TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

That play where Gasol just charged to the rim and knocked the shit out of Harpring and no offensive foul called, or anything for that matter was called was ridiculous.

Utah didn't get many of the calls down the stretch, but at the same time, Gasol was getting hacked all game and only took four shots from the stripe.

Anyway, Utah got a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor during Game 4. Things even out in the end. Utah picked up the most fouls in the league this season, so it isn't like they're playing two hand touch and getting whistled.

Yeah, but dude, they were letting hacks go on one end towards the end and calling slight touches on the other.

I personally think its not picking a team they want to win, I think teams that have a repuation as being a good defensive of phsyical team gets a lot of rope while teams that are known as not great defensive teams get penalized when they play physical.

Thats why the Celtics and Cavs have just been using lariats at the rim in their series and its fine, but the touch fouls are being called against Utah.

There definately were some lightly touched him fouls called last night.

But be not confused, Utah still should have won. Chucking up 3's for no reason when the game got close with 3 minutes to go is what doomed them.

"WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE" may be one of the best worst phrases I've ever heard uttered by an NBA announcer.

I dunno, in some contexts it could be pretty awesome.

HE NAILS THE CLUTCH JUMPER WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!

WHAT A STEAL WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!

Then again, I was dropped on my head as a child so my opinions are generally askew.

"WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE" may be one of the best worst phrases I've ever heard uttered by an NBA announcer.

That was awesome; it really made the game for me.

Guest Desensitized

That's a terrible phrase, and Kevin Harlan is a terrible announcer. I wish TNT would find a better and more distinctive backup pbp announcer so that the doubleheaders didn't feature Marv Albert and Someone Doing An Adequate Impression Of Marv Albert.

Guest Vitamin X

It's not new. He said it during a Kobe dunk a couple years ago.

If tonights game is any indication, the Celtics and the Lakers might as well start lubing up now, because the refs are giong to give it to them hard to make some game 7's happen.

Oh Robert Horry you dirty bitch.

That reminds me of the time Kobe had bad ribs and Scottie Pippen would ONLY foul his ribs the whole game. Layup, rib shot, jump shot, rib shot. Stopping the clock...rib shot.

Oh please. Chandler did the same thing to Tony Parker the other night. Only difference is Parker doesn't have a strained back, or whatever it is West has.

Oh please. Chandler did the same thing to Tony Parker the other night. Only difference is Parker doesn't have a strained back, or whatever it is West has.

Alf, he took that shot because he knew the guy had a bad back.

There is a reason that moron Jackson is talking about how some old school vets are cheering him on because he went after the injury.

And remember when I said that I didn't have a reason to dislike the San Antonio crowd? Cheering on Horry because he injured an opposing player....there is one reason.

Mark Jackson is a shitface. Good thing he ain't coaching the Knicks.

Yeah...thanks... :(

Guest Desensitized

I mean, "with no regard for human life," that doesn't even make sense in a basketball context. Maybe in football if a linebacker sacks the ever-loving fuck out of Grossman some dopey sloth of a quarterback and leaves an indentation in the field, or if a hockey player lands a really big hit like Dion Phaneuf did to that one Ottawa Senator, but for a slam dunk? Human life is not being disregarded. Might as well just say "shugga-shugga-boom" or something. Kevin Harlan is a joke.

Kevin Harlan is the best. Have you heard him on NBA 2K8? Too bad they don't have "Right BETWEEN THE EYES" in the game.

I loved "No regard for human life!"

I've been using it all day.

Registered a script at the WGA today, and used it on the clerk, he got really serious... like I accused him of something.

Is there any chance that either road team wins tomorrow, or are we looking at two more uncompetitive games that are over midway through the 4th?

The Hornets had their chance to get back in the game early in the 3rd. They were getting defensive stops and were within 5-6 points, but they couldn't hit any shots (particularly West), and it just all fell apart from there. Oh well, hopefully they'll take care of business at home.

Yeah, but the calls in the 3rd were horrible. that second offensive foul on Paul and two of those fouls on West were just plain ridiculous. Then they went on the usual touch fouls on one end, murder is okay on the other end.

I don't THINK the Hornets could have won either way, but that third quarter was atrocious. I am just saying, Lakers and Celtics better watchout.

The call where Ginobili and West were tied up was pretty bad, but the other four were pretty easy calls. The ones on Chris Paul only seemed bad because guys like Dwyane Wade do that clearout every single time when they're "crossing people up" and it never gets called. But those were fouls. West smacked Duncan right across the wrists on his second foul, and the last foul was a Jordan-on-Russell level blatant pushoff. I don't see what complaints there are on those two fouls, unless people just assume Duncan flopped because it's the Spurs. Some of the Spurs may do their share of flopping, but I don't recall Duncan ever really being a flopper.

Also, I've changed my tune on the Horry play after seeing it a couple more times...I think there's got to be a line drawn when it concerns getting physical with injured players, and Horry crossed it. It wasn't really in the flow of the game at all. My dad has always hated Chuck Person for this reason, with the way he played Larry Bird in his waning years. It just kind of seemed like the outrage came about mostly because it was a Spurs player commiting the foul.

One thing I want to say about this series, though: Whoever wins, I've never seen the Spurs look so vulnerable against a team over the last six or so years as they have against the Hornets in this series. I know they've lost before, but with the possible exception of the Dallas series a couple years ago, I haven't really felt like "those guys are going to beat the Spurs" in any series since the '03 playoffs, until it's actually happened. I have to say, depending on David West's status, it doesn't look very good for them on Monday. I don't really have any substance behind this opinion, just a hunch.