TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Round 1

12 Man roster plus a coach sounds good. We have 15 so far. I'll let it go till near the end of the day to see how many more we can get.

NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards reserve forward Darius Songaila has been suspended one game for striking Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James in the face with his hand, and will sit out Friday night's Game 6 of the playoff series.

Songaila hit James in the first period of Washington's 88-87 win over the Cavaliers on Wednesday in Game 5.

The suspension was announced Friday by NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson.

Oh what the fuck? I agree with the Wizards coach. They were tangled up and he ripped his hand away. He didn't intentionally smack him in the fact. This is such bullshit they decide to hand out suspensions now. If the Hawks/Celtics thing didn't draw any suspensions then this probably shouldn't.

The dumbest thing about this decision is that the flagrant foul on Queen James earlier in the series deserved a suspension and didn't garner one. I hate the NBA sometimes.

[Conspiracy Theorist]BUT NOW THE FOUL MATTERS WHEN THE WIZ ARE UP A GAME![/Conspiracy Theorist]

...I don't have the slightest fucking idea what Al Horfords mom just said. And I can usually understand even the slightest attempt at the english language.

I sure hope the Celtics beat the Lebrons in the next round.

Who was the chick doing color commentary? Every other word out of her mouth was about Lebron.

In other news, who the hell is Souja Boy?

Wow, the Celtics are self-destructing AGAIN. They're lucky they get to go home and beat down the Hawks in Game 7.

Judging by this crowd, you'd almost think Atlanta wasn't the worst sports city in America.

Jeff Van Gundy has a Celtics Jersey on under his suit. He has been ridiculous during this game.

But this has been some intense basketball. Just need to make shots and this will be pushed to 7.

What a silly ending to that game. Dribble around for seven seconds then throw up a desperation three.

I would have had to hunt down Mike Bibby the way he kept trying to give the game away tonight.

WHOOOO.

Exhale....

Alright, I am just hoping for some out of their mind play for game 7 and hopefully the pressure gets to the guys on the team that are great players but aren't exactly known for playing well under great pressure.

Well it's a good thing the Celtics have homecourt since they apparently can't win on the road! My god! This is going to be a disappointing playoffs, I can feel it.

i know KG made that one shot with 7 secs left, but the man DISAPPEARED in the last few minutes. i was never sure about that criticism of KG shrinking from the clutch, but there's no doubt in my mind when things looked bad with like 4:00 left, Tim Duncan takes at least 3 or 4 big shots down there, and THEN, once they're going insane trying to stop him, find ginobli or Parker outside. He was playing hot potato with the basketball the whole time. in his defense he did grab big rebounds, but how many shots did he take in the last 5 minutes?

Some quick math has the Hawks taking 71 more free throws than the Celtics this series. 71. Let that sink in.

Cs just can't win in Atlanta. They have no idea how to close out a game on the road.

Guest College Party
I'm tellin' ya, if they draw the Nets in the first round, they're out in 6. That's even if they do go 82-0 as forecasted.

I was in the right neighborhood.

Just throwing this out for discussion, if the Celtics lose on Sunday night is that the greatest chokejob in the history of the NBA playoffs?

Guest College Party

I was going to say one of the teams that came back from 0-3 to win it in 7, but no, this is the worst.

Whoever drew up that Ray Allen three point play should not even bother taking the flight back. Of course, then they run the play they SHOULD have with Garnett later when they NEED three.

In the span of four years, Boston teams will (potentially) be involved in the biggest chokejobs/comebacks/upsets of three major sports. That's insane. This team will not make it past Cleveland if they don't get their shit together.

Oh and the officiating was pure drek, but that's par for the course in the NBA.