TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Potential Big Problems for WWE Worker

I'm sure more will surface on this story this week when the name is released of who this is, but anyway you slice it, horrible PR for the WWE in relation to their drug policy, etc.

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. (FOX 5) -- Henry County Police are investigating what a Locust Grove man says he found inside his home.

He turned over to police several bottles that were labeled as containing human growth hormones.

The man also gave police numerous syringes and other materials that investigators say could belong to a W.W.E. wrestler.

"I had never looked in here and so she was gonna put her stuff in here and just looked back in here and the boxes were just sitting there," said the homeowner.

The Locust Grove man showed FOX 5 News where his daughter stumbled upon the disturbing find in the attic of their home.

"It was actually pushed over closer to this wall," said the homeowner as he pointed to a nearby wall.

The homeowner was referring to two shoe boxes that contained several small bottles labeled as testosterone, neomasteron -- which is also an anabolic steroid -- some bottles with no markings at all and there were numerous unopened syringes.

Asked what his thoughts were upon discovering the drugs, the homeowner said "well being the fact that I have children I was horrified because my kids actually play up in that room and so the first thing I thought is what if there were to open that and they would have gotten a hold of the stuff and the syringes."

The shoeboxes also contained personal documents with the name of a man who used to live in the house.

Among those documents was a contract from the W.W.E. and a memorandum to W.W.E. superstars in 2004 about the new dress code.

Henry County Police have asked FOX 5 News not to name that wrestler at this time because they want to talk with him first.

Futhermore, no charges have been filed.

Police are still investigating what the substance was in those bottles.

While it is not illegal for W.W.E. wrestlers to take steroids the W.W.E. Director of Publicity Kevin Hennesy told FOX 5 News "wrestlers can only be prescribed steroids by a physician which is rare and only for a specific medical condition and it is usually taken orally."

Hennesy added, "If a wrestler is injecting steroids for performance enhancement purposes that would be a matter for local law enforcement."

Investigators say they believe the wrestler is staying with relatives in another state.

Police want to question him and test the bottles of substances that were found in the Locust Grove home.

My only recollection is that I think Regal lives in or around the area, wasn't he close to where Benoit was living, at one time or another?

Benoit.... oh right...

Regal is in the area too. Also since the dress code thing came out 4 years ago, it might be someone who isn't with the company anymore.

Benoit.... oh right...

Regal is in the area too. Also since the dress code thing came out 4 years ago, it might be someone who isn't with the company anymore.

Very possible, in which, in that case, it would be something the WWE can deflect a lot better. Otherwise, if it's a current worker, there's going to be a backlash.

Does Rey live in Atlanta? I seem to recall something, from his WCW days? Again, I could be wrong, because he's from the 619.

It'll be bad if the guy still works for WWE or at least worked with them past November 2005 when the Wellness Policy started.

It sounds like it's someone who doesn't work for WWE anymore since they said they think he's living with relatives in another state now.

Guest NateW

I read on a couple of other boards that the name "John" was supposedly seen on the medication shown on TV.

Does Rey live in Atlanta? I seem to recall something, from his WCW days? Again, I could be wrong, because he's from the 619.

No, Rey's been living in San Diego since he's been in WWE at least. With Atlanta, I gotta think WCW connections and the way they are wording it makes it sound like it is at least someone still under contract. So in my theory of somebody who was in WCW and on the roster in 2004 would include:

Jericho

Regal

Big Show

Chavo

Palumbo

Helms

Jamie Noble

Rey

Shannon Moore

That doesn't include women. I really doubt Rey, as I said above. Jericho I believe has lived in Florida since his WWE debut and I think Helms is still in the Carolinas. This doesn't include women as I really doubt it involves say, Torrie Wilson or people who weren't active wrestlers in 2004 (i.e. Dave Taylor or Finlay). It also could be someone like Kidman, who was on the roster in 04 and works in development now. I didn't do a ton of research, so I don't remember if this was the time period where Noble left the company for a little while. I don't know if any of those guys are the candidate either, I'd just think it would be WCW ties and obviously someone who was around in 2004. I'd just hope seeing it seems like they may not have been used in a while whoever it is doesn't get in too much trouble, but if they decide to bring the hammer down and it's someone like Chavo who already has two strikes, it could be pretty big.

This has nothing to do with the WWE, but as a college student majoring in Journalism, I can safely say that this article is one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever read.

I'm a bit confused, so the drugs belong to someone who may or may not be under WWE contract but doesn't live at that house anymore? Is that what I'm understanding?

All of the items were stashed in a crawl space in the attic. There were the steroids and a lot of needles....and a WWE contract and memo about the dress code.

Just seems...odd. The person keeping their contract in there.

But yeah...this is a pretty "who gives a fuck" story right here.

This has nothing to do with the WWE, but as a college student majoring in Journalism, I can safely say that this article is one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever read.

The wrtitten article was probably a throwaway considering that it's a TV station site.

oh but it was a shitty segment on TV too. Did catch my interest right as I was about the turn off the TV though

Jon Heidenreich? Didn't he split rather quickly to buy a gun and to head down to NO after the Katrina floods? John Morrison/Johnny Nitro (though I don't believe he ever lived in Atlanta) and Johnny Stambouli being from Atlanta though moved to PHX and could be living with relatives in Orlando for the time being while with TNA. Of course that's if "John" was on the contract shown. Was the wwe developmental "Deep South Wrestling" in the area at this time?

I read on a couple of other boards that the name "John" was supposedly seen on the medication shown on TV.

What about...

John Cena?

Cena's from the NorthEast and would never have had a reason to live in Atlanta. Nice try though, here's a consolation cookie.

At this point, unless it is a guess based off of who lived in Henry County, GA during the time that would have been on the roster in 2004, then it is pure speculation. There has been no proof of the name "John" being seen so far. I know we like to speculate, but I'm quite sure this will be revealed as soon as the wrestler in question was contacted.

Ripper, you saw the TV spot...was "John" visible on the prescription bottle?

The "John" connection is a screw-up by someone who either didn't know too much about the situation or is an idiot...

The name "John Laurinitis", aka Johnny Ace, appeared on the TV segment because the paperwork shown on TV was the WWE dress code announcement from a few years ago.

That particular announcement was an internal memo sent to the wrestlers by Ace in his position as head of Talent Relations.

I wasn't looking that closely, but I know they wouldn't have been that sloppy to show the persons name on the bottles or the contract.