TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Intestine

OAO JR's blogs

I thought this would be a decent idea for a thread, since we're trying to make the folder more active.

I always find JR's blogs interesting and full of information. I'll try to post them in this thread for discussion as they come out...

If Cheech or Dandy think that each blog deserves it's own thread let me know. Or if you guys think that even his collective blogs don't deserve a thread at all, that's cool too.

April 2nd, 2008:

I hope many of you took my advise and recorded Monday Night Raw as Ric Flair’s Farewell was a timeless piece of business. Emotional and personal issues are what hooked many of us to the product, as kids, and the closing moments of RAW was as emotionally filled as any thing I can recall in years….perhaps ever.

Ric has a real roller coaster of a weekend emotionally but was much more wound up and nervous for the Hall of Fame ceremony than he was for Sunday’s WM24 match. Ric was always wound tight before a big match, going all the way back to the 80s, when he used to come to the Mid South Wrestling territory. I spent several hours with Ric and his family from Thursdaythru Monday night and "Naitch" seemed to be more nervous over giving his speech than wrestling, what would become his last match.

Floyd Mayweather created many fans within the WWE as a result of his performance at WM24. Fans will never know how hard Floyd worked to prepare for WM24 and how hell-bent he was to make his in-ring business exceed everyone’s expectations, and it did. The Big Show also rose to the occasion and the standing "O" that Show received Monday night was well earned. Show may be more popular now than at any other time since he came to the WWE. Floyd presenting yours truly with one of the gloves he wore in the WM24 fight, autographed. It will be hanging in our new restaurant in Moore, Oklahoma in a few weeks. Floyd now turns his attention to his September fight with Oscar De LaHoya.

The Rock arrived in Orlando late Friday night after working during the day in LA and then came to the Amway Arena late Saturday afternoon after preparing to do two speeches at the HOF Ceremony. I spoke to Rock at length back stage, as did my wife, and he was his usual happy, friendly self and thanked us for all the J.R.’s products he has received and he said he loves our sauces and thanks that our peanuts are a great idea, which was nice to hear. He also is the owner of an "I’ve Got Big Nuts" T-shirt from our place. The Rock may have gone long on his speech to many, as he had lots of ground to cover and our fans can be the judge of that when they watch the unedited DVD. I enjoyed our visit and his presentation. I can also see sitting in the audience for several hours without a break, being a challenge,nature does call occasionally . The Rock stayed as long as he could after his presentation and then had to fly back to work where he was back on the set Sunday. Word going around the Internet is that Rock was aloof to many, is hard for me to buy into. I did not personally see that.

Lots of TNA/Wrestlemania stories coming out of Orlando, as if it there was a big "wrestling war" going on, which is absurd. Talents were asked not to fraternize, which I think in hindsight was much to do about not much.TNA apparently showing Robbie McAllister at the TNA TV show on Thursday night was not a classy thing to do, as McAllister was sent home as a result of it and his status is unknown to me at this time. Two wrongs do not make a right, McAllister should never have gone to the show and TNA should never have put another wrestler’s job in jeopardy. Not real smart on either’s part, in my view.

For the record, Ric Flair doesn’t even know how many title reigns he has. We talked at length about it and the number is at least 19 and maybe more for you trivia buffs out there.

Nice fit and a nice move for Dusty Rhodes to get off the road and focus on helping develop young talent down in Tampa at the WWE’s developmental facility. At The Dream’s stage of the game and after being on the road for most of his life, a change in travel schedule and being in a less pressurized position will be good for Rhodes, who can add a great deal to the process in Tampa. This move has been a while in the making.

The WWE talents were quiet and well behaved in Orlando, with no issues that I am aware of that have not already been discussed. The Orlando Airport Marriott was WWE only from Friday morning until Monday morning and made it great for all that stayed there.

It was nice seeing J.J. Dillon Monday after all these years. J.J. looked great and is working and living in Delaware. Dillon works for the criminal justice system in Delaware so J.J.’s day job is to his liking, which he certainly deserves. I still need to finish reading his book.

I did not see Kevin Nash and his 6′1" eleven year old son, Tristen, at ’Mania but my wife had a nice visit with our old friend. I think it was great that Kevin brought his son to WM24 to simply enjoy the show, but the Oliver Stone’s of the world will no doubt make more of it than that. Kev is still a part of the WWE family and, in my eyes, always will be.

