TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy suspended

Eddie as a face got huge pops, and always had a lot of heat during his matches, way more than Hardy has had, unless it was a ladder match. You can compare a 6 ,ont push, to the 2004 through 2005 period Eddie was on Smackdown. All you have to do is look at Eddie's match with JBL, Angle, Big Show, Chavo, and any other heel on SD in 2004. He was clearly the biggest draw on the show, and got the bigger pops, he also was responsible for bringing in new viewers, I'm sure Hardy hasn't brought in a new fanbase. It was reported that Eddie and Rey's feud in 2005, drew Austin/Mcmahon like numbers in the Hispanic community, Jeff Hardy has never been as over or a bigger draw as Eddie. I doubt it could even be said that Jeff was a bigger draw or more over than Rey Mysterio.

Eddie as a face got huge pops, and always had a lot of heat during his matches, way more than Hardy has had, unless it was a ladder match. You can compare a 6 ,ont push, to the 2004 through 2005 period Eddie was on Smackdown. All you have to do is look at Eddie's match with JBL, Angle, Big Show, Chavo, and any other heel on SD in 2004. He was clearly the biggest draw on the show, and got the bigger pops, he also was responsible for bringing in new viewers, I'm sure Hardy hasn't brought in a new fanbase. It was reported that Eddie and Rey's feud in 2005, drew Austin/Mcmahon like numbers in the Hispanic community, Jeff Hardy has never been as over or a bigger draw as Eddie. I doubt it could even be said that Jeff was a bigger draw or more over than Rey Mysterio.

Eddie's feuds with Chavo and Big Show were hardly memorable... Nor was he getting face pops like Hardy was from september to now, during those feuds.

His feuds with Lesnar, JBL, and Angle were all well booked with the heels playing their roles perfectly. I take nothing away from Eddie, he got big reactions... But there is a big difference from getting huge crowd pops feuding with great heels like those 3, then it was for feuding with the likes of Umaga, Kennedy, and Orton(whom I'm a huge fan of).

His feud with Rey, he played the heel for the vast majority of it, which adds even more proof to my point that Eddie was more effective as a heel... It's ashame we never got to see Eddie as heel with the world title, it would've been amazing. He problay would've seen it had he not died.

But it's all a moot point, because we will never be able to see the full potential of Jeff Hardy being a main draw, because he fucked it up himself.

It doesn't matter who he was aginst, and his feuds with Show and Chavo didn't have to be memorable, it still doesn't change the fact that Eddie was more over than Hardy. He was getting just as big of a pop as Hardy was against Chavo and Show, and was getting pops when he was booked against Angle, Brock, or JBL. Umaga, Orton, and Triple H all are just as over now as Brock, Angle, and JBL were then (eventhough I do agree that Brock and JBL were better heels). Eddie in 2004 was more over than Hardy ever was in the last 6 months, and he was over longer and getting bigger reactions. When he was paired with Chavo and Tajiri he was getting huger pops, and with Chavo he was heel for a lot of the time. Jeff's feud with Orton was booked perfectly, and he got over huge, but he still wasn't as over as Eddie. Umaga's character was also booked very good, and he does a great job with his character, so thats not really a good talking point, nor does it make much sense to try to use the fact that Hardy had lesser opponents than Eddie, since Raw is the flag ship and seen as way more important, than Smackdown ever will be. The fact is, Eddie was on the B show, and was the most over face in the company in 2004. You can easily go on youtube and dailymotion and check for yourself, you'd see that Eddie was clearly getting huge reactions where ever he went, You can't really compare Hardy with Guerrero in any shape or form.

I just got word that Matt might also out for a 60 day suspension...

Although not confirmed, Matt Hardy may have recently entered rehab. Hardy is serving a 60 day suspension with the WWE for unknown reasons. We will have more on this if it develops.

source:slam sports

got this info from TaigaStar - not my own research. I was hoping for Matt taking Jeff's spot. :(

-Annie

It's ashame we never got to see Eddie as heel with the world title, it would've been amazing. He problay would've seen it had he not died.

According to Batista in his book, Orton was supposed to win the title in the match the day Eddie died so that is debatable. I'm not sure they would have ever put a belt back on him considering how he mentally flaked out during the first reign.

It goes from bad to worse.

More problems for Jeff Hardy

by Dave Meltzer

Just days after being suspended for 60 days, Jeff Hardy got more bad news when his home in Cameron, NC, burned to the ground last night. Hardy and his girlfriend weren't home when it happened, but virtually everything Hardy owned was destroyed and he lost his pet dog. No other details are available at this time.

No cause of the fire has been determined.

The fall out of the 60 day suspension of Jeff Hardy for a second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy is still making news. Sadly, Friday night, Jeff's home in North Carolina burned to the ground and he lost essentially every thing he had and most sadly his dog. Losing an animal one is close to is just like losing a family member to many people and we just experienced that with the death of our 18 year old cat Molly who had to be put down after suffering a series of strokes.

Apparently Matt Hardy saw smoke coming from Jeff's home on Friday night, discovered that no one was home, but arrived at the house too late to do any thing but watch it burn to the ground.

These are challenging times for Jeff to say the least. Not only has he incurred his second strike with only one remaining before he would be terminated from the WWE, his situation has been underscored by the fact that his suspension went public per the WWE policy, which went into effect on November 1 and with which I wholeheartedly agree. Now Jeff's home has been destroyed with the heart breaking reality that his beloved dog died in the fire as well.

