TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy suspended

For me, being a big Jeff Hardy fan when I first started watching WWE on a regular basis, this is extremely disappointing news. Hopefully, Jeff can get his act together and get back in the good graces of the company, but I don't feel good about his chances at all.

Forcing somebody to go to rehab is useless, unless they want to clean themselves up. You can only accept and get help unless you really want it. Look at Jake Roberts.

As far as Jeff Hardy, I don't feel sorry for him in the least bit. For all the backstage b.s that goes on in the WWE, there comes a point where only you can control your career and destiny. This guy can be a legit star one day, and I guess his addiction will always take priority over his career.

I want MVP to win MITB this year. Kennedy blew his shot last year and Jericho doesn't really need a MITB win.

Same here... unless they try and attempt a "do-over" with Kennedy... MVP seems like the logical choice to win Money in the Bank at this point, and that should really help him as he could do a program with either HHH/Cena or Undertaker. It goes along the lines of other "screw-ups" in wrestling costing themselves a major push, and then someone stepping into that spot and running with it.

The story is now on the main page of espn.com (ironically they get more mainstream coverage for a drug suspension than for Mayweather's involvement). Unfortunately for Jeff his fuck-up is getting the most pub. I don't think this bodes well for his future.

I'm a huge Hardy fan, have been for many years now, but if I were in charge at WWE I'd be thinking about cutting ties with the guy once and for all. Not just because of him screwing up current plans, not because he keeps screwing up his rise to the top, but because he is the sort of guy who will attract the bad type of press that WWE most certainly does not need these days. Not to mention that it would be very, very bad if he ended up dying on WWE's watch.

I just don't think the guy is worth it. He's over in a big way, he's just about the to the top, but he comes with far too much baggage. He's had chance after chance to prove that he can straighten up and he fails each and every time.

I really hate to hear this news, and I hate to talk like this about the guy, but it's the truth.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. What a fucking screw-up. I'll never get behind him again like I did this time around. I thought he had cleaned up his act. Oh well.

So was Hardy actually ever on Crystal Meth during his first stint with WWE and subsequent trip to TNA-land? Or was that something that just got passed around by the IWC because his gimmick reminded them of a skinny gay raver complete with the back-pocket color-coded handkerchief?

There's one way WWE could fix Jeff's problems, but it would not set well with anyone in the back, or folks here for this matter. When Jeff Hardy comes back from his suspension, put the World Title on him. Hear me out first. Orton fucked up time and time again, and it wasn't until he was given the responsibility of being the World Champion, and the top man in the company, that he finally grew the fuck up and stopped his bullshit. He has also become a person that is looked up to backstage for sticking up for himself and others. If Jeff Hardy were given the pressure of being the top man in the company, and the face of the company so to speak, maybe he would finally grow up, and become a responsible adult. Either that or become an even bigger druggy due to not being able to handle the pressure, thus failing another drug test, and forcing WWE to put out a report on their site and to the AP stating they had to fire their World Champion due to him being a drug addict. It's a double-edged sword, but it may work for Jeff.

Giving screw-ups immediate world title runs to see if they can REALLY change their ways sets a both a bad example to follow and a bad precedent - the fact that Orton being champ is already causing people to say "yes, give the title to a man with two strikes and a documented drug problem in another company immediately after his suspension is done" attests to this.

There's a part of me that believes Jeff went back to his old ways after seeing his WWE Title push evaporate and HHH take back over his spot.

Kind of like "So, they had me jump 25 feet off the Raw set for no reason."

Firstly, like alot of people have already said, Jeff made a stupid mistake. This being his second violation, I'm not sure if he really deserves another shot at the top- no matter how much he's over with the fans.

Secondly, and more importantly, I'm glad WWE is showing they're serious about the wellness program. When they first announced the program shortly after Eddie's death, I was skeptical they would stick to it. And now, just under three weeks before the biggest show of the year, they have the guts to enforce the policy on one of their most popular guys. Good on WWE for doing the right thing for once.

As far as "old ways go" - I have to honestly wonder what he was busted for, though. I really doubt it was meth again (if that's in fact what he was on back in 2003) because he looks healthy, he's not wasting away, etc. I'm guessing it was the usual "pain killers w/o a perscription" thing.

from Matt's myspace

I know two people of different genders who are in a dilemma at this time. One of these individuals I am extremely close with-the other one I used to be. The thing that worries me is that they're both playing around in the deep water and can't swim. I can swim. Ironically, Eulogy by Tool just came up on random.

Poor Matt. His brother's a junkie. His ex girfriend is a junkie. His other girlfreind of six years left him for his close freind. All this, and he still can't get a main event push.

Guest frostdude1
Secondly, and more importantly, I'm glad WWE is showing they're serious about the wellness program. When they first announced the program shortly after Eddie's death, I was skeptical they would stick to it. And now, just under three weeks before the biggest show of the year, the have the guts to enforce the policy on one of their most popular guys. Good on WWE for doing the right thing for once.