Ric Flair is going to stay very busy working in a public relations capacity with the WWE and will likely be doing ample travel and pressing the flesh with many entities. Who better to do P.R. and tell stories and promote the business than "Naitch."

Test is going to college to earn his credentials to become a Certified Personal Trainer and his obviously winding down his wrestling career. Test is smart as he is getting in good physical shape and is financially solid, as well, after investing in real estate during his WWE runs. Andrew Martin (Test) was one of my hires way back in the day and he seemed more at ease and in the best frame of mind I can ever recall. It was good visiting with him in Orlando.

We will have more blogs this week as we continue to highlight a wonderful Wrestlemania weekend, which saw the live gate officially at $5,854,590. Not bad for a ‘rasslin show.

BOOMER SOONER!

J.R.

Flair lost count of his title reigns? Really?

Robbie shouldn't have went to the TNA taping, yet it's good of Nash to go to WrestleMania? Talk about your double standards... Unless I missed something and Nash no longer works for TNA, which is possible.

Robbie shouldn't have went to the TNA taping, yet it's good of Nash to go to WrestleMania? Talk about your double standards... Unless I missed something and Nash no longer works for TNA, which is possible.

Nash isn't a WWE contracted wrestler, which means that the mandate doesn't apply to him. Plus, TNA didn't have a similar rule, so Nash's job wasn't in danger. There is no double standard there.

Great idea for a thread, though.

April 4, 2008:

Sometimes my timing isn’t so great. I felt somewhat poorly during the WM24 weekend and attributed it to just getting over a 3 week bout of the flu. In hindsight, I should have taken a week or two off prior to Wrestlemania to insure that the flu had subsided, but I didn’t.

While in Orlando I started having colon problems again and began to lose a great deal of blood. But as the old saying goes, "the show must go on" and as I was once told, " a man can be sick at work just as easily as he can be sick at home" so I kept my issues to myself and went about the task of doing my job. This Friday I spent the majority of the day in the hospital here in Norman, the same hospital that removed 13" of my large intestines in 2005, along with a benign tumor off my colon. Friday was like a day at the beach compared that ordeal in 2005, as Friday I underwent a thoroughcolonoscopy and had 3-4 non-cancerous, thank God, polyps removed. I dodged another bullet. I told my friend Kevin Wilson, the offensive coordinator at OU, that I was blessed with "Sooner Magic" and after a couple of days of rest I plan to be on the airplane Sunday night headed to Albany, New York for Monday Night Raw. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

One of the telephone calls I received Friday afternoon was from Ric Flair who called to check on his pal and I assure you that call meant the world to me. It’s akin to OU Coach Bob Stoops calling me on a Saturday in 2005 when I was in intensive care, while the Sooners were preparing to play Kansas at Arrowhead Stadium. Great friends watch out for each other.

Rings- This years HOF class got beautiful rings at their induction ceremony. I am told that all the previous WWE Hall of Famers will also be receiving rings sometime in the future. My wife asked me if I was going to take off my 1974 Oklahoma National Championship ring to wear my WWE Hall of Fame ring and I answered her with "good question."

HBK bought matching Rolex President watches for Ric Flair and himself to commemorate their classic match at WM24. The inscription on the back of Ric’s says "To be the Man" and on the back ofHBK’s it says "You have to beat the Man." Plus the number "24" commemorating Wrestlemania 24 is inlaid on the face of the watch in diamonds. That’s a class act, friends and neighbors.

Ric’s latest DVD, "The Definitive Collection" will be available approximately July 8. For me, this one will go into my "keeper" collection.

Some folks speculate that after 36 years that Ric will be unable to retire like so many of his predecessors a la Verne Gagne, Bill Watts, Terry Funk, etc to name just two of the many who "retired" and then a few years (months) later unretired. I have the feeling that Ric is truly done because the business today offers former stars so many unique opportunities to earn a great living, whereas that did not exist years ago. I hope Ric never wrestles again as he will be 60 next February 25 and 36 years in the ring is damned sure enough.

I hear that the 2008 Wrestlemania 24 DVD will be released soon using Blu Ray technology and will include the WWE Hall of Fame, essentially in its entirety. Flair’s speech is worth the price of the entire package I assure you.

