TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

WWE Raw (3/31)

Courtesy wwe.com

WrestleMania XXIV is bound to change everything. Either WWE Champion Randy Orton will return to Raw having defended his championship against two of the most feared opponents in WWE, or a newly-crowned titleholder will emerge in either Triple H or John Cena. When Raw takes over Orlando’s Amway Arena, just who will surface from Sunday’s Triple Threat Match the victor? And how will the two losing challengers retaliate? In Raw’s Eight-Man Tag Match last Monday, Big Show displayed his dominance by leaving Orton, Triple H and Cena flat in his wake. Will The World’s Largest Athlete be able to exhibit similar authority when he faces off against WBC welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather? Or will The Greatest Fighter in the World use his speed and stamina to outwit and outlast the 7-footer?

With all the Superstars returning to face the consequences of WrestleMania, one Superstar could be conspicuously absent from the proceedings: Ric Flair. For the 16-time World Champion to survive, he’ll need to defeat his longtime friend Shawn Michaels the night before in a Career Threatening Match. Does the Hall of Famer still have what it takes to get the job done or will The Showstopper stop the Nature Boy’s show?

In other Raw action, Playboy cover girl Maria scored a new BunnyMania tag team partner to replace her injured ally, Candice Michelle. Ashley, a former Playboy cover girl herself, hopped to the rescue during Maria’s match with Melina. Which duo of gorgeous Divas will return to Raw BunnyMania Champions?

Also, Umaga will battle Batista at WrestleMania in the Battle for Brand Supremacy. Will the Samoan Bulldozer reinforce brand pride at Raw, or will The Animal dash his hopes?

Will one of the Raw Superstars in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, including Mr. Kennedy, Chris Jericho or Carlito, have what it takes to bring the briefcase back to Raw?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, tune in to Monday Night Raw at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

I don't want to be "that guy" who harps about how tacky the spinner belt looks for people who aren't John Cena, but a Post Mania Raw after successfully defending against Cena and HHH seems like the perfect time for Orton to have some grandiose heel ceremony where he gets a new belt (and then HHH attacks him to set up Backlash or something).

Why? They don't need it. Is someone else going to suddenly become a main eventer on Raw for Backlash? I'm kind of expecting HHH vs. Cena on Raw tonight, winner goes to Backlash.

I just hope CM Punk doesn't use it to go after Kane and the ECW Title. I expect he'll hold on to it for awhile, as I expect Orton to drop the title to HHH at Backlash, meaning UT and HHH will both hold the titles as faces. And with plans to market Punk heavily to the kids, he's not going to heel any time soon.

I believe I read somewhere that SD/ECW wrestlers were to be at Raw tonight, possibly to set-up/announce the next draft.

Yes, PWI said that all the contracted wrestlers except for Highlander Robbie were told to be at Raw.

I can see Punk moving to raw and getting Hardy's spot. It's weird: he benefited from Morrison going down from drugs and he probably wouldn't have won MITB if it hadn't been for for Hardy getting suspended.

Just say no, kids.

PWInsider has a "Major, Major spoiler" for Raw. Corpse read it and confirmed it is pretty major so I opted out of reading it.

Speaking of Raw, while I doubt WWE.com polls mean anything, they have a "Who should challenge Randy Orton?" poll with 6 names on it, none of them being Cena (so I guess getting pinned in the three way takes him out of the race) and one of them being Matt Hardy (who isn't even on Raw).

*Reads Spoiler*

Raw is a must watch tonight.

*Pumped and pissed he has to work till midnight*

Well I lost it when I watched the Flair match/post match and I fully expect to again tonight. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't want to know what it is (although it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out (though part of the plan might be unexpected by a few), but is likely going to be one of the more emotional moments in Raw history. I can't wait to see Raw tonight.

Punk vs. Jericho seems to indicate he's going to end up on Raw one way or another. I chalked up his being mentioned in the "Who should challenge Orton?" poll as him having MITB rights but thought it was odd the Raw section of WWE.com mentioned his MITB victory. Now he has a match on Raw. Could mean nothing, could mean something - either way, Jericho vs. Punk is good stuff.

Looking forward to Raw tonight to see how they lay out the post-Mania scenarios. I am going out on a limb and guessing Jericho turns heel tonight, possibly after Punk beats him for the title.

Looking forward to Raw tonight to see how they lay out the post-Mania scenarios. I am going out on a limb and guessing Jericho turns heel tonight, possibly after Punk beats him for the title.

Jericho-Punk is a non-title match.

Monday Night Raw is definitely 'must see TV,' if you are a fan of Ric Flair. Ric is scheduled to say his final goodbyes in the ring tonight. Tape tonight’s show….just trust me on that one.

JR's Blog

!!!

Also, check out his thoughts on Mayweather; pretty cool.

I just DL'd Mania today and this seems like as good a place to mention it, but after watching the Title match am I the only one that just wants to see a flat out feud break out between HHH and Cena? No sudden turns or anything like that, just build to a straight up grudge match while Orton defends the title against somebody else. I haven't watched a single Raw or Smackdown in almost 2 years, but this would actually make me wanna watch.

Just a thought...

In the WWE spring preview issue of WWE Magazine, Raw General Manager William Regal is asked to name the person he would trade from Raw to SmackDown or ECW. Regal says Ashley. He said, "Ashley. She's a scruffy mare. Dirty, filthy little thing, my goodness gracious. Take a bloody bath or something; She's just dirty looking. She's there with those bloody things in her lip and tattoos, like someone who works on the docks. She should be unloading fish off a ship somewhere."

Regal is God.

Last week had me fearing that Punk was getting no where. If this is the OFFICIAL start of the CM Punk mega push then I'm all for it.

HHH, if the times comes, put over Punk, I'm begging ya. For the immediate future though, Punk, don't pull a Kennedy and choke 3 times this calendar year.

From todays WO Update:

--There was talk this afternoon in Orlando of trying to ban WWE from using any pyro on Raw tonight. Local radio show hosts and several politicians have been trying to push Buddy Dyer, the Mayor, who went to Stamford, CT to get Mania, and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty to ban fireworks tonight.

That would be absolute bullshit if they banned pyro. I know they won't. But can you imagine what it would be like if they did?

When did they really show any signs they weren't taking Punk anywhere? Yeah, he didn't win the ECW title back but thats apparently because they had bigger plans. He did a job in a tag match but that was about it. All the kids promotional stuff he has done over the past few weeks should've been a sign they like him enough to essentially replace Mysterio in that role.

Edit: The lack of pyro shouldn't hurt a wrestling show anyways.

However it sorta sucks in that he'll never be allowed to turn heel - but I guess truly over faces are much harder to find/build than any heel. I just wish they'd let him cut loose on the mic, his OVW stuff was absolutely top notch. I guess it's all about baby steps and getting on Raw (with significant political backing) is a HUGE step for Punk.