Definitely. I was more surprised about the fact that WWE is sticking to what they said and suspending the hottest wrestler at the moment than Hardy taking another illegal substance.

Congratulations Jeffy.

And please.. when you are back.. ask the WWE for another main Event push, Im sure they will understand that it was justa momment of weakness.

See ya in two months in a feud with Santino or another mid carder.

from Matt's myspace

I know two people of different genders who are in a dilemma at this time. One of these individuals I am extremely close with-the other one I used to be. The thing that worries me is that they're both playing around in the deep water and can't swim. I can swim. Ironically, Eulogy by Tool just came up on random.

Poor Matt. His brother's a junkie. His ex girfriend is a junkie. His other girlfreind of six years left him for his close freind. All this, and he still can't get a main event push.

I'm sorry, who is the junkie ex-girlfriend? Is she in the business?

from Matt's myspace

I'm sorry, who is the junkie ex-girlfriend? Is she in the business?

Ashley Massaro.

There's a part of me that believes Jeff went back to his old ways after seeing his WWE Title push evaporate and HHH take back over his spot.

Yeah its Triple H's fault Jeff is a junkie.

God damn it, Jeff! You had a good shot of possibly being WWE Champion this year and you had to go back to your old habits and fuck it all up! Jesus Christ, hopefully with this news, this might hopefully give Kennedy a second chance at being a headliner again following his series of unfortunate events from last year.

As much as I tried to have sympathy for Jeff, he did this to himself, and my sympathy for him as all but vanished. Fuck it. Give Matt the MitB and let him finally get his big "3-years in the Making" win over Edge at a later date after he inevitably regains the world title.

As much as I tried to have sympathy for Jeff, he did this to himself, and my sympathy for him as all but vanished. Fuck it. Give Matt the MitB and let him finally get his big "3-years in the Making" win over Edge at a later date after he inevitably regains the world title.

Don't say let Matt get a run with the title, because people here will have a heart attack. They seem to believe Matt doesn't have Main event potential.

Unfortunate events like sticking his own feet in his mouth?

As well as getting injured again, the extent of the injury misdiagnosed causing him to miss out on winning the world title, causing himself to get booted out of an important storyline with Vince, and causing Cena to get injured when he returns.

Either through his actions of his own or circumstances beyond his control, Kennedy has really been Mr. Bad Luck

Don't say let Matt get a run with the title, because people here will have a heart attack. They seem to believe Matt doesn't have Main event potential.

I've always liked Matt better than Jeff. Anybody else agree?

As well as getting injured again, the extent of the injury misdiagnosed causing to miss out on winning the world title, causing himself to get booted out of an important storyline with Vince, and causing Cena to get injured when he returns.

Either through actions of his own or circumstances beyond his control, Kennedy has really been Mr. Bad Luck

Not to mention Eddy Guerrero and Lashley wrestled their last televised matches against him. The guy really has an aura of bad luck around him.

OMG JEFF'S NEW MUSIK SUX SO BAD HE HAD 2 TAKE TEH DRUGS AGAIN!!1!1

All this talk of Jeff getting a push 'if he cleans up his act' from certain people is pretty optimistic. I think it really depends on what it is. If it was something recreational then maybe he'll have time to rebuild his reputation again. But if it's something like pain pills then I doubt it's something he's going to be able to kick with a magic click of the fingers, just because we all wanna see him win the World Title at Summerslam, yippee! It's obvious his body is in pretty bad shape and he often looked in obvious pain just walking out and climbing the ropes. So if it is something to do with painkillers, there's obviously an underlying problem that needs to be dealt with. One which won't be solved by 'hey, let's give him a World Title push when his suspension is up'.

And this has to be the stupidest post in this thre...

Jesus Christ, hopefully with this news, this might hopefully give Kennedy a second chance at being a headliner again following his series of unfortunate events from last year.

....oh dear.

Unfortunate events like sticking his own feet in his mouth?

As well as getting injured again, the extent of the injury misdiagnosed causing him to miss out on winning the world title, causing himself to get booted out of an important storyline with Vince, and causing Cena to get injured when he returns.

Either through his actions of his own or circumstances beyond his control, Kennedy has really been Mr. Bad Luck

I've always liked Matt better than Jeff. Anybody else agree?

I agree 100%, Matt is way better than Jeff.

Is that true about Ashley being a junkie as well? Would explain the way she looks most of the time if it is. However, as others have said, fair play to WWE for sticking to their guns and not suspending him x months down the road once he's cooled off.

My thoughts go out to Matt Hardy who must be going through a tough time worrying about his Brother, yet again.

That's not what I said at all, jackass.

That's not what I said at all, jackass.

No flaming in the WWE folder.