Have you read former Horseman Ole Anderson’s most recent comments about Ric Flair and Ric’s induction into the Hall of Fame? Don’t bother, unless you really get off on negativity. Ole was such a brilliant mind in his day and a government mule tough wrestler but his dogged, negativity is sad. I have great respect for Ole the performer, but wish he would find more happiness in his life. Perhaps he is happy and if so good for him.

Nice seeing Ohio State Buckeyes James Laurinaitis and Marcus Freeman at Wrestlemania 24, I assume as guests of James’ uncle John who is the head of the talent relations department at the WWE, a job yours truly used to hold down. I admire Buckeyes middle linebacker James for not leaving college early and returning to Columbus for his 4th season. Classy move by a classy athlete who must really take after his mom when it comes to his amazing athletic ability. I am a big fan of OSU’s #33.

Reggie Bush was also at WM24 and was hanging around Snoop Dogg’s trailer most of the afternoon on Sunday. My sources tell me that the New York Giants are going to trade outstanding TE Jeremy Shockey to Bush’s Saints, prior to the NFL draft. Shockey is an Oklahoma kid from Ada who told me last week he was looking forward to playing for the Saints. If any NFL player was tailor made for the WWE, it is JeremyShockey and the Chicago Bears’ Dusty Dvoracek.

ABC and ESPN star broadcaster Brad Nessler and his lovely wife Nancy had a blast at Wrestlemania and stayed with my wife, Jan, and I at the Orlando Airport Marriott and enjoyed the HOF Induction Ceremony and WM24 as well.Ness is a big Flair fan, plus we see each other several times during the football season.

Yes, to some on the Net, I remember Paul Burchill used to dress like a Pirate. And your point is??? Announcers following marching orders and the one’s that make it over the long haul don’t usually go into business for themselves. That’s all of show biz.

Last I looked, the WWE had 15 sellout events already for their upcoming UK tour, where we will produce Monday Night Raw in London on April 14, which I am really looking forward to. Perhaps we will see a J.R.’s Family Bar-B-Q sign or two at the show. (cheap plug) There will be more sellouts, as several events are so close to being sold out its not even close.

For those in the Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Kansas area, the tickets for the HUGE Monday night RAW in Oklahoma City’s Ford Center, the future home of the NBA team formerly known as the Seattle Sonics, go on sale Saturday May 17. J.R.’s Family Bar-B-Q will have our second store open by then and we plan on doing some great promotions around the Monday Night Raw event. The event is Monday, June 30.

I got an email recently from a former WWE Developmental Talent, Mack Johnson, and Mack has decided to take a major step and get himself some help and enter rehab. I was happy to help facilitate Mack’s decision, but the credit goes to him for having the guts to help himself and to the WWE for picking up the tab. Shame should not travel along with one’s issues, but instead shame should be attached for someone doing nothing about their issues.

Get out the "bowling shoes," because it looks like the two resident mastodons in the WWE, The Big Show and The Great Khali, are on a collision course. Even though this pending contest won’t resemble a Jack Brisco-Dory Funk, Jr. mat classic, it will likely resemble a crash of 18 wheelers on the interstate. Thank God the match won’t be in Bombay. (Not that there is anything wrong with Bombay.)

I should be receiving a "preview copy" of the new Rock DVD and the match list is really impressive. I will keep you abreast, as the King loves to say.

I plan on attending the OU football scrimmage Saturday afternoon, if I can sneak out of the house without my "nurse" laying down the law.

We just posted a new Q&A that I hope you check out. Plus we have some special deals in our store on Sauce, Jerky, and other items plus we are getting great reviews on on peanuts. The Rock told me he looks forward to each order and has become hooked on our 3 flavors of nuts and is the proud owner of a "I’ve Got Big Nuts" T shirt.

Be well and thanks for stopping by. Keep that feedback and those questions coming, along with your orders. All are greatly appreciated.

BOOMER SOONER!

J.R.

"Get out the "bowling shoes," because it looks like the two resident mastodons in the WWE, The Big Show and The Great Khali, are on a collision course. Even though this pending contest won’t resemble a Jack Brisco-Dory Funk, Jr. mat classic, it will likely resemble a crash of 18 wheelers on the interstate."

Ha!

Anyone know what he's referring to, as far as Ole Anderson's comments?

Ole was acting like Ole and had some bitter, bitter comments about Flair's retirement celebration. It was basically the whole, "He's worked the same match for years" argument. Still, coming from Ole, however, it just sounded that much more bitter. The man is probably incapable of finding joy in anything.