Jeff's career can be rebuilt if he so chooses to committing to do such. This commitment cannot be a short term commitment, but a life time commitment that must see him take it one day at a time and have the expressed goal of being successful in 24 hours intervals. I am one that truly believes that Jeff can make this happen, especially if those close to him offer Jeff the kind of support that he needs and that he seeks the wisdom and advise of a counselor who can help Jeff understand why these life and career threatening mistakes are being made.

Jeff's home can be rebuilt materially, as well, but his many personal affects now nothing more than a memory. I hope this tragedy doesn't push Jeff to the edge of the proverbial cliff to where his wrestling career becomes nothing more than a memory as well.

I grieve for the loss of the animal. I can only imagine what Jeff Hardy must be going through at this time. without question Jeff is being sternly tested. I hope he passes this test and the one's to come admirably.

Jeff hardy will be 31 years old on August 31, 2008 and without question his wrestling career can be re-ignited if Jeff can prove to those that make the all important decisions that Jeff can be trusted and has become a responsible professional who understands how important it is to do the right things.

The trust factor is one that cannot be underscored enough. Over my 30+ years in the wrestling business I often wondered why so many of the men in charge were also their territories top stars. Owners/Promoters/Bookers like Eddie Graham, Verne Gagne, Fritz Von Erich, Bob Geigel, Bill Watts, Jerry Jarret and Jerry Lawler, The Funks, and so many more were their area's top stars more often than not and did so because they knew they could trust and depend on their top stars, them. Being responsible and trust worthy are great traits to have in any field of endeavor, but it seems to be especially viable in the wrestling business based on my personal experiences.

Jeff Hardy can rebuild his home, hopefully he can somehow replace his beloved dog, I know that won't be easy, but can he rebuild the trust with the WWE that allows Jeff to be provided with more opportunities to be the star that we all know that he can be? No one has this answer today. Only time will tell but I will say that my opinion is that it can be done but it certainly won't be easy.

J.R.

When I first read the "Jeff Hardy's House Burns Down" headline on a "Newz" site earlier I got the same feeling as I did when first reading the "Chris Benoit Dead" headline. I'm sincerely glad him / his girlfriend are all right although it's a real shame about the dog.

I know we all like to make jokes and stuff, but wow, this seriously the kind of stuff that would drive someone to end their life. I hope Hardy can make it through this all right.

No one can confirm or deny the bogus sounding Matt story?

Apparently Matt Hardy saw smoke coming from Jeff's home on Friday night, discovered that no one was home, but arrived at the house too late to do any thing but watch it burn to the ground.

That's one way to figure out that it's bogus. It was probably just a stupid typo.

Matt lives in the same neighborhood, so it would make sense that he saw the smoke. Edit: I see what you were referering to, I forgot the breaking news report Taigastar had informed us of earlier.

Jeff hardy will be 31 years old on August 31, 2008 and without question his wrestling career can be re-ignited

I see what you did there, JR

Jeff hardy will be 31 years old on August 31, 2008 and without question his wrestling career can be re-ignited

I see what you did there, JR

Got damn.... :D

One thing that I thought was interesting is with all the money he makes, he still lived in a double-wide trailer. Oh well, he could at least write a country song about the past couple weeks... ;)

Who said he lived in a trailer?

More devastating news for Jeff Hardy

In the same week in which he was suspended 60 days for his second violation of WWE’s drug policy, Jeff Hardy was dealt another stunning blow when his house in Cameron, N.C., burned down, wrestlingobserver.com reported.

The report stated that Hardy and his girlfriend were not home at the time of the fire, but he lost virtually all of his belongings as well as his pet dog. The cause of the fire has not been determined by fire officials. Hardy lived in a double-wide trailer.

It’s hard to imagine one person having to deal with personal and professional problems of such a large magnitude all at once.

The blog entry regarding Hardy’s suspension that was posted on Tuesday has generated more comments by far than any posting since I began the blog last May. Most of the comments have been from Hardy fans who were concerned about him and vowed to continue supporting him.

Hardy will need that support even more now.

Baltimore Sun article

Well, they are crediting the Observer for the story, but Meltzer said nothing about him living in a trailer.

I recall Jeff having a pretty decent sized house on that Confidential piece they did on him a couple years back, the one with the dirt bike course in the backyard. However, A double-wide trailer would suit Jeff as well. Most likely they were both on the same property.

From TMZ

Hardy House Fire Ruled "Undetermined"

TMZ just spoke to Captain Bruner of the Cameron Fire Department -- and he told us the Moore County Fire Department has ruled the cause of the fire that claimed wrestler Jeff Hardy's home as "undetermined."

Bruner said around 11:30 PM the blaze was "paged out as a wildfire" -- because the citizens that made the call only saw the fire through some woods. Three minutes later another call was made -- this time specifically naming the Hardy residence as the location of the fire.

When firemen arrived at the scene, Hardy's home was "fully engulfed." Because the home was "burnt so bad," the Moore County Fire officials investigating the blaze ruled it "undetermined."

Foul play on the part of Jeff Hardy is not being investigated -- because Jeff Hardy told Captain Bruner that he didn't have insurance on his home.

Why didn't the moron have insurance?