TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The NBA Offseason Thread

Hey nobody ever thought Wirtz would finally die. Maybe someone should pick Reinsdorf in the death pool next year or something.

Guest Epic Narcissism

As a corollary, nobody ever thought that his son would dramatically turn the organ-eye-zation around in less than a calendar year, either. Maybe there's a kinder, gentler Reinsdorf spawn waiting in the wings. Ideally, Jerry would just sell the team to Michael Heisley, erstwhile Grizzlies owner, who hails from out in the Fox River Valley and has shown an interest in buying the Bulls, while not showing an interest in hypothetically trading six Bulls rings for one White Sox ring. I'm not even sure Bill Wirtz was the biggest cocksucking bastard to own a Chicago sports team anymore.

Poor John Paxson. I've chided the guy for dumbass moves, but the more I learn about how the Bulls work, the less I blame him. Ben Wallace wasn't his idea. This Doug Collins clusterfuck wasn't his idea, either. I would normally never advocate this, but man, go take that AD job at Indiana or wherever. You just got your dick lopped off in public this week by the horseshit owner. Leave pro sports.

I would like to take this time to stress what a incredible basketball mind Mike Woodson has. Simply incredible.

He has taken a team of guys that simply didn't know how to play and managed to get them to push the Boston Celtics to the brink. His bad record and constant critisim he has recieved over the years at the hand of Atlanta Hawks observers has been unfair. He had the youngest team in the NBA and not much of a bench to work with. But if you watch the offensive and defensive schemes that he gave his team, it was obviously the fault of his young team not executing and not this genius of a man.

With that said, I certainly hope that no one else in the NBA notices what a incredible job he has done with this young team. If he were to go to a team of vets, you could almost guarentee a championship. He comes from a championship background with is time in Detroit.

Then you'll be happy to know that the Hawks have offered him a two-year extension!

I don't even like the Lakers, but fuck... man do they need a slasher at point. This shit is sad to watch. Trade Odom... I'm sure Kup can swing something good for him... lot of people like him around the league, and somehow find someone stupid enough to take that horrible contract of Vlad.

Lakeshow could also use a good rebounder.

Fuck this is what happens when you like a franchise that won't do shit in your lifetime and you always have to watch the success of the "real" team.

Guest Epic Narcissism

Say what you will about Mike Woodson, Rip, but I'm pretty sure his coaching philosophy goes beyond "offense and also defense," and taking guys out to lunch. Hey, maybe the key to unlocking Tyrus Thomas's potential is Portillo's. I dunno.

Pistons interviewing Woodson was just a favor to help him get his Atlanta extension (since Woodson is a friend of the Pistons), he never had a real shot, Dumars has been grooming Curry as his hand-picked successor for a while.

Say what you will about Mike Woodson, Rip, but I'm pretty sure his coaching philosophy goes beyond "offense and also defense," and taking guys out to lunch. Hey, maybe the key to unlocking Tyrus Thomas's potential is Portillo's. I dunno.

I would rather have Vinny of the Black.

Maybe that kid who was hurt half the season would do good.

Some guy named Bynum or something.

Guest Vitamin X

But you know, you've got two other 6'10"+ dudes playing on the front court who can't play the boards like they should? WTF, Lakers.

But you know, you've got two other 6'10"+ dudes playing on the front court who can't play the boards like they should? WTF, Lakers.

Yeah, but dude...

PG- Fisher or whatever

SG - Kobe

SF - Lamar

PF - Pau

C - Bynum

You'll ACCIDENTLY get rebounds with that line-up.

...I'd hope.

Lamar Odom is a damn good rebounder. Problem is that right now, he is the only one on the court. You put Bynum out there and you have two guys you have to keep off the boards.

There's a rumour out there, Jermaine O'Neal for Ford, Rasho Nesterovic and #17.

Thoughts?

Good trade for both teams. The Raptors get a strong defensive post presence and scorer to compliment Bosh and the Pacers clear some cap room and get their starting point guard.

I saw that on the front page of HoopsHype, and it just said "JO for Ford/Rasho", with no mention of the pick. That kind of pissed me off, until I saw that we'd be getting the pick, as well. Maybe we could finally get a taker for Jamaal Tinsley if we package that pick with him.

Apparently if Josh Smith ends up asking for more than Atlanta is willing to pay the Pistons are going to try and pull off a sign and trade. I'd be beyond ecstatic if this were to actually happen (it probably won't :().

The Hawks are going to match. thats just them floating crap out there. Its not like they need to save money for all the other free agents that will be flocking to Atlanta. He is 22 years old, is just starting to be at the tip of the player he could turn to, and he is a home town guy. No way that they don't resign him. Hell, Rick Sund gave Chris Wilcox 20 something million to be...well...Chris Wilcox. They will resign Josh.

in funny news, the guy got better every year. He closed out last year like a monster as a 21 year. With a chance to sign him for around 54 mill for 5 years last year, the Hawks wouldn't offer more than 45 mil, let him play another year and get his expected jump in stats and abilities and now they are looking at a guy that will be close to the max.

They probably could have had Josh Childress for around 4 mill a year, but he probably played himself into a mid level price tag at the very least. Once again, if anyone watched the team, this was no suprise.

I have no idea what the fuck they think they are going to save money for.

There's a rumour out there, Jermaine O'Neal for Ford, Rasho Nesterovic and #17.

Thoughts?

That would be phenomenal! As a Raptor fan since the teams inception, I wholeheartedly endorse this trade. Do it Colangelo!

A board I was reading was saying the Raptors should go after Artest too, to reunite him with his Pacers brother.

Imagine Calderon/Artest/Moon/Bosh/O'Neal

It would probably be Artest for Bargnani for that to happen.

I can see toughness in that team for sure. The Raptors vs. Pistons would be the new Pistons vs. Pacers. Toughness vs. toughness.

Also, apparently according to Sportsnet (?) Anthony Parker has signed with a team in Greece. Raptors are gonna get some changes for damn sure. Maybe it's also the beginning of a trend of NBA guys to Europe.

Jesus, I'd be happy with a bag of potatoes for bargnani. Artest would be a godsend.

Then give us him instead of Rasho.

Those Euro teams are really busting out the big money. Anthony Parker is going to be making 10 million a year for 3 years (!). To be fair, Parker was a genuine superstar in the Euroleagues, so from their POV they're not paying for a "scrub".

Those Euro teams are really busting out the big money. Anthony Parker is going to be making 10 million a year for 3 years (!). To be fair, Parker was a genuine superstar in the Euroleagues, so from their POV they're not paying for a "scrub".

Parker could have pulled more than a 3 year, 10 million deal here in the US.

Most teams would have killed to have him at 4 mill a year.

Edit: Just reread that and saw it was 10 million PER year. So um...nevermind. Goddamn.

Did anyone see the Knicks-Grizzlies rumor? On Hoopshype they showed a rumor which I guess was from ESPN that was saying Knicks sending David Lee and Malik Rose to Memphis for the 5th pick and Brian Cardinal. I honestly don't know if that would benefit either team. I don't see why a Knicks team that is trying to turn around would dump probably the player they could get the most production or value for this deal.