Ric’s latest DVD, "The Definitive Collection" will be available approximately July 8. For me, this one will go into my "keeper" collection.

NICE!

J.R. is a great, great man.

He is? I think his conduct at Nancy Sullivan's funeral would disagree with you.

What's happened?

He showed up to the funeral after he was asked not to attend in full JR getup, and then defended WWE outside the funeral

Like, he was asked by a group of reporters or something? And he defended his employer?

I believe he was asked not to be there, and then showed up wearing his cowboy hat and said:

Ross said Saturday that drugs shouldn't be the focus.

"It's not a steroid issue," Ross said. "It's a domestic issue. There's a lot of other criteria that has to be involved in it. I still can't believe it even happened."

He should've just kept his mouth shut

It was the agenda he had for going to the funeral, not him attending the services. He was Nancy's friend, but it's obvious he was there to tow the company line.

He didn't go just to pay respect too his friend and her child's life.

The New York Daily News has an article talking about WWE going into "spin mode" in an effort to deflect any theories that 'roid rage might have contributed to Chris Benoit's gruesome rampage last month. They then talk about how World Wrestling Entertainment issued a hasty, yet inaccurate, statement to downplay the results of Benoit's toxicology report on Tuesday that revealed that he had high levels of testosterone in his body during his murder-suicide rampage.

The article also brings up Nancy Benoit's funeral last Saturday in Daytona Beach, Florida. According to a source, Nancy's family is said to be outraged that WWE announcer Jim Ross attended the memorial service for her and son Daniel. According to a source, the family did not consider Ross to be an invited guest. They thought his attendance was a media ploy from WWE. They also weren't too pleased with his "colorful entrance" to the funeral because he wore his cowboy hat to the place -- though he did take his hat off upon entering the church. Here is what the article said regarding their quarrel with Jim Ross:

The family of Nancy Benoit is infuriated with the WWE for allowing star announcer Jim Ross to attend the memorial service for Nancy and son Daniel in Daytona Beach, Fla. Saturday, according to a source. McMahon did not attend, but Ross did and was the only bold-faced name to stop and talk with reporters outside the Lady of Lourdes Church before the Catholic service. Ross made a point of quashing the steroid rumors.

"This is not a steroid issue. That horse needs to be put in the barn and unsaddled. This was a domestic issue. There's a lot of other criteria that has to be involved in it. I still can't believe it even happened. It's a domestic issue, but more than anything it's a tragedy. This is not a steroid issue. It's a mother and little boy, (they) are dead and that's the bottom line as far as I'm concerned," Ross said Saturday.

According to the source, Nancy's parents Maureen and Paul Toffoloni and Nancy's younger sister Sandra Toffoloni Sanchez did not consider Ross an invited guest, and were incensed that he made a colorful entrance, including his trademark black cowboy hat.

"They thought it was a media ploy by the WWE," the source told the News. "The way he stopped to talk with the media. He also sat in the back of the church and then was the first to leave after the service." Media members were not allowed into the service.

Ross responded to the 'callous media story' calling him out in a blog he posted on his official website last night. Ross does admit that he was never personally invited by Nancy Benoit's family to attend the funeral. He then states: "...I never realized one had to be invited to attend any funeral service." He noted that WWE asked him to represent the company at the services. Here is Ross' response regarding the entire ordeal:

