth and I believe Brad Allen, Justin Laroche, Charles Evans, Roucka and Sean Spears debuted last show as well

Wasn't Sean Spears "The Professional" in OVW?