Just a quick response to an article I was emailed that essentially hammered yours truly for attending the Benoit services last Saturday in Daytona. I was asked to attend the services of Nancy and Daniel Benoit by the WWE to represent the company and I did so willingly. At no time did I want or attempt to create the alleged “media stunt” that some ill informed journalist in New York City has written about. As reported, I did respectfully sit in the back of the church, but by no means was I the first to leave the church and walked out of the church, after the services had concluded, with Dean Malenko and Fit Finlay along with Vicki Guerrero. I did wear my hat, as I usually do when I leave my home for trips, but obviously not in the church. I spoke perhaps 60 seconds with the media as I was getting out of the car and out of the rain, while putting on my jacket, before entering the church and did not have a “press conference” nor had I planned on even talking to the media. I may have answered 2-3 questions at most. The media wanted to talk to me again after the service and I declined. I did not bring up the “steroid issues” but merely answered the very first question out of the media’s mouth and attempted to dispel that topic quickly as I was not there to discuss anything, much less “steroids”. It has been written that “sources say” I was not an invited guest to attend the service. That is true but I never realized one had to be invited to attend any funeral service. In my last blog, I wrote of my true feelings and emotions of this experience. If I am made a scapegoat or a villain by the media thru “sources say” then so be it. I honestly and sincerely went to Daytona to pay respects to Nancy, a long time friend, who I had known since the 80’s, and to her son Daniel who I had known since his birth 7 years ago. I will have lasting memories of this service forever and I still cannot articulate how badly I feel for Nancy’s family and friends over their loss. If my attending this service was an inadvertent distraction to the family, then I apologize, but I can assure all who matter, that my intentions were honorable and I was not sent to Daytona to do “damage control” as some have speculated. I do know that Nancy would have appreciated my paying respect to her memory. Nonetheless, some have “piled on” yours truly for simply doing what I thought was best. Selected letters and comments by some fans on wrestling websites recently inferring such are hurtful and just plain wrong. I know what is in my heart and I know what my intentions were in attending the service so let others say what they wish, as I know the truth.

- New York Daily News Article

It was the agenda he had for going to the funeral, not him attending the services. He was Nancy's friend, but it's obvious he was there to tow the company line.

Glad you have solid insight into his real reasons for going. Do you also know what colour his bowel movements are?

Glad you have solid insight into his real reasons for going. Do you also know what colour his bowel movements are?

Ross responded to the 'callous media story' calling him out in a blog he posted on his official website last night. Ross does admit that he was never personally invited by Nancy Benoit's family to attend the funeral. He then states: "...I never realized one had to be invited to attend any funeral service." He noted that WWE asked him to represent the company at the services. Here is Ross' response regarding the entire ordeal:

I think that is pretty "solid insight".

I didn't step in a minute ago because there has not really been any flaming or anything. There are going to be differences in opinions. I would ask that if it begins to derail a thread, take it elsewhere before you get a short break from the folder.

Edit---This was directed at the bickering back and forth, not really to anyone in particular. Carry on.

It is. I was responding to the comment "could we have a thread without..."

I was just saying that bickering back and forth is going to happen, but if the bickering starts to derail the thread, it will become a problem. It's a non-issue at this point.

April 08, 2008:

I love those 3 a.m. central time wake-up calls, to make an early morning flight back to Oklahoma, after broadcasting Monday Night Raw. Monday nights, getting 2-4 hours of sleep, are the "dark underbelly of wrestling". As amazing as it might sound, there were a handful of fans still hanging out in the lobby of the Crown Plaza Hotel in Albany Tuesday morning, EARLY, when I was checking out. That’s either dedication or insanity.

I received 3 phone calls from Ric Flair last week checking to see how I was feeling. Ric called me once from St. Bart’s, St. Martin, or Saint something, while there decompressing from the emotional Wrestlemania weekend. Ric Flair is a true, long time friend and those phone calls meant a great deal to me. One always remembers who calls when times are the toughest and who puts one on "ignore". Ric had a great time Sunday in New Orleans as a guest of the NBA Hornets’ owner GeorgeShinn for Sunday’s Hornets-Warriors game. There are lots of Flair fans in the NBA, including the Spurs’ Tim Duncan and former great player and current broadcaster, Charles Barkley. I already miss seeing Ric on TV, but I am happy that he is done inside the ropes at age 59.

Speaking of Wrestlemania and the next night’s Raw in Orlando, the Raw from Albany had huge shoes to fill and a tough act to follow, Monday night. Following Flair has never been easy…just ask many of the biz’s biggest stars.

It is nice to see some of the tag teams on Raw get a cup of coffee on the broadcast. Hopefully something meaningful will come of the duos’ enhanced exposure. Hopefully, we will even here some of them verbalize in the near future.

Good to see Chris Jericho bring his IC Title belt to the ring with him for the Highlight Reel. Jericho is the Intercontinental Champion, you know. That was a helluva segment.

HBK/Batista was the highlight of last week’s Smackdown and damned if they didn’t steal the show Monday night, in the eyes of many. TheMichaels-Batista match at Backlash may be the most intriguing match of the PPV.

Is William Regal making his match versus Randy Orton Monday night a WWE Title match? Another question, why wouldn’t Regal pull that trigger?

Hall of Fame thoughts…it was great to see MLB great, Wade Boggs in Orlando and without question Wade can drink more beer than any baseball player alive…INDEED! It’s also not new news that the WWE is talking about acquiring a building for the WWE Hall of Fame. I expect that to be soon, within a couple of years, but the big question is where? It wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever to see it erected in Stamford, CT, where the WWE HQ is located. Nonetheless, count on it happening, as we have been saying here for quite some time. Also, I strongly suggest that the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony be held on Friday night next year and NOT on Saturday night. I would have few, if any, official functions for the talents to be involved with on Saturday night, which is obviously the night before WM25. Can you say curfew boys and girls?

Casual discussions have taken place about J.R.’s Family Bar-B-Q a presence at Wrestlemania 25 in Houston. No details have been finalized, but that’s a goal we would like to accomplish in 2009 and our "Q" people met about it on Tuesday. This would hopefully be in conjunction with the WWE, naturally, but if not, we still would like to have our Bar-B-Q trailer in Houston and serve sandwiches and sell merchandise during WM25 week.

Ken Shamrock made a surprise appearance backstage Monday night at Raw. Ken was in the area doing some promotional work in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. and dropped by to say hello and reconnect with the WWE. I told Ken I watched his last MMA fight that emanated from the UK and he smiled and said "that fight was a joke". I told him we all have the occasional bad day at the office. Ken’s loss in the UK could prove to be financially costly to him, as it relates to future fights. Ken discussed the potential of being involved in a reality show and said a fight with his brother Frank was definitely on the radar screen, but that if the fight came off that it would not be held in California. Ken having his persona essentially rehabilitated, and focusing on "family" and fighting on the possible reality show, would help create a demand for this brotherly battle. Ken looked much leaner than when I last saw him in the WWE, but in great shape, nonetheless. Ken really evolved in the WWE over his time in the company, that included yours truly fining him a week’s pay once upon a time for missing a booking after having a little too much fun, oversleeping and not making his flight to, I think, ElPaso . I found Ken easy to work with, as long as one was direct and honest with him, which is the way business should be conducted. This is only a personal observation, but if I were Ken or his "people" I would be looking at ending my active fighting career much sooner than later. No one wants to have their porch light start flickering, if you know what I mean.

I am looking forward to the trip to London, which sees me arrive there on Sunday morning non stop from Dallas, which is a better connection than I get on some domestic flights. The King doesn’t arrive until Monday morning, but you can bet that his Clark Kent/Superman curl will be in place by show time, Monday evening. Jerry is still recovering from hisalma mater losing to Kansas in the NCAA National Championship of College hoops. (Hey, KU Coach Bill Self, take the big cash and head to Oklahoma State.) The WWE fans in the UK are really extraordinary and Monday’s Raw from London should be an exciting atmosphere. The UK fans seem to always create some unique signs, which are fun for us to read during the commercial breaks.

If our construction crew finishes our second restaurant on time, we plan on hosting a big party at our new Moore, Oklahoma store after Monday Night Raw in OKC on June 30. Several WWE personalities have indicated that they will attend and of course, you’re invited as well. I will keep you apprised of the event that is still on the drawing board. Remember that tickets for the OKC RAW go on sale on Saturday May 17. We have some really cool and interesting memorabilia to display in store #2 including a game worn jersey from everyXFL team.

My thanks to the many well wishers who have reached out to me since my brief and thankfully uneventful hospital visit last week. I am feeling much better, but I am thankful I am a wrestling broadcaster and not a bareback bronc rider. Ouch.

Thanks for reading and stopping by our site. We are still hard at work improving the site and encourage you to check out our Q&A section which we try and update regularly. Plus, as always, our online store is open 24/7 and we thank you for your business and remember that we ship worldwide.

BOOMER SOONER!

J.R.

J.R. Seems like he's trying to convince somebody that Ric Flair is his friend, pointing it out in his last few updates.

The Shamrock news is interesting... I wonder if he's looking to get back into the WWE once his fighting career is over. How many more losses can he take before he has to retire?

I had the same thoughts about Regal.

He's also right about Jericho and the IC title. I hate when champions don't even bring their belts to the ring with them, like their title is worthless.

Call me a sucker for nostalgia but I'd enjoy seeing a Ken Shamrock comeback in a few years, provided he isn't too banged up (career wise and injury wise) from all of the recent asskickings he's taken in MMA.